Player’s Choice Costume Sale

Kx7

Let's just get straight to the point.

What the actual f*ck is it with those costume choices ? I respect the fact that you want to bring back some of those outfits, even so some of them disappeared not that long ago.

But WHY are  L/D Specter, Black Padded Coat, Spring Breeze and Best Friend in the f*cking choices ?! There were obtainable in events where som ppl put more that what the costume is going to be sold in the CS. I know it's one choice to spend 70euro like I did to get a costume like Spring Breeze, but heck it was the objective of the event wasn't it ? When you were one wearing it, or you were really lucky or you spent lots of money on it. Same thing for the 3 others I talked about.

Some of you reading this will want to answer me in probably one of those 3 ways.

You might agree with me because you're in the same psition than me. Then speak up I want to know you opinion about that.

You might also disagree because you couldn't get one of those costumes because you didn't wanna spend as much money as someone like me did just to get one costume, but that's the damn objective of the event ! 

And finally you might tell me the usual answer "What did you expect from NCSoft ?" Well I don't know, maybe a little bit of respect for once. I don't mind spending dozens of euros trying to get a random costume in a random event, I don't mind if they did the same event another time with the same chances to get that one costume. But now, just selling it for probably 15euros or so is just dirty sh*t.

Please NCSoft, if you do events where items/costumes are obtainables, don't put them in the CS one or two month later. You'ld be better off doing another event with the item being dropable in the same fashion than the previous one. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe they're gonna get much more money selling the outfit as a standalone, with no RNG in the story.

I don't have Black Specter, I don't have best Friend, nor do I have Black Padded Coat. But even so I spent money each of those events (not for Best friend actually, wasn't aware of the event to get it at the time, so even if I've included it I'm not sure if it was a CS event, correct me if it was not) I won't be voting for those because I know there are other ppl out there that are in the same position that I'm in.

Thank you for your attention, and even so this post is probably going to end up in the darkness of this forum, whitout any admin answer, I needed to know if I was only one greedy *cricket* or if I was just human.

By foolish rank 9 premium, that's probably going to be rank 10 anyway cause he'll fall for it again,

Kx7

As someone who spent extra money to get the Spring Breeze outfit (I don't recall how much) and only got one and on a character I didn't plan to use it on (still waiting to mail it) I'm okay with making it available on the market.

When you see the RNG boxes, there's nothing there to say the items can't show up individually later, but I will agree, I think it's the worst way for them to give us an outfit.

Well at least I've learned my lesson. When this kind of event'll come up, I'll simply ask around to know if it's popular to evaluate if ppl are going to vote for it at the next poll like the one currenctly going on, and I'll or will not depending on tha popularity spend money on the event, since NCSoft is going to do the same thing again, that we can be sure of.

I don't think there's a problem with it.

I wouldn't say spending thousands of dollars to get a costume is the objective of a RNG box event. It is what the company is aiming for, but not necessarily what all players aim for.
Sure they sell RNG boxes because people do spend a lot of money on it, but you really don't have to. You can buy just a stack and perhaps get lucky, or not buy at all. 

If you choose to spend all this money on RNG, it's your choice. There's always a chance the outfit will come out in the store later. 

Black Padded Coat is my favourite outfit in the game. I saw it come out in the RNG boxes but I didn't buy a single box. I've been waiting patiently for it to come out in the store or some other way. I will not spend money on RNG boxes!!!

If not a single person bought RNG boxes, they probably would not sell them anymore and just put all the costumes in the store and from other places in game. 

17 minutes ago, Daktaro said:

I wouldn't say spending thousands of dollars to get a costume is the objective of a RNG box event. It is what the company is aiming for, but not necessarily what all players aim for.

I do agree with that, what I said is from my perspective because most of my friends are like me and spent money to get the outfits.

If you choose to spend all this money on RNG, it's your choice. There's always a chance the outfit will come out in the store later. 

I was fully aware that CS outfits would eventually come back but tbh I was not expecting the event costumes to come back as standalones. That's why I'm upset right now.

If not a single person bought RNG boxes, they probably would not sell them anymore and just put all the costumes in the store and from other places in game.

Some ppl wanted to boycot the game because of bots, lags, bugs and such. But it never happened. Why ? Because we were overwhelmed with new content all the time. Even if lots of us would agree about boycotting those events, many are still going to buy them because of stingers, moonstones and such, and the outfit if there is one. 

