Gamepedia Wiki Editing Contest

Liinxy

• NCSOFT

For the month of July, Gamepedia will be holding an Editing Contest on the Blade & Soul Wiki. Those who submit edits to help the Wiki grow will have a chance to win the Spirit of Bamboo Costume, Spirit of Bamboo Familiar Set, and the achievement "Wiki Editing Contest Winner" on Gamepedia.  

d6BKIWS.jpg        Tx9qiKw.jpg

Head on over to read the contest page for more details: http://bladeandsoul.gamepedia.com/Editing_Contest

So Basically for winning we would get the bamboo outfit and a achievement on a site we mostly dont do anything with , no ig achievement or title. that kind of blows as winning reward u know D=? not only does the bamboo look like a inferior version of the radiant ring outfit but also it barely makes up for the time we would invest in there . Add some Ncpoints or wishing for a ig outfit or anything worth our time xD.

NCSoft is so greedy that they want to save cash and not hire people to do this.

So they ask the player base to do it for them, FREE OF CHARGE.

Really saving all the money that they can. Just, wow.

Well to be honest if u compare this with the design contest where u get ur suit , nx and ur own quote on the suit ingame which is just thinking of a style for a suit and making 2 pictures with all the classes and genders that takes up to about well some ppl finish their pictures within hours. 
But the wiki contest you have a whole month spending time uncertain of how u stand if u will be a winner so u keep doing more adding stuff working approx up to 10 times longer on this contest than u would on the drawing thing and getting a mere outfit for it. The site is from gamepedia and not ncsoft right but it is a wiki for their very game so why do they do it like this. Its basically just rude and greedy as poster before me previously stated. 

That does not show any signs of love or respect for your community but rather using cheap tactics to get stuff done. Bummer nc soft D=

It doesnt have to be Nccoins but cmon give us some real reward, 

Attack Power Gem first stage or our choice , a ingame costume of our choice, 2 working nebula stones without time limit anything.

But coolest would be a recolored version of the something like the indomitable will (example) like you did for the infinity tower.
Just exclusively for this event and permanent so u get to keep it. PPl would actually love to join if something like that was the reward. Not the bamboo....
A black version of the hongmoon duster would be cool with a silver adorment (good example)
I mean all the drawing contests are getting their exlcusive outfits too and recoloring some outfit isnt hard :C

Well these are all just opinions and in the end you guys make the judgment. But as Member of our community , i feel hurt for this kind of unrewarding contest....

Be happy they do a contest at all, though this game isn't that complex.

So the wiki isn't gonna be used alot.

I contributed alot in some other games wiki, had to translate japanese to english.

I liked to help people, is that a wrong motivation? Are rewards the only reasonable motivation one wants?

When the game switched companies a player even hosted the wiki website and copypasted everyones hardwork.

About the drawing, it would take me many days and hours designing my outfit. So regarding the rewards, I think they are balanced.

Wiki, putting information together that can be found ingame or on the web.. could potentially be done by a robot.

bro its not just translating , for example making a dungeon section , new section for the boss each sub boss daily quest , npcs all with their own sites and settings. its alot of work and the rewards balanced?  if ur drawing wins you get your outfit once its done way before everybody else along with free ncpoints and own description in the game so everybody knows its ur work .

Travelling back to every dungeon , screening every monsters name hp lvl , possible backstories making images for the wiki of each boss map , dungeon minimap etc.

PPl edited on that wiki before the contest. It is just that this kind of contest is just a setup unrewarding joke which just upsets ppl. They should have left it away or made it a more rewarding contest. This is not a contest , its a farce

They could atleast make the "Wiki Editing Contest Winner" or simply "Wiki Editor" a ingame title for all that distributed a good amount of work quality and quantity wise , not just some outfit for winners. I think that would make more ppl happy D=

And they should let us choose the outfit between the ones from the contests atleast , since i sadly missed the regium corvus which id love 1243133x more than the bamboo T__T had vacation

53 minutes ago, luzt said:

Be happy they do a contest at all, though this game isn't that complex.

So the wiki isn't gonna be used alot.

Well to veteran players of course the wiki isn't going to be used alot, but to new players, it is a very useful resource.

Wow, people.

I don't know what kind of wikis you know, but I for myself are absolutely used to wikis that are built from players and not from the company. So you can't come with " NCSoft is so greedy that they want to save cash and not hire people to do this. " Dafuq? oO

Besides that, a wiki is a way for players to help other players. If someone is interested in helping, he would do this on his own without rewards anyway.

