Tower of Infinity needs work

AmatsuDF

So after dozens of runs, I can conclude only one thing: The Tower of Infinity is only meant for wallet warriors with the maxed out legendary. Anyone else can't even hope to get past floor 25, even with AP well over 550. In addition, all the bots cheat. I have observed all of them using far too many CC abilities then they should have available, and they always escape Phantom Grips, even if one is done seconds after the first is broken via things like cooldown reduction picked for that floor.

NCSoft, you've proven yourself a inept company. You won't fix this, but maybe there's a small hope.

I'm sorry but for all the things that is wrong with this game, the Tower of Infinity is not one of them. If you have well over 550 ap and can't exceed floor 25, then I think you need to change your tactics a bit. The NPCs are not just target dummies for you to nuke down, you have to have some understanding of their classes, their abilities and how to play against them. This is also why "Trial Arena" i think its called, exists, but simply take the left door, instead of the right into tower of infinity.

Practice in there against the different classes, try to get 3 stars stage 2 or even stage 3 on all the classes, then go try tower of infinity. If you never do much PVP then you will struggle in the tower, you need to know how to chain your cc's while still doing damage, and what to look out for on the other classes. 

Other than that, what do you expect? to clear all 100 floors? The tower is designed to need more gear the higher you go yes, as is almost anything. Although anyone with decent soul shields and around 600~ ish AP should be looking to at least get mid 30s on average. I saw a sub 600 Des do 40+, ofc probably had nice classes to face and good buffs to pick, but as is the RNG in the tower

The only thing i dont like about tower is the fact that how far you go determins the soul shiled pieces you get, and some classes have a way harder time going into  higher rooms, which means they probably wont be getting some of the shoul shileds and that seems  a bit unfair imo.

Should a newly dinged player expect to get all his asura and be ido soul shield pieces straight away? I wouldn't expect so, they would have more reasonable goals like yeti first etc. Why should tower be any different? 

The challenger soul shields are a reward, not a necessity, its not required or needed to do any of the current content, unless you want to start talking about doing 50+ floors in tower and need some crit def etc, in which case the challenger soul shields are quite nice in that regard.

By looking at the boards, the only class that blatantly, in general, has it easier in the tower is summoners. Their top 50 is always remarkably higher floors on average than the other classes, and the only class that seems to have less floors on average in top 50 would be BM, rest seem very similar. 

I dont know at what floor the oponents starts to have Legendary weapon, but when they do, they can reset the skills when spirit is trigger.

The only thing that i dont like its that they play with 0 ping, i have 300+ ms and mostly all the times when i try to do a retreat + block skill i dont have time to do it, its imposible. On arena fighting vs real players i do it all the time, but in here they get to me super fast and i cant cast.

I managed to get to floor 33 with my 560 AP assassin and tried just 1 time this season. Im not a walletwarrior but play a lot pvp. AP isnt everything. A good soul shield and accessoires are more important i think.
Ok the cd of the ai is unfair but most unfair are summoners. When i get one i even cant beat stage 25 <.<

Maybe they fix them in the fututre. I dont know how it is in korea.

At first glance I was like the OP, feel like bot are too overpowered.

But I practice, and now I just clear lvl 31 and I was proud of me.

The tower is like a mix of dungeon's boss and PvP. All bot have pattern that you can counter. Gear help but my gear didn't evolve from the last season where I can't get more than lvl 20.

In this season I used to reach 25-28.

Just practice and pray for good RNG :D cause to reach a high lvl you need good roll on opponent class and bonus skill.

Try to change your SS too. Not all DPS like in PvE but with def crit infuse for example.

9 hours ago, AmatsuDF said:

[...]

I am by no means a good player when it comes to PvP (and by extension to this tower) and I am absolutely no wallet warrior as the only things I've ever bought from the store were cosmetic and a few CS resets. All the gear I wear was acquired by actually playing, and I'm at 568 AP now. Even with my non-existent skills in PvP and my non-legendary gear I've managed to get above level 25. I think the highest floor I cleared was 29.

The problem with the tower is the heavy class inbalance this game has in pvp + the almost non existent cooldowns of the enemies. AP is not a real problem there it's the class you have and the enmies you get. Below 25 nothing is a problem but if I face a destro or sf afterwards, I can almost quit (as fm). The destros parry-stun almost everything no matter how carefully you are. The sf is teleport-stunning you every 5 seconds or so what leads in an very Long stun chain. Even if they can't kill me, I have a very hard time to beat them in time. Dealing with a single enemy below floor 30 for 4-5 minutes  because you are stunned 3-4 minutes of that time is just bullshit. I know there are people who managed to get past 50 as fm, but I am sure that it depends heavily on the enemies you get. An wl for example is nothing and can be killed by spamming everything without much effort.

The Tower itself is a nice idea but you can't expect to fight very good pvp bots with low cooldowns and much more hp than you have against the time.

