FM vs KFM

Yashuoa

Hi,

can someone provide some tips vs KFM or maybe someone has a good vid that I can watch to get better vs KFM.

I try to do the following:

1-Trying to find windows where they cant break freeze, so that I can freeze them and get behind them for impact stun.

2-Snowball 4 points talented to hit into counter (trying to follow that up with aerial bolt bash or from a different window).

3-Avoiding proccing max agil stacks.

4-Trying to keep chill debuff on them.

5-Trying to save tab/ss for their long stompstun.

Its hard to get uptime on them. Even when I snowball their counter their are still a lot of things they can do (like stunning for example).

I find their charges to be roughly teleport speed (and therefore hard to counter) and their iframes last relatively long if talented.

I am unsure when it would be best to use my iframes, iceflower, frostsheath and ss vs them.

What I know is that when they ss out of freeze they often charge back to you so it would be good to iframe this,

but this seems to me some psychic iframe useage, as the charge is so fast that you cant seem to iframe anymore once he activates the charge.

So I have to predict it and hope that he uses it right away. Looks bit like a gamble.

Anyway, any tips would be appreciated.

I dont have any HM techniques, so I have to do without those for now (HM impact and HM phantom grip for example could help, but I dont have those yet).

Yeh... It's kinda hard against them.

Anyway, they're still beatable as FM.

First of all, you'll have to switch between Snowball and Frost Tornado. If they use Elbow Counter, use Frost Tornado. If they use the normal one, use Snowball.

And! Try to never waste your SS. When they use Avalanche (Their [V] or Stompskill) you can either [Tab] or wait 'till you find an opening, or if worst comes to worst, do waste your SS.

So, this is where it's Important: Once they used their Tab escape (after you stun them with [3] for example), and they already used their Frost Guard (that skill that freezes them if you hit them), and they coincidentally also SS to rush you, turn immediately around and once they hit you, press SS.

They'll be frozen there for 9 sec once they get their SS back and you can just combo them there until they die or escape for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 9:59 PM, oZackisu said:

Yeh... It's kinda hard against them.

Anyway, they're still beatable as FM.

First of all, you'll have to switch between Snowball and Frost Tornado. If they use Elbow Counter, use Frost Tornado. If they use the normal one, use Snowball.

And! Try to never waste your SS. When they use Avalanche (Their [V] or Stompskill) you can either [Tab] or wait 'till you find an opening, or if worst comes to worst, do waste your SS.

So, this is where it's Important: Once they used their Tab escape (after you stun them with [3] for example), and they already used their Frost Guard (that skill that freezes them if you hit them), and they coincidentally also SS to rush you, turn immediately around and once they hit you, press SS.

They'll be frozen there for 9 sec once they get their SS back and you can just combo them there until they die or escape for some reason.

Thanks.

I didnt know they had a different version of counter that was affected by frosttornado.

When i select my talents before the match starts I cant know which counter version they use right?

Most seem to use the counter that is lockable by snowball though.

I cant have both snowball and frosttornado sadly enough.

Would that be to good if they would add the middle talent tier of snowball to the right talent tier (frosttornado) and come up

for something different in the middle or no middle tier?

• 2 weeks later...

I find it more effect to just simply kite them and keep chill on them by slipping right past them with Frost and Flame step (Q and E). Every time I do that they have to turn around in order to counter my attacks, and given that I basically use the worst attack possible for them in that situation, it's often to late for them and I end up burning away a lot of their health. 

I sorta treat them like mobs, only I have to keep chill on them otherwise they can easily close gap and end the fight in a flash. I always use SS or Tab depending on which is available when they use Tremor or Rising Dragon. The issue is that Tremor has a 45 second CD, so it's not perfectly in sync with the stun escape cycle. The bright side is that they have to wait longer to use it than I have to in order to use any of my escapes.

Archived