Nowhere was it stated that those are exclusive to those RNG boxes, anyone with common sense could tell that those would be avaiable later through other means. If you spend lots of money on rng boxes believing those would be exclusive it's your own fault.

@Cor Why would common sense tell me that it wouldn't be exclusive to RNG boxes ? They all came up as RNG CS items, it's like saying that PvP costume Risktaker may make it to a PvE shop because it's written nowhere that it's only for PvP. Don't come and tell me "Well it's SOLD in a PvP shop and you need a PvP rank to get it". Because the costumes we're talking about are "SOLD in a CS and you need luck to get it."

I get your point here and I said that now I know but it's no common sense. Everyone around me thaught the same way I did.

I am also disgusted. I'd honestly rather them say that they'd come back when these events happen. (Like they did with Best Friends) but they never did this with the Black Padded Coat (and this is the only one I'm missing from all of the ones available.

Either:
A) Bring out recolours (Black Padded Coat could be switched with the one with the blue sweater, etc)
B) Give the people who spent a bloody load on things a chance to chargeback due to the false advertisement.
C) Bring them back in the same form. So all of the ones that were in an RNG box come back on the store in RNG boxes. 

Out of these options I'd prefer C. That way I can buy some boxes specifically for black padded coat. Or specifically for L/D Specter (even though I have these, just making an example)

18 minutes ago, Cor said:

Nowhere was it stated that those are exclusive to those RNG boxes, anyone with common sense could tell that those would be avaiable later through other means. If you spend lots of money on rng boxes believing those would be exclusive it's your own fault.

This is incorrect. They stated that the L/D Specter would come back in a similar event if I remember correctly. On Best Friends it was stated it'd be available in the store later but for Spring Breeze and Black Padded Coat it wasn't mentioned at all.

They made the items seem exclusive. They had a duty to tell their consumers that they'll be available later on. Those of the people who spent £100 + on Black Padded Coat to then see it appear in the store for £10 have been completely ripped off. It is disgusting. They won't be seeing anymore of my money, and I may even issue charge-backs and leave. I'm not at all pleased with this movement.

@Babbletr0n @Rukkirii got anything to say on this topic? Because I'm sure I'm not the only person thinking of charging back and leaving. 

@Daktaro It's like selling people lottery tickets giving them a chance to win a jack pot then selling some other people a few months later access to win the same prize but a guaranteed chance to win. It isn't fair. It's unjust. 

As we say, "If it's free, you're the product". We're no real costumers tbh. That why I'm not telling that much about how annoyed I am, because I have no obligation to spend this money. I know it sounds wrong for so many ppl, but we have to face it. Even if you spent money for a costume, you're not paying to play. The system behind there is quite hard to understand and "attack" if I might say when you feel like they disrespect you as a costumer. The contract behind it is probably quite clear and they have no obligation to show a respectful behavior towards us.

And @Babbletr0n and @Rukkirii probably won't tell you anything about it. They are here to talk about the updates and to moderate the forums, they do not handle all the cash system of NCsoft. (at least I don't think so) But well...

12 minutes ago, Kitah said:

@Daktaro It's like selling people lottery tickets giving them a chance to win a jack pot then selling some other people a few months later access to win the same prize but a guaranteed chance to win. It isn't fair. It's unjust. 

Yeah but it actually happens because there are no specifications. They don't tell you anything so they can do it, it's disgusting yes, but it's perfectly legal, maybe not fully but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. NCSoft is experienced on the market, I'm sure they know what they're doing with their CS.

10 minutes ago, Kx7 said:

As we say, "If it's free, you're the product". We're no real costumers tbh. That why I'm not telling that much about how annoyed I am, because I have no obligation to spend this money. I know it sounds wrong for so many ppl, but we have to face it. Even if you spent money for a costume, you're not paying to play. The system behind there is quite hard to understand and "attack" if I might say when you feel like they disrespect you as a costumer. The contract behind it is probably quite clear and they have no obligation to show a respectful behavior towards us.

And @Babbletr0n and @Rukkirii probably won't tell you anything about it. They are here to talk about the updates and to moderate the forums, they do not handle all the cash system of NCsoft. (at least I don't think so) But well...

I spent money on what I was informed to be "Limited time only", what I get now is something that has come back only a few months later. I have no issue with it coming back in an RNG box in the same form. I am happy for best friends to be sold on the shop as it was stated when buying the rng boxes that it would return in this way or in some form later on. NONE OF THE OTHER COSTUMES SOLD IN RNG BOXES WERE MENTIONED TO BE LIKE THIS!

