Toxic community rears its head again :/

Mudemi

So just finished a very challenging and fun run of Brightstone Ruins with my new SF. We were 3 SFs and 2 Summoners and 1 KFM that was in the entrance the entire dungeon. We struggled with the minibosses (some deaths); we struggled big time with the Lords, a few wipes, resets of them. We started to cook up strategies (we SFs do this, have the summoners do that, etc). On our third go, it worked, we were victorious, both Lords died, yay. Then the bids started, the KFM came to life and outbid us all on the Moonwater Tears. Bad. Then the random weapon turned out to be bracers (yay for us 3, right?) Wrong, all outbid by the summoners. Yes, I get that you get what you pay for in a PUG. Thanks for making that the lowest possible value. This community :(

You do realize you got 20% of what the KFM bid on the moonwater tears right? If someone is bidding high on items then it is a win for everyone else. Also, why should that summoner not have the right to sell the bracers on the marketplace? He spent the same amount of time in the dungeon as you did. 

Hurts to be poor don't it? But honestly you still get gold from it and the bracers useless unless its forgotten brightstone bracers which is from chest only so you aren't losing out much there and theres no more pirate or siren so the non forgotten version is obsolete.

15 hours ago, Mudemi said:

So just finished a very challenging and fun run of Brightstone Ruins with my new SF. We were 3 SFs and 2 Summoners and 1 KFM that was in the entrance the entire dungeon. We struggled with the minibosses (some deaths); we struggled big time with the Lords, a few wipes, resets of them. We started to cook up strategies (we SFs do this, have the summoners do that, etc). On our third go, it worked, we were victorious, both Lords died, yay. Then the bids started, the KFM came to life and outbid us all on the Moonwater Tears. Bad. Then the random weapon turned out to be bracers (yay for us 3, right?) Wrong, all outbid by the summoners. Yes, I get that you get what you pay for in a PUG. Thanks for making that the lowest possible value. This community :(

One single run with bad behaviour and the whole community is automatically toxic, great sample size you got there. There is 1 bad earthling on Earth, and the entire earth population is automatically bad. See the fallacy of your logic?

This behaviour is everywhere in all mmorpgs, not just here. Deal with it.

You are probably going to say my post is an example of "toxic community", but if you want to be faithful to your own opinion formulated out of an extremely bad statistical methodology, all the power to you.

16 hours ago, 864276_1452550324 said:

You do realize you got 20% of what the KFM bid on the moonwater tears right? If someone is bidding high on items then it is a win for everyone else. Also, why should that summoner not have the right to sell the bracers on the marketplace? He spent the same amount of time in the dungeon as you did. 

assuming that summ bid on a tradeable one. Altho I do think the only 'weapons' that drop are the blue ones. Purple's only drop in boxes from there right?

On 6/28/2016 at 6:37 PM, RyuueLaview said:

assuming that summ bid on a tradeable one. Altho I do think the only 'weapons' that drop are the blue ones. Purple's only drop in boxes from there right?

No, clean purples can also drop and anyone can bid on them, though I thought they were bound just like the purples from all the other dungeons.

On 28-6-2016 at 8:31 AM, 864276_1452550324 said:

Also, why should that summoner not have the right to sell the bracers on the marketplace? He spent the same amount of time in the dungeon as you did. 

Exactly why this community is effing screwed up, its all about me me me and (insert curseword) the rest.

I would never bid against anyone, especially when theres a classweapon/skill some could have used in party, be it for breakthrough or skin.

Theres is NO HONOR or courtesy among most of the players Ive seen since launch.

And Ive seen plenty of mmos for almost 15+ years since Everquest, this games the worst. 

and why do I even bother typing lol , no use anyways most likely.

Back to soloing for my moonw.tears I guess.

12 hours ago, Kazeshinime said:

Exactly why this community is effing screwed up, its all about me me me and (insert curseword) the rest.

I would never bid against anyone, especially when theres a classweapon/skill some could have used in party, be it for breakthrough or skin.

I view the 'me me me' mentality as expecting a free valuable item just because you are a certain class while everyone else gets nothing. The bidding system is there so everyone gets a equal portion of the profits. If you really want something then drive the price up close to market value and then stop if the other person keeps on bidding. It's that easy! Keep in mind we are talking about strangers in F8 not friends/ clan mates. 

