Forums

SSP King Grindtooth died too quickly

Luxerion

This happens in Onmyung realm/server. We just simply have too much people in one faction (Crimson). Most of them don't join the whole mining session and just waiting for last boss to spawn(big boar). That's why most of us don't get the reward from boss. It moves around very much and very fast so melee class (without high damage) is nearly impossible to get it, and summoner class which almost all of their skills are in straight line is really hard to follow boss' movement. It requires 14 points minimum to get the loot unless boss gained point. Just a little lag can cause you to miss the loot.

We need to think to resolve this, I'm not wise.. I can't think of any solution. I just hope dev team have something up on their sleeves to fix this whole SSP system. It's quite a mess down here.

I know the feeling thats why i lvled up an fm n spend 500 gold from my sin to fast upgrade fm just for king tooth.

Now about those leechers that suddenly appear during king tooth i think they should do something.

Cause if we all start just appearing during tooth time there wont be any tooth to kill cause mining would have failed.

Simple fix - Lock channels in SSP. Just like E.Fleet and Nightshade and Beastbog, etc. No more channel swapping on your own. Limit number of players in one channel to 24. Every single person will get loot from boars, I assure you.

Complex Fix - Make it so that a person can only damage Boars if he/she completed at least half of the mining phase, meaning killed at least 6 Pigs and 3 Terrors during mining. This is complex since it needs a good amount of coding, because this system needs to somehow differentiate between those who do mining and those who did not. One way to do tgis is to apply a status effect on those who completed 6 Pigs and 3 Terrors and make it so that without this status effect, you can not damage Boars. Status effect disappears once you switch channels or once the battle phase is complete.

This fix is actually better since it would not limit people to less populated channels.

The BIG question is - Will NCSoft implement this? I can guarantee you that they won't bother. The design of SSP has to be the worst game design I have seen in years. They did not bother changing it for 5 years now. What makes you think NA/EU community can make them change it?

In their last Q&A Livestream NCSoft NA said they had no plans to change anything to do with SSP and faction imbalance.

Their response to SSP was "don't go there until you have end game gear" and "buy moonstones off the marketplace".

Their response to faction imbalance was "just join the other faction" and "put an alt in the other faction".
Yupppppppp.

4 hours ago, Luxerion said:

It requires 14 points minimum to get the loot unless boss gained point. Just a little lag can cause you to miss the loot.

My summoner with over 500 ap has gotten 14 prestige so many times from boar and still doesn't get credit most of the time with that. x.x The hard cap for ssp really needs to be reduced.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Last i remember they said "We have a solution but are not yet ready to make it public" so...they are working on some changes.

where? The last time i remember they said something about this issue was the Q&A livestream and they said there something like, if i break it down to the point, "gitgud noob L2P".

Absolutely hate this.

What I hate even more is when you've worked hard all mining and someone shouts that the boar is being killed in faction chat. So then everyone who doesn't do mining comes just to kill boar. It becomes a crowded lag fest.

7 minutes ago, Provois said:

where? The last time i remember they said something about this issue was the Q&A livestream and they said there something like, if i break it down to the point, "gitgud noob L2P".

Yup. That's pretty much how it boiled down too. They told players if they want to get good gear to go to soulstone plains and get good gear to get good loot drops from... soulstone plains. It honestly doesn't make any sense. Sell the keys for 50/100 prestige points and make them non-tradable versions, but they won't.

Just now, DannyMayCry said:

Cause the devs are crap. What you mean 50 prestige for 1 key? I prefer it to be 25 imo.

Also it would be better if moonstones and soulstones are part of dungeon dailies too. At least 2 moonstones and 10 soulstones.

But no... that will not happen cause money talks and nothing walks.

Of course 25 would be a lot better than 50. 50 Prestige for a box with a key in, or a chance to get 1-5 keys. So basically you buy the Grindtooth box.  In actuality, I think all of the boxes that drop from anything on SSP should guarantee at least one key, 

I'd love for them to be part of dungeon dailies. If you currently do the daily challenge you get bags with a chance to get them, at least. 

7 minutes ago, Kitah said:

Absolutely hate this.

What I hate even more is when you've worked hard all mining and someone shouts that the boar is being killed in faction chat. So then everyone who doesn't do mining comes just to kill boar. It becomes a crowded lag fest.

