Arena ping

Donthink

As it comes PING in BnS is probably the most important stat in pvp as some of skills require fraction of the second to be used effectively. And in arena you can feel PING  difference between players more than anywhere else. So just idea/suggestion- would it be possible to even out PING during match according to player who have the highest ping on that match. Or maybe, at very least, to set lowest delay (ping) limit according to average PING on servers. As while doing arena matches with 100 ms vs player who lives  near servers and have like 10 ms ping is close to impossible to fight efficiently even if so said player's reaction equals to sloth's.

why on earth get them to mess with ping, thats completely retarded idea bro. they just need to put them very short arms in them deep pockets and actually spend money on decent servers. they wont do it until they are completely hounded by the community.

23 minutes ago, Donthink said:

As while doing arena matches with 100 ms vs player who lives  near servers and have like 10 ms ping is close to impossible to fight efficiently even if so said player's reaction equals to sloth's.

With the way it is today, NCS NA has it good because it requires the high 200ms+ ping players to "Buy-2-Win", since they need at least 600AP just to get anywhere near a 350-400AP player that lives <25ms from the sever.

1 hour ago, Allycat said:

why on earth get them to mess with ping, thats completely retarded idea bro. they just need to put them very short arms in them deep pockets and actually spend money on decent servers. they wont do it until they are completely hounded by the community.

You can invest millions into server but ping still won't be any better as it depends purely on distance between server and player, the only thing that would make difference is setting direct fiber cable from server to players which is impossible. However, setting equal ping/limit should be possible just by changing software options and what it would give is that both opponents in arena would have same time to react instead of one having 1 /10 th (usually its even worse than that) time compared to one who lives near the server.

if your from eu and your on eu server you shouldnt lag... arena lags like crazy then you will get 5 matches with 0 lag its the spikes that is driving players to quit and just give up with the game, if like i said they spent better money on better servers rather then give us these crappy servers to save money... dont ever stick up for ncsoft, ever

39 minutes ago, Allycat said:

if your from eu and your on eu server you shouldnt lag... arena lags like crazy then you will get 5 matches with 0 lag its the spikes that is driving players to quit and just give up with the game, if like i said they spent better money on better servers rather then give us these crappy servers to save money... dont ever stick up for ncsoft, ever

I think you misunderstood about what i am talking. It's not about fps lag it's about delay, time needed for data to reach server and come back to your pc, the higher distance is from you and server the more time it needs to make this trip. That said if you hold up data before sending to the closer living user by lets say 50ms and the same data will be sent to further living user without hold up, the data end up reaching both users at same time giving equal time for reaction.

The lag you are talking/described is most likely because of your hardware - slower read speeds on damaged hard drive sectors, low amount of ram or simply because of heat increase in system after more intense use of system for longer time (this most likely).

6 minutes ago, Donthink said:

I think you misunderstood about what i am talking. It's not about fps lag it's about delay, time needed for data to reach server and come back to your pc, the higher distance is from you and server the more time it needs to make this trip. That said if you hold up data before sending to the closer living user by lets say 50ms and the same data will be sent to further living user without hold up, the data end up reaching both users at same time giving equal time for reaction.

The lag you are talking/described is most likely because of your hardware - slower read speeds on damaged hard drive sectors, low amount of ram or simply because of heat increase in system after more intense use of system for longer time (this most likely).

i dont have any fps problems i live in england and never really lagged until past 2 weeks in arena, in 2 weeks something not my end has changed.

Archived