look i know you had to spend some money

Allycat

17 hours ago, Allycat said:

what even are you ? go away some where lol.

To be fair, he is right... you pretty much say "I don't like/play PvE, so that must mean no one else like/play PvE" you don't back it up with facts, as that is impossible, you can't prove to anyone there is no one that plays PvE, because it simply isn't true. Sure, you could claim that there is a minority that plays PvE, but then again, that claim would amount to nothing as you can't possibly have any facts for THIS game (blurting out facts for WoW or any other MMO can only give you room for speculations, their facts is not this game's facts).

What you can and have ( "you" isn't just Allycat anymore) claimed is that most people streaming this game stream PvP, this is true, you have it backed up with facts, the one I watched played PvE equally as much as PvP (he seems to have left the game now though). But that is it, that is what your facts amounts to, more or most people streaming this game play PvP (or mostly play PvP). But you try to push that claim however, by claiming that the streaming community, by that logic, is the whole playerbase.

So, let's take the LoL streaming community, it's an all PvP game, so the claim that everyone plays PvP on that game is redundant, but just to make a comparison to the playerbase: maybe 50% of the streamers are platinum or higher, this, by your logic, means that 50% of the players are platinum+, while in reality, platinum+ doesn't even reach half the amount of gold alone. http://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/rank-distribution

Silver is the largest amount of the playerbase, followed by bronze and then gold (at least when I'm writing this), those three makes up for about 90% of the playerbase, so that would mean that of all the streams, 10% would be platinum+, about 30% would be gold+, so 70% of the streams would be silver and bronze.

So, for LoL, the streaming community does NOT reflect the playerbase. We don't have any numbers on this game, so we can't really say that it would be the same in this instance, but we could keep going through other games, and I'm pretty convinced that we would reach the same conclusion on MOST of those games. I'm not saying that it is impossible that this streaming community actually reflects our playerbase. I'm saying it's more likely it doesn't.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Piper said:

But WoW isn't tired and dated. If people were still playing vanilla then it would be tired and dated. The current WoW is NOTHING like vanilla. Or TBC, or WRATH, or CATA, or MOP. Nothing. It's a whole different game. And that's the reason they lost over 2/3 of their player base since the golden days of WRATH. While it's essential that games keep their expansions fresh and exciting, it's suicide to completely change up the entire game.

Agree with all your points, but I mean dated in terms of graphics / combat mechanics / functionality etc etc..  While yes, Blizz continues to try and reinvent the same damn game and yes, some of those changes force people out. A lot are just plain tired of playing a game from 2004 - regardless of what's been added/changed.

Archived