Implement a player recommendation system for Blade & Soul

Erza Scarlet

It is meant for people doing cross server dungeons (only random solo que lfp). It's a system I did like in Final fantasy 14. Basically you solo que and run a party with a group of random people and after the run you can give them a player recommendation. If a player has like 500 player recommendations, they get a nice reward. At a 1000 you get another great reward etc. In ffxiv it's a golden mount but in terms of bns maybe something nice. This would only mean for players that do random search in cross server party. I believe this will also make the chat more friendly during cross server dungeon runs. What does the community think?

I'm already imagining recruit in chat like "600+ raccomandation" :D

Anyway it would be nice some kind of feedback of players that rewards nice and fair ones. But I don't know if it could be available only for LFP as sometimes, after a premade party, you are forced to random when inside the dungeon, because of disconnections or rage quit. Or some premade party could decide to look for last member thru LFP to activate feedback. With this community I always think the worst behaviour.

But I don't see the point to limit this only to LFP. A feedback system would be useful in each case.

@Majka
@Dlacik

What I believe @Erza Scarlet meant by this is you must use the LFP button as this will ensure fairness across the board. Premade groups should be excluded as friends would just recommend each other and/or other high AP people. It wouldn't be used to help the community if left as an open system. If you want recommendations then go join a PUG instead of trying to abuse a system like this if it ends up implemented. 

The whole reason it was mentioned is to get people into using the LFP feature button rather than staying in static groups all the time. Therefore, It would be more of an incentive and perk for those who consider using it. However, No one is forcing anyone to use it. If someone doesn't want to run an instance using LFP then they are free to remain in a static group but there would be a trade off. Either 100% success on completion or a chance of failure but extra bonus perk if you complete the instance and get a recommendation for it.

30 minutes ago, Atheyana said:

@Majka
@Dlacik

What I believe @Erza Scarlet meant by this is you must use the LFP button as this will ensure fairness across the board. Premade groups should be excluded as friends would just recommend each other and/or other high AP people. It wouldn't be used to help the community if left as an open system. If you want recommendations then go join a PUG instead of trying to abuse a system like this if it ends up implemented. 

I understood what she meant, just I was pointing out possibile technical problems to implement such limitation, because a party can start as premade and become random if you are forced to recruit once you are inside. And in some way also recruiting by chat is random; the only difference is that it's easier to kick people. But if it'll be possibile to limit it to lfp it'll be ok for me.

@Atheyana That might prevent getting recommendations from friends or forming groups to get recommendations, but it still wouldn`t prevent trading recommendations after the LFP group is created. The possible trading is why i think it`s bad idea to reward players based on decision of other players in group. If there should be a reward the mechanism should be somewhat automatic. For example if you complete the run with group where four ppl have significantly lesser AP then you, you will get a point -> you will be rewarded once you reach certain amount of points.

I'm not against the possibility of feedback from others player but i think it should be without any reward to prevent misuse.

Also I believe the clan gameplay should be promoted, not the LFP.

21 minutes ago, Majka said:

I understood what she meant, just I was pointing out possibile technical problems to implement such limitation, because a party can start as premade and become random if you are forced to recruit once you are inside. And in some way also recruiting by chat is random; the only difference is that it's easier to kick people. But if it'll be possibile to limit it to lfp it'll be ok for me.

The flag would just need to be set to trigger when instance is created for LFP group rather than the middle of said instance. It can be done from a technical standpoint but all depends on whether they will implement this or not. Maybe instead of the 500 recommendation thing the LFP group gets a random chest which contains bonus upgrade materials in it so people are more likely to use it. Basically stacks of 1 and 10 per chest with a moderate RNG rate.

15 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

@Atheyana That might prevent getting recommendations from friends or forming groups to get recommendations, but it still wouldn`t prevent trading recommendations after the LFP group is created. The possible trading is why i think it`s bad idea to reward players based on decision of other players in group. If there should be a reward the mechanism should be somewhat automatic. For example if you complete the run with group where four ppl have significantly lesser AP then you, you will get a point -> you will be rewarded once you reach certain amount of points.

I'm not against the possibility of feedback from others player but i think it should be without any reward to prevent misuse.

