PvP theorycrafting

ZeronX

Hello, everyone,

today I was thinking about a perfect PvP build and came to a conclusion that I need some assistance because some spells can't be really well tested (since there is no DPS meter in this game and you can only test them on some mobs or puppets which won't say much). So lets start with some sample build

I explain it so you will understand why did I skill that thing, and at the end there will be questions for you

So we obiously start with:

Straight Jab (LMB)

Obviously more focus on critical hit and little extra damage from behind are pretty nice but hitting from behind is still very unlikely to happen, so that damage is really unreliable. The right tree with focus damage would be also an option if it would give extra focus, but it doesn't, so we don't skill that, since that spell is mainly used to regain focus and not to do significant damage. We usually spam it between Right Punch when  the enemy is CC-locked. You can skip the T3 one if you need skill points for something else.

Frost Palm(LMB)

Here regaining focus would be nice, but on the other hand the chill stacks which also penetrate deflect (especially vs Destro/LBM) are really useful, since it allows us to disable their charge (still pretty randomly) but when it is spammed, in combination with our RMB we can freeze our enemy much faster and get that advantage.

Right Punch(RMB)

We won't use this spell a lot (usually we hit it like 2-3 times while our enemy is stunned before we knock him up for example) so we go for the one with biggest damage. I tried other ones and can say that if you manage to hit for more than 2-3 times, the 4th tree one would be better, since it also chills and costs less, which allows us to build stacks for Iron Shoulder. Also breeze kick is a pretty good spell to get extra stacks and extra damage after our charge. Getting HM spell may be useful for getting faster Iron Shoulder, but since it has to crit (!) from behind (!) to get one more stack it is also pretty unreliable and only useful if you have too much money and skillpoints to waste.

Snowball(RMB)

Extra Chill while in Burning Tundra range and bonus damage to a frozen enemy while getting increased cast speed will make it the best option. Sometimes Stage 3 is also reliable (vs Summs at least) but in my opinion it's the best option to take.

Iron Shoulder(F)

Don't rely on this spell. I skilled it since it gives us a lot focus and most importantly disables enemie's defences, but the problem is, we won't get enough stacks most of the time but the defence disable still makes it worth to take (sometimes we can proc it, but from my experience it happens very rarely, not even at least 1 time per match). If you need points somewhere else skip this spell completely. May be somehow useful with HM Right Punch but hitting from behind is unreliable and critting after that is even more unreliable so it still will be not very useful, since you have to hit 7 Right Punches after Breeze Kick, which won't happen most of the time, and stacks only keep for 10 seconds. It is much better proccable with Cobalt Punch Stage 1 or 2, but they are bad spells for pvp themselves, so breaking defence for that... meh.

Howling Bast(F)

Our only option. Will work mostly as a gapcloser and not as a daze, since good opponents will cancel their block when they see you charging and you won't daze them. Still a better and a viable option compared to the other 2 trees.

Windstorm(F)

If you want to skill it and have extra skillpoints, go for Stage 1, since it gives you some Focus regen, but most of times you will have enough focus anyway. It works well when you go like that:

charge with Lightning Fist (2), Breeze Kick (F), Spam Right Punch (RMB) and just before your stun ends knock him up with Rising Dragon Strike (4) Warning: Make sure to have 2 focus for the Knockup - then press SS (shall be skilled ofc) and you have your whole Focus back. 

Stance Shift(Tab)

Pretty obvious, we only get advantages from putting there 1 point in, so go for it anyway.

Second Wind(Tab)

Our one and only (sadly) escape. Go at least for T2, and get Stage 1 vs Summoners and FMs, and Stage 3 vs the rest. It's not like that will help you vs Summoners or FMs but anyway, you won't die vs a Sum in 5 seconds but in 25 (when he has his grapple again).

Elbow Smash(1)

Our block. Usually Stage 2 is taken vs BM or LBM to counter their Pentaslash, since freeze won't help out and you will still get knocked up and Stage 1 has only 3 seconds CD which makes it the best option. If you have HM Spell (from 300 scrolls and 1450 achievment points) you can go for T5 Stage 2 vs a Forcemaster to have a little chance. T5 Stage 1 decreasing CD of your heal every time you block is also pretty good. This is actually the only HM spell you will really need for this class in near future.

Lightning Fist(2)

Obviously we take the one with stun, since we need that CC. 

Displace(2)

An extra knockup for guaranteed aircombo is also necessary to do significant damage to our opponent.

