i think thats it

Allycat

guys is there any mmo out there now that isnt a money grabbing bag company like ncsoft? i mean like a game like star citizen where the creators actually love gaming and want there game to be for the gamers.. i just cant deal with greed anymore i cant play this game again or any of your games to come ncsoft you have done nothing but *cricket* the west over the sad part is the games you make have so much potential but always you want more money, i only wish i had what i needed to create a game/world where you could escape to and forget the greed and sadness this real world offers.. i dont even know if i can get started on another game invest my time  into just to be cheated

why cant humans be awesome 

To be honest, what I see when I look at Star Citizen is a massive scam.

I suggest SWTOR as a game where you get full access to everything for a flat-rate monthly fee half of which you get back in the game-currency. If you have never played it, it has a huge variety of gameplay options and support any playstyle, from completely solo to only PvP to only dungeons. It's probably lightly populated for the summer, but you can level up in peace, get your gear and play through the 8 class stories while the folks are coming back :)

1 minute ago, United17 said:

The downside is the subscription is really more or less necessary if you really want to play.

Don't play it without sub, but if you pay sub, you will be all set from day 1 to do anything at all whatsoever, no matter what it is you want to do. Just play on the Harbinger if in NA.

2 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

To be honest, what I see when I look at Star Citizen is a massive scam.

I suggest SWTOR as a game where you get full access to everything for a flat-rate monthly fee half of which you get back in the game-currency. If you have never played it, it has a huge variety of gameplay options and support any playstyle, from completely solo to only PvP to only dungeons. It's probably lightly populated for the summer, but you can level up in peace, get your gear and play through the 8 class stories while the folks are coming back :)

Ya you can try that, I've player SWtoR since launch, they have some shady things going on in their Cartel Market, the in game store, but one thing it's definitely not is P2W. You can also buy and sell almost every item in the cash shop for in game credits.

The downside is the subscription is really more or less necessary if you really want to play.

To be fair, gaming companies are businesses and money is their bottom line. It is just that some do it less obviously than others. In my experience, I feel more pressured to spend money in a free-to-play game than a pay-to-play game, but I see it because I've already paid in a pay-to-play game. Then, even in a pay-to-play game, there is always the debate over whether you get your money's worth.

Basically, everything comes down to whether you think a game is worth the money and time you spend. We all have different views and values. If you don't think it is worth it any more, just stop playing and walk away. We play games for fun, and that's the most important.

Since I'm somewhat biased towards pay-to-play games, I'd suggest World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy 14, if you haven't tried them. In my opinion, WoW is more for exploration and everything before end-game is solo-able, and FF14 is more story-oriented before level capped. (Yeah, I know WoW has in-depth lore and history, but you can do all the quests without even reading any quest text.) If you are more into PvP, neither is that great though.

42 minutes ago, Allycat said:

i only wish i had what i needed to create a game/world where you could escape to and forget the greed and sadness this real world offers..

Many people do, and they write books. Sadly  no business in today's world is there to make a quality product, they are a business for the sake of doing business. They have forgotten their obligation to the customer to make the customer WANT to do business with them. It all began with the greed of planned obsolescence. In the US this was fought somewhat by auto makers having to keep parts for X years to repair cars, and I think France passed law for home apliances that rquire them to put the number of year one should last, as well have part for 15 years to repair them.

I doubt you will find a video game that does this unless it is single player offline game, because the companies need to micro purchase greed you to death in order to maintain servers.  The world the way it is run is just not a good place for real humans to live in thanks to politicians, business types like producers, managers and CEOs, health care trying to turn everything into greed capitalism. Taking advantage of other people is what the world does today and all it understands down to trying to rip people off on our basic needs. (see Mazlo's heirarchy of needs)

Blade and Soul:

1) If you like 1v1 pvp. They have 3v3 but you don't get to fight all at once. Think of it like tekken tag. lol. It's the same concept. On Battleground, I feel this game isn't meant for that. but that's just my point of view as a veteran player. World Pvp isn't as good in my opinion.

2) If you like grindfest games. I remember a few days ago I was farming for a weapon upgrade that cost 1000g if I buy if off out of auction house. Practically you can farm 20-50 a day and still have a life. after the upgrade, I felt so burnt out and unsatisfied. Why? bc the damage output difference was only 10-15 atk power. I know that 10-15 atk power is a big deal in this game but.... idk. lol.

3) it feels very repetitive everyday. Wake up, grind gold... sleep. rinse repeat. 

4) gear progression doesn't matter when you 1v1 or 3v3 pvp arena. 

World of Warcraft: (Note* I just started to play wow and I'm just getting this info from other players that are veterans and videos)

1) A more balanced game. It has massive content and I think almost everybody knows that.

2) Pvp isn't as good as blade and soul in terms of 1v1. Open world Pvp and BG are a lot better here, I feel. It feels so epic.

3) Some people say gear progression is a lot satisfying

The only game I could really suggest is Guild Wars 2...despite their conversion to the free-to-play model a while back. I personally consider the buy-to-play model the best overall. But if you like what you see, then buying the expansion (since I'm not sure you can just buy the core game anymore) should release whatever annoying restrictions the free-to-play accounts have.

(Just as I finish that, I see ander01se's post. Now I feel redundant.)

One thing about GW2, if you dont belong to the top 3 servers, the outside world is dead and you are left to do arena and battleground. server vs server it is. you check the world vs wrold map, your server is only 10% and the remaining active servers occupy the most. top 3 servers are Full and you cannot create a new account. I like GW2 because of the WvW thing, but if you will check the forums its dead now unless your on the top server

Archived