I was surprised seeing a publisher/developer working together with a wiki, but instead of seeing it as you guys, for me it shows that they are interested in players helping other players, and for making the wiki and the work a bit more interesting, they're doing this contest.

Nobody is forced to join, nobody is forced to spend hours of work there, nobody is forced to do anything. So if you are not interested in helping others in this way that is "offered" here, just don't. But don't start flaming against those who do and those who offer a little reward for it. It's everybody's own choice, and if it's nothing for you, then just don't care about it. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Thalya said:

Wow, people.

I don't know what kind of wikis you know, but I for myself are absolutely used to wikis that are built from players and not from the company. So you can't come with " NCSoft is so greedy that they want to save cash and not hire people to do this. " Dafuq? oO

Besides that, a wiki is a way for players to help other players. If someone is interested in helping, he would do this on his own without rewards anyway.

I was surprised seeing a publisher/developer working together with a wiki, but instead of seeing it as you guys, for me it shows that they are interested in players helping other players, and for making the wiki and the work a bit more interesting, they're doing this contest.

Nobody is forced to join, nobody is forced to spend hours of work there, nobody is forced to do anything. So if you are not interested in helping others in this way that is "offered" here, just don't. But don't start flaming against those who do and those who offer a little reward for it. It's everybody's own choice, and if it's nothing for you, then just don't care about it. Thanks.

Most wiki's are written by game companies/developers themselves, not by players.

9 hours ago, Thalya said:

Wow, people.

There are numerous games where players don't write the wikis, but companies hire people to do it.

And NCsoft being a greedy company, they bribe players for rewards to write/edit few pages, seems legit man, seems legit.

Well, as I said. A wiki for me is something that is written together. Like everyone can help, if paid or not doesn't matter.

And as I said: I only know wikis done by players. Seems like there are also the ones were people get paid for it, but that doesn't mean that wikis written by players are wrong/greedy/whatever.

I just don't get why you need to flame that much here. And no, I don't want to start a discussion about this topic. So I'm just quoting what I already wrote before:

"Nobody is forced to join, nobody is forced to spend hours of work there, nobody is forced to do anything. So if you are not interested in helping others in this way that is "offered" here, just don't. But don't start flaming against those who do and those who offer a little reward for it. It's everybody's own choice, and if it's nothing for you, then just don't care about it. Thanks."

thats not the point sweety. 

if u scroll up my point is simply that a contest which takes most likely longer time of work to it should atleast have equal or better rewards than the other contests. This one here by far will take up the most time of all if u want to win . But of all contests be it drawing or anything , it is the least rewarding one. 

7 hours ago, Izayas said:

thats not the point sweety. 

if u scroll up my point is simply that a contest which takes most likely longer time of work to it should atleast have equal or better rewards than the other contests. This one here by far will take up the most time of all if u want to win . But of all contests be it drawing or anything , it is the least rewarding one. 

think of the rewards as an added benefit that goes along with the inherent joy you feel for contributing to the community. it it weren't for this contest, you wouldn't get anything at all.

4 hours ago, Ichora said:

think of the rewards as an added benefit that goes along with the inherent joy you feel for contributing to the community. it it weren't for this contest, you wouldn't get anything at all.

I rather not have anything than have a salt to the wound.

Basically if you get some cheap rewards it feels as.. "Thanks for helping, here is a super useless item for helping us improve our wiki."

IF you get NO REWARDS at least the community is willing to help without rewards and are as least admired by the community and producer himself. 

Rather have nothing than have a super useless item that you will have to put in the digital trash later.

10 hours ago, WhoAmI1 said:

I rather not have anything than have a salt to the wound.

Basically if you get some cheap rewards it feels as.. "Thanks for helping, here is a super useless item for helping us improve our wiki."

IF you get NO REWARDS at least the community is willing to help without rewards and are as least admired by the community and producer himself. 

Rather have nothing than have a super useless item that you will have to put in the digital trash later.

Well thats what i have been saying on my 3rd reply , that they should have left this reward away instead of calling this farce a contest xD

Lets face it , all ppl discussin here that you could do it for no rewards etc etc

guys dou you even know what the definition of a contest is for damn sake xD? 
in a contest the winner will be rewarded .
And usually contest which take more dedictation to them will have better rewards , not worse. 

