Forums

Sf Pvp...

i have leveled and geared this class to be almost godly... and i regret having spent sooo much money into the class it is impossible for you to fight almost any class in arena.... you will get shitted on by everyone.... does anyone know how to fight  a summoner,bm,bd or kfm as a soul fighter? if so then please do enlighten me because i feel i suck at this class... i can own everyone with all my other classes but as it stands right now..... i am beyond livid..... this si ridiculous how needsly stupid the class is you have iframes out your ass but that is about it... Pve wise ur a god PvP you are trash.... -_- this class is extremely half baked and sadlly not good in pvp from what i can tell so far... unless your fighting people who dont know how to play the game... your basically *cricket*ed.

i understand how you feel, I also created this toon since it looked really cool, then stopped upgrading the gear when I observed that my destro's dps is higher than my SF, even though they have the same AP and SS. I went to arena and still won against SF's with my destro, it looks cool at first but sooenr or later people will realize the downside of this toon.

I'm not that good at PVP but my experience with SF in arena isn't too bad. The only classes that I get completely destroyed against is usually SMN and FM.

The class seems to have a pretty balanced kit to deal with most of the classes. I just think it will take some time to figure out proper builds to deal with certain classes.

I have never read so much crap in 1 thread, lol.

SF underpowered in pvp and godlike in PVE? LOL i got news for you SF is toptier in pvp and actually garbage tier in PVE

SF will continue to be underpowered in next patches and get nerfed? LOL they actually got a really nice buff in the latest kr patch.

Pls if you dont know what you are talking about, dont post random stuff.

for the topic starter, just learn the class im actually doing really well in pvp with SF, only hard match ups for me imo are KFM And FM

17 minutes ago, Ambition said:

I have never read so much crap in 1 thread, lol.

SF underpowered in pvp and godlike in PVE? LOL i got news for you SF is toptier in pvp and actually garbage tier in PVE

SF will continue to be underpowered in next patches and get nerfed? LOL they actually got a really nice buff in the latest kr patch.

Pls if you dont know what you are talking about, dont post random stuff.

for the topic starter, just learn the class im actually doing really well in pvp with SF, only hard match ups for me imo are KFM And FM

um doy ou have any legitimate sources and proof of what you say? cuz your coming off awfully hostile when it was never that serious lmfao. sooo please by all means elaborate?? im trying to get better with the class from my current experience its not that good.. doesnt mean you gotta be a dick about it soo please do explain your *cricket*ery. 

5 minutes ago, KemekoSama said:

um doy ou have any legitimate sources and proof of what you say? cuz your coming off awfully hostile when it was never that serious lmfao. sooo please by all means elaborate?? im trying to get better with the class from my current experience its not that good.. doesnt mean you gotta be a dick about it soo please do explain your *cricket*ery. 

[KR] June 22 class balance changes

Soul Fighter

• Added new 'Restraint' skill 'Force Beam'
    • Earth damage when Cobalt Punch is learned
    • Ice damage when Right Punch is learned
  • 'Kingfist'. 'Frost Storm' - New on hit effect, Gold Dragon
    • ※'Additional effects when 'Focus Chi', 'Chi Burst' is used at 3 stacks of Gold Dragon
  • 'Frost Storm' T5F3 - Fixed issue where the additional damage does not match the tooltip
  • 'Chi Burst' T3F1, T5F1 - New effect, Inspire
  • 'Chi Burst' T3F1 - Removed 'Heals party members apart from the user an additional 20% of their Health'
  • 'Chi Burst' T3F1 - Added 'Heals party members apart from the user an additional 40% of their Health over 20 sec'
  • 'Chi Burst' T5F1 - Added 'Heals party members an additional 40% of their health at 3 stacks of Gold Dragon'
  • 'Chi Burst' T5F2 - Added 'Heals party members an additional 20% of their health at 3 stacks of Gold Dragon'
  • 'Chi Burst' all - Added 'Increased movement speedy by 60% for 5 sec'
  • 'Focus Chi' T4F1 - Added 'Increases Critical Hit Damage by an additional 30% for 10 sec at 3 stacks of Gold Dragon'
  • 'Lightning Fist' F2 - Cannot be used as joint attack
  • 'Elbow Smash' T2F3 - Cooldown changed to 6 sec
  • 'Elbow Smash' T2F3 - Added 'Increases critical hit damage by 20% for 3 sec on hit with Flaming Twin Cobra'
  • 'Elbow Smash' T2F3 - Added 'Heals the user 10% of the damage dealt'
  • 'Elbow Smash' T5F3 - Changed 'User is resistant to damage, status effects for 1 sec on Counter' to 'User is resistant to damage, status effects for 1.5 sec on Counter'
  • 'Howling Blast' T3F1 - Added 'Heals the user 50% of the damage dealt'
  • 'Howling Blast' T3F1 - Damage increased
  • 'Breaking Claw' T4F1 - Added 'Increases critical hit chance by 1% for 3 sec up to 3 stacks
  • 'Breaking Claw' T4F1 - Damage increased
  • 'Cobalt Punch' T5F1 - Damage increased
  • 'Right Punch' T5F3 - Damage increased
  • 'Shadow Dance', 'Footwork' - Cooldown increased to 12 sec from 9 sec
  • 'Second Wind' T3F1 - Added 'Escape from Frost Prison'

