Taken ingame names

Streamline

Im about to make a new character, a blade master. But the 5 names i want to use on that account is taken by someone else. All of these character names are used by players between lvl 1-20. Is it possible to have a wipe on inactive players(username)? So other players can take their name.

1 of the names i want is hold by the user Kingo, who have following character names Sandor Clegane(lvl 4) And Margaery Bartheon(level4)

Probably not.

I mean, i would love if its possible, because put something after Ketsura, it's something i do when im doing a alt, not main.

The "Ketsura" is a lvl 12 dude. I always get mad when I look in F2 his profile.

Wiping characters for reclaiming names at this point in time is a bit of a gray area.  When the game launched, one of the rewards people got for purchasing a founder's pack was name reservation.  So people may have paid money to reserve those names.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do an inactive character wipe down the road, but right now is probably still too soon to do so since the game just launched six months ago.

7 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

Wiping characters for reclaiming names at this point in time is a bit of a gray area.  When the game launched, one of the rewards people got for purchasing a founder's pack was name reservation.  So people may have paid money to reserve those names.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do an inactive character wipe down the road, but right now is probably still too soon to do so since the game just launched six months ago.

But being sincere, why someone spent money for reserve "Ketsura" and drop after only 12 levels o-o

You're not alone. My first choice got taken too, by some inactive German player who's highest lv character is lv 22... I don't think an inactive character wipe is going to happen soon though, the game itself isn't old either.

Well to bad that those players, didn't stick with it.. but a name wipe, after 6 months? nah, took wow 8 years, but then again, they didn't lock names to region.

But nothing we can do about that..

When I found the name "Auri" taken by a level 10, I just made it "Àuri" instead

I want to bring up another perspective to the issue. IF the character is the only character on that account i would say this might be the case that the person stopped playing or is taking a break but still if he comes at some point his character would've been deleted. But IF there is high level character on the account then maybe the low level character is simply alt on whom the player has no time to play at that point. Just pick a new name if the first one wasn't available because there are still alot of players in the game and it's quite common to have the name taken that you wanted.

I think bns should implement the same system that maplestory has, like u can have any name you want and you have a unique ID number, this can also help the exploit with the faction mask, for example u can only see the ID number of that player while he/she is wearing the mask, that can make a player reportable if he is hacking while wearing the mask but not revealing his real name.

Well my suggestion would be is by adding a last name, unless you trying to name your character "burger" or something, maybe it won't work.

But yeh, all my chracter has a first and last name (since it comes from my oc) so having their name taken is pretty unlikely. (Unless I only leave the first name, they'll be likely taken.)

Would be nice if they would release some names on inactive characters under lv5 in the near future. I know when I started, I wanted the name I use on the forums without the last part but was already taken so I just changed the first letter. Happened again on another character I created a month ago and just changed the last name. For the most part alot of the names I've chosen in BnS I claimed it first.

Should be lucky you not playing Black Desert. It took me 8 hours to come up with a family name that wasn't taken and I keep a long list of names. Trying to pick ones that are less likely to be taken and every last one of them were taken. Soon as I found one that wasn't taken, was even worse when I started coming up with names for my created characters that weren't taken. That was another 12 hours.

I wish they'd let me switch names with characters.  :p  I have names I reserved and used, but now can't because I decided I didn't want to main that class, but at the same time, I don't want to delete a level 45.

Hey everyone!

I am also picking quite popular names for my chars and have hard time for that because almost all of them are used..

I really would like to see a wipe for inactives or a inactive char name vipe (char stays, but name gets taken away, so when that person logs unlikely he has hes charbut has to name him). And I mean the inactives that droped a week or so after start.

Somethin similar Tera did on their servers when the gunner came out, and noone gave a sweat, all were happy.

To be fair to the people who used the booster packs or got an early start or name reservation, you could just give imunity to them, easy. But i dont think there is a founder player that is inactive with a low lvl char.

And not to mention all the f2p player accountsthat reserver the nicks to later sell them. 

The only thing for this to happen there needs to be a warning which gives a month or so time to log in their chars.

49 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I say no. Tough luck you cant get the name you want just deal with it. I bought the founder pack just because of that name reservation right and intend to keep all my names. 

+1.

Want a better name? Should have purchased a founders pack. Or think of a last name. Or think of something else.

Considering you had to pay $75 for 1 reserved name and $125 for 2 reserved names, there better not be any name wipes. At least for 2 years. The game is still new.

