Merchant spawning rates. Is something the matter?

xVenny

I don't know whether my personal luck has gone to heck or what but ever since the previous maint I've been unable to get a merchant to spawn in either Heaven's Mandate or Nexus. I know I'm not alone in this and given the fact that we were told the chances were slightly increased, if anything, makes me wonder about how much of that is true and want to bring this to the attention of the BnS team. Have any of you guys been experiencing the same issue? For one week I have gotten a total of two merchants, both in Cold Storage only. That is a drastic decrease since the week where the rates were supposed to be lower than now.

bad luck happens, sometimes you see it in almost every dungeon you do it, other times its nowhere to be found.

for me personally heaven is most frequent spawn of merchant, have yet to come accross one in necro, tho i admit, if i do the dungeon its once a day at most.

I've been the exact opposite where he has spawned almost all of the times I've done CS/Necro/Mandate which makes me worried if I'm sucking up my RNG luck from somewhere else in turn then... byebye moonstones and SSP Keys. D:

Anyways, it's just a bad RNG and nothing more really, some week he spawns most of the time and some week he doesn't. Right now it's just your unlucky week when it comes to him spawning up. :/

Spawn rate reduced for like a week. And he brings silverfrost mountain dew, moonwater tear or some scraps that make you want to pull a party charm and slap him in the face.

I actually thought about buying a batch of resets well... i think i shouldnt buy it as the rate to be this bad and items that look like insult.

NCsoft told us in the stream that they had NOT altered the loot table.  They omitted to say that they had instead reduced the number of times that the Merchant would spawn.  I have run 6 maps a day where the Merchant should spawn and in the last 4 days we have not seen one Merchant.  I also use resets and this doesn't encourage the elusive Merchant to show his face either.

The loot table of the Merchant of Wonders has not been changed since the beginning of the event and will not be changed through the end.

The spawn chance of the Merchant of Wonders had two changes to it on 6/22, both of which were included in the patch notes:

1) Slightly increased the spawn chance in Sundered Nexus

2) Added the chance to spawn in Sogun's Lament.

No further changes will be made to the spawn chance through the end of the event.

4 hours ago, Babbletr0n said:

The loot table of the Merchant of Wonders has not been changed since the beginning of the event and will not be changed through the end.

The spawn chance of the Merchant of Wonders had two changes to it on 6/22, both of which were included in the patch notes:

1) Slightly increased the spawn chance in Sundered Nexus

2) Added the chance to spawn in Sogun's Lament.

No further changes will be made to the spawn chance through the end of the event.

i wouldnt complain if the gem you got from the merchant was account bound. a little  disappointed that gems that share the same name are account bound or not. even if there was a an item to make it so it can be mailed among your characters i would pay for it post haste.

18 hours ago, MonkeyDRuffy said:

Today i also have not seen him (in heaven, necro and storage). But it can be just RNG :)

yes, after the last update i have not seen him in 8 dungeons, then three in a row.

it is still about 1 in 3 he spawns.

I haven't seen the merchant since 5 days ago.Wondering if the ''event'' is still live .Wondering how this event can actually help us with the demand of moonstones ,while i barely seen any in there and the merchant sells random things that i don't rly need.Maybe I am misunderstanding the scope of the event .

Also from the daily challenge ''reward'' i'm getting most of craps.Probably i'm just unlucky.

Agreed, I personally have seen the merchant less this week/end.

7 runs, 2 merchants; one was trash (wm tear) and one had the gem (same gem from the ticket event) and ten packs! 

Also noticed in my DC the moonstones are not in any of my chests...the first  week I had one in every chest. 

Sad times for my 4th of July vacation.... when the rgn hates me

Archived