Yup. That's pretty much how it boiled down too. They told players if they want to get good gear to go to soulstone plains and get good gear to get good loot drops from... soulstone plains. It honestly doesn't make any sense. Sell the keys for 50/100 prestige points and make them non-tradable versions, but they won't.

Cause the devs are crap. What you mean 50 prestige for 1 key? I prefer it to be 25 imo.

Also it would be better if moonstones and soulstones are part of dungeon dailies too. At least 2 moonstones and 10 soulstones.

But no... that will not happen cause money talks and nothing walks.

You know in some games such bosses works with fixed random loot right? Aka the boss drops fixed 20 free-to-loot chests, and the ones with best ping will loot them all. Does this seems right to you? If no then belive that even this can work in MMORPGs and the devs don't give a fawk about it.

I think this actual system is pretty fair tho. If there are too much ppl, just wait for less populated mining like during Harvest or at morning/evening when ppl are off.

The only way I can get the boar credit is to start on it early on the off tower.

They need to jack-up its hitpoints and cap the channels at less people.

Or, the easiest solution of them all, for gods' sake let us trade PPs for KEYS. I don't care if I don't get Grindtooth credit if I have an alternative way to farm the KEYS. I am happy to do as many hours of SSP as necessary to unlock all my boxes. I am okay with 80 or 100 pp per each key.

i agree, sometimes i don't even manage to get loot with 550 Ap warlock,there are so many players that the boar dies in less than 10 seconds and it is really lagy or fps drops down below 15 even if you turn off other players. 

and as a warlock i can not instantly unleash my entire burst,  the boar dies before i activated all my stuff, leech and soulfire and the boar is alread down to 60% or so before i can actually do full dps lol.

give more channels now, when silverfrost cae out we had 4 or 5 SSP channels and now its only two?

2 minutes ago, Cor said:

Just go to the tower that has the least people. If you don't get loot at the tower with less people the issue is with you because you are either undergeared, have performance issues or plain lack skill but not because there are too much people.

problem is one boar spawns earlier than the other, so people kill the first boar and then run over to the second boar and gives you even less chance to get the kill then.

Just go to the tower that has the least people. If you don't get loot at the tower with less people the issue is with you because you are either undergeared, have performance issues or plain lack skill but not because there are too much people.

5 minutes ago, Cor said:

I think it might not work on one of the populated servers. Sure, on a low population server, there are maybe 2 or 3 people on the off-tower from the start, so you can put in your damage before the main pack hits it, but once you get channel teaming up with 40+ people, each tower gets 20+, and all bets are off.

Since the Grindtooth is vital for gearing, that's why I think we should be able to get keys for pp. That way the geared people can get their 500 pp boxes, and the undergeared ones can scrape together the pp on moonstones unlocks.

The fix exists and wouldn't need the capping of channels or minimum damage contribution, those two are fine as it is. I've seen it in WoW and some other games, Dynamic boss health pools that adjusts on the number of players hitting it.

Of course only to be applied to open bosses/mobs where player numbers are inconsistent.

Unless there are simply too many people. You know all those "taxi ssp ch1 plzzzz" etc. Sometimes it looks like there is double or triple amount of people more than channel capacity. Add to that couple 650+ FMs and well it doesn't end well for most. In such conditions i struggle to get box as 550+ AP Warlock too. Boar simply doesn't have enough HP. 

Also RNG keys from boxes doesn't help either. I opened once 10+ grindtooth boxes 10+ slaying spirit boxes (from terrors roaming around) and 10+ konta's. Not a single key from boar or terrors, only couple from konta's but not from every box either.

I would really welcome incresing HP pool of boars atm and adding keys to merchants for prestige be it 25, 50 or 100. But less of the RNG involved the better, it's already too much RNG.

Dynamic boss health pools that adjusts on the number of players hitting it. 

That's a nice idea, but doubtful it will be implemented. The easiest solution would be selling keys for prestige points. It would not only give lower ap people a chance on keys but also assure whole mining phase isn't skipped by most players who are only afk there for boar.

20 minutes ago, Cor said:

The problem is 100% too many people.  It literally dies in 10 sec or less.  I have to wonder if ANYBODY gets credit in that situation.

6 hours ago, Shintuan said:

My summoner with over 500 ap has gotten 14 prestige so many times from boar and still doesn't get credit most of the time with that. x.x The hard cap for ssp really needs to be reduced.

I have over 600 AP and still only get it 1/3 of the time, so don't expect too much relief by upgrading :/

Archived