Why do you still play this game?

Ciocolici

This is no hate topic and ain't blaming anything or anyone. I just want some thoughts. Lately everybody's blaming everything and we see more Posts about why people shouldn't play the game than posts about the things that make you log in. We know the problems the game has, from grinding to arena bots, from fps stuttering to ping issues, from scammers to bad boss mechanics, and the list goes on. But I want to know why, you.. the one who reads the topic, play the game. What makes you go over the long list of game issues and makes you have fun and enjoy the game. 

I, for one, can't find the reason. Sometimes I enjoy the game a lot, but sometimes it makes me consider going on the dark side like the others and consider quitting the game, but I try to stay strong and believe that the future can be brighter. :D

What makes YOU still play the game?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you said simply because the game is fun. I like it but I don't like NCSOFT changing important stuff, make it less rewarding, I didn't like at all why they removed Pirate weapon path still a mystery for me and where is 45 legendary weapon.

I still love the game and want to play it. It's the publisher or the west style and their changes what disturbs me ecspecially the livestream Q&A, it was my first and I didn't like it at all. It's not really the game thats the problem.  

Because of the way NCSOFT operates this game, I honestly dislike this game a lot. I continue logging on frequently because of two things:

1. Boredom

2. Lack of other games

I am very picky when it comes to games. Finding a game with the quality of Blade & Soul (with that I mean graphics, sound, story etc) that is free is near to impossible. If I would quit playing this game completely, I would have no idea what to do. However if there are any suggestions I would love to hear them, because I am done with BNS and NCSOFT in general.

My substantial time and money investment it certainly isn't because I love NCwest, however I do love the game.

I am glad to say that this is almost over though, I'm holding out till the 22nd which I'm 95% certain will be a huge disappointment another class that I can't progress and another P2W "event", last week I was holding out to see what they had to say in the sooper dooper dev live stream...and well anyone who watched that knows how that went. I'm fed up, after the 22nd I will just cut my losses and chalk this up as another failure MMO. My friends wised up months ago...wish I had.

To bad too because the actual game is quite fun. This is also my 1st NCsoft game and will DEFINITELY be the last.

I started enjoying it again after getting a new laptop the other day and now I get the 4049 error when starting the launcher. After the SF update the game has been on a rocket sled right downhill. Do I think it's dying? Who cares NC will keep it alive until the end of time. I am pretty much waiting for No Man's Sky and a bunch of stuff in the fall, after that I am out. It isn't fun anymore and ultimately a grind fest with a sprinkling of gank fest. There is always a grind with MMO's but for some reason any semblance of fun NCWest has managed to obliterate.

4 minutes ago, Viblo said:

Because of the way NCSOFT operates this game, I honestly dislike this game a lot. I continue logging on frequently because of two things:

1. Boredom

2. Lack of other games

I am very picky when it comes to games. Finding a game with the quality of Blade & Soul (with that I mean graphics, sound, story etc) that is free is near to impossible. If I would quit playing this game completely, I would have no idea what to do. However if there are any suggestions I would love to hear them, because I am done with BNS and NCSOFT in general.

If you haven't tried Star Wars it's all about story, graphics are just ok though, 8 completely different class stories and the expansion out now adds new story chapters every month with 2 this month. Bioware actually isn't all that bad but with Star Wars the subscription is almost a must if you really want to play the game, but you also won't get nickle and dimed on stupid shit like you do here. All you really need is a sub anything beyond that is purely cosmetic, and you get about $7 worth of their currency with a sub anyway every month.

Even with how rng and grindy b&s can be, it feels like something I can always go back to after playing Warframe, Overwatch, and Hitman which are other titles I play with b&s because for my interests, I always have something to do on b&s and just because I'm just really a big pervert, I love my Gon because customizing your own character that reflects yourself and/or desires always a plus to me. I could of grabbed BDO, but there isn't enough fan service to me like what Gon provides <3

I play to farm outfits for my female Gon.  I really like the art and environment of the game.  Combat is still pretty fun.  As long is there things I like to do, I will keep playing.  There are getting to be more pain points though, so I will stop when I consider it to not be worth the time investment.

33 minutes ago, United17 said:

If you haven't tried Star Wars it's all about story, graphics are just ok though, 8 completely different class stories and the expansion out now adds new story chapters every month with 2 this month. Bioware actually isn't all that bad but with Star Wars the subscription is almost a must if you really want to play the game, but you also won't get nickle and dimed on stupid shit like you do here. All you really need is a sub anything beyond that is purely cosmetic, and you get about $7 worth of their currency with a sub anyway every month.

"Star Wars". No thank you. An MMORPG that resembles BnS combat mechanics, sound and graphics pls.

I honestly just come to the forums once a month or something just to check things out and see if anything in game has changed but, yea, nothing has changed yet.

