Get to 500 AP in 1 week?

Eneraia

OK... I give... I thought it was normal to go so slow at weapon upgrade but according to some people I should only need ~1 week to get there after hitting 50. I'm on my 3rd week now.

Run about 3/4 of the heroic dungeon dailies every day and make around 30~40g a day. Currently at True Oathbreaker (25 AP gem)-> Awakened Breeze. How do you do it? D:

Do all of you run SSP for this or what? I buy all the mats >.<

I created a weapon upgrade calculator that lets you enter the prices of all the items and it will calculate the upgrade costs of all your weapons. It also has some milestone upgrade totals (it's still a work in progress). From True Profane - Stage 10 to Awakened Breeze - Stage 10, it'll cost you about 870 gold total with current item market prices.

So if you make 35g on avg every day, 870/35 = 24.8 days -- So it should take you about 3 and a half weeks with that daily income to get to Awakened Breeze - Stage 10. 

Hope this helps. Here's a link to my calculator if you'd like to play around with upgrade costs and such:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eMSyjDljKQVQP7uv3O0juzBVj4vm1B5q9Bytgkw0IZE/edit?usp=sharing

Edits: Also, yes -- weapon upgrading tends to be very slow. This game is very grind heavy, but associating yourself with the right guilds/friends can make the game a lot more fun and the upgrades tolerable :)

Running SSP is helpful if you have enough DPS to get credit. It's one of the biggest money makers in the game if you're doing all your dailies when you run it. Getting intel quest, elder, elites, grindtooth, and the 6 pigs/3 terrors alone from the quests give you 71 soulstones, not to mention soulstone bags from turning in prestige which give you even more. 

Running dungeons and getting gold from others bidding on drops is also helpful. Crafting and selling -- There are plenty of ways to make money. 

Dont take in those bullshit. Just do what you can and enjoy while playing. Its exciting to progress while having fun.

Time is irrelevant. 1 week? How many hours a day? How many days a week?

Even if you spend 3 hours, thats not the same as someone elses 3 hours. You can both say farm 5 runs at the same time. But if you get lucky, your income will be different and the progression will be different.

Get to 500 while playing the game. Ignore the time it takes for you to get there if you have fun doing it.

9 hours ago, Eneraia said:

Do all of you run SSP for this or what? I buy all the mats >.<

All I did was SSP the moment I could do SSP. It took me 4 months from level 1 to 500 AP.

I skip dungeons as much as humanly possible, managed to complete Daily challenge less than 10 times when my old clan took me to do an odd dungeon once in a while.

My stats were a disaster for a 500 AP, as I could not touch 50% crit. I also only had one HM skill unlocked, the one from Zen bean, with no hope to unlock others (~ 1000 achievement points).

My income from SSP is also about 40 gold a day, so same as yours, with saving all moonstones. SSP is not a magical gold-printing machine with low AP. And a lot of time, you have to fight to get the channel open or hang around for a particular stage to finish the quest as you've missed it on a previous cycle, that's up to an hour of zero income.

I've bought most of machismos (the last ones at a price of 1.7 gold per) and poha perfumes for my upgrades from mats as well as the Soul.

So, after 4 months, after I quit, I had weapon stuck at Awakened Breeze 10, 200 gold, all accessories at True Siren 10 (save for necklace that needed Enlightened necklace for Siren 5 breakthrough), 70 stingers and 60 moonstones. That's on a class that is about to get nerfed into the ground. So, yep, chuck it and start over, only without a nice clan that took me to wall-flower the dungeons once in a while.

Not much to show for 4 months. I might try it again in the fall, I have no energy to try it again right now.

Sorry to hear that you quit. According to some test videos summoner nerf won't be so bad (not sure you mean that class).

Anyways, I make 30+g by finishing daily dungeon quests & selling all the mats I get from dungeons (including stingers and orbs from Storage) so you probably make more since you keep the Moonstones.

We're kind of opposites, I immerse myself into PvE and you into PvP :) But sometimes I gotta leave my comfort zone... so is there any good SSP guide around? I know it is frustrating (you're not the first to tell me) but it can't be any worse than spamming 24-man Zaiwei without getting credit at bosses or getting wiped at Yeti a few dozen times without knowing what to do differently :D Oh Yeti my good old friend... ugh... while we are at listing "ugh"-inducing items, wished my internet liked me better...

