Free wardrobe demand

Illiyani

Just to clarify it for everyone, wardrobe is free on the other versions of BnS, you do not require to buy premium to have acces to your wardrobe. I still have like 7 months left from my premium to acces wardrobe. But to adres the problem that a lot of people do not have premium and cannot make use of the wardrobe usage. They like the new outfits and actually buy the outfits, but then the problem occur of not having enough space to store their outfit. Which put them in the dilemma of having to salvage it to make space. Most people even quit the game, because it is another thing to add on top of the headaches that BnS causes them.

It is a minor thing, but having a free wardrobe has a lot of advantages for NCsoft also, people are more willing to buy more outfits, so they know they have space at least to store them. Also a lot of people will spend actually more on buying outfits. And to adress the premium benefit, add something else in return that can replace the wardrobe functionality. But please do act like the other versions of BnS and make the wardrobe accessibel for everyone.

I think a lot of players would sign a petition to make the wardrobe free. If it has to come to this conclusion to make it free. Once again, check up with the other versions and you know having a free wardrobe will be good. Especially because the korean version has up to 450 outfits at this point..... This will be stupid for people that have no wardrobe.

1 hour ago, Illiyani said:

I think a lot of players would sign a petition to make the wardrobe free.

I would. There are way to many outfits and so little space, even if you unlock all your inventory and bank space. I already had to trash some outfits. Next step will be me creating an alt mule to carry all my tradeable stuff and leave my main with only clothes and untradeable stuff :c

This has been asked a thousand times and the answer will be no. They will always say to us to not compare to other versions because other standard of living = other business model. Plus it's the only valuable thing left on the premium now. It's sad but they don't "work" to please us but to make money. They don't even care about how they said it on the last streaming...

NnGjuQL.jpg

Its hilarious because even though its the only good thing prem has left to save it, people in my server (and in xserver) have been getting it less and less.

I barely see the prem star anymore as it is, all theyre doing is delaying the inevitable.

Also, petitions are against forum conduct as our wonderful mods have pointed out for us (feel my sarcasm]. Id be careful where you post those.

I think too it's a problem if the wardrobe is a part of the Premium membership. The wardrobe would be rly nice to have but together with it, it is one of the reason why i wont buy Premium. This maybe sounds a bit strange but let my explain: if i would start being a premium member and start store my outfits in the Wardrobe it will bring me in some kind of dependence what isn't good. Im not that rich that i can always run premium and if it ends my Store will explode and i can just quit the game. So it would be rly nice to have it for free and im sure ppl would buy more costumes. Me for example just buy outfits i rly rly rly want because the lack of space in my storage (even if i would unlock every single slot) so with free wardrobe i would buy a lot more costumes.

I think this:

Other versions are different countries with different markets....so stop comparing this business model to theirs.

Here its decided to have wardrobe as part of premium so be it. or do you also want the pay per hour as other versions have? or the pay 2 win legendary weapons?

Paying for the game is no issue, since I have months and months left of my premium. I am just stepping up for the majority because I know it will be a problem in the long run for most. Also it is less appealing to buy new outfits when you do not have premium. A free wardrobe would stimulate more people to buy outfits, and not only those that are big spenders.

In my opinion a free wardrobe would be more profitable, add something else to premium that can contribute, like every month a NEW special outfit ;) only for premium payers.

2 hours ago, Kitzu said:

Keep it the way it is... they have to have some appeal to the premium levels...

We have a bad premium compared to other versions as well. Honestly making wardrobe being free might make them more money from people who see our current premium as the waste of money it is. But they still want to buy more outfits.

Satisfying the premium users who pay to keep the game running is important, but helping the free users is also important.

How about a mini wardrobe for free users? Like limiting it to a couple of rows and only for in-game looted costumes?

This should help free users a bit, while the premium users can still enjoy the full wardrobe.

8 minutes ago, Plexi said:

Satisfying the premium users who pay to keep the game running is important, but helping the free users is also important.

How about a mini wardrobe for free users? Like limiting it to a couple of rows and only for in-game looted costumes?

This should help free users a bit, while the premium users can still enjoy the full wardrobe.

I was thinking on something like this: a smaller wardrobe for free.

Or an option to buy that smaller wardrobe.

I don't see wardrobe to be added value to premium, it is the ONLY value, and I was forced to either get premium or quit at one point because I couldn't play with the amount of junk I was getting for later upgrades and ran out of space to keep all the story given outfits. Not things like Dokumo or Daggerbeak outfits, just the ones earned form the story quests.

If they want to add value to premium they should quit defrauding the customers and give what they claim like "Gold for killing enemies" GIVE GOLD, not just a few copper!

problem solved. Wardrobe free to all, premium can actually get gold for killing mobs, so they don't rush and skip mobs cause each one is more gold, then people don't rush Daily Dash like Blackram Narrows screwing over lower levels preventing them from getting their needing upgrade/breakthrough materials.

