look i know you had to spend some money

Allycat

9 minutes ago, Lexter said:

If you dont know our situation, please dont respond without asking where we are punished.

Fine.. where are you being punished?

But... this thread was about lag (which I have had none of in arena).. so I am not really sure, why I should be asking about what other shit you think is punishing you. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19.6.2016 at 3:41 PM, Mythic said:

Ive seen some DUMB things said before.. but you guys are at the top.  What makes u think brings more players.. new dungeons?  new costumes?  or how about people seeing streams for the 1st time and wanting to try it out?  Look at wow's situation.  Blizzard has lost over 7 MILLION subs.. did the dungeons get less interesting?  NO.. they actually got better and more challenging n rewarding.  What DIDNT take place was listening to the pvp community.  They lost MANY pvpers and pvp streamers.  Reckful (BIGGEST wow streamer at the time) will NOT return to wow.  A pvpr only wants to grind arenas, a pver wants more content/dungeons... the GRIND of both to get what you want will never work.  A pvpr (like myself) HATES to grind for skills and levels.  Im not here to do dungeons/raids/grinds.  Im here to pvp.. thats it, and when it becomes more of a hassle to grind, like its becoming.. is the time i leave (which is soon)  While pve has a place in this game, mixing of the 2 is going to push people away.  WoW was successful on both sides, because they kept them seperate.  the grind for pvp gear was in a pvp atmosphere, not pve dungeons.

Lets talk about streams, which bring new players and revenue.  What do you think the ratio to pvp/pve streamers are?  DEFINITLY pvp by a long shot.  Whats blizzards biggest stream outside of blizzcon???  the regionals!!! pvp content!!!  They even had an arena server that you had to pay to play on.  So if you dont think pvp is big, then your as retarded as ncwest.

If you think they removed pvp this game would survive, you really are dillusional!  As far as bots in pvp, obviously your either bronze or havent step in an arena lately.

For pvers - making them do arenas (in which most pvers arent comfortable with) is dumb.  They want to grind/dungeons/quests.  Forcing them to pvp is a turn off.  Once ncwest realizes mixing of the two is a bad idea, this game might actually survive... until then, its slowly on its way to a painful death.

This is the most annoying post I've seen in a while.

Have you been to a social media website in the last 10 years or ever played another MMO? What content does MMO's, including this one, promote? "New PvP season, come kick each other's asses in our hack/lagfest" or "new dungeons + new costumes + new monsters + new equipment"? Which one would attract more attention? What do 90% of all MMO players do? What takes up 90% of all MMO content ever existed, 1 on 1 punching matches or actual PvE progression?

LOL streamers being the main source of new players? The lack of common sense is just unreal, I'm not gonna even bother arguing this point. Yeah when I find out about a new MMO, I'm totally going to go to some random stranger's PvP channel that I couldn't care less about instead of actually looking at promotional content eh?

Also love your "logic", "I come here to PvP nothing else" = anyone who thinks PvE is the main content is stupid. Here's a reality check for you. No one cares about what modes you play in this game. Fact is 95% of content in this game is PvE, and most people in this game PvE and don't care about the pathetic excuse of a PvP mode. Can't deal with being the minority? Go play Street Fighter 5 instead where it's 100% PvP.

9 hours ago, TheQuibbler said:

Fine.. where are you being punished?

But... this thread was about lag (which I have had none of in arena).. so I am not really sure, why I should be asking about what other shit you think is punishing you. 

From what i saw, every hurted PvEr attacked OP.

Well:

• We are forced to do insane grind in PvE (boring, easy shit every day) for our HM skills. If we dont do that, we must win 900 games with premium in GOLD rank and spending beans just for this skill. If we spending beans, we can't earn soulstones and we cant earn some gold. PUNISH
  • Bugs everywhere. Sum tab, sins tab escape from cat pin, jumping desync, wall huging, arena already exploited. Punish
  • Cheaters, some bots still. Punish
  • FPS bug. After few matches we get FPS below 20. We must restart entire game. Slow and frustrating. Punish
  • Lags and more. In PvE delay 0.1 sec is not big deal. 0.2 is not big deal. In arena are every lag and delay insane problem we barely can figure out. Yes i played high dungeons. I need to do same stuff all over again, iframe same things, do still the same. In arena we must be responzive, react fast as we can, protect us in right moments. Yes, in PvE i have 40 ping. Nice i can do every boring dungeon in this game just because this shit just working. In arena for no one know reason i have 150 - 240ms. I'am already in plat, what do you think i can do with normal ping? PUNISH
  • Other reasons in videos...