Im in the same boat, i dont play anymore because there is only so much i can take. Im a generally a very patient person so i can handle a very good amount of stress but theres a point where its unbearable.

Game has too many negatives and they completely outweigh the positives for me so i quit...

why you still play :D this is what he asked ^^

So why i still play... Well there is some negatives points like for everything actually :o But if i continue to play its because for me there is more positive. I really like my yun force master, im a little fan of fashion and clothes are really pretty in the game (well not all, but there is a lot that i like x).

I also play with my boyfriend and a very good friend of us and i think its better to play with people that you know, its a lot more of fun :D

I stay because im close to legendary weapon too, i really like to upgrade my equipment :)

And well, the story is really interessant, i love cutscenes <3 Characters are cute ! Style of the game, graphics, musics... I love everything :)

And about all things for what people complain, i dont really understand, i dont have all this problems. x) 

In BnS i dont feel like im force to pay and use cashop for progress, thats a good point too :)

edit : ah and btw sorry for my bad english :p

14 minutes ago, Opaly said:

why you still play :D this is what he asked ^^

So why i still play... Well there is some negatives points like for everything actually :o But if i continue to play its because for me there is more positive. I really like my yun force master, im a little fan of fashion and clothes are really pretty in the game (well not all, but there is a lot that i like x).

I also play with my boyfriend and a very good friend of us and i think its better to play with people that you know, its a lot more of fun :D

I stay because im close to legendary weapon too, i really like to upgrade my equipment :)

And well, the story is really interessant, i love cutscenes <3 Characters are cute ! Style of the game, graphics, musics... I love everything :)

And about all things for what people complain, i dont really understand, i dont have all this problems. x) 

In BnS i dont feel like im force to pay and use cashop for progress, thats a good point too :)

edit : ah and btw sorry for my bad english :p

Best answer! ^^

If you can, please tell me where you play. NA/EU? And which server. :D

I still find the game quite fun even though I've stopped all character progression some time ago. I mostly just level alt after alt now when I login. The main reason though, why I still play, is for the main story continuation. To a lesser extent creating characters and a few store costumes to match character designs. Long as the story keeps going and my below expectations alts can endure the story stuff, I'll be around.

1 - The combat is still better than any other mmorpg i've played.

2 - I still wanna try all classes, since I only played (and have fun with) KFM and BM.

3 - The story is 'good', and I wanna check out the rest of it when it comes out.

4 - I got friends in game, and they are in the same boat. We make our own tournaments (with training weapons and nothing else) and other events.

And BnS is a change of pace from GW2 (which I consider a better game in general)

I find the game enjoyable since Day 1.

Storyline still has me wanting to play, combat still satisfies me, dungeon running still enjoyable.

Add that with playing with friends/making new friends every so often makes me happily play this game still.

1 hour ago, Ciocolici said:

Best answer! ^^

If you can, please tell me where you play. NA/EU? And which server. :D

And i forgot to say that i like the combat system too, and i certainly forgot a lot others things xD

Im playing on EU Ebon Hall :D

1 hour ago, Opaly said:

interessant

here comes the german language, watch out! :DDDD

anyway, for me its the combat system, the awesome worlds, and the balanced-ish PvP that keeps me here. the story is also exciting, and the game offers some really enjoayble and challenging content (earlier it was the mushin tower, now its the tower of infinity). I also like the costumes (on female ofc), they are mostly all awesome!

the only thing that makes me feel a bit sad is the upgrade prices. especially on the weapon. its like an unreachable next level . (I'm on true breez right now, and if i just even take a look at the upgrade cost to make the weapon awakened scorpion, i get the feeling to quit the game xD ) . Many ppl saying there are so many bots etc. Well, im high-ish in arena and I don't meet them there, also the ones who spamm my chat i just block 'em, and the ones who whisper me as well. I could get more into the bot thing why it makes us good actually, but I won't cuz I'd may get ban. yes, bots shouldn't be here because its not right. I say that only.
Fps problems, on my PC i dont have any (and its like a 6years old PC lel) but on my laptop I do have FPS issues as well. I also see many ppl have the issue.
ping is also good for me - like always.

Anyway, this game is just awesome. basically. what NCSOFT does to it, that's another story, anyway the problems we have is not related to the game, but rather NCSOFT. I know they are trying to deal with these issues like bots, scammers etc, and they make some other issues to gain profit like huge upgrade prices, double times more XP on hongmoon levels than in korea, etc., thats okay anyway, they are a company after all. I also can tell anyway, that NCSOFT sometimes try to make us feel happy, for example they brings us things earlier like gender and race change tickets, which i'm still grateful to  them.
I love the game anyway. any1 who sees the game would say "it's awesome".

My clan members, me thriving to get stronger, and finally the awesome combat system that sometimes gives us some amazing moments. I also striving to make Gunma server a better place for all, by trying to change the communities social attitude one new player at a time.

Archived