Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel0

SS fusion related question

Recommended Posts

Gabriel0   

# Defense stat ... if you have higher def do you actually take low dmg in from terror ssp (I've crid def used on my alt ss set so I'm just wondering about the def stat)

# Same question as above ... but this time Evasion, higher evasion actually helps there with stuff like evading aoe/hit etc ... with a decent enough ratio and if yes by any chance would it evade terror red aoe?

# What about crit def, does it actually work on terrors?

# Block stat ... not sure about this but anyways ... any chance of having higher Block would help there?

 

# If crit def/evasion/def actually (any/all)works for terrors ... which one is better to fuse .. or going for a mix fuse build better?

 

Oh please don't start suggesting don't take hits ... already know that. Thing is .. if one like the game and if they lag and no way to fix the lag and they still want to play ... one tries to find a alternative solution so ya no trolling, ty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quantum   
40 minutes ago, Gabriel0 said:

# Defense stat ... if you have higher def do you actually take low dmg in from terror ssp (I've crid def used on my alt ss set so I'm just wondering about the def stat)

# Same question as above ... but this time Evasion, higher evasion actually helps there with stuff like evading aoe/hit etc ... with a decent enough ratio and if yes by any chance would it evade terror red aoe?

# What about crit def, does it actually work on terrors?

# Block stat ... not sure about this but anyways ... any chance of having higher Block would help there?

 

# If crit def/evasion/def actually (any/all)works for terrors ... which one is better to fuse .. or going for a mix fuse build better?

 

Oh please don't start suggesting don't take hits ... already know that. Thing is .. if one like the game and if they lag and no way to fix the lag and they still want to play ... one tries to find a alternative solution so ya no trolling, ty.

1) Defense stat doesn't work on evolved attacks or mobs (forgot which), that's what evolved defense is for.

2) The only way to avoid red aoe is iframes, however evasion and block both work on yellow aoe.

3) Don't know.

4) Same as #2.

5) You're better off just building up your crit rate for a better chance at getting credit.

Edited by Quantum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel0   
1 hour ago, Quantum said:

1) Defense stat doesn't work on evolved attacks or mobs (forgot which), that's what evolved defense is for.

2) The only way to avoid red aoe is iframes, however evasion and block both work on yellow aoe.

3) Don't know.

4) Same as #2.

5) You're better off just building up your crit rate for a better chance at getting credit.

Hmm regarding evolved def, I heard about that too.

Just wondering though ... how is it that I see sometimes some people taking more dmg from same atk while others taking less dmg ... I mean if normal def etc is doesn't work on evo mob atks(terror) . .then how 1 guy taking more dmg than another from the same atk? Could it be a lvl thing .. even if so .. if normal def etc doesn't matter then why would level matter in regards to how this dmg system works? or does it have something to do with their evo def ... I mean low hm lvl = low edo def maybe .. idk, idea?

 

Oh regarding evation/block are you sure they work on evo mob(terrors) yellow atk as they normally should be?

 

As for the crit suggestion, ty but i actually have the dmg/crit etc .. i don't have a problem there, the problem is surviving with lag which is why I'm asking these questions.

Edited by Gabriel0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shintuan   
5 minutes ago, Gabriel0 said:

Hmm regarding evolved def, I heard about that too.

Just wondering though ... how is it that I see sometimes some people taking more dmg from same atk while others taking less dmg ... I mean if normal def etc is doesn't work on evo mob atks(terror) . .then how 1 guy taking more dmg than another from the same atk? Could it be a lvl thing .. even if so .. if normal def etc doesn't matter then why would level matter in regards to how this dmg system works? or does it have something to do with their evo def ... I mean low hm lvl = low edo def maybe .. idk, idea?

 

As for the crit suggestion, ty but i actually have the dmg/crit etc .. i don't have a problem there, the problem is surviving with lag which is why I'm asking these questions.