Also I believe the clan gameplay should be promoted, not the LFP.

Actually both clan and lfp need to be promoted and it doesn't have to be a recommendation system. Could be an RNG box like in my response right above me quoting you. No one said to make it a major reward like the top tier gems or anything of that nature.

Now for clan promotion they should have a PvE and PvP tournament and each clan that earns the highest rank (Top 10 or so for each side) should gain a reward chest of moderate value. Should be similar to Arena PvP and Tower of Infinity system but for clan score. The only thing on this part is that each player of said clan that wins would need something mailed to them and it would take a bit of work to setup.

40 minutes ago, KzE said:

Make a reward for using the LFG button. Like 1 event pouch or something / run.

Wow does this as part of a daily, they would reward you with a mystery box for queing for dungeons and raids

2 hours ago, Atheyana said:

Actually both clan and lfp need to be promoted and it doesn't have to be a recommendation system. Could be an RNG box like in my response right above me quoting you. No one said to make it a major reward like the top tier gems or anything of that nature.

Now for clan promotion they should have a PvE and PvP tournament and each clan that earns the highest rank (Top 10 or so for each side) should gain a reward chest of moderate value. Should be similar to Arena PvP and Tower of Infinity system but for clan score. The only thing on this part is that each player of said clan that wins would need something mailed to them and it would take a bit of work to setup.

PvE or PvP tournament for clans would only reward hc players. I meant something that would motivate casual players to actualy join active clans and run dungeons with clanmates instead of staying in clan where are 2 online and runs everything with LFG only. It would also help with AP reuqirement problem because for active clans it would be easy (and meaningful) to carry their new players through lvl 50 dungeons.

I don`t think LFP needs to be promoted. LFP should be a last resort if you can`t run the dungeons with clanmates/friends not a primary way to run dungeons. LFP supports solo play style. Many ppl just hit the LFP, run the dungeon without saying anything (even "hi" seems to be too much for some), then leave and goes on... is that what MMORPG should be about?

51 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

PvE or PvP tournament for clans would only reward hc players. I meant something that would motivate casual players to actualy join active clans and run dungeons with clanmates instead of staying in clan where are 2 online and runs everything with LFG only. It would also help with AP reuqirement problem because for active clans it would be easy (and meaningful) to carry their new players through lvl 50 dungeons.

I don`t think LFP needs to be promoted. LFP should be a last resort if you can`t run the dungeons with clanmates/friends not a primary way to run dungeons. LFP supports solo play style. Many ppl just hit the LFP, run the dungeon without saying anything (even "hi" seems to be too much for some), then leave and goes on... is that what MMORPG should be about?

Blade & Soul can be solo'd all the way up to level 45 if the player is skilled enough. All multiplayer based games including MMOs should have a proper balance between solo play and group play. If either is dominant then players who don't have time to run in groups will leave due to time constraints. However, People who have time will get bored of solo play. The issue is that there isn't a one size fits all solution so you need to have multiple options to reach endgame. All these options need to be promoted equally instead of saying "You need to be in a clan that farms hardcore and/or have friends that will hopefully make you a static addition to a group". Only group that will benefit from your method are players who have time to devote to an optimal static group but if they already have this then they wouldn't need the extra reward as they can breeze through the instances.

People join and leave the dungeon lobbies that are spammed on the F8 dungeon finder (top left corner) without making a connection. This is just as bad if not worse than the LFP button option you are suggesting promotes solo play.

The reason I agree that a bonus upgrade reward chest/pouch be added to finishing an LFP group run (from the start to finish) is that these people are the ones that are in need of said items the most. LFP players are the ones that need Frozen Stingers, Moonstones, Soulstones, Naryu Tablets, and Silverfrost Transformation Stones (normal not the premium version) at the most.

Are you telling these players who struggle to either quit or suffer as they haven't found a group that fits their ideals or play style yet?

I love how inconsiderate and condescending the community in the west is compared to other regions. It is like everyone wants others to suffer in agony while they reap all the rewards for themselves.

----------------------------

The only other option I would consider for clans is giving a minor EXP, Gold, and drop increase for the more people you have from clan and/or friend list (optional on this part) based on how many are in party.