Paying to play has nothing to do with this. I bought boxes for costumes, that was my sole reason for buying the rng boxes. For others it was different, I am aware. However, I feel it is utterly disgusting that they can not inform customers that what they are purchasing won't come back.

I pay for premium, so I'm not actually playing a "free game", I am getting my perks and enjoying the game. I am a rank 10 premium user and have enjoyed the money I have spent and am getting what I paid out of it... until I read this.

Also, they may respond. I tagged them for that very reason. Rukkirii is community manager so she should discuss these movements with the community if problems like this arise.

Believe it or not they stated some of the items were limited time availability. Being transparent about things and not informing your customers is illegal at least here in the UK. On some they didn't mention anything at all. It is lying to their customers, and they won't be getting any more money from me until this is discussed with us. 

@Kitah Ehhh yeah I get where you're coming from. But nobody forced anybody's hand into buying these lottery tickets. It was their own choice :\

It's a gamble to buy RNG boxes but it's also a gamble to not buy them and wait for it to be released someplace else, and risk never being able to get it by other means. But you gotta make a choice one way or the other and stick to it. 

Way back when it released in the box, Babbletr0n mentioned on twitter that Black Padded Coat would be back outside of the boxes, but there was no clarification on HOW it would be back. Whether in store or in an event of some sort or drops in game.

9fb133b2fa.png

It would be nice if they could announce at the time in an easy to find place, whether items will be available at later date or just exclusive yeah P:

If you can push this foreward know that I'm right behind you, but heck I seriously don't see this anyhing happening anytime soon.

@Daktaro Well I don't think they'll ever make a real public update, just saying "maybe" is going to discourage lots of ppl to buy those RNG boxes to get the outfits. But maybe they're not totally corrupted by money and they'll end up doing it.

10 minutes ago, Daktaro said:

@Kitah Ehhh yeah I get where you're coming from. But nobody forced anybody's hand into buying these lottery tickets. It was their own choice :\

It's a gamble to buy RNG boxes but it's also a gamble to not buy them and wait for it to be released someplace else, and risk never being able to get it by other means. But you gotta make a choice one way or the other and stick to it. 

Way back when it released in the box, Babbletr0n mentioned on twitter that Black Padded Coat would be back outside of the boxes, but there was no clarification on HOW it would be back. Whether in store or in an event of some sort or drops in game.

9fb133b2fa.png

It would be nice if they could announce at the time in an easy to find place, whether items will be available at later date or just exclusive yeah P:

The problem is that information wasn't on the actual product itself. Which is false advertising. Stating nothing is one thing, but if you tell players it is for a limited time then turn around and change your mind isn't good advertising at all. It's false, and it's disgusting. 

If they really wanted to release it again, they should've waited until a year had passed at the least. They have plenty of other outfits, as for the Black Padded Coat there are many different colour variations so they could've just released one of them.

I honestly wouldn't be that bothered, it's lost the "rarity" factor on people having these items and then releasing them just a few months later again in a different fashion and making it more easily accessible to get. ~

Heck, just making the title on the items (such as the black padded coat) blue on the new version as opposed to the current one which is purple and making the old version shine a bit is enough for me to not be this enraged. Just having a slight change like that would be good, but going further and just putting them in RNG boxes again or releasing them in variant colours would be much better.

As Someone who played at headstart (founder) and then shortly left before headstart was over; I bought the two christmas costumes (PS they are rare imo because they look awesome where many store costumes are hell ugly and I'm yet to see any better looking store costumes than those that look as nice on all races ) and I don't mind if they become available again on store or whatever. You might have paid 'extra' for event costumes but you've already had the luxury of wearing them all this time. /thread

57 minutes ago, Kx7 said:

@Cor Why would common sense tell me that it wouldn't be exclusive to RNG boxes ? They all came up as RNG CS items, it's like saying that PvP costume Risktaker may make it to a PvE shop because it's written nowhere that it's only for PvP. Don't come and tell me "Well it's SOLD in a PvP shop and you need a PvP rank to get it". Because the costumes we're talking about are "SOLD in a CS and you need luck to get it."

I get your point here and I said that now I know but it's no common sense. Everyone around me thaught the same way I did.

You are comparing apples and tomatoes, cs shop outfits are sales items to make money ingame outfits are not and with the current event making various outfits avaiable through the merchant of wonders and thus not exclusive to their original drop location anymore an invalid argument anyway.

