Upgrade costs after patch are completely unreasonable

Melodia

Gee I wonder how people upgraded their weapons @ launch and at lvl45 cap when they were new? I did, i paid those costs just fine, getting to awakened profane wasn't difficult, completing story with some dailys along the way gives you enough gold.

I remember grinding my ass off at 45 and buying the MTS for like 20g. 

45 was just as hard to upgrade as the 50 stuff is now. 

The only difference, in my opinion, is the gold inflation on mats, and the number of mats you need. 

Practically, in terms of worth, 45 and 50 upgrade paths cost the same amount of time. 

Except, you now have the daily challenge event + the merchant.

It should be easy as shit to upgrade your stuff right now. 

New people just see older players and want everything they have instantly but they forget that these players played for months to get it.

As others said: level up to 50, finish the story line and do dailies. Your ap will increase very fast until you reach ~ 450 - 500.

23 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

New people just see older players and want everything they have instantly but they forget that these players played for months to get it.

As others said: level up to 50, finish the story line and do dailies. Your ap will increase very fast until you reach ~ 450 - 500.

I'm surprised. Did you think of this witty and totally new argument all by yourself or did someone need to help with it? This argument is SUCH a pathetic attempt of painting everyone in one colour that I could do the same and claim that people using this argument don't even bother to have an understanding and just want to troll,  come off as gleering or lack common sense. Quite a few posts that have that reasoing are basically the same as if there's a pattern to it. It's the same as when someone says "I don't understand why (...). I didn't have any problem with xyz" and continues flaming and being resistant to other opinons.

39 minutes ago, Ohlong Johnson said:

I'm surprised. Did you think of this witty and totally new argument all by yourself or did someone need to help with it? This argument is SUCH a pathetic attempt of painting everyone in one colour that I could do the same and claim that people using this argument don't even bother to have an understanding and just want to troll,  come off as gleering or lack common sense. Quite a few posts that have that reasoing are basically the same as if there's a pattern to it. It's the same as when someone says "I don't understand why (...). I didn't have any problem with xyz" and continues flaming and being resistant to other opinons.

the thing that bugs me is i grinded my ass off, got my crit to 57% which is better than most peoples and got myself to 520 AP. according to the games own recommendations i am fit to do anything thats currently available. if i change a ss piece i always slap a crit primer on it which alot of other players do not do. 

i play my class very well and am constantly tanking in groups where players have higher ap/ better stats. i can solo camp in necro. ive soloed lycan. i understand all the mechanics and have around 15 years of mmo experience. 

but people constantly leave group if i queue for sundered nexus. sometimes even lesser dungeons.

the community is cynical and shallow for the most part.... are you afraid that someone with 50 less ap than you may play better and do more damage?.

are you aware that stacking crit is more important than stacking ap? and getting the crit is much easier? 

tired of being judged by people who dont even build their characters properly.   

To the OP you concerns are justified to see the lack of empathy for your problem and the careless Just farm it solutions do absolutely nothing for you problem all it does after reading it makes me want to quit the game entirely if the game doesn't take into account the long grind. I managed to make true profane before BSH but after that I was hit with the wall of true siren. after that I quit for over a month returned and played again things have gotten progressively worse what these people fail to recognize is that you don't have the spare time to do all that nor interest level to. If you want to check out my opinion look for the ap grinding problem in the forums. 

Zedonia I must disagree with your opinion wholeheartedly New people and old people alike have a problem which is this  game is a CHORE it is not fun its not easing you into a grind its just BRAM deal with it. I have never seen such disregard in a video game to its player base. I will never grind for days to weeks on end just to get a weapon or accessory, its just not worth it. People need to stop being insensitive to other peoples problems I posted a serious problem in the forums which was only meant with indifference and scorn and ridicule it made me not want to play this game anymore after that. We need to stop scaring the new people away with these kinds of stuff before the game dies out. 

i have empathy for the people with less gear than i do, i still have the same problem with the people more geared than me. 

but when i group with people when we get to the boss i always ask if everyone knows what to do. 

when nobody says a word and within the 1st minute of yeti nobody stuns i just leave. i could spec double stun on assassin and carry noobs but i lose my only focus regeneration in stealth to do it. 

im sure all the assassins who have run out of focus and have had to wait for stealth to end for a builder understand why teamwork is much better than carrying.

