Planning your Hongmoon Training event

ElectricPotato

Make sure you plan ahead!  10 bundle of charms/day means you should start to claim at least 10 days before the event is scheduled to end.  July 9th at the latest, maybe earlier if you're play time is limited/daily reset is unfamiliar.

• If you want enough currency for the peridot, set aside 60 charms for 1 character.
  • Plan enough days you can do the daily challenge on that character(3pouches weekday/5pouches  weekend, if a week is composed of 2weekend days@5, and 5 weekdays@3, 25 pouches a week, so, get a solid 3weeks of challenges in for 75 pouches.  4weekdays@3per, 3weekend@5per would be 27, just over 2weeks in that case.).  You want to be able do a solid 2-3weeks of daily challenge.
  • The event currency peridot is character bound, so do it on the character you want it on. Other gems event gems from the pouch have been tweeted to be account bound.
  • The ncoin/hongshop reset does not occur at the same time as the daily quest reset.

Event is a little awkward  without planning, but the proper consideration should help you to smoothly achieve the results you're hoping for.  Maybe NCsoft will be friendly and make more charms available(w/less limited time periods) to their customers with multiple character slots of 50's that complete the daily challenge regularly so they don't have 100's of unusable pouches leftover at the end of the event.

A week either breaks down 1 of 2 ways

5 weekdays, 2 weekenddays

or

4 weekdays, 3 weekenddays

the first case would be a possible yield of (5x3  +  2x5), or 25 pouches per week from completing daily challenge every day

the second case would yield 27 pouches

6 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

(3weekday/5 weekend, if a week is 2weekend days@5, and 5 weekdays@3, 25 pouches a week, so, get a solid 3weeks of challenges in for 75 pouches.  4weekdays@3per, 3weekend@5per would be 27, just over 2weeks in that case.).

I read this sentence 3 times and didn't understand a word. Am i dumb?

21 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

I read this sentence 3 times and didn't understand a word. Am i dumb?

You are not the only one.

I think OP meant:

In 1 week, you get 25 pouches because: (5 weekdays x 3pouch per weekdays = ) 15 + (2 weekend days x 5 pouches per day =  ) 10

In short, it's best to do the daily challenges on the character that you want to get the gem in Dragon Express since it's character bound (same for tickets and pouch)

Any other gems that you are (lucky enough) getting from the pouch, you can either use it on that same character or send it off to another one on the same account since the gems from pouch is Account Bound.

@Rukkirii, @Babbletr0n, @Bronn etc. pp.: Are you really serious with limiting the puchasable amount of Hongmoon Training Unsealing Charms to 100? There are many players with Alts since playing only one class gets really boring. Now, we have to decide which of our characters should get the Peridot since you need 60 Tickets to buy it. I do understand that you want to generate money and thus want to encourage players to buy CS- and HM-Resets, but couldn't you at least enable us to get the Peridot on at least two characters; increasing the amount of purchasable Unsealing Charms by 20 to 120? The Peridots aren't even account-tradeable. You could at least be that kind, couldn't you? We were at least able to get event-gems on more than one character during the Valentine's-Day-Event...

Having to unlock pouches that you already looted is stupid in itself. If the amount of items received from that is too high, tweak the droprate. Don't make the whole thing more awkward by requiring people to "buy" a set of free items from the store which they can't even get in one go, all in hopes that you can actually spend all tokens (in case you don't play alts) and/or in hopes that you get enough tokens to open all your pouches with (in case you do play alts).

As usual with every single event so far, things are awkward. Can't an event ever just be simple? Do X, get a chance for Y to drop, be done with it?

Archived