Why do you still play this game?

Ciocolici

Why I still play....well, having a guild and playing with friends (though my rl friends stopped playing, but going to focas on the good here) is a big part. It's a social game of sorts so I seriously don't get why some people's tolerance levels are so low.

But I am always willing to help any who ask and I like doing so.

I haven't play alot of games before this (WoW & SL) so that's all the comparisons I have.

I love the crisp vivid world, the movement and the combat animations are so awesome. I remember my very 1st toon was a jin girl BM and tho I sucked at pvp I loved seeing the blocks and combos that flug my opponent into the air, the dash and slash, the lighting blade. It was all so very cool. 

I also love the fashion! So many great creative ensembles, wish we had them all and they were available at in game vendors, but I will await the specific ones that I want to make it to cash shop. 

Earlier in the game I did feel like I was not progressing well or fast enough, but after a few pay events I realized to take what time I needed and to set a cash limit of what I was willing to spend and I got what I  got and to work with it and progress as far as that little boost afforded me. And to be content with that.

I also love the story line!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good clanmates helping me driving forward (I'd have never done SSP or 4-man without them, for one), story still being decent enough to follow despite 'localization' changing it for the worse, slow but sure progress motivating me to keep me trying as a melee and making my F8 experiences not as horrible.

Plus, I'm patient enough to withstand my slow progress and the good still outweighs the bed for me.

-I play with friends and talk with them on Discord, and 2 of them are very old friends so it's really fun to play.

-I am not bored yet. I like to do the dailies on my two chars and then do anything else, depending on my guildmates.

-I'm waiting for SF. I already tried it out in another server and I like it.

-I want to hit and stay for a while on 666AP >:D it's my current goal haha.

7 hours ago, Wiri said:

Try to balance the faction is one of the biggest issue and most challenging in this game.

That is where I deep into planning and forget about everything else.

There no such things as balanced faction / guild wars, it happen all the time in all MMO which has 2 side or more fight each other

people will stick to winning side because people like to win and get rewards while the losing one will switch sides to winning faction, so faction imbalance became even more imbalance, simple as that

And why fight for losing faction? its just color difference and pissed off everyone in the server because all active player is at winning faction while losing faction filled with bots and salty people

Ohh I like this toppic!

Long text inc. haha;;
So much about BnS here is really poopy but I still just adore this game! I waited SO long for it to come to the west and I am still glad it did. I played one weekend during the beta and when it was released I did not play until two weeks later. Some friends on FB Invited me to join their Server and clan and I thought that would be useful so I did join. 
I leveled my Sin to 45 and at that point I was stuck since I never really did any endgame content in any MMO I thought I am done with this game until one of the endlvl clanmates asked me to join them for farming moonwater tears. From then on the game became very important to me. I used to be very close with the two people who wanted me to join the server but I wasn't anymore, but because of that game, no shit, we got closer than ever, and I am glad we did. Our squad of consisting of a BM, Summ and FM (Inbetween I changed my main to FM)was also joined by a Sin clanmate, we became really good friends with. 
Our 4 people squad is also doing really well. We do dungeons every day together while talking in Team Speak, atm we are farming the hell out of Necro for stingers and the merchant that barely appears haha;; Since they live a few hours away I can't see them that often, so it's a really fun possibility to hang out! Even if we frick up the Yeti run, even if the merchant won't appear after 10 Necro runs it's still a fun time with good friends and nor depressing at all!
And even if our BM hit 600AP there is still SO MUCH to do for us! Especially costume farming haha!

*breathes*
On the other hand it's simply my character. I always grow attached to my MMO characters, but my FM is my most precious baby. Ever. Probaly mostly because of the fun times with my friends, but also because she's just such a HUUUGE inspiration for my drawings! Blade and Soul just bombards you with costumes. Since I am /really/ proud of how she looks I enjoy dressing her up as much as possible! So everytime I get a new costume / wig / accessory I get the urge to draw her! In fact, my Sketchbook is full of her and my friends chars. And as someone who never knows what to draw this is perfect! Also the detailes on the clothes are challenging to draw and helped me a lot to improve :3c 
I also thought alot about her, on what she is doing, where would she live etc. and the more character I gave her the more I like her;; She became much more than just pixels to me.
Did anyone even read all of this LOL, sorry. That probaly sounds all suuuper weird but it's hard to put feelings into words;;

TL;DR: My friends are hella cool and I am madly in love with my char! B)) 

FPNNWjK.png

Let me explain one thing, in 2016 NO ONE CAN BE PLEASED. Forums are typically where drama / Negative thoughts and ideas happen, and there is barely any "positivity."