A lot of terror damage can be lowered by stacking near other players. There is also a drum buff you can get in camp if you have over 101 prestige. It doesn't take your prestige but when you lose the prestige you lose the buff. Level difference can make a huge difference. As there are some factors involved there it seems. The most notable one I saw was when I went up one hongmoon during one of my days of camping in beastbog. All of a sudden baylee and the bloods were dealing like 30% less dmg to me. Or at least it seemed that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel0   
7 hours ago, Shintuan said:

A lot of terror damage can be lowered by stacking near other players. There is also a drum buff you can get in camp if you have over 101 prestige. It doesn't take your prestige but when you lose the prestige you lose the buff. Level difference can make a huge difference. As there are some factors involved there it seems. The most notable one I saw was when I went up one hongmoon during one of my days of camping in beastbog. All of a sudden baylee and the bloods were dealing like 30% less dmg to me. Or at least it seemed that way.

Not sure what do you mean by stacking with other players ...

 

Regarding the drum buff, its not really an option for me as I tend to get dc a lot so well dc = lose all pp so I'm hoping to find another solution than drum.

 

About baylee/those bog mobs, umm .. thank you for your insights, in general as far i know the higher your level/stats are .. you take less dmg from mobs/bosses based on level as a factor and also stats like def/block/eva etc.

But when it comes to terrors ... ppl say they are evolved mobs and normal defense etc doesn't work on them and as far I know baylee isn't evolved mob and if that's correct then maybe the baylee situation doesn't apply here as if baylee is a normal boss .. in which case def stat works and no mystery there or idk ... maybe someone else can offer better insights on this as in what stats actually works on terrors .. e.g. def/crit/def/eva/block .. any of these works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, let me jump in and ask some advice of my own concerning Soul Shields. My main is my BM. Right now, I have her mostly (6 but I have a 7th) of Scorpion's Soul Shields. I'm waiting that 8th one to complete the set so I can get that nearly 4k HP boost. I'm using these because as a melee that tanks from time to time a large HP pool is paramount to tanking along with the other benefits needed in this regard. Staying power is the hallmark of a tank. I proved this time and again in PvP and OPs in every game I've played that had a pure tank class. However, this game does not have a pure tank class. I can put out an amazing amount of DPS too. However, after reading this, I'm questioning whether or not I should change over, to what, I am not sure.

 

I've not been in Nexus or Sogun's yet (not been allowed to stay in a group). So those soul shields are out of the question. My question is this. Should I stay the course and then make a change when I am able to get the SS from Sogun or use something else and infuse the new one with my Scorpion SS? You input on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel0   
4 hours ago, DamnedYankee said:

Okay, let me jump in and ask some advice of my own concerning Soul Shields. My main is my BM. Right now, I have her mostly (6 but I have a 7th) of Scorpion's Soul Shields. I'm waiting that 8th one to complete the set so I can get that nearly 4k HP boost. I'm using these because as a melee that tanks from time to time a large HP pool is paramount to tanking along with the other benefits needed in this regard. Staying power is the hallmark of a tank. I proved this time and again in PvP and OPs in every game I've played that had a pure tank class. However, this game does not have a pure tank class. I can put out an amazing amount of DPS too. However, after reading this, I'm questioning whether or not I should change over, to what, I am not sure.

 

I've not been in Nexus or Sogun's yet (not been allowed to stay in a group). So those soul shields are out of the question. My question is this. Should I stay the course and then make a change when I am able to get the SS from Sogun or use something else and infuse the new one with my Scorpion SS? You input on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Simply put, try to get yeti but then I think its kinda waste of time right now as we'll have even newer contents out soon, maybe ask your clan to take you into asura/ido .. they are not that difficult and if they don't then join a clan that actually helps.