If they asked without rewards if anybody could help out the wiki with whatever if they got little time to spare , nobody would have argued , most would have ignored , some wouldve been like "why not" and add something. 
However this is a contest or atleast supposed to be one.
So getting for example , you get first with like whole mushins tower each floor , ssp , beastbog whatever added with alot of ur time spend . 
they be like "thanks for your hard work , here a outfit only a certain group of ppl will like ". Which looks like a inferior version of the radiant ring outfit you could make for 200g -300 g which you could have easily farmed up instead in that time. Multiple times that is.

Lets just hope they add something else or change the rewards. Cus as very stated earlier on , this is unrewarding and a joke compared to the other contests and such.

On 7/6/2016 at 9:16 PM, WhoAmI1 said:

There are numerous games where players don't write the wikis, but companies hire people to do it.

And NCsoft being a greedy company, they bribe players for rewards to write/edit few pages, seems legit man, seems legit.

Aren't wikis nowadays modeled after the popular Wikipedia, where fans help contribute for free?

If you look at ALL anime wikis, I'm pretty sure the producers didn't pay a single cent to the contributors. Even wikis from popular shows like Harry Potter and Game of Thrones are written by fans.

Can you imagine Konami giving free Yugioh cards to everyone who contributed a wiki page? I think NCW is doing a great job rewarding people who want to help others.

So can you name a few of these games where companies hired people specifically to write wikis? I haven't seen any job postings for wiki writer and I'm a professional job hunter.

5 hours ago, Abysmal said:

Aren't wikis nowadays modeled after the popular Wikipedia, where fans help contribute for free?

If you look at ALL anime wikis, I'm pretty sure the producers didn't pay a single cent to the contributors. Even wikis from popular shows like Harry Potter and Game of Thrones are written by fans.

Can you imagine Konami giving free Yugioh cards to everyone who contributed a wiki page? I think NCW is doing a great job rewarding people who want to help others.

So can you name a few of these games where companies hired people specifically to write wikis? I haven't seen any job postings for wiki writer and I'm a professional job hunter.

So? Who cares if other devs didn't pay players to edit their game's wiki?

This is a CONTEST for a reason, CONTEST = good rewards, at least reasonable enough for the amount of effort that you spent for improving the BnS wiki.

And what's the reward here? An inferior costume compared to the default hongmoon costume?

Nice reward, am I right? Kappa

PS: No offense intended, but you are not too professional at job hunting if you can't find companies that hires players to edit their game's wiki. I can literally think of 5 companies that do that as I am typing this response, whether you find it or not, that's not my problem.

17 replies all way long texts , on a thread started by GM , ever since no comment or anything to say. 
Thats just how much they care folks xD better bring out more gem dropping boxes with a droprate of 0.2% or whatever instead of bothering to reply to this

19 hours ago, Izayas said:

17 replies all way long texts , on a thread started by GM , ever since no comment or anything to say. 
Thats just how much they care folks xD better bring out more gem dropping boxes with a droprate of 0.2% or whatever instead of bothering to reply to this

Exactly.

1 hour ago, WhoAmI1 said:

Exactly.

this should at least have the reward for all participant above certain amount of contributions...not fair when someone put hours of work on this and they get nothing!

My suggestion: Give the Bamboo outfit to anybody that contributed a good amount of work quality and quantity wise and the 5 top contributers you can hand the aquamarine aswell. 

Id say that way ppl would be A: More interested in participation  B: More satisfied with the rewarding

2 hours ago, Nylisa said:

this should at least have the reward for all participant above certain amount of contributions...not fair when someone put hours of work on this and they get nothing!

2 hours ago, Izayas said:

My suggestion: Give the Bamboo outfit to anybody that contributed a good amount of work quality and quantity wise and the 5 top contributers you can hand the aquamarine aswell. 

Id say that way ppl would be A: More interested in participation  B: More satisfied with the rewarding

Agree 100%

Could anyone clarify what the contest page means by "All edits must be made 'while logged in'"? Does it mean logged in Blade and Soul the game itself? Logged in the BnS forums? Logged in the BnS wiki? How exactly do they determine which wiki contributor corresponds to which ncsoft account?

I'm interested in making more edits on the wiki, but I don't want to risk my contributions being made for nothing.

well id say logged in on the form since the event is hosted by them not ncsoft , they simply tell nc who made the best edits etc and reach out to u via notification so u can tell them whats ur ign at the game. 

Archived