Why is the gear so expensive?

ShadeZepp

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right area to post this, but *cricket* it...

The title says it all really. My biggest concern is that players are pretty much trying to bleed other players dry to avoid grinding.

The Stalker Bracer sells for almost 1 gold and the corrupted bracers sell for about 20. WHAT THE SHIT?! Seriously, this is heavy extortion on items that are such low level that it's pretty much impossible to have that much money that early on. It's a massive problem in my opinion and it seems so unfair. Especially with my terrible luck taking me like almost 10 hours just to get the boxes to drop what i need and the fact that i have to get more keys to open the boxes to get what i need.

Unfortunately farming some of them is made much more difficult by the fact that you can no longer cross server the dungeons that drop them, like Darkglimpse... SF is the first class to have that problem (although new characters of all classes are screwed the same way now).

Other than that, yeah, what Luna said.  It's a temporary effect caused by the popularity of the new class, warlock was the same way (I don't have one but sold some of the weapons on marketplace for ridiculous amounts).

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

It is because the class is so new. It just got out so many people are leveling up and needing those items. Either farm them yourself or wait few months for the first hype wear off.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to take "months" At most, the hype will be gone some time before august which is still horseshit. But whatever, guess i have to do things the hard way..... again.

Why do admins break everything good with almost every online game?

First 'cuz it's new class, and there are high demand on the weapons.  Also, there are many jerks in the game that  think they can make money out of new class.
I was farming for the Dokumo Bracers.  At last run,  there were myself and another SF, but the other SF disconnected from the game.  I was so happy that I saw the bracer dropped from last boss.  Everyone in the party left, except one summoner.  Then he/she kept raising the price.

I told him not to be a jerk, but got no answer.  So I pissed and did this ;) ... at the end I have way more money to buy  it from the AH.

Just hope  he/she learn the lesson.

XN1tc2n.jpg

Well coz farming these weapons/accessories suck now. Green dungeon being remove. Oh and also in your group you are mostly likely going to get 2 to 3 SF so is like a bidding war. Is better to buy them.  For me is not a problem since I famr enough gold and materals form my other lvl 50's so it doesn't bother me.

The thing that *cricket* me off is the RNG in this game. For some weapons to drop I simply went to the cash shop and buy the class specific keys. I rather not spend hours farmign for that one upgrade I need and then have some noob outbid like crazy.

Same thing happened when warlock came out, it's nothing new, they are inflating prices because they know a lot of people make alts and so they can afford the higher prices out of convenience and laziness. 

Just wait out a couple of weeks and the prices will drop. The gearing curve is so long that 2 weeks will make zero difference on the end-game progression but it will save you a affair bit on the low level gear.

That XP bonus they have right now is nice, but not worth the competition for the low level stuff.

On 6/27/2016 at 11:08 PM, Lunakitty said:

It's not the admins. It's the players if you mean the prices of the things. Players are who decide the prices.

That's sort of true, but for things like Corrupted weapons, the removal of Darkglimpse from F8 was a huge factor in the price spike.  Lots of breakthrough accessories are the same way.  Players that are actually at the level to need it can't get their own anymore, so of course the price is going to skyrocket, even with the gold spammers running groups to farm accessories to sell.

9 minutes ago, Partholonian said:

That's sort of true, but for things like Corrupted weapons, the removal of Darkglimpse from F8 was a huge factor in the price spike.  Lots of breakthrough accessories are the same way.  Players that are actually at the level to need it can't get their own anymore, so of course the price is going to skyrocket, even with the gold spammers running groups to farm accessories to sell.

Take for example imperator weapons. Croak King's Court was never in F8 to begin with. And even without removing the F8 option for Darkglimpse I would say the weapons would still be the same price as literally everyone hates doing that dungeon due to it being so long and time taking.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:41 AM, Riata said:

First 'cuz it's new class, and there are high demand on the weapons.  Also, there are many jerks in the game that  think they can make money out of new class.
I was farming for the Dokumo Bracers.  At last run,  there were myself and another SF, but the other SF disconnected from the game.  I was so happy that I saw the bracer dropped from last boss.  Everyone in the party left, except one summoner.  Then he/she kept raising the price.

I told him not to be a jerk, but got no answer.  So I pissed and did this ;) ... at the end I have way more money to buy  it from the AH.

Just hope  he/she learn the lesson.

XN1tc2n.jpg

best thing you can do is farm this stuff yourself and start flooding the market with a much lower price than people are trying to get....it will force the prices down very quickly because nobody is going to sell something for 20 to 50 gold if others are only selling for something like 50s to 1g. 

Archived