In case some of you missed the description in patch notes:

the higher you get in the tower the less cooldown the oponents have on their skills.

thats why you see them note use more cc than they have but just cause the cdr is less

On 4. 7. 2016 at 4:45 AM, Guts Everywhere said:

Should a newly dinged player expect to get all his asura and be ido soul shield pieces straight away? I wouldn't expect so, they would have more reasonable goals like yeti first etc. Why should tower be any different? 

The challenger soul shields are a reward, not a necessity, its not required or needed to do any of the current content, unless you want to start talking about doing 50+ floors in tower and need some crit def etc, in which case the challenger soul shields are quite nice in that regard.

By looking at the boards, the only class that blatantly, in general, has it easier in the tower is summoners. Their top 50 is always remarkably higher floors on average than the other classes, and the only class that seems to have less floors on average in top 50 would be BM, rest seem very similar. 

Hmmm....show me Forcemaster rank?Forcemaster have realy problem in IT

I have 600+ ap true oath acessories , soulshied mix asura with be ido  full maxed and i cant go up from 25 floor, before update patch i am try with 550+ap only and because i get luck and meet with wl at 25 floor i am go to 32 and die :) now i am still better and better and still if i meet with sum 25 floor imposible, if i use sleep on cat , bot ai is too much inteligent, he jump fast to cat and if i want hit him i am hit cat and cat no sleep:) imposible kill cat she have too much hp  no way , sin rly stupid ai he still only runing around arena in stealth i cant hit him press my 1st skill , if i am lucky hit him and my skill can unstelth him ,i see EVADE block resist wth , how i can kill him ?  destro spin to win or reflect, kfm ihave still grey skill bars, blademaster bladedancer still grey skill bar or block block evade resist counter ,soulfightr ehmmm nothing to say , i am happy only when i meet WL, rly thx NCSOFT

Tower isnt that had its just sloppy made.  once we get Fl 30+ Sum and des are basicly lose it quick cause both will rek you in secs. a BD and Sin can both easily be won but they do love stalling time.. KFM,Bm and Wl seem to be walk over for all classes.. 

Meanwhile you have to beat same time if its BD with their shitty long Iframes vs a WL you just nuke the *cricket* out 

My only complaint about the tower is that it is timed. I was excited for a survival event. Instead, I got an event that rewards high damage classes. The timer really makes me mad when I face sins or fms as they are notorious time wasters. The FMs will actually ice themselves when the timer is running out. Did they program the AI with trolling in mind? Give us a version of the Tower of Infinity with NO timer. 

7 minutes ago, Xiaoyen said:

My only complaint about the tower is that it is timed. I was excited for a survival event. Instead, I got an event that rewards high damage classes. The timer really makes me mad when I face sins or fms as they are notorious time wasters. The FMs will actually ice themselves when the timer is running out. Did they program the AI with trolling in mind? Give us a version of the Tower of Infinity with NO timer. 

Lmao , they probably did build it with trolling in mind. 

probly the only real problem in infinity tower  is the summoners hp pool. its a bit foul the in those upper floors even with a a good buff the cat hold way too much hp. it legit becomes 2v1 lol and no one here can say yea i steam rolled a high floor summoner with ease.

Basically whats happening to me on floor 35+ is that i get stuffed by the amount of cc everything has. Even if it doesn't kill me with the enormous cc chains it ends up stalling out my dps to basically nothing. I don't mind though, I enjoy the harder content and getting better each time i try is motivation to keep going :D

On 11.7.2016 at 0:12 AM, Xiaoyen said:

Tower is actually very very Fun... but just like u... when i noticed everything in this Game EVEN *cricket*ing Tower... is Time Based and also RNG based.... where is this Skillbased then by any means?... I would luv to Fight till Floor 100 without Legendary and P2W 700~800 AP coz it would be more Challneging and Fun... or Solomode all Bosses...

But since in this Bns version they made all Bosses 2.5 x HP.... but let the Timer be low as *cricket* its hard to beat them... and only *cricket*ing Gear depended... while u could beat them with skill... ( ya i beat yeti and jinsoyun and shit ... but on time its *cricket*ing stupid and not fun) and beating Darkness Mushin in 1 min with him having 2.5 x HP is immposible.... i did beat him with 600 AP at... 2min 30 sec exact... now tell me whats... 1 min x 2.5 ?... exactly... 2.30 min... the troll is real i would had made it... 

And yes summoner in Infinite are broken as *cricket*... in real pvp... they decent and can be beaten but in this weird... pve/pvp bot mix setup plus 2.5 x Hp and hp reset on there cds... its just riidoculse... i reached floor 39 when i had 600 AP last time i tryed... always had bad Rng and always a sin and summoner runing away or chain u to near death coz they just reset there cc ... while u still cced by the same atk..?... man... or those BD that use garduain tempest... then ts down and u ar elike NOWWW U DIE *-* bang.... he instant use it again ... and that 3 times in a row... and thn 2 x grap in a row... and u are like ... EHM WHAT? RNG.... do not fit in a PVP skillbased game.....

Archived