The Game is friendly, the Community is not!

KittyCat188

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree and disagree. I'm first time player too, and I pretty much soloed everything except for lfp x-server dungeons. I see where you're coming from, but getting gold isn't that hard. If you figure out what's worth it to farm, you can make bank easily. I have several hundred g just from farming certain mats this past week... and by farm I mean run around for 10-15 min once in a while. I see now why low lvl is so empty. However, I will say that the game is pretty bad in terms of the ppl. Ppl in factions and in general are often elitists/douche. They rage for no reason sometimes. You just gotta ignore them and do the best you can...

The community is never good in any game and even in real life, so I don't really see the point of this thread. The ONLY good people are the people you meet and stick with like joining their clan and actually communicating and doing activities, which I found and done and always tried to avoid F8. 

48 minutes ago, GreatestEver said:

I have several hundred g just from farming certain mats this past week... and by farm I mean run around for 10-15 min once in a while.

You found the mythical Moonstone Mountain overlooking the River of Moontears flowing between the banks lined with the Soulstones and Stingers?

I think this topic is of particular interest to me because I too share similar feelings when I first played Blade & Soul.  I didn't understand that level 45 used to be the level cap and that during that time you needed to invest time in running certain dungeons over and over again.  This is necessary to be competitive before you even start Silverfrost dungeons.

But I don't think people aren't helpful.  I've met a lot of helpful people.

3 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

You found the mythical Moonstone Mountain overlooking the River of Moontears flowing between the banks lined with the Soulstones and Stingers?

Yes, but don't tell anyone or they'll all want in!

On a more related note, unfortunately it's usually like this on most new games. The rush to get to end game and bis equipment usually tends to make a good portion of the games community anti-social. It's particularly bad here at bns due to the pace at which content has been released and with it new bis gear to aim for. But there is still hope. Most games I've played the community tends to mellow and become a bit more sociable as the game matures and releases are more evenly spread out. Until then, stay strong!

9 hours ago, KittyCat188 said:

So after all, is it because of the general mechanics of the game or the unconcerned community?

It is the mechanics because EVERYTHING is a competition unless you can solo something, and by the time you can solo an area, you don't need anything from it. Loot Auction, FCFS loot, etc. The "community" is mostly random players trying to play together with LFG not the lucky few that is part of the BIG draconically ran guilds/clans with raid times, etc.

the mechanics used in LFG that a new player would be subjected to are the ones that define the game.

People are always on here crying about the unfriendly people in the game.  I play this game around 14 hours every day and I rarely ever meet any of these unfriendly people so where are they all hiding.  Very rarely I will run a pug and get some nasty character who thinks they can abuse other players but it is a rarity not the norm.

Every day I log in and look forward to a day of activity with my clan mates.  We run all dungeons and rarely when we don't have enough on we will pug a spot or two.  If you are finding the game unfriendly then I suggest you find a good and helpful clan.  Not all clans fit this criteria but keep looking till you find one that suits your playstyle.

I am a member of the Old Timers Guild and all I can say is all we old timers have a blast every day playing this fun game.

4 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Shhhhh. 2nd rule of Rich club: never talk about the riches the rich club farms.

11 hours ago, Grimoir said:

it isnt pay to win tho. Pay to win would be like the CN version where legendary weapons are in the hongmoon store, thats pay 2 win. Legendary weapon here means nearly nothing since you can easlity do all the runs with just true pirate even. Since all weapons have the same stats there is no extra edge, just a time saving which actually isnt that much because i managed to get 2 accessories upgraded per week with just grinding my materials.

This is a MMO RPG, these games are MADE to be grindy, they are supposed to be a time sink, take time to complete and not an instant max gear within a few minutes.

If you cant handle the grind why are you playing? I wont even mention that there are like 3 options now to get a jackpot at a 100 bundle of the upgrade mats....

Like I said your definition of pay to win is far too narrow. You may not want to admit it but paying to reduce the grind is still paying to win. The extra edge is getting to that power threshold much faster which does have snowball effects beyond not having to spend as much time grinding and lets you start making even more gold faster than the regular players. Most notably in areas like ssp where ultra geared players can cause other players not to get credit for participating. Not to mention how this applies to the gear gap ap whoring our version is infamous for. I obviously can handle the grind as I still play regularly, because the gameplay is nice even if the upgrading part of it is garbage. My gear is also decent. Nearing 530ish on my blade master, over 500 on my summoner, over 450 on assassin and my over 400 blade dancer is basically existing just to slap bulmu once a day and craft.

I don't get where people like you think complaining about the amount of grinding in a game equates to us wanting everything instantly for no work. I'm aware that grinding can get quite bad in chinese/korean mmos. But this level of grinding is well above and beyond what you typically see in other parts of the world. As for the jackpot stuff. Yay lets pray to rngesus on some things that if you pay real money you can trigger much faster. Like the dungeon resets for heaven's mandate/cold storage. Since those two dungeons take no time to finish compared to the other dungeons that take quite some time comapratively.

To the people replied or think that I shouldn't have posted this thread, because:

- It is what it is, then same with real life. There are good and bad people everywhere, so what's the point?!

