moonstones

B93R

Can this only be obtained from ssp? coz the frame rate drop doesnt allow me to do good dps, and when you blink again, the boss has been killed. Why cant ncsoft make moonstones aquired from a heroic dungeon or if they should, different faction quests than ssp?

It can also be purchased from the Wandering Merchant (while event is still happening). Rumor has it that Moonstones will also be part of the Daily Challenge for a month (time will tell on this).

Outside of the above:

- SSP

- 6v6 Instance

- Marketplace (F5)

11 minutes ago, Atheyana said:

It can also be purchased from the Wandering Merchant (while event is still happening). Rumor has it that Moonstones will also be part of the Daily Challenge for a month (time will tell on this).

Not the daily challenge, but another reward box with the new event. Look up Twitter.

25 minutes ago, Franny said:

Not the daily challenge, but another reward box with the new event. Look up Twitter.

I thought when they were discussing the new content it was said it would be a special reward from the Daily Challenge like how the Mushroom was added. Seems the implementation was changed.

1 hour ago, B93R said:

Can this only be obtained from ssp? coz the frame rate drop doesnt allow me to do good dps, and when you blink again, the boss has been killed. Why cant ncsoft make moonstones aquired from a heroic dungeon or if they should, different faction quests than ssp?

They could, but they seem to like forcing people who like PvE to do PvP to progress (because you need Soulstones and Moonstones in spades) or people who like PvP to PvE (because pretty much all other mats only drop from dungeons). This is a horrible game mechanic that might work for Asians but I don't know a single player in the West who likes it...

1 minute ago, Laneera said:

They could, but they seem to like forcing people who like PvE to do PvP to progress (because you need Soulstones and Moonstones in spades) or people who like PvP to PvE (because pretty much all other mats only drop from dungeons). This is a horrible game mechanic that might work for Asians but I don't know a single player in the West who likes it...

I have to admit I like this game for its competence but they should understand, not everyone has high speed uncapped internet or a super good gaming pc. So people are limited by what they have and not what they can do. Even if they could add moonstones to the mushin tower or tower of infinity that would give those two places enough reason to exist, I only did mushin once, and never again just for my enlightened earring upgrade.

1 hour ago, Laneera said:

The day they make PvE/PvP items no longer exclusive to their respective modes, that's when grinding will beging to become significantly more bearable.

As it stands, though, if you can't do SSP or Battleground, you're pretty much stuck with Marketplace for your Moonstone needs... and you probably know by now how expensive they can get there, so GL.

6 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

The day they make PvE/PvP items no longer exclusive to their respective modes, that's when grinding will beging to become significantly more bearable.

As it stands, though, if you can't do SSP or Battleground, you're pretty much stuck with Marketplace for your Moonstone needs... and you probably know by now how expensive they can get there, so GL.

Ok i need to say this again i guess......

The need to do both PVE and PVP in order to progress in BnS will never change because that is how the game is designed, and its well known since 2007/9?

And i agree it sucks, cause i myself am not a big fan of pvp but still i do it and i even enjoy it sometime. This isnt one of the games that splits and seperates PVP / PVE, this game is a joint effort, the sooner you accept this and just go with it, the easier it will be on you.

Just now, Grimoir said:

Ok i need to say this again i guess......

The need to do both PVE and PVP in order to progress in BnS will never change because that is how the game is designed, and its well known since 2007/9?

And i agree it sucks, cause i myself am not a big fan of pvp but still i do it and i even enjoy it sometime. This isnt one of the games that splits and seperates PVP / PVE, this game is a joint effort, the sooner you accept this and just go with it, the easier it will be on you.

Oh, no. Much as I don't like PvP on principle, I can admit the one in this game that isn't Battleground can legitimately be kind of fun, mostly because of gear balance that actually works. But even taking that into account, lack of alternatives for Soul/Moonstones still sucks. There's a good reason other games don't quite follow that model, but I pretty much gave up on NCsoft learning from it ever since the green dungeon removal from cross-server *cricket* up, so not much else to do besides coping.

35 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Oh, no. Much as I don't like PvP on principle, I can admit the one in this game that isn't Battleground can legitimately be kind of fun, mostly because of gear balance that actually works. But even taking that into account, lack of alternatives for Soul/Moonstones still sucks. There's a good reason other games don't quite follow that model, but I pretty much gave up on NCsoft learning from it ever since the green dungeon removal from cross-server *cricket* up, so not much else to do besides coping.

NC Soft is really prone to the head-scratching relaxations.

We want the PvP players to succeed! So, we are going to let you unlock skill books via PvP!

Hold on... what's that about the requirement to run the 600 AP dungeon to activate that book?

that's after needing PvE certificates and gear-based 6vs6's...

It's like they real want to, but have a compulsion to stick their precious stupid dungeons into every nook and cranny, and in quantities that defy adult lifestyle. I honestly don't understand what demographics they target. Who on earth have 4-8 hrs a day to play a video-game?

Just go watch the latest stream where they tackle hard hitting issues like this by way of evading the question, providing non-answers and saying basically "it's fine as it is, suk-it-up and git gud.  ITS END GAME CONTENT fercrisakes!  If you can't get moonstones YOU AINT READY!  Go back to your deserted 24mans and 6man lab til you are!  Or like bust out your favorite swiping card."

Yea, new threads about this are totally gonna get them to fix it.

On 17-6-2016 at 3:21 PM, Tsuchiryu said:

Never gonna happen. NCSoft is only in this for the quick money. This is why there are new outfits in the store every week while all valid players' concerns are ignored.

Archived