I agree with your point, most money come from PvE players. For obvious reasons. Another reason is PvP players runing from this game or dont want spend cent for shit service we got. Crap servers are fine for PvE, for us not, we need much more better conditions to play.

But as we know, NC dont give a shit about PvP, they just want sell shit , so every complain is just scream to the darknes.

Few explanations (for PvErs too, but mainly for PvPrs):

or

If some PvPers posting in this topic were less offensive/passive-agressive about, well, being PvPers, I'd be more inclined to take them more seriously. As it stands, though, their behavior is just hurting their own cause, so most I get from them is salt, insults and some extra salt.

Sure, like THAT will make them listen to their ARGUMENTS rather than their insults. Talk about not helping your case. At least @Lexter is doing better in that department. HE I can take more seriously right now.

2 hours ago, Lexter said:

I dont know why ppl enjoying PvE in this game. Realy dont know, but i respect them. Please respect us, PvP players. We are punished as *cricket* in every *cricket*ING corner.

I enjoy PvE in the game because I DON'T like PvP :D so that's all there is lol. 
I'm a pacifist and hate fighting other players, it doesn't make me feel good when I beat or kill another player. The only time I would feel satisfied is if he's attacking me first and then I kill him, or he attacks a friend and then I kill him. But would rather not fight in the first place. 
I prefer to fight AI and work with other players to beat content together. 

I do arena PvP a little for the daily challenge and have tried out some faction area Misty Woods and SSP. Have not even set foot in Whirlwind though, the one time me and some friends queued for it, 10mins waiting and not even a match - and this was even a day when it was the daily so we gave up. 
Agree with you though PvP content is all absolute trash at the moment. Arena lags and filled with Bots/AFKs/Hackers. I have seen the same summoner bot in 3v3 for 2+ weeks in a row - it must just stay there constantly (bot IGN Small Douding, has green hair). Did multiple 3v3s when it's just me and 5 bots I swear to god not even joking. 

SSP faction imbalance, range bias, lag, bots, hackers. Whirlwind is dead asides from maybe some credit card warriors. 

Rip.

Another reason for Deadly aptitude. Guys, we are all in the one world. PvE, PvP. I understand all problems what PvErs have, but is realy hard to stay nice in this topic.

• PvErs play this game because they like progression, dungeons, making happy days with their tons.
  • PvPrs play this game because they want some challenge, they want prove itselfs they are better in something.

One thing for sure: In this game we dont have solid conditions to play decent PvP.

Please, dear dungeon masters, if you dont play PvP, you cant understand our problems. Simply cant and every insult make you looks stupid just as making stupid every PvPer insulting you.

4 hours ago, TheHumji said:

Burnssss mate. Go take your medicine please.

Yes, he never said this. Pluck things out of context just like you did is just rude. And i dont *cricket*ing care what style you playing.

@Mythic

Before you quote me you should read carefully. I said there are bugs and glitches which need attention, thats a fact.

A fact is also that the design of game makes you PVP and PVE to progress thats how the game is made, and it doesnt matter there are ppl who hate to PVE or who hate to PVP. The game is made this way and was this way since 2007-2009.

This is not like all other games who split PVP and PVe into seperate paths, no, this game combines both and thats the whole idea of it.

Watched this thread for a bit and wasn't going to respong. However, The degradation over the number of posts becoming PvE vs PvP is astonishing. Both sides are warring against each other to see who has the bigger pair. Will put my two cents in as I play the game for both PvE and PvP. 

It is true that The F9 Arena, SSP, and 6 vs 6 PvP instance need improvement performance wise. Also, The materials need to be balanced so they are more on par with PvE side. However, Even you PvP only players can't expect to farm everything in a week from PvP and NCSoft isn't going to remove the need for the PvE aspect regarding gear. The game has been out since September 13, 2012. As I stated PvP related items should have their cost dropped by 35% of what they are now (before Soul Fighter patch). Add the Honorary Ornaments to PvP reward for around 1,000 Zen Beans/Battle Points Maybe add the Silverfrost Premium Transformation Stone as a PvP reward that costs 5,000 Zen Beans/Battle Points and a Small Dragon Certificate.

