"Black Army" Outfit

Kurokazu

Hey all.

Rukkirii sent player requests for this outfit over to the team back in March (in this thread ), but I felt I should bring it up again (for the 500th time. sorry~! ;P) if anyone else is interested.

"Black Army" is a Gon exclusive outfit that was originally sold by the costume merchant in Tomun Inn (Yehara's Mirage) upon release in the Korean version. Yes, this is not a new outfit. This is one of the very original and most iconic outfits in Blade & Soul. It was also the very first costume ever to be seen in the original 2008 trailer for Blade & Soul: Video link

910072f_12.jpg910072b_12.jpg                      910071f_22.jpg910071b_22.jpg

Due to the fact that other regions released the game in a free to play format, this outfit was implemented in their cash shops instead of being sold by an NPC.
You can see a few mobs in the game wearing this outfit as well while leveling through the low level areas and dungeons (Viridian Coast and Tomb of Exiles).

Now I know the Product Management team is slowly releasing outfits into the game via cash shop and events, but I want to bring attention back to this outfit especially since it's, you know, an original outfit from the beginning of the game. We have gotten TONS of the newer outfits released to us, and I really appreciate that. But it saddens me that we are well into the Silverfrost content, and an original and iconic outfit such as this has yet to be seen.

What's the hold up? It's not an event item. It was just sold by an NPC in a level 30 area. LEVEL 30. So there is no reason not to have it in the cash shop at this point.

I would like to ask the team again to please PLEASE consider adding this outfit into the Hongmoon Store in the near future. There is no reason not to. My wallet is ready!

Thank you~

http://www.kotowari.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/gon.jpg

1 hour ago, Evilteddy07 said:

As a fellow Gon Destroyer, I approve of your message! We need this meow! D:

We really do ='(
Thank you for the support <33

I am 100% positive it will be flying out of the HM Store like gold xD

I wouldn't mind the costume, but seeing how all my characters are Gons, I wouldn't pay for it that many times. Honestly, with the way prices of costumes are at 1.2k Ncoin, I decided against buying them. At least with outfit rotations are becoming more affordable.

Welp, comes as no surprise when they couldn't even keep outfits that had been available in the beta around for the release.

A shame too....if it weren't for how bad the game became, as well as NCSoft's focus on wringing as much money out as possible, I'd want it, even if it was a cash shop item. Oh well.

20 hours ago, CrimsonOaths said:

I wouldn't mind the costume, but seeing how all my characters are Gons, I wouldn't pay for it that many times. Honestly, with the way prices of costumes are at 1.2k Ncoin, I decided against buying them. At least with outfit rotations are becoming more affordable.

Well....you could always just pick a character and buy it once xD

It's originally a KFM outfit. Because at the time the original trailer was released, the only classes were Blade Master and Kung Fu Master.
So I will be getting it for my male Gon KFM ^^

18 hours ago, Nilkemios said:

Welp, comes as no surprise when they couldn't even keep outfits that had been available in the beta around for the release.

A shame too....if it weren't for how bad the game became, as well as NCSoft's focus on wringing as much money out as possible, I'd want it, even if it was a cash shop item. Oh well.

I'm surprised about that myself. In general they should be updating the store more often than just the 2 week rotations...of 2 costumes -.-

Since release they've added a mixture of old and new outfits. But in cases like this, it was original content obtainable ingame. So it really should've been one of the first costumes added to the shop.
It's like taking a costume out of a dungeon and not even selling it...

• 4 weeks later...

So an OG outfit is not yet released into this game? Why? I would actually like very much to see that back just so I can get it on my FM and KFM (and with the inclusion of the SF maybe on her too). Also that trailer makes me realize why all the hype. That trailer had better graphics than we actually got. Like it looked like a better game than the one I'm playing. XD

3 minutes ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Bns was backdays different in soooo many ways... story quest skills outfits... anything... i have no idea why they chnaged it to a worse version.... bad just bad thx for the reminder...

They "rebooted" the entire thing. Even the Korean version is completely different than what it use to be. Which is kinda a good thing and a bad thing. Good that we have more diversity in terms or classes and races, but bad because of the lack of choice and skills. They use to have an evil and good path options that unlocked exclusive skills for each class. But they said that divided the community so they said "F*** it, let's rewrite everything". 

And now we have this.....at least they kept SOME of the original story and some of the new characters aren't that bad. But it still sucks that we don't get to see the game as it was originally intended, which is always a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Play Russian Bns then u can see it XD

Also.. ehm liek this version is better... its just like in scarletblade... all go one faction and be like lollll *cricket*ign stupid... in the future devs should never make factionbased pvp games anymore it just dont work HA

That's what I said early on in the Open World PVP forums.

A bit of advice on how to OW PVP: Don't. :P

• 1 month later...

Well....we got the re-design/re-skin of this costume even before getting the original. I don't know what to say.... ><

I would like to bring this back again in hopes of getting it implemented soon. Cash shop or achievement merchant; please NCwest! ='(  </3

On 8/29/2016 at 7:59 PM, Kurokazu said:

Well....we got the re-design/re-skin of this costume even before getting the original. I don't know what to say.... ><

I would like to bring this back again in hopes of getting it implemented soon. Cash shop or achievement merchant; please NCwest! ='(  </3

We did? Where can it be found?

