I lost 28 and won 13 as FM :'( Need help

Miyoshi Sejuro

I just started to play this game a week now and  don't know how to play aginst any class as FM  and i always lose :'(   and i want to him more game to be better at Fm and i dont know where to start

If you got any guide about pvp as FM please give me or about things to know in arena  i'm a new player 

Ps. im lv 50 hm1 right now 

Playing FM in PvP is hard to learn, because it plays way differently than any other class in BnS. But once you get around it, it's one of the most nuking class in PvP.

But there are essential stuff you need as FM. For example Impact T5S1, and you need alot of skill points. I'm HM8 and I still get the feeling that I don't even have close to enough skill points.

Anyway, these are the builds I use (If I was Lv.50 HM1):

BM; KFM

Des; BD

Sin; WL

Sum

FM

SF

There's this one FM Champion (who sadly lost in this year's World Championship and another FM just beat him recently xDD), who has some guides on his YouTube channel.

He also streams frequently. Twitch Channel.

On 7/2/2016 at 6:48 AM, oZackisu said:

Playing FM in PvP is hard to learn, because it plays way differently than any other class in BnS. But once you get around it, it's one of the most nuking class in PvP.

But there are essential stuff you need as FM. For example Impact T5S1, and you need alot of skill points. I'm HM8 and I still get the feeling that I don't even have close to enough skill points.

Anyway, these are the builds I use (If I was Lv.50 HM1):

BM; KFM

Des; BD

Sin; WL

Sum

FM

SF

There's this one FM Champion (who sadly lost in this year's World Championship and another FM just beat him recently xDD), who has some guides on his YouTube channel.

He also streams frequently. Twitch Channel.

That is pretty straight forward in my opinion. Certain classes do need build adjusting like, BD and destro need tornado for anti-spin while BMs, KFM, WL need snowball for anti-block. The other piece of advice that hasn't been said and that is that you have to learn what other classes can and can't do. there are some classes that you can mindlessly shoot and there are some that you can't. each class will always play out differently than others, including when your vs a fm. and yes, FM PvP is a bit hard at the moment but when you know that your opponent can't react to your stun locks, it's kind of hilarious if you ask me. Be patient, try to study or learn what skills do, or be like me. Learn by doing a fudge load of matches. i don't know the name of the class skills (some) but i do know what they look like, what they do and what i can and can't do. especially if someone blows their escapes, that's your signal to zero in.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 3:19 AM, Miyoshi Sejuro said:

I just started to play this game a week now and  don't know how to play aginst any class as FM  and i always lose :'(   and i want to him more game to be better at Fm and i dont know where to start

If you got any guide about pvp as FM please give me or about things to know in arena  i'm a new player 

Ps. im lv 50 hm1 right now 

Fm is one of the hardest classes in pvp, but lot of fun imo.

On to the guides/info:

Look up Jaesung on YouTube. He is a former world champion FM (2014).

Krea gaming channel could also be useful (although the fm info is from februari. I dont think we had lvl 50 back than. Still he mentions a lot of still useful stuff).

Typing in google fm pvp guide bns or something like that will make quite some useful info pop up.

You want to roughly at least, know what other classes can do and what kind of talents you need vs the different classes.

Checking other classes their talents on bnstree dot com can help in this. Talking bit with other classes. Reading about them and such.

For example vs Warlock and BM you want your snowball ability to hit into their blockspell to lock it for 6 sec.
However against BD and DES you want to talent for Frost tornado to disable their spin (as they are immune to almost all cc while spinning and they can spin out of freezes with it).

Generally you want to have chil on your target and have frostorb on you from frostfury.
Your double air combo (if you already want to run with those points) you could practice with a low lvl weapon/hongmoon training weapon on pve mobs (so that they dont die to fast in the combo) to get a good feel for the timing

or vs someone in sparring as pve mobs behave differently from real players.

You can however also just start with a single air combo. Like only using firestorm aerial talent + aerial phantom grip 6sec defence lock.

That will still help some to lock defences (defences that would also be locked if snowball hits into a block for example) and is easier than doing the double air combo.

Hope this gets you on the way.

A smart KFM always uses Elbow against a FM. It's the most spammable attack in the game in spite of it costing 1 focus. Plus it's not as punishing if they get hit by it's counter Frost Tornado (the skill used to cancel BD and Des spin parry). 

but if they don't use it, you're in trouble, if they do, you're in trouble. That's why the first I fight against a KFM typically ends up in a loss. lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Elbow smash, one of the basic counter of KFM. Actually if any KFM spam their counter it depends on your ping, if you ping is higher you can overpower their counter, our LR hits almost at the same time and their elbow spam can only block 1 of the two. Plus if you activate divine veil lets see who's gonna win, we spamming LR or them spamming 1. XD

5 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

Elbow smash, one of the basic counter of KFM. Actually if any KFM spam their counter it depends on your ping, if you ping is higher you can overpower their counter, our LR hits almost at the same time and their elbow spam can only block 1 of the two. Plus if you activate divine veil lets see who's gonna win, we spamming LR or them spamming 1. XD

GG, nasty trick. Shame it doesn't save from Tiger pounce. If they can close gap with that, it's going to be hard to recover.

Archived