Sign in to follow this  
DeaHamlet

AFK-ers now even talk back...

Recommended Posts

NCSOFT, your players fear you so little they AFK in dungeons and even talk back with impudence while they leech... 

 

Seen arseholes in Whirlwind talking smack back while sitting at base.

Seen arseholes talk back in 50s blue dungeons hanging out at the entry.

 

And most of the people I see with legendaries AFK at the dungeon entry. I guess that's how you get the phat loots... off of the back of other players.

 

Disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reaper00   

Just do what I do and leave the party and start over. If you carry on and complete the dungeon for them you will only be encouraging them (and others) to do it again.

 

I have occasionally reported them as bots as well, but those were the ones that didn't talk back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmbyChan   
1 hour ago, Reaper00 said:

Just do what I do and leave the party and start over. If you carry on and complete the dungeon for them you will only be encouraging them (and others) to do it again.

 

I have occasionally reported them as bots as well, but those were the ones that didn't talk back.

u can report bots even if they dont talk..
"name"  in chat.. & that links their profile..& as usual Right clicking gives u options to report.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laneera   
1 hour ago, Reaper00 said:

Just do what I do and leave the party and start over. If you carry on and complete the dungeon for them you will only be encouraging them (and others) to do it again.

 

I have occasionally reported them as bots as well, but those were the ones that didn't talk back.

It's often hard to tell if someone is an AFK leech or just stuck on a loading screen, what with how buggy the game is in that respect. By the time you've established they're a leech you're often already too far in to want to quit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reaper00   
3 minutes ago, Laneera said:

It's often hard to tell if someone is an AFK leech or just stuck on a loading screen, what with how buggy the game is in that respect. By the time you've established they're a leech you're often already too far in to want to quit...

True, but i do usually give them 3 minutes before I come to the conclusion that they are AFK. As for being to far to start over, i've restarted a run when I was at the last boss numerous times because of AFK'ers. I'd rather start over than have some lazy noob take advantage of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arohk   
5 hours ago, DeaHamlet said:

And most of the people I see with legendaries AFK at the dungeon entry. I guess that's how you get the phat loots... off of the back of other players.

 

Disgusting.

thats how the world works my child, you don't become rich by hard work, but letting others work hard for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laneera   
5 minutes ago, Arohk said:

thats how the world works my child, you don't become rich by hard work, but letting others work hard for you.

It's fine if the real world works like that but unlike the real world, there is a company that could make things fair by actually making griefing like that punishable with a ban. They don't because people who pay to win to the degree of having 700+ AP are their big source of income so they'd rather leave them alone even if it annoys people who spend less..

 

Just to be clear: I'm not making a fuss about making money. I pay for premium and have from the start and I've spent enough money in the store to be at premium rank 6. I just don't think the amount you spend should have any effect on the way you're treated when you make life hard for others, and right now it seems like it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shintuan   

This is why I say we should have a general report feature in game like pretty much every other mmo. Put a reason why you're reporting them and have the mods look at it. If someones reported several times for being a sleezy leach afking at the start of a dungeon then they should get punished in some regard for intentionally griefing other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cool part about them saying stuff to you while being jerks is that is actionable by NC support.  Screenshot it and send to support email.  The more toxic they are the longer then bans they can get.  One complete jackass telling the party to hurry up and finish as he had better things to do and the show he was watching was almost over messaged me after his 7day ban was over to tell me some rather salty things about myself.  Needless to say that convo went to support as well.  I blocked him at that point so not sure what he earned himself as a follow up :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laneera   
21 hours ago, Shintuan said:

This is why I say we should have a general report feature in game like pretty much every other mmo. Put a reason why you're reporting them and have the mods look at it. If someones reported several times for being a sleezy leach afking at the start of a dungeon then they should get punished in some regard for intentionally griefing other players.

But this would require actual work and NCSoft would rather just cash in from the store and sit back while the money rolls in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eunye   

I hope we get a report system soon cause this is ridiculous lmao 100% of the leechers I've come across have been at least hm5+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abysmal   
23 hours ago, Randomonium said:

The cool part about them saying stuff to you while being jerks is that is actionable by NC support.  Screenshot it and send to support email.  The more toxic they are the longer then bans they can get.  One complete jackass telling the party to hurry up and finish as he had better things to do and the show he was watching was almost over messaged me after his 7day ban was over to tell me some rather salty things about myself.  Needless to say that convo went to support as well.  I blocked him at that point so not sure what he earned himself as a follow up :)

Unfortunately this also works both ways. If you talk smack to the AFKer, they can also screenshot it and report you for harassment instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yetan   
On 6/23/2016 at 7:39 AM, Laneera said:

It's fine if the real world works like that but unlike the real world, there is a company that could make things fair by actually making griefing like that punishable with a ban. They don't because people who pay to win to the degree of having 700+ AP are their big source of income so they'd rather leave them alone even if it annoys people who spend less..

It always baffles me how hard it is for someone to get kill credit in some instances, and how easy it is for someone to AFK and do nothing for free credit in other instances. The logic in some of the game design just doesn't make sense to me.

 

I'm not going to stereotype AFKers as high AP players. I've seen AFK leechers in all levels of gear, so I don't see this issue as favoring "high rollers". It is just poor game design. However, I do feel that the game designers lost their vision and value of the game while chasing dollars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another takes the cake the other day... Hm 7, 500 +ap....walking to each entrance to get credit for all the poharan bosses without doing a thing. Just wow. 

 

He got carried by a whole bunch of hm1 and 2...

Edited by DeaHamlet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laneera   
On 24-6-2016 at 5:42 PM, Yetan said:

It always baffles me how hard it is for someone to get kill credit in some instances, and how easy it is for someone to AFK and do nothing for free credit in other instances. The logic in some of the game design just doesn't make sense to me.

Indeed... The 1%-damage-for-kill-credit-rule is absolutely moronic in SSP and other highly contested areas but it would actually make sense for 4-mans and 6-mans. If you're not doing at least 1% of the damage there, you're just messing about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guinte   

AFK legendary weapon that are the ones that give me more anger knowing that their attack power can do it alone but nope
just go looking for party and stay afk awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dklm   

Yeah, I was in dungeon finder and had 3 people in group. Then the 4th shows up and has like 600 AP.  I stay in queue and that 600 AP guy says GO IN.  I start and when we get in he AFKs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dklm said:

Yeah, I was in dungeon finder and had 3 people in group. Then the 4th shows up and has like 600 AP.  I stay in queue and that 600 AP guy says GO IN.  I start and when we get in he AFKs.

I know this is upsetting but for some reason...it makes me laugh...His troll level is high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this