Forums

I just can't...

Lenigrast

If you want to solo anything, Summoner. WL is a great support class, but getting it off the ground is a pain. The HM skill cost a fortune, and PvP is very hard (and I know no other way to get HM skills). Well, that's my experience, I have an HM7 summoner and HM3 Warlock. 

17 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

fun fact that .. warlock classed as a support class just cause their " soulburn " ? or im missing something?

And because warlock's dps is quite low compared to FM and Summoner. But yeah, mainly due to soulburn.

Well, that so-called 'Soulburn' support skill from WL does give the party to use awakened skills, reset all skills cool down, and boost damage.

Anyway, I find my girlfriend's FM more fun due to its survival rate compare to WL. =))

On 2/7/2016 at 0:36 PM, Sherlock MacDumpster said:

SWarlock: no mobilty, very high damage, pet doesn't do much in pve

No mobility? I don't know what you're doing wrong, my WL is all over the place with both Helix and Dragoncall build. 

For OP: If you want a class to do all the things you stated on your first post, then summoner is your class. I don't know if you will be able to solo 4 and 6 man dungeons, especially Asura, Necro, Nexus etc I doubt there's anyone out there that can solo. Keep in mind though that in order to solo endgame dugeons you'll need some reaaally good gear. 

2 hours ago, Ethria said:

No mobility? I don't know what you're doing wrong, my WL is all over the place with both Helix and Dragoncall build.

For OP: If you want a class to do all the things you stated on your first post, then summoner is your class. I don't know if you will be able to solo 4 and 6 man dungeons, especially Asura, Necro, Nexus etc I doubt there's anyone out there that can solo. Keep in mind though that in order to solo endgame dugeons you'll need some reaaally good gear.

You probably have HM skill unlocked for Dragoncall. I play Helix without the HM (not for the lack of trying) and it is perfectly mobile. Feels like a poor man's FM, tbh.  Dragoncall was very stationary, but I swapped way back in the Cinderlands or something and never looked back.

4 hours ago, Lenigrast said:

So you guys just made me unsure again if summoner might be the best choice :(

Summoner is very good for solo, but out of the three (Sum, FM and WL) FM has the most versatility, in any area of the game. My understanding is also that Summoner will become much harder to play effectively once the Sunflower is nerfed (why we can't have two viable builds, I dunno, but whatever).

Also, with both the Lock and The Summonerm you have to be aware of two characters on the screen at the same time, as positioning and commanding both the Thrall and the cat can make the difference (and cat's AI is not perfect for every fight, so you cannot rely on it exclusively).

People will expect a lot from you if you do an FM - that was in the end why I gave up on leveling one (that, and playing a 3rd ranged class in a  row just did not appeal).

Overall, I would try each class at least a little bit to see which one makes you happy. Gearing to level 45 is trivial, and ToE/blue 45s is probably a good enough test for dungeons on your char. You can have 3 slots right now. If you want to have only one char to play, you better make 100% sure you love it to bits, and that's something only you can figure out.

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

You probably have HM skill unlocked for Dragoncall. I play Helix without the HM (not for the lack of trying) and it is perfectly mobile. Feels like a poor man's FM, tbh.  Dragoncall was very stationary, but I swapped way back in the Cinderlands or something and never looked back.

True that, lack of HM Dragoncall makes us turret WL's.. In this case its better to play with Helix build, mobility is way higher but the damage is not even close to Dragoncall. 

9 minutes ago, Ethria said:

True that, lack of HM Dragoncall makes us turret WL's.. In this case its better to play with Helix build, mobility is way higher but the damage is not even close to Dragoncall.

It's good enough. I don't think I will go to Dragoncall even after I get the book, as I am used to Helix and animations are not as intrusive. IIRC the changes to the class will buff Helix up a bit, so should be Okay.

23 minutes ago, Lenigrast said:

Summoner so far feels really powerful, but some kind of ... meeh. Is it getting better than playing with those 3-4 Keys or am i better off with the FM?

As a Summoner you will have less keys to press than other classes, yes. Your challenges will be in watching your cat and teammates in need of help, dividing your focus between the defense and offence, and building up to the overload (which is a focus management issue as well).

Play FM to the same level as a Summoner, then you can see which one you like better.

On 7/3/2016 at 11:13 AM, Lenigrast said:

I wonder where those healing abilities shall come from at the force master? Got both at lvl 20 and the self-healing of WL seems vastly superior at this point.

FM main here. One thing they failed to mention is that FM need a lot of Skill points to make a decent build. Your main sources of healing is F ice stance and Veil "c" + tab combo in ice stance. That combo can fully heal you in seconds as long as enemies keep attacking you.  The way it works is that veil will heal you when resist and tab will make you invulnerable to attacks = resist all incoming damage = more heal.  Plus you can also spec your tab skill to heal 30% of your hp however i do not recommend doing that for the high cooldown of 3 mins.

One thing to note is that FM need to you iframe everything. so Q and E are you best friend. Plus you have your ss and "v" skill to resist attacks.

40 minutes ago, DannyMayCry said:

If your ping is low, try Blademaster.

BMs are very broken once you get HM lighting draw, HM block and HM pierce. Also, consider your ping 20-50 ms so you can deal more DPS due to animation cancel.

I was told that melees in general are in a big disadvantage in this game, altough i enjoy melee more than ranged. But i dont want to cripple myself in that way

4 minutes ago, Lenigrast said:

I was told that melees in general are in a big disadvantage in this game, altough i enjoy melee more than ranged. But i dont want to cripple myself in that way

maybe Soul Fighter is for you then. SF is a bit of a FM attached to a melee base.

Try the classes, really, that's the only way. All I can tell you is that if you want the most pluses, it's FM. If you want the easiest time solo, it's Summoner. If you want the prettiest animations, it's WL.  If you really enjoy your character zipping around fast and pulling off crazy stuff, it's a Sin.  If you want a classic tanky melee by looks and feel, it's a Destroyer. I have no feel for KFM, BM or LBD, as melee is not my thing.

3 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

maybe Soul Fighter is for you then. SF is a bit of a FM attached to a melee base.

Try the classes, really, that's the only way. All I can tell you is that if you want the most pluses, it's FM. If you want the easiest time solo, it's Summoner. If you want the prettiest animations, it's WL.  If you really enjoy your character zipping around fast and pulling off crazy stuff, it's a Sin.  If you want a classic tanky melee by looks and feel, it's a Destroyer. I have no feel for KFM, BM or LBD, as melee is not my thing.

As far as i know the ranged mode of SF is far from viable. The thing is, i tried the classes. Almost everyone but Destroyer reached level 30 or further. I couldve been already max level if i'd just find the suiting class finally.

2 minutes ago, Lenigrast said:

As far as i know the ranged mode of SF is far from viable. The thing is, i tried the classes. Almost everyone but Destroyer reached level 30 or further. I couldve been already max level if i'd just find the suiting class finally.

If it's all the same for you, go FM. You will get all the pluses, no drawbacks. Ultimate range class, top DPS, good defenses, the only problem is a lot of responsibilities.

Archived