Merge inactive servers?

Ornata

Ncsoft said changing char bound items to acc bound is difficult. Soooo i wouldnt get your hopes up for a server merge. Hell its taking them more than half a year to make a server change pass. were still 3 months away from it at the soonest...

Things that would be simple for other games are really difficult for ncsoft to implement. If you are on a dead server or a server that is dying all you can do is re roll on mushin / windrest. or wait out for the server change pass lol. Glad i picked mushin off the bat.

when server transfers release, we'll have so many dead servers though. that's not really good solution for anything.. they'd have to merge when they release transfers, or keep servers running purely for a select few

15 minutes ago, Ornata said:

when server transfers release, we'll have so many dead servers though. that's not really good solution for anything.. they'd have to merge when they release transfers, or keep servers running purely for a select few

That's their purpose.

By doing a server merge, they will have many things to do, and players feel forced.

By releasing server transfer, they allow players to have time to prepare for themselves, in-game and mentally. And they make some buck from selling the service.

After the server transfer, there will be dead servers. When that happens, they will just simply merge these servers to active ones, and have less headache to deal with due to fewer player's complaints.

Releasing a server transfer voucher would be very detrimental to the servers with medium-low population because then all the free to play users who can't rack up the gold (or manage to sell for Hongmoon coins) to fund a server transfer are stuck in an empty server. 

I wish they'd merge servers. There are way too many. Transfers are not per account, they are always per character, so it's going to cost a lot to consolidate everyone on Mushin and Windrest. Would be nice, if they'd just rolled everything up in 4 servers per region.

Archived