Alilah

New Requirements for Hongmoon Skills.

Recommended Posts

Velix   

I came back from 2 months (?) break of this game and decided to play on other character (my main char is/was KFM 500+ ap) which is BM. I did already comet strike skill on KFM so I knew what I need for this skill. I bought skill for my bm (150g) and when I reached achievement part I just died...

My bm is 412 AP atm so there is no chance I can do this achievement. I know that in some time I will reach ap for nexus but holy *cricket*. I knew this game is unfriendly for alts / rerolls but I didn't expect to waste 150 g just to stop on stupid changed achievement. I always loved animation of this skill  and I bought this just for it to be honest. If I only knew that I will get nothing I would just upgrade some gear instead...

Thanks for making my come back FUN :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huuxera   
28 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

it's also a problem for new players

Most games try hard to get new players by making things easier for them or put tempting content for them. (Like Aion, which is another NCSoft game, lol.) BnS is so unfriendly to new players, it makes me not recommend to anyone to try it. Even though it's an awesome game and I love it, but the way this company handles it makes me cry.

30 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

Maybe it will get better in the June 22

For a short time green dungeons will be filled with Soulfighters... maybe? Hopefully? But what's after that. (Especially if the rumors are true and you can start at lvl 45??)

 

I know it's a bit apart from the topic's theme, but it's also saddening how 1-50 is being looked at like the "neccessary bad" which has to happen before you "will be able to enjoy the game". ????? Is this really the goal of a game?? To make us waste our time from lvl 1-50 until we can do anything "enjoyable"?? I do love lvling, I love the lower areas (okay except cinderlands but who likes that lol), lower lvl players should be appreciated the same way as 50+ players. I already facepalmed with the Daily Challenge thing being over lvl 50. Would it really be SO HARD to help lower lvl players by putting daily challenge for them as well?? Maybe help them prepare for that insane money drain they will experience when trying to gear for endgame? 

 

Lower lvl players are looked down on so much it hurts. Not only by NCSoft but also other players. Yesterday in faction chat asked for help with misty woods faction quests and been laughed at by everyone, saying "how can you be so lame to do misty woods, why aren't you doing SSP, it's your own fault you get rekt because you waste your time with shitty lvl45 content".

 

Smh......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Huuxera said:

I know it's a bit apart from the topic's theme, but it's also saddening how 1-50 is being looked at like the "neccessary bad" which has to happen before you "will be able to enjoy the game".

I found very little enjoyment at level 45, and then, consequently, 50. I am the opposite to basically every one else that plays this game, in that I enjoy the areas everyone else hates, like the 24M dungeons and SSP, and I can't stand the small-group dungeons.

 

I did not mind raids in SWTOR because you had your group, your role, and you went through a large story at ease, knowing that you only have one to do that night, and that 3-4 nights a week to raid was plenty. But in BnS, I have never understood why people like it & what's so attractive about repeating each one dozens and hundreds of times and the whole 4-hrs-a-day thing.

 

Again, if we played on an account rather than a character, I'd level 5+ classes probably.

 

Next time I look at a MMO, I will make sure it is alt-friendly and has Weekly lock-outs on the end-game content & will be much like SWTOR, rather than like BnS.

 

Edited by DomiSotto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huuxera said:

I know it's a bit apart from the topic's theme, but it's also saddening how 1-50 is being looked at like the "neccessary bad" which has to happen before you "will be able to enjoy the game". ????? Is this really the goal of a game?? To make us waste our time from lvl 1-50 until we can do anything "enjoyable"?? I do love lvling, I love the lower areas (okay except cinderlands but who likes that lol), lower lvl players should be appreciated the same way as 50+ players. I already facepalmed with the Daily Challenge thing being over lvl 50. Would it really be SO HARD to help lower lvl players by putting daily challenge for them as well?? Maybe help them prepare for that insane money drain they will experience when trying to gear for endgame? 

 

Lower lvl players are looked down on so much it hurts. Not only by NCSoft but also other players. Yesterday in faction chat asked for help with misty woods faction quests and been laughed at by everyone, saying "how can you be so lame to do misty woods, why aren't you doing SSP, it's your own fault you get rekt because you waste your time with shitty lvl45 content".

 

Smh......

