Launcher not launching? Anyone else having this?

Yaong

I can't get online, I get this message: 

2z7hggj.jpg

Is anyone else having this? Figures this would happen after redeeming my free premium membership >.> I thought I should come ask here first before submitting a ticket in case this is a mass problem...

Maybe this fix will work for you as it worked for me, mind you my windows 7 is fresh and only have BnS installed without much else and I still got the error for some reason after update 2 weeks ago...

This error may be due to issues with your DNS, proxy settings or a firewall.  To resolve this, try the following temporary workaround:

1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
  2. Copy the file "hosts" to your desktop by right-clicking and selecting Copy. Next, right-click on your Desktop and select Paste.
  3. Once this file has been copied to your Desktop, right-click this file and open it with Notepad or Notepad ++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org)
  4. At the bottom of this file, type in the following information:
    64.25.35.23 updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com
  5. Save the file by clicking File then Save.
  6. Once saved, copy the file back to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc and replace the existing file if prompted.

Once completed, start your game again by double clicking the game shortcut on your Desktop.

Please note: This is only a temporary workaround and you will have to remove this line once the issue has been resolved.

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE FILE PLS :P

gl

3 minutes ago, Kazeshinime said:

Maybe this fix will work for you as it worked for me, mind you my windows 7 is fresh and only have BnS installed without much else and I still got the error for some reason after update 2 weeks ago...

This error may be due to issues with your DNS, proxy settings or a firewall.  To resolve this, try the following temporary workaround:

1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
  2. Copy the file "hosts" to your desktop by right-clicking and selecting Copy. Next, right-click on your Desktop and select Paste.
  3. Once this file has been copied to your Desktop, right-click this file and open it with Notepad or Notepad ++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org)
  4. At the bottom of this file, type in the following information:
    64.25.35.23 updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com
  5. Save the file by clicking File then Save.
  6. Once saved, copy the file back to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc and replace the existing file if prompted.

Once completed, start your game again by double clicking the game shortcut on your Desktop.

Please note: This is only a temporary workaround and you will have to remove this line once the issue has been resolved.

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE FILE PLS :P

gl

I did that and also rebooted my computer and modem together and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks!

Archived