Forums

I just can't...

Lenigrast

...decide between Summoner and Warlock. I recently started playing but the choice between those two classes really tears me up. "Play both" is no option for me, i want to concentrate on one character. I am actually just playing PvE and prefer to be kind of the special snowflake, so i don't enjoy running dungeons with 3 ppl of my class. Further i like to be able to solo the content that isn't intended to be played with 4 or 6 mans, e.g. some of the dungeons you need to clear for the weapon upgrades.

I'd really appreciate any hints on this.

itis kinda sad that ppl nowdays can't even make their own decision... Everyone can suggest you the class just from their personal point of view, which is different for 10 out of 10 players.

Will it help you if i tell you that i prefer WL over Summ coz Wl seems more enjoyable to me?

6 minutes ago, Lenigrast said:

I read on this forum, that summoner is really dull and boring at high level. Is that true?

I don't know how true it is but according to my clanmates, you're just about spamming that few buttons and I think the only unique aspect is to control your cat.

And from my PoV, Summoners have it easy in many content aspect.

WL on the other hand, need more effort.

My main is a lock, ap 621, I love it as its not a totally common class and people like you in dungeons for your soulburn.

sometimes you end up with multi of your class but its ok, if 2 locks u can rotate soulburn, if 3 just run time lapse

Specificities: 

Fm: 2 stances, very high mobilty, very high damage, usefull defensive party buffs

SUmmoner: no moblity, high damage, cat can tanks 3 world bosses alone

Warlock: no mobilty, very high damage, pet doesn't do much in pve

All 3 ranged class are broken and *cricket* easy to play in PVE. Summoner and Fm can solo almost ANY high level content (seriously) while Warlock can't but provides an omega buff of doom for your whole party every 3 minutes.

They are not broken wtf?

Range classes are easy to play cause they can just stay at distance while others tank, however, as a warlock I've got a lot of aggro on myself even with kfm or destroyers in my party so the range thing doesnt work everytime.

Summoner is a tricky class.  Summoner is a really easy class to play BUT not such an easy character to master.  To say Summoners spam just a few buttons is probably true for the majority of Summoners.  However the Master Summoners stand out from the crowd. 

39 minutes ago, Sherlock MacDumpster said:

Specificities: 

Fm: 2 stances, very high mobilty, very high damage, usefull defensive party buffs

SUmmoner: no moblity, high damage, cat can tanks 3 world bosses alone

Warlock: no mobilty, very high damage, pet doesn't do much in pve

All 3 ranged class are broken and *cricket* easy to play in PVE. Summoner and Fm can solo almost ANY high level content (seriously) while Warlock can't but provides an omega buff of doom for your whole party every 3 minutes.

I agree with Sherlock. But know that Summoner and Warlock are both popular classes. You won't be a special snowflake with neither one. Same with FM. FM and Summoner are both excellent soloing classes. WL is not. WL is good for providing party buffs and dishing out decent DPS.

For me...Warlock, but more because i love their skills than because they're "better" (idk which one is better, and i'm planning to play both xD). 
I would choose based on that tbh, check their skills and play the one that fits your playstyle more.
I recently started playing too (Lvl 47), and for now i haven't had any problem in any dungeon even though i mostly play alone, you can block most of the attacks. If i can't do the dungeon alone there's always the cross-server dungeons, which is kinda like play alone because you don't know those people, they just spam attacks until the boss.
Idk if this post is helpful for you, because i'm just a newbie, but oh well xD

2 hours ago, Lenigrast said:

Can someone explain me please what exactly makes Force Master good for solo PvE?

im only just starting out on a FM so someone who mains it can probably explain better but

it can freeze target and get behind, so the target can't do anything an you can just unload on it freely
one of if not highest dps in the game, can kite, has range block, can stand outside of AoE and not get hit

Wl shadow build doesnt hav excessive cooldowns. Its much faster and easier to manage cooldowns (assuming you use shadow for ur 4, v, and rb). 

As for soloing, I dunno about soloing same level content...but I solo brightstone to collect those stupid tears T_T. With high crit rate ur wingstorm is an effective self heal. I forget to use block cus I can self heal fast enough. 

Altho a summoner is definitely easiest to solo (altho im not sure about same level content 50lvl/50 purple dungeons) 

But wl is neither slow nor weak enough to only be reliant on groups. 

13 hours ago, Sherlock MacDumpster said:

Insane dps with one of the biggest hp regen in the game combined with a high number of iframes to dodge bosses' attacks. Simple as that. 

What did u mean by biggest hp regen? Is it the heal on Ice F? (I forget if that is crit based). I felt like wingstorm (constant crit ) heals really well too. Anywho, fm is pwn. For sure.

I facetank sometimes cus I'm lazy and choose to abuse the critheal

1 hour ago, Lenigrast said:

So i reached level 26 , dealing quite much damage but i dont seem to get any healing from the abilities when i look for the skillpoints

Frost Fury Stage 3 Tier 2 and 3. Frost Armor Stage 1 and 3 T2. Not sure if there's more. 

On 7/2/2016 at 9:30 AM, Sherlock MacDumpster said:

Insane dps with one of the biggest hp regen in the game combined with a high number of iframes to dodge bosses' attacks. Simple as that. 

Someone as a Lock said this to me too that their skill was the best healing in the game. Lock has very good healing as well. Same with a SIN, if their poison breath hits lots of enemies they can go from 1% HP to 100% HP with a press of a button. 

42 minutes ago, devildawg said:

Someone as a Lock said this to me too that their skill was the best healing in the game. Lock has very good healing as well. Same with a SIN, if their poison breath hits lots of enemies they can go from 1% HP to 100% HP with a press of a button. 

I was told, that WL healing got nerfed so much that its far from viable compared to their squishyness

52 minutes ago, Lenigrast said:

I was told, that WL healing got nerfed so much that its far from viable compared to their squishyness

It did. It got changed from heal from skill dmg to heal only on crit skill dmg. 

With high enough crit your healing plenty well. Cus ur heal is 10% of the critical dmg. 

Archived