Has the game improved these past 4 months?

Yaong

Hi everyone! This is not a QQ or hating on BnS thread.

Back when I was still playing BnS, the game was quite bad server/client wise for some people, specially for those using AMD stuff from what I could tell when it came to game performance. Too many random DCs, bots everywhere (mainly in the arena), crashing randomly, FPS stuttering, economy crashing (which is the least of the concerns, it is bound to happen after all), all that. I actually like the game a lot, but I was forced to quit because I just couldn't take it anymore having to pretty much re-do half of the dailies everyday, and the support team is pretty much just a bunch of people CTRL+V'ing every reply (no offense here, but it certainly feels like it). I'm from Soha server, and the server was pretty much dead already too by the time I left. How are the other servers like Mushin and such? Still crowded?

Has anything improved these past 3 to 4 months?  Or is there any sort of fix out there now that I'm not aware of? (I've pretty much tried everything available at the time before I quit)

I really, really wanna play the Soulfighter when it comes out just like I wanted to play the Warlock, but with all the issues me and some other people were having it was just impossible to stay.

Thank you, and have a great day!

While new content has been released, I wouldn't call it an improvement.

Bad performance/disconnects? Still there.

Hackers/bots in arena? Still there, though fewer seem to be about.

Economy? Still terrible, and that's not even considering that you have a lot of catch up to do.

Also keep in mind that green dungeons were removed from cross server, so leveling an alt or starting on a new server just got easier...not.

Now, if you are a casual player (and really casual at that), the above might not affect your experience.

I have recently returned to the game after taking 3 month off since starting at early access.  My friends and I quit when we saw  NCSofts handling of the bots and hacks and the drop in quality of the game.  I am on Soha server so I can only speak for what my experience has been there so far since coming back.  In the week since coming back I have noted a drastic decrease in the number of bots around bosses, in the general regions and at entrances to dungeons.  I think at most I saw were 4 bots running around not doing anything in particular and like 3 others standing at one of the daily quest givers.  I never expect bots to disappear however they are no where near the amount they were at when I left.  

In arena out of the 15 matches I have played so far (I don't pvp a lot)  I don't think I have faced a bot/hacker yet.  However I have faced 3 afk people or people who would afk after losing the first round.  Not sure if these are bots or players who just give up after 1 round.  It is nice not having to face a legion of destro bots anymore.  I even managed to defeat some summoners too so I am pretty thrilled about that.  I didn't notice any lag when doing arena, but then again I don't have the ping reading up for me to see.  Nothing lag wise stood out to me in arena.

As for the main quest I have noticed that voices and text dialog match up way better then I remember.  There a few misses here and there but not like I remember where the voice actor was saying one thing and the text says another. 

I also noticed that my guy now has more facial animations outside of the normal stare straight ahead dead glare.  His eyes now move around and he makes little smirks before going into the more elaborate animations.  

Overall I would say the game has improved in the last 3 months and I am impressed with what I have seen so far, though this is how it should have been to begin with.  I am still wary of NCSoft and they won't be getting a good amount of money from me till I have more time to observe the game.  However if it keeps up then maybe.. just maybe I can see doing a 1 month sub or maybe some ncoins as a way to pat NCsoft on the head for putting in some effort after everything that happened.  

Wow so far looks like they haven't done much other than a few tweaks and content, huh? Well, I'm reinstalling BnS in hopes that I'll be able to move for an hour without crashing every 10 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Yaong said:

the game was quite bad server/client wise for some people, specially for those using AMD stuff from what I could tell when it came to game performance. Too many random DCs,

Nothing has changed with this, they just added more content which makes for heavier load on CPU, and worse connections. Maybe after everyone has quit and they catch up to Korea releases, then they will work on the other issues that NA/EU have like multitudes of PC setups and massive numbers of ISPs that don't work together for better service for all.

First of all we all have to realize that here's no ideal game out there. Sure, it would be great if we had no bots, or spammers, or hackers or if the servers were better, or if the best mmo's  were REALLY f2p, or ..or...or... but that's not the case. Every game has its flaws one way or another.  I know I might sound a bit harsh here, but If you couldn't keep up for whatever reason with a game that came out just 5 months ago and you quitted, then you will quit again for sure. You don't have to even bother yourself with BnS anymore, better look for something that MIGHT be a bit closer to your "ideal" game. Take it as an advice, honestly..

