Character Profile Photo

unkoneo

Here I am trying to set a profile picture now that the function is apparently fixed and about 18 times out of 20 the image taken in-game isn't allowed to be uploaded due to 'unsupported media type'

??? ?? ?????

7 minutes ago, Laoshottie said:

Works for me, taking new pics and applying

The only thing that I can imagine might be affecting mine is the fact I have boosted anti aliasing - Do you use boosted graphics or the default game graphics?

I took a picture just a second ago and tried to add it as profile picture. I was on my new Soul Fighter and so I decided to change on my other character on the same account. Took picture and tried to upload. Bam, it worked. Then decided to try out on my Summoner. Didn't work again. Maybe only those characters that had previously profile picture can have their pictures uploaded?

Took a ton more images and even deleted the CharacterShot folder images get saved in. After having done that about 5 images were saved with no problem, thinking it was fixed I switched over to my summoner to test if taking images there worked - zilch. Not working again. Two photos later - working again.

This seems extremely buggy for me and the likelihood of images actually uploading seems about 5%,,

--

And another new outcome! After the system saying 'Character Photo Uploaded' The image never loads upon refreshing the page and occasionally one of those image failed to load boxes appear in the top left. I guess I'll just keep reporting back if anything else strange happens.

Ok now I know something weird is up with this new system. Even while attempting to use an image that had previously uploaded successfully with no issues it now fails to upload.

?????????? ncsoft what did you do? ? ????? 

--

And now 'The service is temporarily unavailable.' farewell profile images

5 minutes ago, unkoneo said:

Ok now I know something weird is up with this new system. Even while attempting to use an image that had previously uploaded successfully with no issues it now fails to upload.

?????????? ncsoft what did you do? ? ????? 

--

And now 'The service is temporarily unavailable.' farewell profile images

They mentioned that only new images can be uploaded now.  What they mentioned in it might also be my issue since its not showing up anymore.

3 minutes ago, kitcalie said:

They mentioned that only new images can be uploaded now.  What they mentioned in it might also be my issue since its not showing up anymore.

I know that since I've been taking fresh images since the patch - to no avail.

lol its atucally not hard to find ... just entered cross server and pressed like 5 names 3 of them already had custom images... 2 anime and one ... blade and soul picture but not a typical rpfile pic...but rather a ss of sitting in the grass

Archived