Even if the character(s) in question are level 1 or 2. It was well known before release that names were region based.

I'm not sure if other MMOs have a name-wiping policy. Maybe WoW like someone mentioned above, but dunno about other.

In my case, all of the single-word names I want are already taken. Two of them are already inactive. The fact that the name is sharing across servers in the same region just make it worse, as it limits greatly the name pool.

Solutions? Choose other names, hoping they aren't taken yet, or just attach something behind. A family name or a title. Momo is taken, so I go with Momo Kozuki. Maybe it isn't your cup of tea about two-word name, but I like my Momo with family name. :P

2 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I'm not sure if other MMOs have a name-wiping policy. Maybe WoW like someone mentioned above, but dunno about other.

In my case, all of the single-word names I want are already taken. Two of them are already inactive. The fact that the name is sharing across servers in the same region just make it worse, as it limits greatly the name pool.

Solutions? Choose other names, hoping they aren't taken yet, or just attach something behind. A family name or a title. Momo is taken, so I go with Momo Kozuki. Maybe it isn't your cup of tea about two-word name, but I like my Momo with family name. :P

I have a founders pack too but I use all my characters. I've played several different MMOs that have released names on low level characters after a certain period of time or usually before a expansion expecting new and/or returning players. I remember when WoW did it was just before WoD came out and Archeage before their last expansion came out. Always got an email about it. Mostly all you had to do was login on that character once before the event was over to keep your name. It didn't matter if you bought a founders pack or not, doesn't make sense to keep a name if you are never coming back. I logged into Archeage after the event, my name was flagged but I still kept my name since no one took it.

I think some of the reason name release events happen is to pull back players who long since quit to come check out all the new stuff in hopes of you picking it back up again in which I'm all for. Honestly though, BnS has been one of the few MMOs I've played that I have no problems with coming up with names especially since I don't go for the most popular ones anyway. I like mines to have their own style and I'm always coming up with new names for future characters and/or games. In other words, don't follow the herd when it comes to names, create your own unique style in a name.

Just now, Ziggy Nils said:

I have a founders pack too but I use all my characters. I've played several different MMOs that have released names on low level characters after a certain period of time or usually before a expansion expecting new and/or returning players. I remember when WoW did it was just before WoD came out and Archeage before their last expansion came out. Always got an email about it. Mostly all you had to do was login on that character once before the event was over to keep your name. It didn't matter if you bought a founders pack or not, doesn't make sense to keep a name if you are never coming back. I logged into Archeage after the event, my name was flagged but I still kept my name since no one took it.

I think some of the reason name release events happen is to pull back players who long since quit to come check out all the new stuff in hopes of you picking it back up again in which I'm all for. Honestly though, BnS has been one of the few MMOs I've played that I have no problems with coming up with names especially since I don't go for the most popular ones anyway. I like mines to have their own style and I'm always coming up with new names for future characters and/or games. In other words, don't follow the herd when it comes to names, create your own unique style in a name.

Thats the thing, people have no original ideas, 99% of the names are taken from Mangas / Animes where there is a badass character because someone thinks "oh ima use that name it will make me cool and badass"....it oesnt work that way xD

Not sure if you were around for the shitstorm that happened at the name reservation during game launch when a GM took the name Naruto before anyone else had a chance to?

Boy that was saltier than the salt mine.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Not sure if you were around for the shitstorm that happened at the name reservation during game launch when a GM took the name Naruto before anyone else had a chance to?

Boy that was saltier than the salt mine.

Yeah, I was around during that. I like cool and badass names but I make my own. Never from any anime, popular media, any Asian like names, and/or memes.

I would have loved to seen that shitstorm about the naruto name, too bad I missed it.

But yeh, start making last name guys, so you wouldn't have to go through having them taken..... unless you picked an anime first/last name.. ex: "naruto uzumaki" then I'd have nothing else to say, lol.

10 hours ago, HungryTaro said:

I would have loved to seen that shitstorm about the naruto name, too bad I missed it.

But yeh, start making last name guys, so you wouldn't have to go through having them taken..... unless you picked an anime first/last name.. ex: "naruto uzumaki" then I'd have nothing else to say, lol.

I use anime names of my favorite girls for alts. What the problem? lol

What really *cricket* me, it's the Ketsura, wich should my main, is someone that don't even play anymore.

Archived