*Gold would scale based on zone:level ratio. This would mean higher levels aren't just running places like Blackram Narrows to get gold all day because it is worth more than Silverfrost areas.  The higher the challenge bsaed on your level/gear the more gold drops from mobs, the lower the challenge of the mobs/area you get copper.

They have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again when asked this question numerous times that the wardrobe will remain a premium perk. 

I, too, wish it wasn't like this, but it seems that, at least for the time being, they are still adamant about this. Maybe with time and depending on how premium goes, they will change it. 

So why is the only benefit of premium Cosmetic? I mean don't get me wrong it's nice that you can play the game without paying but it seems like they'd want to add more benefits than a single extra spin and some space for cosmentic items. I'm not saying hold the gameplay hostage but at least add a juicier perk.

You can't do carrot and stick without a carrot.

1 hour ago, XIAO said:

No point in buying outfits with nowhere to store them

From a business point of view thay have to calculate "Premium sold because of wardrobe" vs. "More outfits sold if wardrobe was free".

Both values can only be estimated.

If they actually did that calculation (looking at recent streams I have my doubts regarding their over-all competence, so I doubt it) it might have come out in favor of making more money through premium.

1 hour ago, Winner said:

Fabrics will be expensive to buy.

On the contrary. Fabric is needed for outfits, so if you don't want to get more outfits because you don't have wardrobe, you don't need fabrics.

And those that have no storage space for outfits might actually decide to salvage existing outfits and throw the fabrics to the market.

Less demand, higher supply -> lower prices.

12 hours ago, Shadzar said:

I don't see wardrobe to be added value to premium, it is the ONLY value, [...]

Yes, the need to reconsider the benefits of premium membership.

Mine is running out in 2h and the wardrobe is certainly not a feature that is worth spending money on the game.

And without wardrobe, I'm certainly not going to buy outfits from the shop.

With companies like NCSoft you have to speak the language they understand, and the only language they do understand is money.

2 hours ago, Xelo said:

From a business point of view thay have to calculate "Premium sold because of wardrobe" vs. "More outfits sold if wardrobe was free".

Both values can only be estimated.

If they actually did that calculation (looking at recent streams I have my doubts regarding their over-all competence, so I doubt it) it might have come out in favor of making more money through premium.

On the contrary. Fabric is needed for outfits, so if you don't want to get more outfits because you don't have wardrobe, you don't need fabrics.

And those that have no storage space for outfits might actually decide to salvage existing outfits and throw the fabrics to the market.

Less demand, higher supply -> lower prices.

Yes, the need to reconsider the benefits of premium membership.

Mine is running out in 2h and the wardrobe is certainly not a feature that is worth spending money on the game.

Welp. I've been holding my thoughts to reply. Since you quoted my comment about Fabric, I guess I will quote your comment too. I don't really get what you mean about your 'Less demand, higher supply -> lower prices', are you somewhat agreeing with my comment 'Fabric will be more expensive'. If yes, then it's fine. If not, then I think you're mistaken.

Fabrics are needed for Clan outfits, so if people store their outfits in 'free wardrobe' then the chances of fabrics to be sold in the marketplace will decrease by a few percentage. I don't think you get what I meant. You don't really get it. There are many outfits to be released about hundreds, lets say 'majority' prefer save the old and never-to-be-sold again outfits, the cost of fabrics will increase by a few percentage. People don't just buy what they don't like, supposedly.

It's very rare to find people only using one outfit for the rest of his life. People buy, people sell, people keep. 

Just for comparison (and since ArenaNet belongs to NCSoft, too, I guess this is acceptable):

In GuildWars2, Gems cost the same amount of real money as NCoins for BnS etc., so we can compare the numbers directly:

Costumes: 800 Gems

Smaller Outfit parts: around 400 Gems.

Wardrobe: free and account-bound (i.e. buy an outfit once, and it is available on all characters as often as you want to get it)

And GW2 doesn't even have something comparable to Premium. Other than the one-time purchase cost of the game they have to live purely from their shop sales.

I don't know if it's been said before, but it probably has. I'm pretty sure the idea is to push people into premium because you need the wardrobe, and by having premium, you'll buy more outfits. When you have a bunch of outfits in the wardrobe, You can't go back to not having the wardrobe, so you'd be stuck buying premium for the rest of your life. 

So once you buy premium (with the prerequisite of being an outfit-lover) you're kind of screwed over to keep spending money on this game unless you quit or lose the outfit-lover trait in yourself. 

I'm probably never spending any money on this game, so I'm just going to pick and choose what in-game outfits to get and keep. Good thing I'm a lyn. Everything is pretty ugly on a lyn. 

Archived