Necropolis stupidity

Melodia

What is it with people doing necropolis preferring to AFK their lazy ass either in the centre (final boss temple), or simply camping at a ward? Are people not aware of the mechanics or just being lazy/stupid? Almost EVERY SINGLE party I'm in, where everyone actually agrees to finish Lycan quest, 1-2 people (sometimes I even have to solo this) have to fight Lycan. Most of the time it's the 600+ AP people who are just lazy assholes watching the lower levels fight Lycan, then complain later that "their ward took too long to charge". 2 HM9's camping at a ward that can be solo'd by a HM1, while two HM2's have to finish off Lycan by themselves AND start a ward. Are people this stupid?

1. EVERYONE has to finish charging their ward for the centre to open. IT DOES NOT HELP how early you start your ward. If you finish charging your ward 2 hours before someone else then you have to wait for 2 hours

2. If you actually got off your lazy ass, ran to Lycan and helped everyone finish it, then everyone starts charging their ward at the same time, it would've took half the time to open up the centre

3. Soul ward is literally steps away from the starting spot, while the other wards are a huge distance away, do people lack the common sense that if you start soul ward charge immediately it's ALWAYS going to finish first and you have to wait for the others to finish?

The stupidity and toxicity of this community results in a lose-lose scenario in almost any situation. Stupid trolls starting boss fights before everyone gets there ends up spending WAY MORE TIME on the boss fight due to missing out on the DPS because they have the patience of a teaspoon and can't wait 10 seconds for someone with a slow loading screen to catch up. Elitists would rather spend half an hour searching for that perfect 600AP party and disbanding 50 parties, instead of putting up with 1-2 people in the party with 450AP, which they would've finished by the time they even found a party. And don't get me started on Yeti PUGs.... the level of cooperation in Yeti PUGs is like nonexistent.

Pc048Kz.jpg

Embrace my MS Paint.

(6-man)

Red Circles = group.

Each group = 2 people. 3 groups of 2 = 6 people.

Blue Circle = Lycan.

Lycan will move down towards Snapjaw Camp (group 3). After you start the core, Lycan should relatively close. Group 3 then starts attacking Lycan while defending the core at same time while Group 1 and 2 take care of their camps.

(4-man)

1 person goes to Soul, 1 to Blood, 2 to Snap.

People at snap split the work, one defend while one attack Lycan.

If you're someone like me and can solo Snap and Lycan because Summoner or can DPS like a truck since Snapjaw NPCs can handle themselves for around 3-4 waves, then that extra 4th person can go anywhere depending on who needs help.

imo, Its faster to just let whoever at Snapjaw handle Lycan since its easy to kill rather then having everyone rush it. Otherwise you'll just be running up to Lycan just to run all the way back to the camps then run to the palace.

Actually I hate people who say Lycan first. Wastes time running there and running to wards.

ideally you have people at each ward and one person soloing Lycan, doesn't matter how long, just before the wards activate which is plenty of time.

In most groups someone will write that he is going snap/lycan. And thats it. If someone is doing it, why should everyone run there wasting time in running back afterwards? And it doesnt matter if you wait at soul until the others start taking the spots or taking it immediately and defend it for 2 more minutes in the end.

Honestly I still can't solo ward even at HM5. As a FM I stay range and he just grabs me and pretty much 2 grabs I am done. I don't mind killing the ward  with someone but if tis just me solo even when I ask for help. I don't start. Maybe the people that AFK needed help as well? On my Destroyer I have no issue with ward though.

4 hours ago, spongemike said:

Honestly I still can't solo ward even at HM5. As a FM I stay range and he just grabs me and pretty much 2 grabs I am done. I don't mind killing the ward  with someone but if tis just me solo even when I ask for help. I don't start. Maybe the people that AFK needed help as well? On my Destroyer I have no issue with ward though.

major props for correctly identifying the problem. staying at range = grab, so the next step is to work out a way to fight while at close range.

This is so annoying when people do this. We were 5 maning because the party didn't want to wait with the first boss after we had to kick someone who went offline and didn't come back. We could all solo a spot. I went with my friend to the top one as people seem to find it harder. The guy who stayed at the first one kept moaning that he "couldn't swim" so was just going to watch it die. It was already opened so that wasn't the issue. I ran to help the guy soloing lycan since his hp kept going dangerously low. Then after that went to check on the first one and true to this guys word he was just sitting there.  I called him out on it in party and he started killing things... 

