Restricting Green Dungeons to a particular server

Aerows

You've just shut out a bunch of people trying to level, and please don't point me to F7 or whatever ridiculous idea.

You guys had a great system going why on earth did you drop the ability to cross server find dungeons?  Time zones exist.  I'm not necessarily online at the same time my friends are due to things as annoying as work, family and friends (that was meant as a ha ha).

It was great to be able to run a green dungeon and complete a quest because we were able to find other people that wanted to participate.

NCS logic: if a level 45 can solo a level 30 green dungeon, then a level 30 should be able to easily to do it as well. Guess there's no point for people to play together for these "group" dungeons! Even though we'll still label them as group dungeons for some weird reason just to troll players.

I generally can solo these dungeons on my chars but it would be nice to get them back up in f8.  I know why they removed them (due to to many dungeons to pick from) but they can easily fix that by putting dungeons up for your level and below and not have lower levels be able to enter dungeons they are not ready/ have not unlocked. They could also put a filter in it for the dungeons you have quests for being ontop and the rest farther down by level. Or they could make it to where you can pick if you only want certain colored dungeons to show (say purple/blue only). idk there are lots of ways they could have done it to where they kept these in the que =/ 

Apparently, extra tabs or filters for green dungeons is more workload than removing them altogether. Just NCsoft keeping up its disturbing tendency of removing features of this game rather than adding to them.

I think I can pretty much give up on NCsoft ceasing to do doing dumb shit like that. They never learn that's NOT a good way to handle anything.

I wouldn't blame NCSoft for this removal, it's this way on the other regions. However, it IS an awful decision. It seems that the other regions don't really care for lower level people and only appeal to the high-end areas, leaving the few alts and new-comers to just solo everything until they catch up. I can only hope that with enough player pressure, this oversight will be fixed, for us and the other regions.

5 hours ago, Skotlex said:

I wouldn't blame NCSoft for this removal, it's this way on the other regions. However, it IS an awful decision. It seems that the other regions don't really care for lower level people and only appeal to the high-end areas, leaving the few alts and new-comers to just solo everything until they catch up. I can only hope that with enough player pressure, this oversight will be fixed, for us and the other regions.

In other regions the surveys/leveling bundles give you what you need from those dungeons since they've streamlined the game to make it easier to get to 50. Not so much here.

That's because the equipment levellling model is:

1. Run all the way to the end-game only updating your weapon and hit level 50 & ignoring every dungeon but the ones that give you weapon upgrades. Use whatever green or purple accessories you find in the process. Use Oathbreaker purples as you get them.

2. Decide if you want to stay & grind.

3. If "yes", once you hit the block on weapon updates (probably at Breeze), then start going back grinding the Accessories to catch up with your weapon.

4. Decide if you want to stay & grind....

The removal of the green dungeons from the cross server is going to kill any chance of getting legit new players. Alts not so much cause they can be geared up by mains and we know the dungeons by then. New players though that aren't geared, don't have high level friends or clans (cause face it clans don't want lvl 15 they want 500 ap 50 hm 7) Last night I actually gave up on my own dailies to run two different new players through the green dungeons they had been unable to solo. Help with world bosses they could not solo becaue of gear and class and severe lack of people despite those bosses being needed to upgrade their gear.

Certain classes no matter what have a hard time soloing if they are not overly geared and stat stacked.. made even harder with those dungeons in jadestone but you are unable to spec your skills yet to increase survivability and damage output.

5 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

The removal of the green dungeons from the cross server is going to kill any chance of getting legit new players. Alts not so much cause they can be geared up by mains and we know the dungeons by then. New players though that aren't geared, don't have high level friends or clans (cause face it clans don't want lvl 15 they want 500 ap 50 hm 7) Last night I actually gave up on my own dailies to run two different new players through the green dungeons they had been unable to solo. Help with world bosses they could not solo becaue of gear and class and severe lack of people despite those bosses being needed to upgrade their gear.

Certain classes no matter what have a hard time soloing if they are not overly geared and stat stacked.. made even harder with those dungeons in jadestone but you are unable to spec your skills yet to increase survivability and damage output.

Exactly.  And let's face it - it's just more fun to play with other people, too.  I thought the whole point of an MMO was that there were other people to play together.  Maybe I've picked the wrong game - I'm a PVE player, and don't care very much for PVP.  

I have to be honest though, I was loving the game before.  

There are I dont know how many threads about this existing by now.

As I said in another one before, I asked the "why"-Question for the Livestream, and there it came out that they themself didn't know they were removed. That much about communication and caring.

I still have hope that they may put them back, but yah...

are green dungeons that hard? i soloed them all on my way to 45 with my hm weapon.  also on the stream they said this was a fairly recent thing across all servers. maybe the devs over-estimated the skill level of NA-EU. 

8 hours ago, Boscodash said:

not really, apart from yeti the rest of our dungeons have roughly the same or even lower hp. 

No, they really don't. Most of the NA dungeons have higher, and in some cases much higher HP than KR, etc. Mushin 8f is one of the biggest discrepancies, but there are other.

Archived