 

Oh and I think you're mixing general dungeons(non-evo) with terrors(evo mob) ...these are totally different scenarios .. for your average dungeons you don't want/need hp really, I've seen ppl with laggy connection  doing just fine or almost close to their decent pinged pty members with the usual mix ss build focused on crit ... which is whats advised for general pve content as for pvp ... probably best to get crit def fused on a ss set with built-in higher hp/def/block/eva etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shintuan   
5 hours ago, Gabriel0 said:

Not sure what do you mean by stacking with other players ...

 

Regarding the drum buff, its not really an option for me as I tend to get dc a lot so well dc = lose all pp so I'm hoping to find another solution than drum.

 

About baylee/those bog mobs, umm .. thank you for your insights, in general as far i know the higher your level/stats are .. you take less dmg from mobs/bosses based on level as a factor and also stats like def/block/eva etc.

But when it comes to terrors ... ppl say they are evolved mobs and normal defense etc doesn't work on them and as far I know baylee isn't evolved mob and if that's correct then maybe the baylee situation doesn't apply here as if baylee is a normal boss .. in which case def stat works and no mystery there or idk ... maybe someone else can offer better insights on this as in what stats actually works on terrors .. e.g. def/crit/def/eva/block .. any of these works?

Stacking as in standing near other players. It's a mitigation idea. The more players in a small segment the less damage some attacks do. I'm pretty sure Baylee is an evolved mob as he drops those evolve stones.

 

@DamnedYankee

As for your soul shield issue. Getting Baylee/Yeti and some Scorpio for now would be a good idea. Baylee<Yeti<Ido<Twisted soul shields all have the same stats in the same places it's just they go up in value about 10% each time. 2/4 are really good on scorpio due to the high crit on 2 and the high acc on 4 and yeti has nothing good for those two pieces. You want a good acc for later dungeons like soguns. 117% is ideal.

Edited by Shintuan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel0   
1 hour ago, Shintuan said:

Stacking as in standing near other players. It's a mitigation idea. The more players in a small segment the less damage some attacks do. I'm pretty sure Baylee is an evolved mob as he drops those evolve stones.

 

@DamnedYankee

As for your soul shield issue. Getting Baylee/Yeti and some Scorpio for now would be a good idea. Baylee<Yeti<Ido<Twisted soul shields all have the same stats in the same places it's just they go up in value about 10% each time. 2/4 are really good on scorpio due to the high crit on 2 and the high acc on 4 and yeti has nothing good for those two pieces. You want a good acc for later dungeons like soguns. 117% is ideal.

 

Umm on the stacking thing ... never really noticed it and I'm quite sure there is no such thing .. what you're saying probably the fact when you have more ppl = fast kill or more ppl = others taking agro .. making ones life easier and such but as sure as I can be terror dmg has nothing to do with how many people there/stacking unless the fact is someone else taking agro and thus u not not being target saves u from a few hit resulting in better survivability.

 

Baylee being evolved boss ... can someone else confirm this?

And if this is the case then I would still like to know which stats actually work when fighting evo mob/bosses ... anyone?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quantum   
14 hours ago, Gabriel0 said:

Baylee being evolved boss ... can someone else confirm this?

And if this is the case then I would still like to know which stats actually work when fighting evo mob/bosses ... anyone?

Baylee is Level 50 HM 1, which makes it an evolved mob.  From what I know, defense stat is the only stat that doesn't work on evolved mobs.  If you press P and hover over the stats it should give you info on the stat.  For instance, the defense stat states it doesn't work on evolved targets.

KaFE86f.jpg

 

Now that I think about it, does this also apply to other players?  If it does, there no point of having defense other than for non-evolved targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vita   
22 hours ago, DamnedYankee said:

Okay, let me jump in and ask some advice of my own concerning Soul Shields. My main is my BM. Right now, I have her mostly (6 but I have a 7th) of Scorpion's Soul Shields. I'm waiting that 8th one to complete the set so I can get that nearly 4k HP boost. I'm using these because as a melee that tanks from time to time a large HP pool is paramount to tanking along with the other benefits needed in this regard. Staying power is the hallmark of a tank. I proved this time and again in PvP and OPs in every game I've played that had a pure tank class. However, this game does not have a pure tank class. I can put out an amazing amount of DPS too. However, after reading this, I'm questioning whether or not I should change over, to what, I am not sure.