- People like me are always complaining for things we didn't even try. Lazy people.

- Etc.

I posted this thread not to complain, or blame anyone. But I posted it as a comment/review from a regular player. If you take this positively, you will go out there and start helping newbies like me. Don't just sit there and say "it is what it is" and do nothing. Because the point of an online game is to interact with other people, not to prove that you're better than others in how much time you spend to grind to get better gears. Cause if you think so, get a job and try to be a millionaire! That solves. 

Cause it's a game, it's supposed to be fun, not to work your ass out or race/compete with others like what you always do everyday at the office. 

@KittyCat188

I'm really sorry to hear from you such bad experiences and I can feel your pain. Usually I let low level chars to join my party; I'm a bit strict only for Sogun's Lament and Sunderer Nexus, Yesterday I run Avalanche Den together with a really low AP chars (we had 2 newbies inparty) but everything was fine. Two days ago I was in Cold Storage and for the first time since this dungeon was released we got wiped :D So I asked my party more cooperation in particular to block his aoe with cc and after this we killed him and did also second boss :) I don't mind to help newbies in some dungeons, in some way it makes them more challenging :D

I have chars (same name, same appearance...I really love my Yun *.* ) on both servers (NA and EU) but on EU she is much better so feel free to ask me for friendship and I'll be glad to help you with dungeons and dailies and also to farm some gold. :)  No need to be both on line to be added as friend as I get a notification the first time I'll login after your request. Of course if you are in EU it'll be be better but on both server I have good and helpful friends so don't give up and keep fighting :)

Check my signature for char name and I'm looking forward to meet you soon :)

18 hours ago, KittyCat188 said:

At level 20ish, I saw tons of bots in Blackram Narrows, and it seems to me that GMs didn't, don't, and won't do anything about it. I saw the world chat channel turned into gold-sellers channel. Spamming all day, all night, and no GMs care about it also.

I think there's no "ingame GM" here, and customer support don't have interface for chat(they don't even have way to teleport player that glitched). You just have to report spammers, and hope that someone will ban them in their american office hours.

At level 30ish, I saw myself struggling with some Green/Blue dungeons. I tried to ask people around me to party up, but sometimes, they just ignored me. (or may be they don't speak English?) Most of the time, I had to solo everything, and just followed the quests without being able to communicate with anyone. People didn't seem to be interested in chatting.

Some time ago those dungs were available in CrossServer, but it seems they've removed them after last patch :/

At level 40ish, I found that this game finally revealed its own way to get real money from players (free-to-play, but pay-to-win). Impossible to upgrade your weapons and accessories without putting in some NCoins to buy gold, or buying gold directly from those sellers. And those who pay more would go to the next map first, leaving you behind. 

Huh? Never bought gold/ncoins and never needed it much before lvl 50 ( just use Silverfrost key from poll for Profane Jiangshi weapon ).

At level 45-50, I received tons of daily quests that again, I couldn't solo by myself. Some, I didn't even know how to do it, no further instructions in the quest info. A friend told me to join her clan, "they're really helpful" she said. But no, after a week, I still couldn't do those dailies anyhow, since they only party up like a team, no outsiders. So all I did was to do some cross-server dungeons, tried to keep up with 50s in Blackram Supply Chain & Bloodshade Harbour to get better soul shield sets. There, it would be a surprise if any of them waited for you or tried to protect you. And at the end of each turn, if they ever talk to each other, it would be arguing/swearing when bidding. 

Which daily quests? In 50lvl content most of quests from non-dungs are easly soloable ( apart from field bosses, like in Beastbog, Zaiwei Ruins, Frostscale, Plog Sanctum or that event in village in front of Zaiwei ).

At level 50+, you wanna join them? AP 500+ first. It's posted everywhere, even in the clans' recruitments. Oops, my AP is not even 400 yet! Lol... How? No further instruction. More money or leave. 

Here on Spirit's Rest there are some casuals clans that don't even look at AP, and people say our server is "low populated". If that's the case, maybe try creating your own clan for "casual"/"social" people? It's fun to be master of own clan ( but quite demanding ).

I get that the community can be bad sometimes, but there's no way you will face that everyday. On top of that is, be it real life or not, community here or there, aren't that much of a difference, especially on internet, you'll have to adapt to it. And to say that this game is P2W, obviously never even play P2W game before, or P2W version of this game in other server. Grass is always greener on the other side, feel free to come and go.

1 hour ago, KittyCat188 said:

To the people replied or think that I shouldn't have posted this thread, because:

- It is what it is, then same with real life. There are good and bad people everywhere, so what's the point?!

- People like me are always complaining for things we didn't even try. Lazy people.

- Etc.

I posted this thread not to complain, or blame anyone. But I posted it as a comment/review from a regular player. If you take this positively, you will go out there and start helping newbies like me. Don't just sit there and say "it is what it is" and do nothing. Because the point of an online game is to interact with other people, not to prove that you're better than others in how much time you spend to grind to get better gears. Cause if you think so, get a job and try to be a millionaire! That solves. 

Cause it's a game, it's supposed to be fun, not to work your ass out or race/compete with others like what you always do everyday at the office. 

