Will Mysterious Crystal ever be included in cash shop?

Bonnibell

I understand NCSoft likes to keep the RNG aspect of this so players will have a bigger incentive to buy resets from the store, but I think it would benefit the community and NCSoft to include Mysterious Crystal in the cash shop once the merchant event is over. There could be a daily purchase limit on them and it could be priced like a legendary hammer. There are probably a good amount of players with alts who would be willing to buy these but can't run CS on multiple characters as it would be too time consuming/expensive. I have over 200+ runs in cold storage and I've never seen the mysterious crystal drop from Kaari Lord. It's kind of hard to believe it's even on the loot table. Thanks, hope you will consider. ^^ 

EDIT: In order to get every single transmute gem you'd need 840 crystals. In order to get the first set of gems it'd be 180 crystals. 

3 minutes ago, Jem said:

Seen it drop ONCE during my CS spams, LMAO. They just need to up the chances more, idk.

What harm would it do to include it in cash shop though? The majority of the time when they "buff" drop rates a lot of people complain it feels like nothing was changed. This is good for everyone all around as long as there is a daily purchase limit. 

Because people would cry pay2win. (Even though it already is) Probs just a bit worse. IDK about it being in the shop though. Rates would go down even more and if there is a daily limit, would be available for hm coin too? Or just ncoin?

18 minutes ago, Jem said:

Because people would cry pay2win. (Even though it already is) Probs just a bit worse. IDK about it being in the shop though. Rates would go down even more and if there is a daily limit, would be available for hm coin too? Or just ncoin?

I think it won't change the rates in the currency exchange because the average player doesn't have 3 gems to transmute. Either way, they will release more content/events until the currency rate is abysmal. Not NCSofts fault really, the players determine the price. About pay2win; people will always complain and if there's the option to buy it with hongmoon coin they can't scream omg! pay2win! when they can sell gold for it if they're dedicated. 

5 minutes ago, chudomino said:

Heres an idea just make them free period *cricket* grinding and money cus if u gave free the people without 3 gems would get annoyed

true...just free gems n crystals then :p

on a serious note  it would be better if the drop rates are adjusted like the mirage crystals , to drop off every blue and purple dungeon bosses in silverfrost 

TBH it is a problem atm, the drop rate is so low that its useless to farm it unless you are expecting to get it from merchant. If merchant was gone, there we be pretty much no hope to get them. IDK if the cashshop response is the best solution but something does need to be done.

2 minutes ago, Tracmar said:

true...just free gems n crystals then :p

on a serious note  it would be better if the drop rates are adjusted like the mirage crystals , to drop off every blue and purple dungeon bosses in silverfrost 

Would you suggest making them tradeable then? Personally, I think including it in the hmcoin and ncoin store is a better alternative unless it becomes tradeable.

Okay, if it goes in the cash shop, right... like, wouldn't that be too accessible for those who spend stacks on stacks on that NCoin? Yes, it is an issue that needs to be properly addressed, however, I'm not absolutely sure if mysterious crystals being installed into the Hongmoon store would be an appropriate response to the current situation. Perhaps introducing the inclusion of such an item into other dungeons, such as Sogun's Lament, Sundered Nexus and Heaven's Mandate, would birth the commencement of proper actions. Addressing the privilege to trade such a component as a mysterious crystal, I personally believe it would encourage or advocate the idea of spending real world currency (USD, Euros, etc). Please acknowledge the fact that all of what I have said are personal opinions, and if such are taken into consideration by certain individuals, should be taken lightly. 

-Taco

43 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Just make it be limited for like 1 crystal per day, and non-gift-able. Just like HM unsealing tickets :P

Yes, of course. I should of elaborated; 1 crystal a day account-wide. 

40 minutes ago, Taco Grande said:

Okay, if it goes in the cash shop, right... like, wouldn't that be too accessible for those who spend stacks on stacks on that NCoin? Yes, it is an issue that needs to be properly addressed, however, I'm not absolutely sure if mysterious crystals being installed into the Hongmoon store would be an appropriate response to the current situation. Perhaps introducing the inclusion of such an item into other dungeons, such as Sogun's Lament, Sundered Nexus and Heaven's Mandate, would birth the commencement of proper actions. Addressing the privilege to trade such a component as a mysterious crystal, I personally believe it would encourage or advocate the idea of spending real world currency (USD, Euros, etc). Please acknowledge the fact that all of what I have said are personal opinions, and if such are taken into consideration by certain individuals, should be taken lightly. 

-Taco

Yeah, including it as a drop and allowing it to become tradeable is great, but I think there should be a cash shop option as well for players who either don't have the time to run dungeons for this or who prefer to purchase daily via the store. There's a lot of ways they could go around this, like including it in the dragon express for zen beans, a lot of naryu silver, faction insignias etc... but to me the most simple and appealing method for NCSoft would be to include it in the cash shop as a daily purchase with ncoin or hmcoin. ^^

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

I say leave them as they are and not include them in the shop.

if someone wants op gems let them work for it and not widen the gap more between credit card heroes and actual players.

What's the harm in putting it as a daily purchase in cash shop if people can only obtain 30+ of them through resets? Either way people are spending ncoin/hmcoin for this and on top of that you need 3 of each gem.. almost all only obtainable through event as well. 

39 minutes ago, Ur Mom said:

What's the harm in putting it as a daily purchase in cash shop if people can only obtain 30+ of them through resets? Either way people are spending ncoin/hmcoin for this and on top of that you need 3 of each gem.. almost all only obtainable through event as well. 

1 problem is that in the long run NC gets more money through the resets instead of putting it into the shop.

Plus these are special gems and should be hard to obtain, same as the blackwyrm ones.

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

1 problem is that in the long run NC gets more money through the resets instead of putting it into the shop.

Plus these are special gems and should be hard to obtain, same as the blackwyrm ones.

I see your point and I imagine that's probably NCSoft's reasoning... I guess we'll have to see if it's included in the next event as a reward. If not, then there will be no way to obtain them for a while. :/ I think a daily purchase limit is fair though. 

Archived