Indeed. I mean, I didn't enjoy games like Ragnarok Online where leveling felt like a major pain and drag after a while. But from the MMOs I played (SWTOR, WoW, GW2), I got grossed out by dungeons and instead loved the level journey because the endgame held - obviously - hardly anything interesting for me. Here in BnS I have my Summoner on 50 since last week. And what am I doing? Leveling my characters on this account lol.

The important thing to note: I'm perfectly aware of the "drawback" and totally not as intended way I play. You could say leveling on different characters is also a grind (for levels!) as the zones are always the same, but for some strange reasons that activity is for me MUCH more enjoyable than grinding for gold, mats over and over and over and over and over. The great thing is that should I ever become bored or burnt out of BnS (or MMOs in general), I will simply leave without hard feelings - despite of how QQ my posts here may appear - and move back to normal (J)RPGs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huuxera   
5 minutes ago, Ohlong Johnson said:

You could say leveling on different characters is also a grind (for levels!) as the zones are always the same

This is exactly why I don't understand why most people look down on alts so much or why they dislike leveling, saying "it's boring and you have to do the same thing over and over". Since, how different is that lvl 50+? You do the same content over and over again, lol... Multiple times.... Thousands of times.... because of upgrade requirements... achievement requirements... Only difference is if you do a 4man instead of a 6man....

 

(Also, I would gladly level another and another alt just to do the mission together with Yu Chun again. Wahahah....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ohlong Johnson said:

You could say leveling on different characters is also a grind (for levels!) as the zones are always the same, but for some strange reasons that activity is for me MUCH more enjoyable than grinding for gold, mats over and over and over and over and over.

Well, in leveling you are at least doing a different thing every day for a few weeks. In the end game there is literally no wiggle room to do different things on a daily basis. So, the only variability that can be added is by playing the same thing on a different class. But that's what is so hard to do, because you can only keep up with gearing one character unless you are gaming all day long. SWTOR actively encourages you to play on different characters, because the bonuses stuck up and that's the easiest way to put together your gear sets. In SWTOR you were also free to do whatever you pleased, PvP or PvE, solo or grouped, and it all gave you great stuff. Here, if you don't like the 6M/4M you are hosed.

 

I'd certainly welcome another MMO like SWTOR, but, until then I am doing SP. I am still sad that BnS cannot support a less rigid approach to gaming.

 

Edited by DomiSotto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Temjiu   
2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Well, in leveling you are at least doing a different thing every day for a few weeks. In the end game there is literally no wiggle room to do different things on a daily basis. So, the only variability that can be added is by playing the same thing on a different class. But that's what is so hard to do, because you can only keep up with gearing one character unless you are gaming all day long. SWTOR actively encourages you to play on different characters, because the bonuses stuck up and that's the easiest way to put together your gear sets. In SWTOR you were also free to do whatever you pleased, PvP or PvE, solo or grouped, and it all gave you great stuff. Here, if you don't like the 6M/4M you are hosed.

 

I'd certainly welcome another MMO like SWTOR, but, until then I am doing SP. I am still sad that BnS cannot support a less rigid approach to gaming.

 

Totally agree. In addition to SWtOR, there are many games the healthily encourage Alt's while still being able to support end game progression (in realistic measures). ESO, D3, PoE, GW2, the list goes on...

 

I have alt-itis too. This game has very little to hold me to it other then costumes, and the occasional enjoyment of the combat system. I play for 2-3 days, then drop it for something else. we'll have to see how this game turns out once were all "caught up" to the KR versions. No clue. but I think it's bad choices to penalize alt's like they do. the game has enough against it already, it shouldn't penalize alt's and new players like it is. that's like throwing gas onto a fire in your house to put it out...

 

EDIT: I also always enjoyed leveling alts as a "grind" more then grinding end game content...with the exception of guild based raids (those usually ended up being more for social aspects then the actual run itself). I enjoyed it not just for the leveling content (which you tend to do only occasionally compared to end game content, which is repeated ad-naseum every day), But also because at lower levels, the character progression is shorter and faster. I enjoy the feeling of seeing my character progress, and that drive to get to X level to unlock that cool new skill that I haven't tried out yet.

 

Playing the same character also gets boring to me after a certain threshold, even if i enjoy the class. So I like to switch it up.

Edited by Temjiu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huuxera   

I just wonder if any of the staff is reading through forum and considers our complaints. :I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people whining about this? It's not like it's asking you to punch the Hog @ SSP for 10 times.