Expecting something that has not been advertised as being exclusive to be exclusive is exactly that - NOT having common sense. The only outfits that have been advertised as being exclusive are the master pack ones for those it's to be expected to never be avaiable through other means but expecting it for any other outfits that have not been advertised as such is just nonsense and lack of common sense. Seriously you people can only blame yourself for persuading yourself that those would be exclusive.

53 minutes ago, Kitah said:

They made the items seem exclusive. They had a duty to tell their consumers that they'll be available later on. Those of the people who spent £100 + on Black Padded Coat to then see it appear in the store for £10 have been completely ripped off. It is disgusting. They won't be seeing anymore of my money, and I may even issue charge-backs and leave. I'm not at all pleased with this movement.

Just like i said above you are only persuading yourself that they are exclusive, nc never stated that they are exclusive to rng boxes. It's your own fault to believe something that wasn't claimed anywhere.

36 minutes ago, Kitah said:

The problem is that information wasn't on the actual product itself. Which is false advertising. Stating nothing is one thing, but if you tell players it is for a limited time then turn around and change your mind isn't good advertising at all. It's false, and it's disgusting. 

It's not false advertising, exclusive and limited time only are not the same thing. Limited time means just that it's avaiable for a limited time it does not mean it's never avaiable again, as long as they don't make it avaiable permanently it's not false advertising. You are expecting it to be exclusive which it is not.

Really this is just a whine thread from people who had wrong expectations.

8 minutes ago, SaintPepsiCola said:

As Someone who played at headstart (founder) and then shortly left before headstart was over; I bought the two christmas costumes (PS they are rare imo because they look awesome where many store costumes are hell ugly and I'm yet to see any better looking store costumes than those on all races ) and I don't mind if they become available again on store or whatever. You might have paid 'extra' for event costumes but you've already had the luxury of wearing them all this time. /thread

So people who spent 100 + and STILL didn't get the outfit from the box? Yes, they gambled. But it's more the fact that they advertise one thing and then do the opposite or do something they never stated would happen. The people who paid that amount of money + have basically been done over. Definitely the ones who didn't even get the outfit. I am fine with Best Friend because it was stated on the item in the store that it would come back at a later date, but for all the others this wasn't stated which is false advertisement stating that it would be limited to an event, or limited time only. I don't mind seeing others wearing it, I don't mind if everyone has Black Padded Coat for example but it is the principle behind it.

It's degrading the value. What people paid is for is their item. They paid as much as they saw fit on the rng boxes and for it to release this soon or to even re-release at all without stating previously is just downright bad.

4 minutes ago, Kitah said:

So people who spent 100 + and STILL didn't get the outfit from the box? Yes, they gambled. But it's more the fact that they advertise one thing and then do the opposite or do something they never stated would happen. The people who paid that amount of money + have basically been done over. Definitely the ones who didn't even get the outfit. I am fine with Best Friend because it was stated on the item in the store that it would come back at a later date, but for all the others this wasn't stated which is false advertisement stating that it would be limited to an event, or limited time only. I don't mind seeing others wearing it, I don't mind if everyone has Black Padded Coat for example but it is the principle behind it.

It's degrading the value. What people paid is for is their item. They paid as much as they saw fit on the rng boxes and for it to release this soon or to even re-release at all without stating previously is just downright bad.

It was YOUR choice to gamble first of all. So it's no use bringing it up in discussion it's not like you were forced into it. Secondly; gambling and winning the costumes gave you the privilege to wear that costume all this time. This happens in almost every mmo unless they tell you it was exclusive which they did not.

18 minutes ago, Cor said:

You are comparing apples and tomatoes, cs shop outfits are sales items to make money ingame outfits are not and with the current event making various outfits avaiable through the merchant of wonders and thus not exclusive to their original drop location anymore an invalid argument anyway.

Expecting something that has not been advertised as being exclusive to be exclusive is exactly that - NOT having common sense. The only outfits that have been advertised as being exclusive are the master pack ones for those it's to be expected to never be avaiable through other means but expecting it for any other outfits that have not been advertised as such is just nonsense and lack of common sense. Seriously you people can only blame yourself for persuading yourself that those would be exclusive.

Just like i said above you are only persuading yourself that they are exclusive, nc never stated that they are exclusive to rng boxes. It's your own fault to believe something that wasn't claimed anywhere.

It's not false advertising, exclusive and limited time only are not the same thing. Limited time means just that it's avaiable for a limited time it does not mean it's never avaiable again, as long as they don't make it avaiable permanently it's not false advertising. You are expecting it to be exclusive which it is not.

