Summoner in Infinite Tower Needs Nerf

Alanstar

I can face all other classes except for summoner, the summoner class is per CC hell and there is nothing I can do against it as a melee user. I haven't been able to get past floor 20 due to the damn summoner class. Please NCSOFT, look into this and maybe tone down the summoner a bit, it is keeping a ton of players from even advancing very far.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oOnyXo said:

look at anyone with less than 550ap and see where they are for a more average playerbase floor rating

somewhere around floor 30. And why under 550ap? u can earn 600 ap relativly easy right now and 600ap guys are around floor 40

On 3.7.2016 at 9:31 AM, WarWarWar said:

get gud

if u can't pass floor 20..

ppl r in 50's now...

It sounds hard but this guy is right. 

If you can't even make it to Floor 20+ you srsly need to get gud because it's definitely not the summoners fault. 

Oh btw once you reached a certain level you'll hate Soul Fighters and BDs nearly as much as summoners. 

On 03/07/2016 at 11:58 AM, RainbowDashie said:

somewhere around floor 30. And why under 550ap? u can earn 600 ap relativly easy right now and 600ap guys are around floor 40

"u can earn 600 ap relatively easy?" bwahaha yea sure, try to convince yourself you aren't simply a big nerd (or a cashshoper) ;)

I'm on floor 44 with 563 AP. (i'm the first summ below 600AP *o*) And I find summoners also way too hard compared to other classes.
I dunno how should it be nerfed... but it should be for sure.
Also, it would be nice if they got the bug fixed, that only 5 buff (not debuffs) icons appear on them. It's especially noticable on FM, when it has Divine Veil on, it resist you, you also can see the buff is active, but the icon is 6th or 7th and only 5 buffs appear. would help if they got this bug fixed.

On 7/3/2016 at 0:58 PM, RainbowDashie said:

Please teach me how easy to get 600ap... 
Or at least explain what you define as easy? is something possible but taking forever is easy ?

I thought it was kind of strange that random NPC mobs used playable classes (Destroyers EVERYWHERE) but there were zero summoners. Now I'm glad there are zero summoners to fight in most PvE. 

I think the simplest tower summoner nerf would be to reduce their health pool, particularly that of the pet. 

For some classes, the most viable strategy to use against summoners is to nuke down their pets. You can't really do that when you get the the point where both the summoner and the pet have upwards of 350K HP. It just takes too long to bother with the cat, but then those summoners will seriously mess you up if you try to ignore their cat. Few classes have the CC resources to deal with both at the same time for an extended period. It makes it a bit difficult for classes that don't have those 30 second sleep CCs.  I think they should be re-balanced such that their total health pool between both the cat and the summoner is closer to the HP another class would have, with a little bit extra on the summoner. Ie: If a blade dancer would have, say.. 400,000 HP on floor 30, then the summoner should have around 260,000 with a 150,000-200,000 HP cat. 

Like nearly everything else in the game, you can basically brute force through all the mechanics and challenge simply by having a high enough AP, but I wouldn't consider that a solid solution. Yes, you could simply grind out 650+ ap and then the summoner's health pool is a non-issue, but I still think their difficulty level needs to be more on par with that of other classes in the tower regardless. Because once you have the AP to deal with summoners, a lot of other classes at the same difficulty are complete jokes. 

48 minutes ago, gameriuxlt said:

Please teach me how easy to get 600ap... 
Or at least explain what you define as easy? is something possible but taking forever is easy ?

easy for that kind that u can get so much stuff right now from this event within daily challenge. There u can get massiv amount of materials, as some guys from my guild.

Thats why i say atm its easier to get to 600ap since ever (without trove event and cash shop user). And it wont get harder to get their, it will only become easier as further our content will go.

(Hope its understandable my english isnt that great if im tired xD)

1 hour ago, Cesura said:

30 second sleep CCs

about that... if you put summoner's cat unconcious, then the summoner will run to the sleeping cat's spot, and stand in the centre, you can run around literally searching for summoner target, but always from every side you try the cat will be the target. so even if you ZzZz the cat, the summ will stay on centre where you cant target it and you can just hit his cat either with target attack and ofc with aoe attacks. it's ridiculous by the way.... how is that even possible to find a spot in the centre of the cat where he is untergatable himself, only the cat? I wanna learn that too o.o

Summoner is basically "your run is over." The fight is essentially 2v1, and the cat is essentially impossible to burst down because it has so much HP and there's limited time to defeat the Summoner themselves. Lowering the cat's HP to the ten thousand digits would allow us to reasonably get rid of it, even if the cat is allowed to be resummoned.