Frost Nova(3)

We need the defence penetration and daze, but other effects are not required. If you have extra points, go for Stage 1.

Ground Ripple(3)

You may wonder, why did I take the knockback one - well the answer is simple. We have an extra CC with less CD and bigger range, enemy will get broken defence after that. So what we can do - follow up with  2, and get the guaranteed stun with less cd. It gives us much more options to outplay our opponent than just an extra stun with a very long cooldown. Better use it fto get a guaranteed hit for our Lightning Fist. Oh, and it looks cool.

Leg Sweep(4)

Piercing parry, blocking approach skills and slowing our enemy is really useful, so go for it anyway.

Glacial Beam(4)

Get only the T1, since it reduces the heal of our enemy. In the end it pays itself off.

Focus Chi(Z)

We will use it for Kingfist and some dmg afterwards (if possible) so why not extra damage? Anyway Kingfist will be more likely to crit and do more damage and the buff will last for whole 10 seconds, so we have enough time to use it also for other spells, too. Put as many points as you can afford, if you need more defence or miss other essential spells you can put some poins away from this spell.

Chi Burst(X)

We need the extra HP buff, since it also increases our heal and reduces our damage: extra HP will remain after conversion, so if you increased your HP up to 60K and then take damage and your HP falls down to 30K, you will still keep your 30K HP after your buff expires which gives you a lot since you take the same damage but have much more HP at the end compared to if you have only 40K HP and take the same 30K damage you will only have 10K HP at the end. See the difference? That's how OP our heal is. Still, don't forget that it heals us for the 30% of the notbuffed value(it heals before it gives you the buff). In the end it is still pretty musthave. BUT BEWARE! Don't use it when you have heal debuff up, because you won't get the full heal and with 1,5 min CD it's the last thing you want to waste.

Self Defence Chi(C)

Our defensive ability which gives us 5 Iframes for 5 seconds, or ablity to not being able to get targeted. The Stage 1 is preferable, since in Stage 2 we can still be able to get hit by AoE abilities which is not what we want when we use that spell. Still don't forget that those are only 5 Iframes, so our enemy can just hit us 5 times and end it far earlier than the timer expires, so don't think you can lose your head. 

Kingfist(V)

Our strongest ability. We take the Stage 2 since it has bigger range and reliable damage compared to Stage 1. Don't go for Stage 1. Just don't. Trying to hit it from behind will make everything only worse, and if you hit Stage 1 only one time it is already worse than Stage 2. Stage 3 is sometimes also a viable option because of that extra pull effect and Chill stacks.

Burning Tundra(V)

We need the freeze effect and of course the disable of defence, which allows us to hit all those BMS while they stand there and try to spam block. Whirlwind is also an option if you fight against summoner for example (go for Stage 4 then). Beware: When enemy is frozen he can still charge at you, so if you didnt disable his approach skills, try to get behind him. 

Backstep (SS)

We need this one for our air combo and being able to shift our stances faster. This one is musthave. 

That was my suggestion. If you have better ideas, tell me.

Not enough air stuff here, ur KFM stance no.3 with knockup bro, hard to pull off but it works well. 

<

So 2 (stun) 3 (air) ss + ffffffffff

Now ur thinking but its pointless cuz u got 4 for knock up.... I say NO. ur forgeting a rly important stun u have of only 6 damn seconds.

This will maximise ur air combo dmg output but ur method is also prety fun and yes ur method is cooler XD.

U can also just 2 3 then normal f to ground them, plebs usualy just f that so folow with perfect timed 4 and z+v ss 4+2 ffffffffffffffff.

There is so much shit to do with SF lol, so much easier to type in down than making it hapen lol

PS: gimme some tips on how to kill *cricket*ing FM's they proper cancer yooooo.

19 hours ago, kalthas1 said:

@QueenOfBlades, HM Counter T5F2 is probably our only answer to fms :(

I agree on that, but many SF's dont know what that HM skill does... Even im not 100% sure. it says something like "remove block aproach animation" Like wtf is that come on how aare plebs suposed to know this shit mean that the skill is no longer a dash but a proper teleport like the SIN'S decoy....

Translations are either crap or they themselves dont even know what that stuff is.

You need 1450 achievement points and 300 reclaimed secret techniques to get the pvp counter o0r buy it from the pvp vendors for pvp currency  (you get both t5 s1 and s2) I guess cheapest way is 50 black feather + 10k whirlwind valley points atm

Archived