Now for the PvE side the F8 lobby lags so cross server instance players feel pain here. The only players that don't feel pain are those that run instances on the same server as they are on. For this I say Moonstones should be a drop from the new instances that are coming with the Soul Fighter update. Having more on the server is a good thing. PvE players will still need to doing PvP content regardless.

On the aspect of bots both sides have to deal with this as it plagues the entire community. 

What does this mean? Both sides have to deal with both PvP and PvE as this is a PvX MMO. Was designed this way from the start and that is no secret. As for the argument regarding which side brings in the most money I can truly say that the people streaming content only bring in new players when the game is new (first two months). After that people may watch a stream but are less likely to play the game. Most of the revenue from Blade & Soul comes from fashion not boosting gear. This means since the PvE side is larger they shell out more cash than the PvP players. Not bashing the PvP group but simply stating that this isn't World of Warcraft, Perfect World International, etc where gear actually matters and you could buy your way to top end gear which would borderline make you indestructible. There is not true Pay to Win element when it comes to Blade & Soul. Either you are better skilled than someone or you will lose. Gear helps to an extent but won't make you near immortal.

To be honest the entire community needs to learn how to be PvX not PvE or PvP. We also need to take a page out of the Asian region's playbook and strive to having fair servers like dividing  SSP channels into as close to 50% being for Cerulean and half being for Crimson. If 5 channels then 1 + 2 should be Cerulean, 3 be split by 12 hour times based on activity, and 4 + 5 being Crimson. This way everyone has a chance to do quests etc without having too many issues.

Then again this is the NA/EU community so people will just argue, bash, and complain rather than work together.

The game is not all about pvp. The faster people understand this and accept they have to do both then it should ease some of the tension. The game is Based on the two both pvp and pve. You have to pve in order to get your hm lvls faster and or farm the skills from dungeons. Now you can also do that in pvp but it takes longer as it should. If you only want to pve then do so. If you only want to pvp then do it. The game in other regions don't have a problem with this method at all but Na/Eu for some reason wants everything handed to them through pvp and honestly thats not fair to people who pve. You have to Grind PVP or PVE for anything you want So why complain cuz you want it to be like GW2 or another game you recently played? The game is fine the bugs in arena and the low FPS due to non optimization and the use of single core is the problem. Not the content or method the game has for you to pvp or pve. The Fact that the pvp community has died out a bit due to not getting the hand outs they want is sad. NCSOFT has already cater so much toFixing the bots in arena and other hot fixes. Play both or don't its the same for both sides those who don't pvp get rekt or have a harder time.  And those who don't PvE have a hard time to if you become good at both like most of the people then you have the greatest opportunity make the most of the game. And i'm only saying this because i do both pve/pvp.  This is not meant to offend anyone this is just to make a few people realize that they are asking for so much and have gotten a lot already. 

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 5:18 AM, Grimoir said:

And i will say this.....the game has been out since what 2007-2009? It was well known the game BY DESIGN makes you PVP and PVE to progress, no secret there.

You all knew what you signed up for the moment the game went live so....play the game THE WAY IT IS INTENDED.

It's really hard, because the time needed to keep up with both pure PvP and PvE is far exceeding what a normal person has per day on a game.

Objectively, a day schedule just does not allow for 3+ hrs on a video game if you have to spend 9 hrs in the office (1 hr lunch + 8 hr work), + 2 hrs commute + 8 hrs sleep.

This leaves only 5 hrs for family and entertainment, so even if you make the game as important as your family time (which will also include chores, fitness and other things you have to do in RL), you end up with 2.5 hrs a day.

At 2.5 hrs a day, with SSP taking over an hour, some 30 min for crafting and market, then you are left with 1 hr. That's either Arenas or a couple of dungeons.

Realistically, the game just has too high demand on the player time to push both PvE and PvP.

To be honest the entire community needs to learn how to be PvX not PvE or PvP. We also need to take a page out of the Asian region's playbook and strive to having fair servers like dividing  SSP channels into as close to 50% being for Cerulean and half being for Crimson. If 5 channels then 1 + 2 should be Cerulean, 3 be split by 12 hour times based on activity, and 4 + 5 being Crimson. This way everyone has a chance to do quests etc without having too many issues.