• +2% for 3
  • +3% for 4
  • +4% for 5
  • +5% for 6

-----------------------------

Give LFP the reward chest/pouch but a small increase on EXP, Gold, and drops to players in clan only and on friend list (optional with this part). If you are a premade with players not on either list then it shouldn't count. This would help to promote connections and the LFP system.

36 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

The are 2 reasons why I use LFP:

- the dungeon is really easy and I can solo it without problems, but thru cross server I can help some low level to run it smoothly;

- the dungeon is easy but not soloable or soloable in long time. So I look for some support and at same time helping lower level if there are.

So I wouldn't mind something that rewards me or whoever else for this time spent. Because it's sure that, for example, a run in Bloodshade Harbor with 45-47 levels is longer than a run with all 50 HM infinite. Of course reward must be valuable but not extremely valuable; upgrade items like stingers or moonstones would be perfect.

One of the limit of BnS in my opinion is the lack of reward for party activities. It would be nice if in ssp or in general 24 men dungeons the minimal damage requirement was calculate on average damage of the party instead of the single char. Actually, except for trash mob quests, you haven't any advantage to be in party, instead, if you have damage boost buffs it's better you stay alone instead to be in a party. And this a total nonsense. 

@Atheyana I`ve never said that they should reward more hc clans or that everyone needs to be in hc clans.
I was talking about active clans. "Active" doesn`t mean to have static groups running dungeons. I meant clans where are enough ppl online that when you come online you can find ppl to run dungeons with. In clan like that it doesn`t rly matter how much time you have to play. You are talking like hc clans are the only option. It`s not like that. There are clans for casual players too.

I understand that some ppl rather play solo than being in clan. I`m not saying that LFP needs to be removed or that using it should be somehow limited. But if you promote LFP by rewarding upgrade materials for using it and only rewarding few % of exps/gold for clan runs you will ruin these clans for casual players. Players from these clans would rather run dungeons by hitting LFP button instead of waiting for clanmates to run with them because they will get much more from LFP run.

I don`t agree that ppl who runs with LFP needs more upgrade materials. It`s casual players who needs more material it doesn`t matter if they run with LFP or with their clans.

@Majka You are mixing two different concepts.

1: Rewarding for running through LFP.

2: Rewarding for helping players with lower lvl/gear.
I agree with the second concept but i don`t agree with the first concept.

20 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

@Atheyana I`ve never said that they should reward more hc clans or that everyone needs to be in hc clans.
I was talking about active clans. "Active" doesn`t mean to have static groups running dungeons. I meant clans where are enough ppl online that when you come online you can find ppl to run dungeons with. In clan like that it doesn`t rly matter how much time you have to play. You are talking like hc clans are the only options. It`s not like that. Yhere are clans for casual players too.

I understand that some ppl rather play solo than being in clan. I`m not saying that LFP needs to be removed or that using it should be somehow limited. But if you promote LFP by rewarding upgrade materials for using it and only rewarding few % of exps/gold for clan runs you will ruin these clans for casual players. Players from these clans would rather run dungeons by hitting LFP button instead of waiting for clanmates to run with them because they will get much more from LFP run.

I don`t agree that ppl who runs with LFP needs more upgrade materials. It`s casual players who needs more material it doesn`t matter if they run with LFP or with their clans.

When higher end players go to help lower end players they typically hit the 'LFP' button instead of shouting all the time as it would result in spamming. The LFP is how people do their dailies since premade groups demand insanely stupid AP requirements for instances. For example before the reset I did most if not all of my daily challenge quests via LFP as I knew people would be discriminated against due to their AP. My AP is just shy of 600 AP and I already see groups posting "600+ AP" for instances.

It isn't always about wanting to play solo but if you are new to an MMO and you are still working to make friends on here then you will struggle. Hence where the LFP comes in handy. Putting a reward chest to get materials on LFP runs would help said players get to the over-obsessed AP value people are demanding. The sad reality is that our community is weak compared to the other regions as they can clear everything just as fast as us if not faster having less AP than what is demanded. Until the community wakes up and realizes the dungeon requirements are hurting the game's player retention this version will remain a joke compared to the others.