proof enough for ya? and im not being a dick, im just saying people in this topic are giving false information, nothing worse than people who give you wrong information.

1 hour ago, Ambition said:
40 minutes ago, Ambition said:

[KR] June 22 class balance changes

Soul Fighter

• Added new 'Restraint' skill 'Force Beam'
    • Earth damage when Cobalt Punch is learned
    • Ice damage when Right Punch is learned
  • 'Kingfist'. 'Frost Storm' - New on hit effect, Gold Dragon
    • ※'Additional effects when 'Focus Chi', 'Chi Burst' is used at 3 stacks of Gold Dragon
  • 'Frost Storm' T5F3 - Fixed issue where the additional damage does not match the tooltip
  • 'Chi Burst' T3F1, T5F1 - New effect, Inspire
  • 'Chi Burst' T3F1 - Removed 'Heals party members apart from the user an additional 20% of their Health'
  • 'Chi Burst' T3F1 - Added 'Heals party members apart from the user an additional 40% of their Health over 20 sec'
  • 'Chi Burst' T5F1 - Added 'Heals party members an additional 40% of their health at 3 stacks of Gold Dragon'
  • 'Chi Burst' T5F2 - Added 'Heals party members an additional 20% of their health at 3 stacks of Gold Dragon'
  • 'Chi Burst' all - Added 'Increased movement speedy by 60% for 5 sec'
  • 'Focus Chi' T4F1 - Added 'Increases Critical Hit Damage by an additional 30% for 10 sec at 3 stacks of Gold Dragon'
  • 'Lightning Fist' F2 - Cannot be used as joint attack
  • 'Elbow Smash' T2F3 - Cooldown changed to 6 sec
  • 'Elbow Smash' T2F3 - Added 'Increases critical hit damage by 20% for 3 sec on hit with Flaming Twin Cobra'
  • 'Elbow Smash' T2F3 - Added 'Heals the user 10% of the damage dealt'
  • 'Elbow Smash' T5F3 - Changed 'User is resistant to damage, status effects for 1 sec on Counter' to 'User is resistant to damage, status effects for 1.5 sec on Counter'
  • 'Howling Blast' T3F1 - Added 'Heals the user 50% of the damage dealt'
  • 'Howling Blast' T3F1 - Damage increased
  • 'Breaking Claw' T4F1 - Added 'Increases critical hit chance by 1% for 3 sec up to 3 stacks
  • 'Breaking Claw' T4F1 - Damage increased
  • 'Cobalt Punch' T5F1 - Damage increased
  • 'Right Punch' T5F3 - Damage increased
  • 'Shadow Dance', 'Footwork' - Cooldown increased to 12 sec from 9 sec
  • 'Second Wind' T3F1 - Added 'Escape from Frost Prison'

proof enough for ya? and im not being a dick, im just saying people in this topic are giving false information, nothing worse than people who give you wrong information.

umm okay well then do explain to me what im probably doing wrong i cant seem to fight other classes with the class at all ._.