Five channels, five channels.... ah-ha-ha-ha-ha.... no wait, really, 5 channels? Ah-ha-ha-hah.... You are a kidder. The day I see three channels will be the happiest day of my BnS  life.

19 minutes ago, Kayukie said:

The game is not all about pvp. The faster people understand this and accept they have to do both then it should ease some of the tension. The game is Based on the two both pvp and pve. You have to pve in order to get your hm lvls faster and or farm the skills from dungeons. Now you can also do that in pvp but it takes longer as it should. If you only want to pve then do so. If you only want to pvp then do it. The game in other regions don't have a problem with this method at all but Na/Eu for some reason wants everything handed to them through pvp and honestly thats not fair to people who pve. You have to Grind PVP or PVE for anything you want So why complain cuz you want it to be like GW2 or another game you recently played? The game is fine the bugs in arena and the low FPS due to non optimization and the use of single core is the problem. Not the content or method the game has for you to pvp or pve. The Fact that the pvp community has died out a bit due to not getting the hand outs they want is sad. NCSOFT has already cater so much toFixing the bots in arena and other hot fixes. Play both or don't its the same for both sides those who don't pvp get rekt or have a harder time.  And those who don't PvE have a hard time to if you become good at both like most of the people then you have the greatest opportunity make the most of the game. And i'm only saying this because i do both pve/pvp.  This is not meant to offend anyone this is just to make a few people realize that they are asking for so much and have gotten a lot already. 

I don't see why people is bashing at either side... currently, you have to PvP and PvE to get all content, been like that in many other games and it has worked just fine, but I honestly think that the game could benefit from making it possible to get everything in PvP (do note, I hate to PvP), but IF they do that, they're gonna punish the PvE side instead, forcing them to play PvP to reach all content, while the PvP players will eventually get everything.

I suppose they could opt to make everything available for both sides, but for an MMO, that would create a divide, you don't want natural mediators (those who like to play both) while the boys and girls stand at each side of a room (PvE on one side and PvP on the other). Still the option exist, but giving full benefit to one side and ignoring the other will just cause more discontent than it would fix.

17 hours ago, Lexter said:

Yep, 90% is joke. Arena is dead, but no because PvErs reason, but we cant play arena effectively cuz issues. I'm plat before you asking.

I have no issues whatsoever in arena besides me sucking at it. There is no lag.

3 minutes ago, Laneera said:

I have no issues whatsoever in arena besides me sucking at it. There is no lag.

oh so because you dont lag, then that must mean no one lags at all, and this whole post was a waste of time

we just want better servers and a more viable pvp farm for skills, not much to ask for, but then again that means you guys actually spending money which the pve crowd throw at you, we all know nc doesnt spend money it just creates it 

5 minutes ago, Allycat said:

oh so because you dont lag, then that must mean no one lags at all, and this whole post was a waste of time

we just want better servers and a more viable pvp farm for skills, not much to ask for, but then again that means you guys actually spending money which the pve crowd throw at you, we all know nc doesnt spend money it just creates it 

I used just about a much nuance in my post as you did in your opening post with your "sort your prioritys out no one wants pve."

2 minutes ago, Laneera said:

I used just about a much nuance in my post as you did in your opening post with your "sort your prioritys out no one wants pve."

what even are you ? go away some where lol.

On 6/18/2016 at 0:18 PM, Allycat said:

sort your prioritys out no one wants pve, when you learn this you will win ncsoft

LMAO ... The severs are 100-250ms for majority of the players and you need <25ms just to even get to see the necessary follow up combos. You want to PvP?!?

3 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

LMAO ... The severs are 100-250ms for majority of the players and you need <25ms just to even get to see the necessary follow up combos. You want to PvP?!?

are you happy with that ms ? :)

On 6/19/2016 at 3:41 PM, Mythic said:

Blizzard has lost over 7 MILLION subs.. did the dungeons get less interesting?  NO.. they actually got better and more challenging n rewarding.  What DIDNT take place was listening to the pvp community. 

Just wanted to pipe in here.. Blizzard lost 7 million subs because the game is tired and dated. Nothing to do with PVE, PVP, etc etc. There's only so many times you can re-hash the same game/content before people get bored.  Hell, EQ2 was a WAY better game in terms of boss mechanics and raids. If it didn't run like garbage, even on high-end rigs, Sony probably wouldn't have had to sell off SOE to an investment group last year. The only reason Blizzard made it to 7M subs is because it ran beautifully on garbage machines at the time, and they continually catered to casual players, not the top 5-10%. It was accessible, even to the MMO noob.  Not to mention their Celebrity driven marketing campaigns during prime-time TV which cost them millions to maintain but kept a steady flow of paying subscribers flooding in.