6 hours ago, Vau said:

im sure all the assassins who have run out of focus and have had to wait for stealth to end for a builder understand why teamwork is much better than carrying.

Press tab near a monster to end stealth when you have no focus.

21 hours ago, HungryTaro said:

The reason why I said to go for this is because to make MTS you need premium tempered refiners which you get from merry potter BUT you need the recipe for it from blightstone (rare drop) or buy from market NA (44g atm). Eitherway.. if your new, you probably wouldnt be able to make those but with radiant ring even though it may not seem a lot of gold.. you'll have some "pocket change" while your lvling rather than waiting at the end with mts. Also with the sf lvling hype.. those pouches goes for 7g+ right now so I'd jump it and if you feel lucky you can try opening hoping to get 25ap gem out of it which is 30g. (NA)

I did Radiant Ring on my first character, and I really regretted it. I opened a few pouches, and all my gems were junk. But if you say the pouches go for 7 gold now, I will crank some out & sell.

I did buy the Merry Potter recipe as soon as I was able to scrape together 40 gold it cost at the time.

3 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I did Radiant Ring on my first character, and I really regretted it. I opened a few pouches, and all my gems were junk. But if you say the pouches go for 7 gold now, I will crank some out & sell.

I did buy the Merry Potter recipe as soon as I was able to scrape together 40 gold it cost at the time.

Yeh, my first char is actually merry potter/ soul warden.. I got my merry potter for 6g but that was when we were still in moonwater patch. Though I wasn't able to make MTS much. Then had my alt (probably main now) is radiant ring / merry potter (got lucky with recipe drop 1copper) and was able to make pouches and sold them and those gold stacks up over time. 

I guess I'm mainly looking at it as which is easier to craft and for them to have bits of gold while they're lvling. I think merry potter is 50g+ now unless it went down or high again.. and if they were following story while periodically upgrading gears.. I don't really see them earning it and even if they did there's also the problem with them hunting moonwater tears which are 1.5g and not much running/ they may not be able to solo/ if with group have to bid against. Overall radiant mats are just simpler for beginners. (Though if they don't have much luck I'd probably refrain from opening then, lol.)

Yeh! Get those pouches while they're still high! 

1 minute ago, HungryTaro said:

I guess I'm mainly looking at it as which is easier to craft and for them to have bits of gold while they're lvling. I think merry potter is 50g+ now unless it went down or high again.. and if they were following story while periodically upgrading gears.. I don't really see them earning it and even if they did there's also the problem with them hunting moonwater tears which are 1.5g and not much running/ they may not be able to solo/ if with group have to bid against. Overall radiant mats are just simpler for beginners. (Though if they don't have much luck I'd probably refrain from opening then, lol.)

I was lucky to get a stuck of 100 Moonwater tears when it was 7 silvers  each (I know, I know) and once the price went over 70 s, I stared running solo Brightstone. It's boring, but with the current market prices it's hard to turn out profit unless you supply at least 8 Moontears a day (one half of the required for a refiner and the stones themselves).

I am looking into moving towards the SFTS as an income maker, but moonstones supply is to flacky, yeah....

25 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I was lucky to get a stuck of 100 Moonwater tears when it was 7 silvers  each (I know, I know) and once the price went over 70 s, I stared running solo Brightstone. It's boring, but with the current market prices it's hard to turn out profit unless you supply at least 8 Moontears a day (one half of the required for a refiner and the stones themselves).

I am looking into moving towards the SFTS as an income maker, but moonstones supply is to flacky, yeah....

Yeh... ahh the good old days when moonwater tears were cheap but yeh, that's why I can't see new players being able to do soul warden atm.

SFTS.. for income.. yeh I actually thought about that too but decided to scrap that idea.  The time and mat + cost if bought is just isn't worth it for me.. also I needed my moonstone.  Im also someone who is unable to do ssp since my laptop is too shitty for it.

