can roll crit or no crit

Yashuoa

Okay I am a new player who is trying to gear up his lvl 50.

I have done Naryu lab runs to get pieces #1, 4, 6 and 8.

Even though I have gotten these pieces, I am not done with them,

because the pieces dont always roll crit. A couple didnt.

Really I dont mind if a piece can roll between x crit  and y crit if those differences arent huge.

Just as if it can roll between x stat and y same stat.

Because even if you have a low roll, at least it has the right stats that you need, making the piece at least useful.

What I really dont feel is right is if a piece can roll  for example crit, but it can also roll block instead of crit.

Because if it rolls block instead of crit, than as a dps, I am obviously not gonna replace it for a piece with lower hp but with crit.

So if it rolls block for me instead of crit its more or less useless and I have to grind that piece again.
So rng decides if a piece is really good, useful, BUT also if its useless. The latter (useless) is a bit extreme imo.

How do you feel about this system?

Wouldnt it be better if a certain piece always rolls a certain stat. Like in this example crit, but that the amount can differ (as it does now)

and not that it can roll crit or block??

(Crit and block are opposits even, as one increases dmg and the other reduces it).

Nah, you may find critt good for pve but you are not thinking about pvp.

So for example a meele also needs offensive stats or it becomes useless to the team (same as dead). In pvp you are glad that you blocked or evaded that last stun that could've chainlocked you to death.

The differ in stat rolls just makes up for a more complex system and lets you build differently.

P.S. Naryu Lab pieces suck so much they are only good for SSP cause surviving is key. You will later find out that the 50+ soulshields give much more stats and HP was never needed over more DPS. Not even if ur considered a "Tank"

Naryu doesn't suck at all. You may not get the same stats with higher ones but you can run every dungeon without problems with it. 50% crit is easy, no matter what ss you use.

To the topic: No, it's good at is it. If the ss wouldn't be random, we would lose the only rng gear point in the game. We upgrade our weapon and accs. They are all the same. You don't have to hope for a specific drop (except the weapons you need for upgrade). Getting good ss isn't hard at all. Sure, if you always want the absolutely max. on every piece, it can take some time, but even that is ok. Most pieces roll crit as main stat anyway. We are getting ss pieces in every run for free (not counting the drops) so it shouldn't be too hard to get them.

1 hour ago, MushinKFM said:

Nah, you may find critt good for pve but you are not thinking about pvp.

So for example a meele also needs offensive stats or it becomes useless to the team (same as dead). In pvp you are glad that you blocked or evaded that last stun that could've chainlocked you to death.

The differ in stat rolls just makes up for a more complex system and lets you build differently.

P.S. Naryu Lab pieces suck so much they are only good for SSP cause surviving is key. You will later find out that the 50+ soulshields give much more stats and HP was never needed over more DPS. Not even if ur considered a "Tank"

In arena pvp stuff like block from gear is inactive.

In open world pvp I dont think that people in general want to rely on an rng block or evade.

Instead of Naryu, where would you advice me to go now?

~400 attackpower atm, ~41%crit and 51k hp (latter being the least important probably).

59 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Naryu doesn't suck at all. You may not get the same stats with higher ones but you can run every dungeon without problems with it. 50% crit is easy, no matter what ss you use.

To the topic: No, it's good at is it. If the ss wouldn't be random, we would lose the only rng gear point in the game. We upgrade our weapon and accs. They are all the same. You don't have to hope for a specific drop (except the weapons you need for upgrade). Getting good ss isn't hard at all. Sure, if you always want the absolutely max. on every piece, it can take some time, but even that is ok. Most pieces roll crit as main stat anyway. We are getting ss pieces in every run for free (not counting the drops) so it shouldn't be too hard to get them.

If my suggestion is implemented than the only rng in ss isnt gone from the game.

There will still be low or high rolls. which is rng. If an item drops or not is rng too.

In general there is a lot of rng in pve already (besides soulshields).
Think of boxes with weapons, weapon drops. drops in mats, daily dash,

min/max xp evolve etc.

What I would like to see is that when it  is recommended to get for example naryu 1, 4, 6 and 8 for its offensive stats (like crit),

than I obviously dont want it to roll block instead of crit.

So the change would be that the stat hp/crit/etc. is not rng and that only the amount you get of that stat is rng (low, medium or high roll).

I dont care much about the absolute maxed out roll. I do care about getting crit on a soulshield when you want the crit version.

It sucks when it rolls block instead.

Would this change really hurt those who want rng?

They can still do the trying to get highest rolls to satisfy their care for rng in soulshields/a game.

There are tables which ensure you to have the stats you want unlike lab tables. For example yeti 7 always has critt but you wanna roll max, asura 8 always has critt, yeti/beido 3 for example has rng rool but very good critt if you are lucky.

With 400atk and lab SS the game differs from lvl 50. With lvl 50 the yeti/asura/beido/naksun tables have less hp than naryu but they can give you more DD since you don't need HP for PvE.

In RU server times ppl used a high critt low HP set for PvE since its all about DD, in EU the lab SS got buffed so hard it's considered one of the best 45SS in raw stats which made people confused if they should change to yeti SS.

Btw you can run yeti with your AP but the community will flame you a lot since they call it leeching if someone under 500ap does 6m yeti, so you better go with your patient Guild and watch a guide before

I would recommend using any Soul Shield parts that you can until you are level 50. Then simply spam Avalanche Den and Awakened Necropolis for Soul Shield parts. My own preference at lvl 50 was 1 2 4 or 1 2 6 necro and rest Yeti but not sure if this was the best one though.

Archived