 

I've not been in Nexus or Sogun's yet (not been allowed to stay in a group). So those soul shields are out of the question. My question is this. Should I stay the course and then make a change when I am able to get the SS from Sogun or use something else and infuse the new one with my Scorpion SS? You input on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

You should be going full Yeti, tanking in BnS is not about absorbing damage, it's all about blocking and iframes, hence high hp pool is not needed. As a tank you benefit more with higher dps than higher hp, as the only way to hold agro for tank in this game is using your threat skill + high dps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shintuan   
16 hours ago, Gabriel0 said:

Umm on the stacking thing ... never really noticed it and I'm quite sure there is no such thing .. what you're saying probably the fact when you have more ppl = fast kill or more ppl = others taking agro .. making ones life easier and such but as sure as I can be terror dmg has nothing to do with how many people there/stacking unless the fact is someone else taking agro and thus u not not being target saves u from a few hit resulting in better survivability.

 

Baylee being evolved boss ... can someone else confirm this?

And if this is the case then I would still like to know which stats actually work when fighting evo mob/bosses ... anyone?

No I'm quite literally talking about taking less damage here from some of the aoe attacks. That being said more people attacking doesn't necessarily make bosses less dangerous really. Since lower groups you can actually perform cc on the boss preventing a lot of the more dangerous aoes. Easier examples to see this effect on would be the misty woods terrors if you ever get into a farming group. The big farming groups can get stacking so good that pretty much everything but the close range attacks do nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel0   
4 hours ago, Shintuan said:

No I'm quite literally talking about taking less damage here from some of the aoe attacks. That being said more people attacking doesn't necessarily make bosses less dangerous really. Since lower groups you can actually perform cc on the boss preventing a lot of the more dangerous aoes. Easier examples to see this effect on would be the misty woods terrors if you ever get into a farming group. The big farming groups can get stacking so good that pretty much everything but the close range attacks do nothing.

The cc concept is a known one .. but it isn't that easy to get ppl to coordinate .. so thats not really a viable solution for the long run so I'm gonna skip this.

 

Anyways lets move on ... this isn't getting me anywhere close to the answer I'm looking for as  the answer I'm looking for is soul shield fusion stat related .. but ty for your suggestions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel0   
5 hours ago, Quantum said:

Baylee is Level 50 HM 1, which makes it an evolved mob.  From what I know, defense stat is the only stat that doesn't work on evolved mobs.  If you press P and hover over the stats it should give you info on the stat.  For instance, the defense stat states it doesn't work on evolved targets.

KaFE86f.jpg

 

Now that I think about it, does this also apply to other players?  If it does, there no point of having defense other than for non-evolved targets.

Regarding the baylee thing ... umm you're saying so any bosses with hm lvl=evolved .. if you dont mind me asking where are you getting this information from?

 

On the Defense thing, so if it doesn't work and other stats works ... from what I know red aoe's can't be blocked, have to be framed(in general) ... so its hypothetically highly likely the block stat won't work but what about evasion, I know they work on normal mobs yellow atks etc but I never really tested/noticed on terror atks ... can u actually evade their red aoe with high evasion? if so .. going for evasion stat is possibly the best solution when it comes to these evo mobs such as ssp terrors?

 

And if other stats work, what about crit def? its good for pvp .. but about these terror things .. they work? also I'm not absolutely sure but these terrors don't really crit much, right? and if so .. even if crit def works is it worth getting?

 

 

Edited by Gabriel0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quantum   
26 minutes ago, Gabriel0 said:

Regarding the baylee thing ... umm you're saying so any bosses with hm lvl=evolved .. if you dont mind me asking where are you getting this information from?