What I find stupid is people think 2 HM9's are needed to defend 1 pyre, yet two HM2's are expected to solo lycan AND handle another pyre at the same time. That pyre won't get started before Lycan is killed so everyone waits, then of course complains about the waiting.

If people actually had some common sense:

- The high levels all solo one pyre each

- The 3 lower levels go and handle Lycan, then afterwards run to one pyre each

- All 3 pyres done at same time in the shortest possible amount of time

I guess these high levels are all too lazy to fight lycan but would rather prefer the ridiculously boring "stand around defending a ball".

Level means nothing. Regardless, Lycan is easy to fight especially on 6man where you get 2 extra life. None of her attacks are red meaning they can be blocked/parried. If you don't have either, then just kite her around. With two people, you should be able to start the orb before Lycan comes down to Snapjaw Camp. At that point, you can just fight her in front of the orb and let the NPCs handle themselves for 3-4 waves. That should be enough time for anyone to take her out.

On 6/16/2016 at 0:22 AM, Pepperino said:

Pc048Kz.jpg

Embrace my MS Paint.

(6-man)

Red Circles = group.

Blue Circle = Lycan.

Lycan will move down towards Snapjaw Camp (group 3). After you start the core, Lycan should relatively close. Group 3 then starts attacking Lycan while defending the core at same time while Group 1 and 2 take care of their camps.

(4-man)

If you're someone like me and can solo Snap and Lycan because Summoner or can DPS like a truck since Snapjaw NPCs can handle themselves for around 3-4 waves, then that extra 4th person can go anywhere depending on who needs help.

imo, Its faster to just let whoever at Snapjaw handle Lycan since its easy to kill rather then having everyone rush it. Otherwise you'll just be running up to Lycan just to run all the way back to the camps then run to the palace.

This is what I suggest to people as well. Quick and easy.

The plan that kill Lycan first capture cores later was once my favorite plan when I was low dps. Problem is, first, taking dam long time, secondly, people just fail to kill the mini boss and capture core.

My other plan is taking Snapsaw first and wait for Lycan come by to kill him nearby Snapsaw, meanwhile I expect my team able to capture Blood and Soulward... Problem is, they just simply fail to capture it

Now, whenever I participate in Necro, I help them capture Blood and Soulward, ask if anyone can capture Snapsaw and kill Lycan

1/ if no one able to capture Snapsaw, I will do that after SW and Blood

2/ if no one able to capture Snapsaw neither kill Lycan, I  told  them to skip it, I will deal with it alone after capture all 3 cores

In this plan, I expect my team able to defense cores, if not, I quit, there is no way to complete the game if the team is such incapability. All you have to do is kill Phantom, Flying and Hound as soon as possible, and pulling the other mobs running around, and some people simply can't do that

43 minutes ago, Sakine said:

The plan that kill Lycan first capture cores later was once my favorite plan when I was low dps. Problem is, first, taking dam long time, secondly, people just fail to kill the mini boss and capture core.

My other plan is taking Snapsaw first and wait for Lycan come by to kill him nearby Snapsaw, meanwhile I expect my team able to capture Blood and Soulward... Problem is, they just simply fail to capture it

Now, whenever I participate in Necro, I help them capture Blood and Soulward, ask if anyone can capture Snapsaw and kill Lycan

1/ if no one able to capture Snapsaw, I will do that after SW and Blood

2/ if no one able to capture Snapsaw neither kill Lycan, I  told  them to skip it, I will deal with it alone after capture all 3 cores

In this plan, I expect my team able to defense cores, if not, I quit, there is no way to complete the game if the team is such incapability. All you have to do is kill Phantom, Flying and Hound as soon as possible, and pulling the other mobs running around, and some people simply can't do that

Dang. MVP right here. If it was me I would probably quit if people fail to capture Bloodscale or Soul Ward (especially SW) assuming I solo capture Snapjaw AND handle Lycan (sometimes I get help).

Going to Lycan first is a task best left to whoever has the lower stats (mainly AP, naturally), plus whoever can solo Pyre Lord in Snapjaw Camp to speed it up. In the 4-man runs I've done with clanmates, I'm the lowest AP guy, so I go to Lycan first and whoever else is either soloing Pyre Lord at Snapjaw usually deal with it then help me kill Lycan faster. Its attack patterns are easy to ready and avoid, not to mention plenty of opportunities to double CC, so besides taking a bit too long to kill it solo, it shouldn't really pose any threat whatsoever.