5 hours ago, Cesura said:

30 second sleep CCs.

That doesn't really work. I've tried it a bunch of times, including moving the cat away from the Summoner. When I turned my attention back to the Summoner, the cat was wide awake and clawing my back.

Also for some stupid reason the cat is immune to the Stun/Daze special skill, so they can just use True Friend and outright stop your 7 second combo string.

Summoners on higher floor will have Legendary weapons that reset their skills, and HM skills that we might haven't even gotten yet.

One thing that makes the fight is different from arena is the lacking of Pet-killing strategy, due to the cat has way too much HP. If anything, the cat should have his HP nerfed to always be about 100k HP in all floors. Boost its def and cri.def to make tougher, if needed.

Just now, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Summoners on higher floor will have Legendary weapons that reset their skills, and HM skills that we might haven't even gotten yet.

One thing that makes the fight is different from arena is the lacking of Pet-killing strategy, due to the cat has way too much HP. If anything, the cat should have his HP nerfed to always be about 100k HP in all floors. Boost its def and cri.def to make tougher, if needed.

I always ignore the cat and go straight for the owner, never had a problem killing the boss that way.

14 minutes ago, WhoAmI1 said:

I always ignore the cat and go straight for the owner, never had a problem killing the boss that way.

You didn't deny that the cat-killing strategy is rendered invalid cuz of the cat's huge HP.

If it is about pve through pvp strategy, I prefer all pvp strategies available.

4 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

You didn't deny that the cat-killing strategy is rendered invalid cuz of the cat's huge HP.

If it is about pve through pvp strategy, I prefer all pvp strategies available.

The cat does not do as much damage as the summoner themselves, so after killing the cat you are probably dead even if the cat had like 20k hp.

1 minute ago, WhoAmI1 said:

The cat does not do as much damage as the summoner themselves, so after killing the cat you are probably dead even if the cat had like 20k hp.

The cat provides 3/4 of a Summoner's CC and chance for the summoner to burst damage on you (4s knockdown = 2-3 Sunflower to the face), and prevent you from doing damage on the Summoner by CCing you. Not mention it gives the Summoner's 5s Resist, which they can use even when being CCed for some reason.

If the cat has more managable HP, people just CC the Summoner and kill the cat, like they usually do in pvp. However, since the cat's HP is too high, the strategy is unavailable. And since the Summoner has high HP too, the strategy of put the cat in sleep and burst damage the Summoner while he struggles toward the cat is also unavailable.

6 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

The cat provides 3/4 of a Summoner's CC and chance for the summoner to burst damage on you (4s knockdown = 2-3 Sunflower to the face), and prevent you from doing damage on the Summoner by CCing you. Not mention it gives the Summoner's 5s Resist, which they can use even when being CCed for some reason.

If the cat has more managable HP, people just CC the Summoner and kill the cat, like they usually do in pvp. However, since the cat's HP is too high, the strategy is unavailable. And since the Summoner has high HP too, the strategy of put the cat in sleep and burst damage the Summoner while he struggles toward the cat is also unavailable.

Most people can still kill the boss, therefore NCSoft most likely WILL NOT adjust the cat's hp.

But who knows for sure.

13 minutes ago, WhoAmI1 said:

Most people can still kill the boss, therefore NCSoft most likely WILL NOT adjust the cat's hp.

But who knows for sure.

Summoners can be killed with cat alive during pvp too. However, pvp summoners face more strategies to deal with, while Tower summoners don't need to worry about their cat. It's like you fighting a Summoner with one hand tied, cuz you cannot do anything about their cat.

Depend on the complaints they receive. If it's overwhelming, they may actually consider to reduce the difficulty. For example, in Bns Taiwan (which is very close to us in term of contents), they reduce a Boss HP's by 10% in a Quality-of-Life patch note.

Another example is that NCWest adds HM skills to PvP store, which is not available in Korea, so that pvp players can do less pve.

One of the thing that makes Infinity a struggle now is that we have not yet reached the same equipment level of other regions, where they are already have better soul shields, elemental accessories, and even better legendary weapons when the Tower is released in this year's January. For NA/EU, doing Infinity Tower is like a low-AP challenge, and it will take a while until we are geared enough to reach Floor 100th.

Archived