It's really a shame that you are having some difficulties enjoying B&S. One of the reasons i left B&S NA (in B&S JP now btw) was because i felt and undergone some of the same experience as you. If only we were playing in the same server it'd be great if we could play together :> since i'm always playing alone in the JP servers. 

1 minute ago, Zuf said:

The grind would be immensely reduced if the game wasn't designed to make people want to pay real money to skip the insane grind, and if they weren't making so much money by (effectively) selling gold.

Well, the goal of games is to give money to their creators/maintainers. They give people way to have joy and people give them money for food/joy.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

That is a very good answer. Care to elaborate and provide examples to back your statement up ?

I've explained this time and again.
Here we go again:
Wallet warrios have a huge advantage over free players (or even premiums and people that refuse to buy gold), who are stuck in a heavy, insanely boring and punishing grind cycle.
The grind would be immensely reduced if the game wasn't designed to make people want to pay real money to skip the insane grind, and if they weren't making so much money by (effectively) selling gold. And PVE is part of the game as much as PVP. Even more, actually. The goal of PVE is character advancement. So yes, they're effectively "winning" against other players.
This, and let's not even mention the 6V6 battleground.

6 minutes ago, Marqin said:

Well, the goal of games is to give money to their creators/maintainers. They give people way to have joy and people give them money for food/joy.

Of course, but they have to find a balance.

I honestly fail to see any legitimate reason to blame the game for the community's faults, unless its "bad design flaw" which every game suffers from.

This community is, indeed, by far the worst I've seen in any MMO. I've pretty much had to play Kirito the entire time I've been playing Blade and Soul, because people just outright refuse to help me and throw out insults, including any clan I've been in. In pugs, people just love deflecting blame left and right and just refuse to do boss mechanics. I've never seen any other MMO have these kinds of issues with the community.

19 hours ago, KittyCat188 said:

At level 40ish, I found that this game finally revealed its own way to get real money from players (free-to-play, but pay-to-win). Impossible to upgrade your weapons and accessories without putting in some NCoins to buy gold, or buying gold directly from those sellers. And those who pay more would go to the next map first, leaving you behind. 

At level 50+, you wanna join them? AP 500+ first. It's posted everywhere, even in the clans' recruitments. Oops, my AP is not even 400 yet! Lol... How? No further instruction. More money or leave.

I reached True Pirate weapon, True Siren Accessories, Pirate Bracelet, and Awakened Siren Belt a week before Silverfrost Patch. I'm now at True Scorpio. I've never put a single dime in the game, so I fail to see how this game is "pay2win".

Not only do clans have a ridiculous AP requirement, they simply don't give a damn about you unless you're in their inner circle. In addition to just being rude and condescending in general, they don't ever allow you to confide in them, and they'll happily compensate any assistance by treating you as an expendable and kick you out of the clan, throw a celebration, and then defame you across faction chat, and this happened thrice in a row for the three Yehara Crimson clans I've been in.

17 hours ago, Ethria said:

I will agree that the upgrade system is the worst I've even met in any MMO.

So you'd rather have an upgrading system that DOWNGRADES or even KILLS your weapon? This game literally does not punish you in any way for evolving your gear, while everywhere else either doesn't move an inch, moves backward, resets to zero, or destroys your weapon and forces you to invest more mats and time to reclaim it.

Well.. another real world concept called empathy is unfortunately forgotten somewhat.  That's what i see so far.

It's just unfortunate that i'm not able to be at multiple place at the same time.

what you need now is friends and i will be one for you or you can try find more . Problem is that i'm in master Hong server. But still you can find me easily if you're in NA server. We can arrange something together :3

The silence is real. even in high lvl dg i often party with ppl in radio silence mode on. 

Oh and BTW i like running low lv dg too for friends and to see things.

16 hours ago, kpetros said:

Have your even considered the fact that the people who are getting helped , dont apreciate it ? 

I have played many many manyyyyyy online games and my way of viewing things is that every1 is bad person 

I can ONLY almost  trust the teamates that i cooperate 

If you help someone.. don't expect anything. Just help.  let them free and let the karma do the good favor for you.

If you expect appreciation etc.. which yes tempting. then it would only stress you out.

7 minutes ago, Zuf said:

I've explained this time and again.
Here we go again:
Wallet warrios have a huge advantage over free players (or even premiums and people that refuse to buy gold), who are stuck in a heavy, insanely boring and punishing grind cycle.
The grind would be immensely reduced if the game wasn't designed to make people want to pay real money to skip the insane grind, and if they weren't making so much money by (effectively) selling gold. And PVE is part of the game as much as PVP. Even more, actually. The goal of PVE is character advancement. So yes, they're effectively "winning" against other players.
This, and let's not even mention the 6V6 battleground.

I would see this as valid if there was an actual advantage but there isnt. Skipping the grind isnt an advantage as a person with true breeze can do the same dungeons as a person with a legendary weapon.  Shortening the grind doesnt give you an edge in anything, it just saves time,

It would be pay2win if money would get you items a normal player has no possibility of getting thats pay 2 win.

Right now its not pay 2 win its more like pay 2 skip

Archived