Never really tried a Pyre Lord solo in 4-man yet, so I dunno if I can do it with my current stats.

As for AFKers, haven't encountered any issues with those in a while in Necropolis. It used to be more common in its earlier days, but less so lately.

Lycan is much easier with the Pot Dog weapons... sadly no one even thinks to use them on her.

As a 630 AP Assassin, I once did 6-man with a bunch of 400s and a 550. I went to Snapjaw and after starting it I moved on to kill Lycan. No one came to support me; they just assumed I could handle both, but as a class which lacks any useful spammable AoEs, this was out of my league, and Snapjaw got torn down. The whole run fell apart because everyone decided to abandon their posts and one by one and the completed cores were torn down.

Actually the most efficient way is to start all the posts b4 you kill lycan. if you start soul ward and leave one man there ( to support the defenders, and shamans ) - send two ppl to start bloodscale ( same leave one there to protect the core) and gather the rest 4 in snapjaw to kill lycan and protect the core you easily do the dungeon like 10 minutes quicker.

Well there are great tutorial how to play heroics in the most efficient way - Necropolis is fun if you find good players who know their class and if they are undergeared aren't affraid to say "help me with the post i can't solo it" - i have 550 Ap and still sometimes can't solo the boss at the posts cos of terrible connection i just dunno when to dash out from his PG and die. But it's just a matter of one line in the chat - " i stay Soul ward help with boss cos i can't solo it" - ppl help every time - works fine at 6 man and also at 4 man.

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 1:09 PM, spongemike said:

First, set your LMB that one who do dmg for some enemys in row, then put your tab in stage 3 for hp if u need (it can recover 60% of your hp), then climb some house (or if u are in Soul Ward, climb that spot before the main entrance) then when u are in the circle, u press s for fall down, then its just LMB + Meteor, and if u dont take to much dmg, u can use your inferno > tab for recover hp, or the oposite order.

31 minutes ago, Ketsura said:

First, set your LMB that one who do dmg for some enemys in row, then put your tab in stage 3 for hp if u need (it can recover 60% of your hp), then climb some house (or if u are in Soul Ward, climb that spot before the main entrance) then when u are in the circle, u press s for fall down, then its just LMB + Meteor, and if u dont take to much dmg, u can use your inferno > tab for recover hp, or the oposite order.

thanks I can do it now. So I just set my AoE rush in and hopes my AoE kills most of the trash and rush kite in circles. Did it last night with another DB who didn't do much coz he died lol.

This is how my group does it:

- everyone takes a camp and starts defending

- whoever is at Snapjaw kills the Lycan once it is right next to the camp (he moves there by himself)

- that's it

You can even 3 man it without any extra waiting time this way, just need an experienced person on Snapjaw.

• 3 months later...
On 16/6/2016 at 11:22 PM, Pepperino said:

Pc048Kz.jpg

Embrace my MS Paint.

(6-man)

Red Circles = group.

Blue Circle = Lycan.

(4-man)

Picasso!

I was defending Snapjaw a few days ago in a 6-man group and this HM10 KFM who was supposed to solo Lycan drags him close to our camp. Since I was saving up the rifle I had obtained for high HP mobs, I figured I'd leave the other player to defend and went to help the KFM. Lycan died in about 30 seconds after I joined the fight since that rifle hits like a truck. If he does, indeed, travel to Snapjaw on his own, low AP players can quickly handle him with the rifles you obtain from the Dog-eat-dog NPC.

On 15/06/2016 at 2:09 AM, spongemike said:

Set your 2 and LMB for aoe/multi target, set RMB for chill for 6/10 sec on every hit. Run in with sprint, as you are almost in circle, hit RMB then activate V, this will avoid first grab. Use 2/LMB/meteor to clear adds, then continue to use RMB on the pyre lord to keep him frozen, and remain standing behind him. If he's frozen and your standing behind him he won't activate another ability and he'll just sit there and take it until he's dead.

Everyone runs this differently. Every group I have run we either ignore lycan cause he's just not worth it or one high level goes off and solos him while the rest head to the wards. As to who goes where we try and either do it based on AP or class. like we often get 3 ranged, 3 in close DD we try and put one ranged with one in close so there is someone there with AOE ability. If we don't have that set up we try and keep high AP with low AP so we're not shoving low AP and low AP onto one ward.

Archived