Now, if you ask Most people in game they'll say different stories/ideas then those whom are on the forums. Either way I don't really know what to say in regards to WHY i still play , maybe because i can accept the fact that not everything is made for me, it is made for other people as well. One thing i have noticed is that we say for them to do something they do it and the same people who said they SHOULD do it *cricket* about it... anyway maybe that is just me. 

Either way just enjoy the game and don't let others opinions stop you or START you from doing something.  :) enjoy the game and just remember not everything in life and not everything  will be enjoyable for you, but if the cons don't outweigh the pro's then keep going!!!

I love this game, I dont care about other ppl is complaining about, I think is a great game and things are going pretty good for this new server.

The only thing I really hate... the *cricket* bots, I believe they are a great money makers for NCsoft, can't find another reason to ignore the complains about them, but anyways, I like the gameplay, the graphics, the combat, everything <3

Even with all the annoying negative part of it, the game is still pretty fun for me.

Also I still wanna be able to make all classes and try em out! (And dress up with costume and take pictures,  nyeheheh)

Wifu still plays too, so yup.

Oh! The story is also really interesting and can't wait for the rest to update! I must finish em!

-Environments

-Combat animations look cool

-I'm attached to my character

-Few of my friends still play

I loved BnS so much but the negatives are just piling on now it's getting worse and worse. My best buddy quit too ; ~ ; which took a whole lot of my enjoyment out of playing.

I like collecting outfits but my bank is half full of them so don't really have any space for more, gotta keep room for other items. 

Not buying premium for wardrobe, not spending a cent on this game until it improves. Feeling more disappointment from NCSoft NA than I did with Nexon NA while playing Mabinogi which is saying something.

All of us probably would have quit by now and moved to BDO except that it's not available in Singapore so it means a friend couldn't come with.

There are many reasons why I'm still playing this game:

1. I love this game and I love my fm yun. Just the though not to see her anymore make me sad.

2. I meet many wonderful people here who I enjoy time with also just simply talking.

3. I'm not worried about heavy grind as my aim isn't to rush the end game content. So I do what I feel to do. Although this my char has good stats and I can run all current contents without problems.

4. I want to continue the story line when new acts will be available.

5. I always have the hope that things will be better in a near future.

I like the game :
Action-oriented and fast paced gameplay (I can fall asleep on point and click mmorpgs.... for real....)
1v1 PvP, tired of relying on teamates and teams breaking up because they're bored of it and stuff
I like Wuxia and Xianxia stories
I don't mind the grind, it's not that bad
I got some people to play with for PvE content
I love my BM <3

I play some other games when I don't feel like playing BnS.

I'm currently on break from the game since the Soul Fighter release date was announced, but otherwise ill be going knee deep once the 22nd hits.

On Topic;

1. Because of the combat mechanics. Feels very close to a fighting game which is my second favorite genre. The best ive played amongst the MMO's ive tried.

2. The design of the overall game. The landscapes, the characters, it all just looks amazing.

3. Gear progression (sortve). While i'm not 100% onboard with how much is needed for improving gear in the higher tiers, i do like the base mechanics (maintaining the same weapon throughout the game but simply evolving it). 

4. Soul Fighter. Though i started playing this game years ago on the CN/TW servers, and as much as i loved playing KFM, i finally found my true class with the SF. Had a chance to try it out for a few weeks and it didnt disappoint.

So for now im just biding my time until its NA release. Just a few more days >.<

i play cause i like the game mainly cause the combat feels great and i like the gear progression ...id rather upgrade 1 single item rather than grind a raid boss 200 times untill the item drops and even then id be lucky to get it over some other prick that sucks the clan leaders balls

and regarding the ppl that cry about everything

monkeys are always the lowdest

So there IS hope for this community, for this forum. I can't believe I've read so many good things and nice stories. Not everyone is toxic on the forums, and that makes me happy.

Just thinking the way this community went really made me sad and that was pretty much the 1st reason why I would've consider quitting.

Love y'all!! <3

The part of the "community" that really hate the game left. There will always be people ranting, to vent their frustration. But if they keep playing BnS... I guess they don't hate it as much as they say ^_^.

Photo of the 4th album of BnS (Imported) <3.
IMG_20160611_120132.jpg

Archived