I went for purification jars instead to test out how it is for income (I have all crafting guild so yeh-) and it was great but that's probably because I made and hoarded then sold them during the SF rush and made quite a profit for such small amount of mats. Then on top of my radiant ring pouches... it went up to 10g for a while too. XD

6 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

SFTS.. for income.. yeh I actually thought about that too but decided to scrap that idea.  The time and mat + cost if bought is just isn't worth it for me.. also I needed my moonstone.  Im also someone who is unable to do ssp since my laptop is too shitty for it.

I do SSP, but moonstones drops are just as much of a problem for me. I was trying to build up two chars to run SSP for SFTS but in the end, I think it's not going to work out. Overall I am tempted to just sell mats and accept a lower income bracket, because chasing the 2 orders of MTS a day makes me sink far more time into the game.

I'll get the pouches going. Last time I looked it was not worth the granite grind.

Really my suggestion is get a good clan. At lvl 40, you should be in one really. Clan gives you people to run with and help craft items to make the leveling of equipment a little easier. There are no items in the game that are more difficult to obtain now than they were before. And let me tell you ... I wish MTS were as easy to make when I was leveling as they are now. Really, I don't see how costs are any more insane now than they were before, and so many of us managed to get through it then. 

Just takes a little time to get it done, but you can get it done. If your friend is having that difficult a time, just help them out. My other half started a character recently and has very little time to play and farm items. So, I help him out by running the important areas with him so he can get the items he needs. Solves the whole "no one will run with low ap players" issue from the get go. 

4 minutes ago, Iaosise said:

Really my suggestion is get a good clan. At lvl 40, you should be in one really. Clan gives you people to run with and help craft items to make the leveling of equipment a little easier. There are no items in the game that are more difficult to obtain now than they were before

It depends on the server. In my experience, clans prefer to recruit level 50 HM ++ with gear.

I'd say Moonwater tears are harder to get now than before, as well as all the level 45 stuff. Back when 45 was top level, the population was concentrated, so you could run 24Ms and did not have to do hard dungeons. The gear gap was also rather small, about 100 AP between the entry-level and end of the road set. Now it is over 300 AP, pushing 400.

It also goes without saying that all the drops from green dungeons now need to be obtained after completing the level 50 story solo, which is very backward.

Here is the thing about Moonwater Tears ... most of those dungeons can be easily completed by just two people with basic lvl 40-45 equipment. That is how we always used to get the tears. Find a partner and split the loot; do Pigsty if you want fast or Brightstone if you want the chance of extra money from recipes. 

I'm on the Yunwa server and the clan I'm in actually makes a point of trying to recruit low level players when we have openings. We run things with those lower level players when they need help and try to help them with things like getting better soul shields. Not going to do all the work for them of course, but we help out where we can to get them better equipped.

And if a person is having trouble getting soulstones, there is still the option of doing pvp for them. SSP is end game and should be difficult. Most of the items can be gotten from other places with a bit of work though. Moonstones would be the only item that cannot be farmed in other areas and those seem to come up as rewards from the daily challenge, and other events, often.

52 minutes ago, Iaosise said:

And if a person is having trouble getting soulstones, there is still the option of doing pvp for them. SSP is end game and should be difficult. Most of the items can be gotten from other places with a bit of work though. Moonstones would be the only item that cannot be farmed in other areas and those seem to come up as rewards from the daily challenge, and other events, often.

This is actually server-dependent. I was able to get 40 soulstones a day on a fresh 50 alt. Basically, I just farmed 25 pp for 5 soulstones from flowers, picked up bodies and did capture (key), tent and intel. With a Naryu soulshield and 425 AP I was able to get my first moonstones on him, but it's dicey. I am on a small server though, so since the channels are overcrowded on the big ones, Mistywood is probably the only reliable source.

Arena winnings do not directly transfer to the soulstones, because of the small dragon certificates. I do SSP just fine, but I have never step into a level 50 dungeon, before going back in time and run all the accessories to True Siren before doing the first run of Awakened Necropolis.

In SSP, if you screw up, so what, try again, In a dungeon, you screw up, and things will go haywire, people will start yelling and all that.

