Forums

Chi level

Supernavah

Your Chi level is shown alongside your buffs. Early on, you only get chi levels from using Iron Shoulder. Once you start getting skill points, you can put points into Howling Blast, Elbow Smash, Displace, and Burning Tundra/Whirlwind. You also learn Focus Chi at 28 which gives you 5 stacks instantly.

On 6/23/2016 at 4:54 PM, Skelter said:

Your Chi level is shown alongside your buffs. Early on, you only get chi levels from using Iron Shoulder. Once you start getting skill points, you can put points into Howling Blast, Elbow Smash, Displace, and Burning Tundra/Whirlwind. You also learn Focus Chi at 28 which gives you 5 stacks instantly.

I've been wondering this too.  The descriptions of the skills don't mention accumulating Chi, except for Iron Shoulder and Focus Chi.  Seems like they need to update the descriptions.  Some skills mention accumulating Energy.  Is that the same?  At what levels of these skills start giving you Chi?

Does anyone know how to see the icon name under the skill/ status effect icons? I can see the icon for chi levels but it is hard to tell what stage I am on without hovering over the icon. 

Ways to gain chi levels:

Focus Chi x5 chi 

Awakened Iron Shoulder X5 chi

Iron shoulder

Burning tundra/whirlwind

Howling blast

Displace

You can proc iron shoulder two ways. The first way is to crit with cobalt punch (rbm) every 6 seconds. The second way is to use right punch (rbm) to gain energy stacks. When you get 10 energy you enter full bloom status and can use iron shoulder. The hm skill for right punch gives you 2 energy stacks if you are standing behind the enemy which makes this the fastest way to gain chi levels with iron shoulder. 

8 hours ago, Buzzirk said:

I've been wondering this too.  The descriptions of the skills don't mention accumulating Chi, except for Iron Shoulder and Focus Chi.  Seems like they need to update the descriptions.  Some skills mention accumulating Energy.  Is that the same?  At what levels of these skills start giving you Chi?

Howling Blast (Form1 Tier3)

Elbow Smash (Form3 Tier4)

Displace (Form2 Tier3)

Burning Tundra/Whirlwind (Form1 Tier4/Form3 Tier4)

13 hours ago, Skelter said:

Howling Blast (Form1 Tier3)

Elbow Smash (Form3 Tier4)

Displace (Form2 Tier3)

Burning Tundra/Whirlwind (Form1 Tier4/Form3 Tier4)

COOL!  Thanks.

I'm finding that it's challenging to keep Chi built up.  You can build it up several levels then if you don't get it next round all go away.   The buff lasts very little time.

Archived