That boss is easy. Nexus is even easier than Sogun. Get a party, tell your party you need to do that -- they'll definitely let you do it then be done with it rather than sitting here whining about it. Nexus doesn't need 600AP to do. Learn the mechanic. 400-500 AP can already clearing it

Yes I have alts, and I am doing that for mine as well.

8 hours ago, Huuxera said:

Not to mention the skill is lvl 45.... and Nexus is recommended lvl 50 HM6+... Insane indeed.

HM Skill is not required unless you want it, and you don't need to be HM6 to do it. My FM cleared it @ HM1 with 490AP -- The only requirement is the story chapter that you need to clear it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Velix   
7 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

That boss is easy. Nexus is even easier than Sogun. Get a party, tell your party you need to do that -- they'll definitely let you do it then be done with it rather than sitting here whining about it. Nexus doesn't need 600AP to do. Learn the mechanic. 400-500 AP can already clearing it

Yep I tried that...every time I join Nexus and say that I need achievement, sorry for joining with shitty ap, the only thing I can see on chat is "*cricket* you, don't waste our time you idiot...blablablablabla...*cricket* you...blablablabla" and they leave (and I understand that)...I tried also ask premades if some one can help me with this but no one want to.

So don't tell me that I'm "whining"... I'll grind for more ap and do this sooner or later but still, this doesn't make any sense, specially for some one who wants to focus on PvP only.

Edited by Velix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

Why are people whining about this? It's not like it's asking you to punch the Hog @ SSP for 10 times.

That boss is easy. Nexus is even easier than Sogun. Get a party, tell your party you need to do that -- they'll definitely let you do it then be done with it rather than sitting here whining about it. Nexus doesn't need 600AP to do. Learn the mechanic. 400-500 AP can already clearing it

Well then Mr/Miss "Its Easy" Would you be so kind to help some of us get the update?

Ive been in like 14 Yeti runs and 99% failed miserably cause of mistakes (even if knowing and telling the strat, seen lots o vids)  or the group didnt even start cause of high level players leaving cause we are not worthy to be in their Awesome presence.  Been in one run with my old guild also full of (fill in cursewords) that completed the run.

 

Not bothering trying to do nexus cause thatll prob give me the same headache as in Yeti dungeon.

 

Edited by Kazeshinime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Huuxera said:

I just wonder if any of the staff is reading through forum and considers our complaints. :I

Probably are and have. However, their reaction will be like big boy's in the live session. Too bad, do it or not (same as 'join the other faction.').

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think people seem to understand.

 

This game lost its love for new players. You can tell by the daily dash as it involves items for (Spoiler alert) 50+. There is no basic food to help people level up or any other items that new people could benefit from.

 

Same goes for the Hongmoon skill. When I bought the book I thought "Great, I spent cash on this and I hope it's worth it". Nop Nop Nop. You gotta do another quest series that requires for you to use the skill 10 times on set bosses. Great, I have 400AP and can't do Yeti yet.

 

Friend takes me anyway, What happens? I get flamed at for having low AP. Surprise.

 

Dear Ncsoft,

 

If you hate new players then remove the character creation and don't bother releasing new classes.

Like the world we live in, the majority is starting to lose faith in it. Your company is no different.

 

Lots of love and stress

 

80% the player base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Velix said:

Yep I tried that...every time I join Nexus and say that I need achievement, sorry for joining with shitty ap, the only thing I can see on chat is "*cricket* you, don't waste our time you idiot...blablablablabla...*cricket* you...blablablabla" and they leave (and I understand that)...I tried also ask premades if some one can help me with this but no one want to.

So don't tell me that I'm "whining"... I'll grind for more ap and do this sooner or later but still, this doesn't make any sense, specially for some one who wants to focus on PvP only.

You can make your own party. You don't need to join them. I made one for my FM and I wrote "430+ Know Mechanic" and people joined me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VRock   

The main function of alts in this game is just for run Mushin's Tower and be mules. For all the other content, is for your main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
United17   

You're all wasting keystrokes on the Grimoir guy that guy will white knight anything and I mean ANYTHING about this game. He's here actually attempting to defend an unannounced change to a major skill path. 

 

I'll bet he actually thinks that P2W isn't even a thing. I'm thoroughly convinced he's an employee 100%. He was actually in a thread earlier white knighting the reset bundles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now