2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

All I did was SSP the moment I could do SSP. It took me 4 months from level 1 to 500 AP.

I skip dungeons as much as humanly possible, managed to complete Daily challenge less than 10 times when my old clan took me to do an odd dungeon once in a while.

My stats were a disaster for a 500 AP, as I could not touch 50% crit. I also only had one HM skill unlocked, the one from Zen bean, with no hope to unlock others (~ 1000 achievement points).

My income from SSP is also about 40 gold a day, so same as yours, with saving all moonstones. SSP is not a magical gold-printing machine with low AP. And a lot of time, you have to fight to get the channel open or hang around for a particular stage to finish the quest as you've missed it on a previous cycle, that's up to an hour of zero income.

I've bought most of machismos (the last ones at a price of 1.7 gold per) and poha perfumes for my upgrades from mats as well as the Soul.

So, after 4 months, after I quit, I had weapon stuck at Awakened Breeze 10, 200 gold, all accessories at True Siren 10 (save for necklace that needed Enlightened necklace for Siren 5 breakthrough), 70 stingers and 60 moonstones. That's on a class that is about to get nerfed into the ground. So, yep, chuck it and start over, only without a nice clan that took me to wall-flower the dungeons once in a while.

Not much to show for 4 months. I might try it again in the fall, I have no energy to try it again right now.

but that " class who will get nerfed ".. will not get nerfed , they are getting buffed. Maybe should read up more about it before you write a statement about a class will get nerfed " to the ground "

56 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

but that " class who will get nerfed ".. will not get nerfed , they are getting buffed. Maybe should read up more about it before you write a statement about a class will get nerfed " to the ground "

I can use 'redefined' instead. That's probably more accurate of a statement. But form what I see, the Summoner loses everything that was attractive about it. Ease of use, and a great HM skill that was easily obtained. The skills that would be necessary to succeed will locked behind the same HM wall as for every other class, and since for Rumblebees to be effective you need over 50% crit from what I gathered before, not only you need to relearn the class, you need to gear more and you need HM skills to get as effective as you were before with just overflow. I also don't remember if you need to stand still to cast rumblbees, so I won't comment on that. I've never played with Rumblebee build.

So, for me, might as well play any other class that is not locked into a Lyn. Even if a Summoner gets much better in the hands of an accomplished player with all the HM skills unlocked, for me it gets way nerfed, and just like every other class in that you 'gotta get your HM skills, pumpkin'.

1 hour ago, Eneraia said:

But sometimes I gotta leave my comfort zone... so is there any good SSP guide around? I know it is frustrating (you're not the first to tell me) but it can't be any worse than spamming 24-man Zaiwei without getting credit at bosses or getting wiped at Yeti a few dozen times without knowing what to do differently :D Oh Yeti my good old friend... ugh... while we are at listing "ugh"-inducing items, wished my internet liked me better...

This one is great:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4dlh9l/guide_newcomers_guide_to_soulstone_plains/

My advice for a new person is:

start with capture, killing the mini-bosses, not the Unbound ones, and get used to the waves.

-always do tent boss

-trade your first 25 pp into flower quest, an the rest of pps into Faction advancement. 

once you get the flow, work on learning to stay alive and doing enough damage on the Unbound ones. 

As for how to get credit on boars, I have no clue, so I can't advise there.

22 hours ago, Poroph said:

Dont take in those bullshit. Just do what you can and enjoy while playing. Its exciting to progress while having fun.

Time is irrelevant. 1 week? How many hours a day? How many days a week?

Even if you spend 3 hours, thats not the same as someone elses 3 hours. You can both say farm 5 runs at the same time. But if you get lucky, your income will be different and the progression will be different.

Get to 500 while playing the game. Ignore the time it takes for you to get there if you have fun doing it.

What he said, just take your time if it's your first character. U can reach endgame stats (500+ap) in 1 month if u play 3-4h a day. There arent many mmorpg's out there where u can reach it that fast. I've been playing since launch and got a lv 50 hm 9 fm with 600 AP, alot of people who played that long have reach 630+ ap easy. Dont listen to the whiners who say bns is alot of grind, cause i think it still goes fast for a mmorpg. The grind may be boring sometimes, but again, it's like that in most mmorpg's.

dont rush your weapon, i have true pirate and am sitting at 516 AP.

the amount of damage and how often you crit are also very important stats (crit being more important than AP)

crit damage comes from accessories. most of your crit comes from soul sheids with crit primers.

i pull aggro from people with more AP all the time. the issue is the elitist dont seem to realize which stats are really important so you will get some BS for that.