Another thing is, I'd rather save all my beans for direct transfers into the HM skill unlocks. Because you do not need the SDCs for it.

On 2016-06-25 at 9:39 PM, Melodia said:

So basically you're saying my friend should stay with something absurdly low level like True Infernal until level 50? Are you for real? Do you think she'll have any chance to get into BSH/BSC parties with True Infernal?

Level 50s have no problem affording anything because they have 10x more content to do than sub-50's. I'm talking about all the content before that, why are things so expensive even before 50?? If BnS expects players to completely outlevel their weapons then that's just a really stupid game design. A level 45 is supposed to be only suitable for level 35 content and can only afford a level 35 weapon? What kind of retarded design is that?

And by the way, I'm not a new player, I'm already at HM7 so I know how grindy this game is. The only reason I even got here is because I had a bit of financial (in-game gold) help from friends in the form of cheap moonwater stones.

If there's anything to be learned from Tera it's their much fairer weapon system. Level 1-65 is a breeze in the park to make new players comfortable. The grind only starts at max level and the improvements have decreasing rate of return, just like any NORMAL MMO, unlike in BnS where it's the complete reverse. There are barely any AP improvements are lower level and MASSIVE improvements near the end.

My first character to lvl 50 was about 400 to 420AP no problem. Just grind it out once you reach lvl 50. Do dailies run BSH, Mushin tower, daily. Get gold buy material. Is nto hard. Most pug these days don't care about your AP if it is the easy ones (lair, Necro, bsh, 24man Ruins etc etc....). Or if you a good friend lend her some gold. My friend did that when i started.

4 hours ago, Iaosise said:

Really my suggestion is get a good clan. At lvl 40, you should be in one really. Clan gives you people to run with and help craft items to make the leveling of equipment a little easier. There are no items in the game that are more difficult to obtain now than they were before. And let me tell you ... I wish MTS were as easy to make when I was leveling as they are now. Really, I don't see how costs are any more insane now than they were before, and so many of us managed to get through it then. 

Just takes a little time to get it done, but you can get it done. If your friend is having that difficult a time, just help them out. My other half started a character recently and has very little time to play and farm items. So, I help him out by running the important areas with him so he can get the items he needs. Solves the whole "no one will run with low ap players" issue from the get go. 

1. There is no clan search feature in this game even when pretty much every other game has it. There are also no active guild recruitment forums anywhere. Yes I've checked bladeandsouldojo, the last active thread dates back in April

2. There are only 1-2 clans that broadcast recruit messages regularly in Iksanun

3. My friend and I have somewhat basic standards about the clan's name... we're not really interested in joining some clan named "elite dark lord slayer 9000" if we can help it

So as far as I know there's no feasible way to join a clan unless you do ALL of the following:

1. Walk around a busy place to search for good clans

2. Meet someone in the clan

3. That person is friendly and won't throw insults at you for trying to join their clan

4. AND that person has recruit powers

...Yeah not gonna happen often.

1 hour ago, Melodia said:

1. There is no clan search feature in this game even when pretty much every other game has it. There are also no active guild recruitment forums anywhere. Yes I've checked bladeandsouldojo, the last active thread dates back in April

2. There are only 1-2 clans that broadcast recruit messages regularly in Iksanun

3. My friend and I have somewhat basic standards about the clan's name... we're not really interested in joining some clan named "elite dark lord slayer 9000" if we can help it

So as far as I know there's no feasible way to join a clan unless you do ALL of the following:

1. Walk around a busy place to search for good clans

2. Meet someone in the clan

3. That person is friendly and won't throw insults at you for trying to join their clan

4. AND that person has recruit powers

...Yeah not gonna happen often.

there is a clan recruitment channel in game. you need to be over lvl 11 and have no clan. its how i found my current clan. i had like 430 ap at the time. its been like 2 weeks and im up to 520. i was selling stingers to blow thru the moonwater gear quickly. now with the event hae mujin drops are worth more than stingers. 

this event really sucks if you cannot participate seeing its destroying the economy and and making content you should be able to breeze thru at lvl 50 take longer to do. 

as for active forum recruitment my clan posts in this forum. and they are on the front page so it cant be to inactive.

Archived