1 hour ago, BeK said:

We did? Where can it be found?

Drop from Desolate Tomb. It's cool, but not sexy like the original and definitely harder to get. It's crazy and sad that we got this version which came years later than Black Army -.-

910379f_12.jpg910379f_22.jpg

18 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

Drop from Desolate Tomb. It's cool, but not sexy like the original and definitely harder to get. It's crazy and sad that we got this version which came years later than Black Army -.-

910379f_12.jpg910379f_22.jpg

This outfit is hideous and looks nothing like the original Black Army outfit.

#ShameOnNCSoft 

1 hour ago, BeK said:

This outfit is hideous and looks nothing like the original Black Army outfit.

#ShameOnNCSoft 

Yea....Basically they took the same design, covered up all the skin, changed the coloring and then added electricity lol
The Desolate Tomb one is also available for all races whereas Black Army is one of the few Gon specific outfits.

This outfit (called "Oblivion") certainly does not make up for the lack of Black Army. I've been looking forward to Black Army since 2008 soooo....... this is killing me x.x

• 2 months later...

I too would loveeee to this outfit in the game. Can you  make it happen bns? I find it should have been added long ago since it was one of the original, classic bns outfits.

On 6/14/2016 at 6:00 PM, Kurokazu said:

Hey all.

Rukkirii sent player requests for this outfit over to the team back in March (in this thread ), but I felt I should bring it up again (for the 500th time. sorry~! ;P) if anyone else is interested.

"Black Army" is a Gon exclusive outfit that was originally sold by the costume merchant in Tomun Inn (Yehara's Mirage) upon release in the Korean version. Yes, this is not a new outfit. This is one of the very original and most iconic outfits in Blade & Soul. It was also the very first costume ever to be seen in the original 2008 trailer for Blade & Soul: Video link

910072f_12.jpg910072b_12.jpg                      910071f_22.jpg910071b_22.jpg

Due to the fact that other regions released the game in a free to play format, this outfit was implemented in their cash shops instead of being sold by an NPC.
You can see a few mobs in the game wearing this outfit as well while leveling through the low level areas and dungeons (Viridian Coast and Tomb of Exiles).

Now I know the Product Management team is slowly releasing outfits into the game via cash shop and events, but I want to bring attention back to this outfit especially since it's, you know, an original outfit from the beginning of the game. We have gotten TONS of the newer outfits released to us, and I really appreciate that. But it saddens me that we are well into the Silverfrost content, and an original and iconic outfit such as this has yet to be seen.

What's the hold up? It's not an event item. It was just sold by an NPC in a level 30 area. LEVEL 30. So there is no reason not to have it in the cash shop at this point.

I would like to ask the team again to please PLEASE consider adding this outfit into the Hongmoon Store in the near future. There is no reason not to. My wallet is ready!

Thank you~

http://www.kotowari.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/gon.jpg

On 11/5/2016 at 10:27 PM, JoannaRamira said:

YES PLEASE.

I want Black Army outfit to be added.

Story time! (Wall of text incoming...)

When I saw the very first Blade & Soul trailer back in 2008, the first thing I saw was a ferocious male Gon facing down a Jin. Though the scene was brutal, I was instantly captivated by this bad-ass, muscle-bound beast of a man wearing one of the sexiest, yet fiercest outfits I had ever seen in an MMO. It made my heart pound. And as I watched through the rest of the trailer I became incredibly floored by the utter awesomeness of the Kung Fu Master class. Seeing the male and female Gon Kung Fu Masters (wearing the Black Army outfit) battling in the trailer totally had me sold.

From that point on I knew I MUST make a Gon KFM when the game came out and I MUST get that outfit no matter the cost. 
After some time waiting for the game and seeing more trailers released, I had a concept for my character in mind and ready to create whenever possible. I had to bring my character to life; outfit and all. So when the game came out in Korea, the first thing I did was ask around and research trying to figure out where to get it ingame (100 gold in Tomun Inn....I nearly fainted lol)
When the game eventually released in other regions, I began to design my character in the CN version and excitedly awaited the western release.

I of course completed and perfected my envisioned character in our version of the game, and I have been patiently waiting for my favorite outfit to finally be added. Every week I check the wardrobe and HM store in hopes that I would see some sign of it. As it has almost been a year since release and about 7 months since this outfit has gotten any attention from the staff, I'm starting to lose my excitement and gaining frustration instead.

I know it seems silly because it's just an outfit. But for me this outfit represents my initial passion and excitement for Blade & Soul, as well as the character I was inspired to make years ago.
So @Liinxy, please please please could you poke the team in charge of the HM store and remind them about this outfit?......also probably would be good to tell them that there is an obsessed long-time Blade & Soul fan who has been waiting for this outfit since 2008 and is DYING over here!! X_x lol
Thank you! <3

Archived