Yeah just keep looking for tips as there are some pretty good SFs in arena now. I almost lost to a gold level 39 on my hm 8 destroyer. He was gold when I was a low silver(1455) so I know he has beat a few people.

I was just determined to not lose to a lvl 39

LMFAO what the fck did I read in this topic! SF is a MUST HAVE in 3v3 matches in Korea for many many reasons (a lot of iframes, a lot of crowd control, decent burst and a very good instant aoe heal just to name a few) and can defend itself in 1v1 against any class (granted harder against Summ and Fm from what I've experienced so far). 

The only reason you think it's underpowered is because it's the hardest class to play to date in my opinion, right behind BM (I have a BM, a Warlock, a KFM and a SF now). It actually requires you to know wtf you are doing (no good blocking/deflect mechanics but only a 3 sec cooldown counter, two stances with different cds to keep in mind all the time and the mix melle/ranged which is quite weird to manage well).

I don't know what you main but obviously if it's something like Sum, Warlock, dest or BD, you gotta pratice waaaaaaaaay harder if you want to achieve the same resultes with SF.

EDIT: regarding pve, as I don't care at all about it, I don't really know but it sure seems to do decent damage.

I honestly dont think sf is that hard. You just need to land a cc and then you spam f. Either after kingfist with the chi level 5 + crit/damage buff or after a knockup. Other than that you rb+lb ppl i guess, but thats more in case you cant spam f. And you have plenty of dodges + a resist + a heal to survive. Oh and block i guess although i didnt really see it as a block when i first looked at it. 3 sek cd + freeze or 6 sek cd and stun. More of an offensive skill that just happens to require you to block something. The 6 sek one you could also see as a reverse tripple kick. Instead of hitting into blocks you block something for your stun. Well its harder to use than tripple kick.

You can also glyph the other path of the resist to make it be 5 seconds non targetable AND also give you 60% movement. Its probably better against summoner for instance, because 5 resists are just gone too fast and non targetable still blocks most of their skills. They can like lacer you 3 times then they are out of chi and cant get any back as those skills do need a target. Against sin it might also be better as it pretty much disables almost all of our skills and you get the speed bonus as well. Or against kfm to make them unable to q/e.

12 hours ago, KemekoSama said:

umm okay well then do explain to me what im probably doing wrong i cant seem to fight other classes with the class at all ._.

Well it's currently your fault not the classes fault. You suck at it. First mestake was making this thread, and not trying to get gud ...

We don't know how you pvp or what's ure build. We dont know how you are in pvp, by this most most people think that u are really bad.

This class is top tier in PVP, if you don't believe us check out the SF streams and check out the last weekend stream of B&S. Even they said that SF is doing good in 1 vs 1 and 3 vs 3..

So GET GUD and stop crying ...

17 hours ago, N3ro said:

I honestly dont think sf is that hard. You just need to land a cc and then you spam f. Either after kingfist with the chi level 5 + crit/damage buff or after a knockup. Other than that you rb+lb ppl i guess, but thats more in case you cant spam f. And you have plenty of dodges + a resist + a heal to survive. Oh and block i guess although i didnt really see it as a block when i first looked at it. 3 sek cd + freeze or 6 sek cd and stun. More of an offensive skill that just happens to require you to block something. The 6 sek one you could also see as a reverse tripple kick. Instead of hitting into blocks you block something for your stun. Well its harder to use than tripple kick.

You can also glyph the other path of the resist to make it be 5 seconds non targetable AND also give you 60% movement. Its probably better against summoner for instance, because 5 resists are just gone too fast and non targetable still blocks most of their skills. They can like lacer you 3 times then they are out of chi and cant get any back as those skills do need a target. Against sin it might also be better as it pretty much disables almost all of our skills and you get the speed bonus as well. Or against kfm to make them unable to q/e.

Realise that the counter is absolutely worthless most of the time because there are SOOOO many charge disable skills in this game (I don't have the hongmoon yet).

Good point about the other path of the resist though, hadn't think about that!

lol I don't know why everyone is saying this class is underpowered in pvp. from what I've seen their pretty good against the other classes the only reason they mite seem underpowered is when their up against an FM and that's pretty much cause FM basically counters them. their heal they can use can make quite a difference for them and their teammates.

Archived