Really this is just a whine thread from people who had wrong expectations.

I don't expect exclusivity in being "one time only", otherwise it'd of stated that. The fact that they never mentioned that it would come back, and the fact they are bringing it back out in a different way is what makes it wrong. It is false advertising. 

I though "limited time only" doesnt necessarily mean it isn't coming back..... its just mostly used for prices until certain dates. In this case it be like.. "for a limited time you can get this outfit from rng box", days/weeks/months later "same item limited time only in store now!" Ahhh, I'm not really good at explaining this but it actually happens a lot in stores.  "It's frequently an introductory price or perhaps for the grand opening of a store, any excuse for a price cut. After the date specified the price goes up to the regular price." 

Yeh- if it doesn't state it's exclusive and it says limited time instead, it probably means it's coming back in the same form (rng) or differently (in store).

Edt: i just notices Cor post about limited time/exclusive and I agree with him/her, it really isn't false advertising. 

I am unsure on how to take these white highlights off...

Editx2: .....it did it..itself.. hahah. ...

18 minutes ago, SaintPepsiCola said:

It was YOUR choice to gamble first of all. So it's no use bringing it up in discussion it's not like you were forced into it. Secondly; gambling and winning the costumes gave you the privilege to wear that costume all this time. This happens in almost every mmo unless they tell you it was exclusive which they did not.

Yes. I gambled, it's fine. I don't mind the fact that I gambled. I got my outfit. However, others didn't. They also never stated my product that I gambled for would be available anywhere else at any other time. They stated it was limited.

@Cor: Since you're German do you know the German meaning of Limited? If so, could you tell me? I'm guessing it's different to the UK.

In the UK a limited time offer is something which you get BETTER value out of in a specific time frame. Having it in the cash shop as "Limited Time Only" would make more sense in this case than having it in a cash shop RNG box. But it was the other way round. Either make it harder to get or keep it tied to cash boxes. 

7 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

I though "limited time only" doesnt necessarily mean it isn't coming back..... its just mostly used for prices until certain dates. In this case it be like.. "for a limited time you can get this outfit from rng box", days/weeks/months later "same item limited time only in store now!" Ahhh, I'm not really good at explaining this but it actually happens a lot in stores.  "It's frequently an introductory price or perhaps for the grand opening of a store, any excuse for a price cut. After the date specified the price goes up to the regular price." 

Yeh- if it doesn't state it's exclusive and it says limited time instead, it probably means it's coming back in the same form (rng) or differently (in store).

Edt: i just notices Cor post about limited time/exclusive and I agree with him/her, it really isn't false advertising. 

gyaaaah! Can't take these white highlight off!

The problem is Hungry is that they never stated it would or would not come back. That is the main issue with this. Not only that, but they didn't say HOW it would come back if it WOULD come back again. I like what they did with Best Friends. They told us it would be coming back, but it wasn't specified how it would come back just that it would be back "in some form". This was never mentioned in the other events. Also, most of these events have happened within the last 6 months (obviously) I feel this is also too soon. There are hundreds more costumes they could bring out before re-releasing outfits. Re-releasing them in the same format such as in another RNG box would also be fine with me, but not in a simplistic "Buy for £10" form, definitely when this wasn't stated to people buying the boxes under false pretences that it wouldn't come back because they never mentioned such things. It is their duty as a provider to give their consumers the information they require by publicly notifying them at the checkout. (Like they did with Best Friends)

It isn't about bragging rights, so telling me I can had my fun of wearing the costume has nothing to do with it. I don't care if everyone in the game gets the same costume as me, that's their choice as it was mine to buy the RNG boxes. It's a matter of principle. 

That is my sole issue with this.

@HungryTaroJust Ctrl+X your white text, and Ctrl+Shift+V to paste it back without the formatting.

Problem is once again with NCSoft, they are not transparent enought. Their communicatio is not quite fit for us EU and USA ppl.

3 minutes ago, SaintPepsiCola said:

That's the definition of a gamble.

Yes. It is. But it's the fact it is coming out in a way they could've got it this way instead if they were informed it wasn't the only way they'd be able to release it.

4 minutes ago, Kitah said:

Yes. It is. But it's the fact it is coming out in a way they could've got it this way instead if they were informed it wasn't the only way they'd be able to release it.

They NEVER said the costumes were exclusive to that event. (I've said this many times now)

Archived