I will concede to an extent and say 5 chests/pouches for LFP. Clan/Friend list runs get 2 chests/pouches per run and the bonuses listed below.

As for my previous clan specific one you missed an important part:

1 hour ago, Atheyana said:

The only other option I would consider for clans is giving a minor EXP, Gold, and drop increase for the more people you have from clan and/or friend list (optional on this part) based on how many are in party.

• +2% for 3
  • +3% for 4
  • +4% for 5
  • +5% for 6

As you can see it shows a drop increase and the values can be tweaked but make it moderate to balance out. Essentually the aim is to balance the rewards from LFP and clan runs but the LFP would be a bit more random rather than a fixed value.

After looking at this might be better to change things a bit number wise.

Starting at 3 members

+3% EXP (scales by 2% per additional member)

+6% Gold (scales by 3% per additional member)

+10% Drop increase (5% per additional member)

Bascailly if all 6 from guild and/or friend list you'd have 9% EXP boost, 15% Gold boost, and 25% drop increase. If 20 stingers were to drop normally you'd get 5 extra stingers.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the positive reactions! I feel like players with good attitude will get rewarded. @Atheyana Your idea is really good but its on short terms and too rewarding. I am more thinking of a long term reputation system where players that solo qued build up a reputation which can be exchanged with a token to buy pouches or get a nice reward. (players who group together cannot give player recommendation to eachother as that will abuse the system, only to the new ones once Qued). 

why must rewarded ? hm.. good community never come from reward system.. when the reward outdated there no more helper.. its 90% our problem.. 10% ncsoft fault like make it bid system.. this system sometime make ppl lazy bring other.. lets say A player wanna farm moon tear.. B player outside need weapon.. in the end cause system bid, B bid moontear and make wat should A get free become not.. ofc A can get in again.. but after 10 or so run repetition, build up stress (boring, wanna get it over, targeted 30 got 28 only need 1 more run and boom).. like when u already in bad mood then u got someone make it hard..

also for me, this game not 100% ap.. need block, iframe, resist, mechanic, timing.. some that need time to learn.. so please be patient with us noob player.. i cant learn if no1 ever bring me to dg.. even friend/clan bring me, i still need time to get used which so many dgs + bosses to remember.. plus this game make it easier to lvling to the max lvl.. the result there are lot nuub like me... ofc 550+ ap mostly get experience.. coz for player build up till 550+ mostly get clan/friends carrying him/her get daily n get used to the mechanic so they can get the reward and build the character... for 450 to 550 either u spend cash, u need to do alot of daily... wat i can sugestion to minimize alot nub in same squad is.. for 6squad make it 1 or 2 spot free for low ap.. so we can learn it... give us chance.. :D 

and cause of those ap req u guys sets.. make ppl think those dg rilly need to be done with that requirements.. wich make result alot 450 ap affraid/lazy making/joining some 400+ squad... PPLs are affraid of failed... how can we learn if we affraid of fail.. we got nothing to loose to try... to learn... waste time ? nope.. its worth.. there never waste time if we learn the timing, the mechanic.. even if in the end we failed to clear the dg.. but at least we get used to the mechanics.. seriously, wat u get at failed party make you remember more than wat u get with super fast squad.. coz fast squad sometime skipp somethings that should we do at low ap.. and please comunicate in the party.. like wat should we do.. your opinion.. your idea.. your experience.. we need alot of comunication at started.. even with bad english like me.. :D 

sorry for my bad english...

On 7/1/2016 at 7:32 AM, Dlacik said:

Given that half the players on the NA servers dont even speak english, yeah, thats whats its become. 

Were it not for Blackram Narrows, Daggerbeak Rookery, Tomb of Exiles, and every Blue/Purple dungeon passed Brightstone I probably would never use the cross server option. 

Too bad then that those dungeons are required, well except Daggerbeak.

On 7/1/2016 at 7:49 AM, Atheyana said:

Blade & Soul can be solo'd all the way up to level 45 if the player is a skilled assassin or just a regular summoner.

Fixed that for you.

Anyways have yet to find a player that could solo Blackram Narrows and Tomb of Exiles at level. So many have no choice but to use cross server LFP.

Archived