NCWest/BnS is missing the fact that the NA/EU player-base in general doesn't like endless/mindless grinding for very little gain like they do in Asia.  Their retention rate would go up if they slowed down the leveling speed, but increased the rate at which people obtained needed materials / upgrades. Simply making the gear progression actual (rare) drops instead of grind to progress would help immensely.

Grinding a dungeon for a rare drop, then getting it and instantly upgrading, is a hell of a lot more rewarding than doing that exact same content to slowly gather a massive list of components and gold.  The end result is the same, but instant gratification when you eventually get it (or better yet get lucky and it drops in 3 runs) gives you a rush like playing a slot machine and hitting a jackpot.  Psychologically, it's a very different experience for the user.

As someone who left this MMO and am currently thinking about coming back to it for the new class, I have to say that I am shocked to see so many people stick up for the PvE in this MMO. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the PvE but I certainly do not think (At least in Blade and Soul's case) that the PvE is what is keeping this MMO afloat.

This is through and through a PvP based MMO with a bit of PvE to mix things up. So much to the point that this MMO was even advertised as such (both purposefully and naturally. One example being the tournaments that Korea had in the past.) Originally I left the game due to the PvP failing in the actual team play aspects. What I mean by that is the 3v3 arena and the open world PvP. It felt very poorly setup/designed(Edit: at least at launch it did). I will say however that this game has pretty much the best 1v1 arena setup.

2 hours ago, Eileithia said:

Just wanted to pipe in here.. Blizzard lost 7 million subs because the game is tired and dated. Nothing to do with PVE, PVP, etc etc. There's only so many times you can re-hash the same game/content before people get bored.

But WoW isn't tired and dated. If people were still playing vanilla then it would be tired and dated. The current WoW is NOTHING like vanilla. Or TBC, or WRATH, or CATA, or MOP. Nothing. It's a whole different game. And that's the reason they lost over 2/3 of their player base since the golden days of WRATH. While it's essential that games keep their expansions fresh and exciting, it's suicide to completely change up the entire game.

And change it up they have. They totally screwed professions, they dismantled communities, they wiped out landmarks, they introduced that stupid, stupid, CRZ which makes implementing epic server PvP zones like Wintergrasp impossible. The old guard left and they hired a bunch of drooling moronic devs who haven't a clue how to create rich and imaginative content. So what you have now are Apexis dailies, clicky, clicky facebook garbage and . . .  pathfinder. That's right. PATHFINDER - where they take flying at level cap away and have you do ridiculous things like click on boxes all over the continent to earn it back, just to bullshit the players into thinking there's end game stuff to do. Boring and dumb.

Outside of raiding I don't remember a single fun thing I did in WOD. In spite of everyone saying the questing was great and then things fell apart I don't remember a single quest. But I remember Pamela Redpath and I did that quest 10 years ago. I remember Crusader Bridenbrad and the Wrathgate. I remember the Netherwing quests. There were so many things that Blizzard use to do that were memorable and they just don't deliver anymore because they changed their game.

"Pruning" is also a huge boil on the butt of veteran players and a big reason for the mass exodus. I played a hunter from early BC and the WOD hunter is nothing like what I fell in love with. They took away Eyes of the Beast, changed the beast within, took away scorpid sting, serpent sting, aggressive pet stance, pet variety, scare beast, aspects, changed growl, changed how we regen our resource, took away quivers, arrows and our melee weapon as well as our melee abilites and all kinds of other shit that BnS players don't really care to read about. Suffice it to say they're taking away more in the upcoming expansion - the first expansion I won't be buying. I would give anything to play my "tired" and "dated" hunter again.

Speaking of which . . .

It's speculated that WoW subs have fallen so low that collectively there are more people playing private classic and legacy servers than there are people playing retail WoW. Hard to say since Blizzard won't release sub numbers anymore. They did invite the crew behind Nostalrius for a meeting. Seems they think legacy servers are a good idea after all.

If you're playing WOD you're not playing an old and tired game. If you're playing on a private legacy server you are. You're also playing a better game.

Archived