There haven't really been any server or performance improvements. If you scroll a few pages back you can see where a number of players used ping mapping to show the intense spikes that continually occur both on NA and EU that aren't present when they play other games. In terms of performing better with hardware, I don't recall anything being mentioned on that point other than them working to fix the issue with their anti-hack software flagging Razr software, etc.

I have been playing since yesterday and I did notice a few small improvements. For starters it wasn't DCing or crashing every 15 minutes, in fact it only stopped responding a few minutes ago when I teleported and I guess that's my PCs fault, not the Client's. However, the FPS stuttering is still going on. Not as much as I recall, but it still does happen, specially when engaging in combat. The loading screens don't take forever so much now, it's noticeably faster. The economy isn't as sucky from what I can tell right now. And something that has never happened before happened too: people were actually nice to each other and actually chatty on faction chat, and very helpful as well. I even got a freebie at some point! Still, I do hope it improves way more performance-wise, as for right now to me (a person who doesn't have an overkill PC or whatever) it's somewhat playable for casuals like me.

20 hours ago, Ethria said:

First of all we all have to realize that here's no ideal game out there. Sure, it would be great if we had no bots, or spammers, or hackers or if the servers were better, or if the best mmo's  were REALLY f2p, or ..or...or... but that's not the case. Every game has its flaws one way or another.  I know I might sound a bit harsh here, but If you couldn't keep up for whatever reason with a game that came out just 5 months ago and you quitted, then you will quit again for sure. You don't have to even bother yourself with BnS anymore, better look for something that MIGHT be a bit closer to your "ideal" game. Take it as an advice, honestly..

I somewhat agree with you to a certain point. It's true no game is perfect and every game has its flaws. My first MMORPG ever was Perfect World and that game to me was perfect in every way back in the day (lol I sound so old), I simply loved it, met great people, had tons of fun. After they started shoving in crappy updates, OP classes and OP gear, the game died and now only rude truck drivers willing to spend their weekly income on their characters are playing the game and making the company rich. I've met people who would spend 500+ dollars every week or so to buy lucky packs and whatnot, and they would rule and ruin the in-game economy so no F2P could keep up. The rich only get richer in the game, and the ones that can't keep up are bound to either swipe their credit cards as well or quit. 

So, my point with all that is: I totally agree with you about the flaws. Don't get me wrong, I like how NCSoft is handling BnS economy/cash-shopping/F2P wise, I have absolutely NO complaints when it comes to anything other than the performance glitches and their dull/ctrl+v support replies. And I do understand these things are bound to happen sometimes, specially if the game is "new" to us and that it has been out for 5 months only. I didn't quit out of hate, I quit because it was impossible to play performance wise. Like I said, I love the game so that's why I started this thread and reinstalled it, but the crashing/DCs/FPS drop was making it literally impossible to play. I don't want BnS to end up like Perfect World, it's the first game I've truly waited for years (ever since it launched in KR) so I'm being patient when it comes to waiting for a fix or whatnot. I could just rebel and rage against NCsoft like everyone else claiming they don't do anything (although it does feel like it sometimes), but I understand.  I could just quit for real and find myself a new game, but I like this one, and I'm willing to wait if it eventually gets a fix, but as for supporting it while it's this "bad" for some people... that's another story.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, I just wanted you to get the right idea.

they really have improved quite a lot actually on the pay to win side of things anyway. they also downgraded arena servers in the past week or so, you know they have kids to feed at ncsoft right ? they gotta make cut backs :) but hey i only recived 39 friend requests this morning from bots and only a few spammers spammed me they really are working hard on that side of things

It got worse, because gear gap increased from ~ the width of the Grand Canyon to about half-distance to the moon. So, the estimated time for getting Okay gear went from 'long' to 'improbable prior to retirment'

But I see less bots in SSP.

4 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

It got worse, because gear gap increased from ~ the width of the Grand Canyon to about half-distance to the moon. So, the estimated time for getting Okay gear went from 'long' to 'improbable prior to retirment'

But I see less bots in SSP.

Or just sell your car and wait for the next "event", events seem to be slot machine pop ups on my screen where I pay big monies to see more slots, how fun!

6 minutes ago, United17 said:

Or just sell your car and wait for the next "event", events seem to be slot machine pop ups on my screen where I pay big monies to see more slots, how fun!

I'd rather quit than pay $1000 to gear up a character in BnS. I don't think there is a game out there that is worth it. I would pay sub up to $20/month to support a game that pleases me. BnS does not qualify.

Now, Jade Empire with BnS landscape art (and revised character art) and combat system and with all dungeons being 24M mode, yeah, that would qualify.

Archived