60% crit 516 AP is much better than 35% crit 560 AP, and the better your accessory the more those crits wil do.  

Thanks for the "not rushing" advice, srsly I needed to hear that. I always forget that many players worked on it for 2 months+. It's probably because I'm sourrounded by those 550/600 AP+ people. Most of my clan mates and friends have that - and I hardly meet any new players. Gotta be more patient :D

Been playing this game for almost 5 months and only now I'm closing in the 500 AP mark... and had it not been for NCsoft's stupid decision of pretty much purging old weapon path past True Profane forcing me to rush to Awakened Pirate to keep costs down, that AP value would be lower. So here's a picture of how my progress has been like:

Only now I'm beginning to have my accessries caught up, to the point I had a clanmate loaning me one Silverfrost Transformation Stone (ofc I'm paying him back ASAP) to get Awakened Oathbreaker Bracelet, which gives a pretty good boost to stats. Keeping Scorpio Belt because getting to Awakened Oathbreaker on that one will take a while longer. Other accessories are pretty much ready to go past Awakened Siren once I have more gold to spare. I just need to do Tower for some more Warrior Tokens, both for the accessories and probably the Warrior weapon to breakthrough my True Pirate, since I haven't had the best luck in having it drop instead... but I'm not going to True Breeze anytime soon. I wanna get everything that uses MTS out of the way before moving on to STS for good... on my main, anyway.

As for soul shields... eh, these were the ones I've focused on at first. Currently with a Yeti/Be Ido mix. Gives decent stats, particularly accuracy, which is at 118%... which is not the ideal of 120% but probably still quite good for Asura... which I won't be LFPing anytime soon... keeping it as a clan-only run for a while longer, I'm afraid. Nexus is fine, though, it's not quite as punishing.

Keep in mind I did all of that mostly by buying the mats instead of farming/crafting them, at least the Soulstones (there's an achievement for that) and Transformation Stones. Same for the gems... which are still Pentagonal ones. Not planning on upgrading these for now. The gear for the breakthrough/evolution I managed to farm for the most part. In fact, I've got a HUGE backlog of such gears sitting in my vault, waiting to be used while any extras will likely be salvaged since they often don't sell very high.

How I farm money? Eh, mostly dungeon dailies. I'll be lucky to have clannies and more farming SSP, which I only had time to do with some considerable success twice so far. I'm slowly but surely getting more stats and experience to PUG pretty much everything other than 4-man nowadays. And the bulk of my playtime is on weekends only. Next to no time for this game on weekdays.

Yes, I did buy Ncoins, but mostly for the Dragon Pouches and the one off Gem Hammer... will see if I'll buy any more of that. Given the way NCsoft is handling the game, I really, REALLY shouldn't... but we'll see about that. Not NEEDING to buy it at this point anyway.

Oh, and about 4-man? I did mention not PUGging them anytime soon, but I did do ALL of them at least once with clanmates. Naturally, I'm the weakest link (I'm the low AP guy while most people are past the 500-600 AP marks, btw), so I got carried big time and dying a few more times than the others is to be expected, but I did manage to pull my weight on most of them. Even Asura, where I died the most and even wiped once at Ken&Gen and nearly wiped at Iruga, I still got to help with the CCs and lifeblooms (had the foresight of buying bulks of Silverfrost Antidote a few days in advance, just in case), for what it's worth. So it's not all bad. At least I can do mechanics, which is more I can say of many PUGs I've been in.

So yeah, you can take your time with your progression. It's becoming more of a 'pyramid scheme' with how some changes are shafting newbies something fierce, which is just frustrating to witness even if doesn't affect me directly, but keeping at it WILL slowly but surely pay off if MY progression history above is anything to go by, trust me.

32 minutes ago, Eneraia said:

Thanks for the "not rushing" advice, srsly I needed to hear that. I always forget that many players worked on it for 2 months+. It's probably because I'm sourrounded by those 550/600 AP+ people. Most of my clan mates and friends have that - and I hardly meet any new players. Gotta be more patient :D

hey, at least you have friends and clanmates :)

Yep I do. They mostly do their own stuff. We have some nice discussions and they explain everything I ask, but they're usually too busy to help me with "lower" tasks like getting that mistywoods necklace.

Archived