5 hours ago, 864276_1452550324 said:

I view the 'me me me' mentality as expecting a free valuable item just because you are a certain class while everyone else gets nothing. The bidding system is there so everyone gets a equal portion of the profits. If you really want something then drive the price up close to market value and then stop if the other person keeps on bidding. It's that easy! Keep in mind we are talking about strangers in F8 not friends/ clan mates. 

GJ humanity at its best.

Just cause its a stanger we cant be civil right?

Dont get me wrong , I get what u r trying to say, I must be one of the few that does things out of the goodness of the shattered heart I have left.

I dont care about profit or money.

On 6/30/2016 at 2:40 AM, Prototypemind said:

No, clean purples can also drop and anyone can bid on them, though I thought they were bound just like the purples from all the other dungeons.

right but I mean, ppl bid on stuff they can't use. lol I dont get it

On 1.7.2016 at 5:28 PM, RyuueLaview said:

right but I mean, ppl bid on stuff they can't use. lol I dont get it

If they can sell it than they can use it. If it's non tradable and they bid on it just to prevent you from getting it without profit for themselves (he is a Sum, pink bracers drop, nontradable) then of course they are really terrible people

7 minutes ago, ZeronX said:

If they can sell it than they can use it. If it's non tradable and they bid on it just to prevent you from getting it without profit for themselves (he is a Sum, pink bracers drop, nontradable) then of course they are really terrible people

they are blue, so they are tradeable.

11 hours ago, Nattia said:

they are blue, so they are tradeable.

Did you mean you were there? 

When it happened?

For all intents and purposes, assume I mean non tradeable and class bound. Thus "can't use":in any redeemable form of value greater than the bid placed. Maybe a few copper u profit if you can npc the wep for more than 1c. Or salvage for powder

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:31 AM, 864276_1452550324 said:

This is stupid, because no one in their right mind is going to pay all that gold for a weapon that they can potentially get for free.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:18 AM, Kazeshinime said:

Theres is NO HONOR or courtesy among most of the players Ive seen since launch.

And Ive seen plenty of mmos for almost 15+ years since Everquest, this games the worst. 

and why do I even bother typing lol , no use anyways most likely.

Back to soloing for my moonw.tears I guess.

Pft, You say this game is the worst? You are joking

I highly doubt you've played many mmorpgs.

This game is like any other mmo rpgs out there

Greedy, money hungry, desperate people looking to profit from you

get better then you, or see you rage.

Just like many other mmos

On 6/28/2016 at 6:01 AM, Mudemi said:

Concerning moonwater tears.... just take the money. It's only 2 each run and unless you are duo, it would be kinda hard to split them in a fair way.
Also make sure IF people are bidding that they don't get it too cheap.

Lets say you are 6 players in a party and everyone cares for his items and his money. It only makes sense the the tears will "sell" very close to market price.

If the market price is 1,6g and somebody bids 1,6g in a run, it actually means that everyone else got profit from this except the guy who got the tears. You got some money but he lost money equal to the value of the item, then he could as well just buy it from the market and not waste time in the dungeon (maybe farm the gold somewhere else)

This being said don't expect a lot of profit from drops when doing dungeons with full parties, the quest reward will be your main income here. There is a slight chance to get items cheaper than on the market but don't take it as guaranteed. You will eventually be able to solo these dungeons and then it's a completely diffrent story.

If you want a very unchallenging source of gold, check the soulshields like "lumang accuracy" that are related to achievements and drop on the first continent. I sold several of these for 1g each and higher while leveling a new character, absolutely hilarious. xD Also basic crafted weapon (the lowest ones that cost a few copper) sold for 99s xD

And about the bracers... not sure about that. Bidding that high on the purple bracers would be absolutely retarded and then they probably just tried to squeeze some money out of you and failed because nobody went higher.

Occasionally you get people who try to trick you. They make extremely high bids nd hope that somebody just clicks without checking the price and if nobody falls for it, they will just leave (which actually resets that bid...really ncsoft wtf?)

On 7/14/2016 at 11:06 AM, Estellia said:

This is stupid, because no one in their right mind is going to pay all that gold for a weapon that they can potentially get for free.

I made that comment right after sf came out and blue bracers were going for 60+ gold the first week. 

On 6/28/2016 at 0:01 AM, Mudemi said:

The weapon that drops, is not part of Upgrade path anymore, so I don't see what's wrong with the summoner bidding for it. The weapon that you need for upgrade is from dynamic quest box. Which you get guaranteed on every run.

Archived