 

On the Defense thing, so if it doesn't work and other stats works ... from what I know red aoe's can't be blocked, have to be framed(in general) ... so its hypothetically highly likely the block stat won't work but what about evasion, I know they work on normal mobs yellow atks etc but I never really tested/noticed on terror atks ... can u actually evade their red aoe with high evasion? if so .. going for evasion stat is possibly the best solution when it comes to these evo mobs such as ssp terrors?

 

And if other stats work, what about crit def? its good for pvp .. but about these terror things .. they work? also I'm not absolutely sure but these terrors don't really crit much, right? and if so .. even if crit def works is it worth getting?

 

 

Actually forget what I said in the previous post, I just remembered there's like a number icon above the mob's health bar on the far right and if you hover the cursor over it it'll say evolved.  Baylee doesn't have it.

 

Evasion doesn't work on red aoe either, tested it a long time ago.  Also it depends on your class on which stat you should build on, for instance BM have a high base block rate compared to other classes and KFM have a high base evasive rate.  You should build on which stat has the higher base stat for your class. 

 

I don't know about crit defense, I guess you'll have to take damage from mobs and see if they crit by looking at the combat "chat" window.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

Defense - works in PVE, reduced damage taken from normal hits, doesnt reduce damage taken from critical hits.

evasion - evades normal and yellow attacks.

Block - blocks yellow and normal attacks

crit defense - reduces damage received from critical hits only, this is mainly a PVP stat as the mobs in PVe dont really crit on you.

 

against terrors, none of these stats will help you. What will help is good hp and the drum buff since it increases your evolved defense, also upgraded accessories increase your evolved defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel0   

Ok so now e have 2 types of info.

 

# One a previous comment someone said only def doesn't work on terrors and last comment ..none of def/eva/block etc works on terrors , so which one is correct?

 


On a different note .. I asked around some ppl in game and a few said .. that you know some skills .. gives you like 100% evasion for a sec(while using that skill) .. if you use those you don't take dmg that moment ... is this correct? and if so ... say .. if you fuse likes lots of eva ... would you be able to evade the terror yellow attacks atlest (with a high ratio)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

Let me rephrase: Terrors in SSP are almost all evolved targets if i remember good hence normal defense will never work, only evolved defense will count and that can only be added with the drum buff.

 

On the evasion question, it wont matter if you have 100 eva or 1000 eva, if the skill function is to evade attacks for X time thats what it will do, the amount of eva wont change that. Plus it also depends on the class you are for example, you can stack tons of eva on a summoner it will not evade the attacks good anyway.

Edited by Grimoir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stalki   

Actually increasing your defense stat increases your evolved defense as well, but not by much. You can test it out yourself. Unequip/equip belt or SS with defense and keep your eye on evolved defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabriel0   
1 hour ago, stalki said:

Actually increasing your defense stat increases your evolved defense as well, but not by much. You can test it out yourself. Unequip/equip belt or SS with defense and keep your eye on evolved defense.

Now thats something new and kinda the solution I was hoping to find ... ty.

 

I just tested ... it seems like each 5 normal def increases evolved def by 1 (idk about fractions .. so i'm not sure if there are fractions involved in this .. but I'll just go with the info I've)

 

so say if one gets a full ss set like naksun+spar/chall or similar .. with higher hp focused and base def stat focused ... along with defense fuse ... that will add an extra like ... umm .. I think somewhere around 1k def and maybe more but lets go with 1k def ... which will result in 200 evo def .... which is a lot i think cuz with like normally people have like 300-400evo def .. and if 200 extra evo def is added ... that will make life easier.

And to top that perhaps .. adding a purple pet maxed out (stage10) .. which gives another 900def .. resulting in an extra 180evo def when you use the pet + you get 15k hp.

 

So if all this is correct + with active pet .. this could result in a set with like almost close to 95k-100k hp and like umm .. 700+evolved def (no drum buffs) and without active pet like 80k-85k hp and 600+evolved def.

 

Now this seems like decent/viable theory .. can someone confirm this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this