New Player, Persuade me!

Nabzie

Try it. I play it and it's fun if you don't take everything too seriously. Story is heartbreaking in the end. T___T You could say Soulstone plains is the huge pvp battles frequently. Blue faction vs Red faction fighting for minings. :) Pvp is fun and pretty balanced, crappy players like to come forums and whine here how unbalanced it is tho.

I played tera till lvl 37 and leveling felt more work for me than bns leveling. The character creation is awesome, and all the cool costumes u can get by working or by luck. There is no armor like in tera. The armor stats comes from your soulshield pieces which you collect and place them in your inventory.

OWPVP = PvE for the dominate faction

P2W = It's there but people will cloud it I pay to progress or tell you you don't need to pay at all. It will hopefully get better with the addition of more frequent events like other regions where event currency can get you upgrade mats you need. 

Dungeons = well they can be fun and the dungeons do get better and more challenging which means that the EU/NA mentality of 'just dps it down' will have to change. 

But if you love GvG, PvP and Raids, really challenging raids I'll admit that the WvW aspect isn't what it was but try GW2 maybe instead? I mean WvW is fun, raids aren't super easy and PvP everyone has access to the same skills, runes and sigils so the only thing that makes it 'unbalanced' is if you're better at your class.

10 hours ago, Bezerko said:

It doesn't hurt anything to download and try the game since it's free.

But it does hurt. You'll waste your time and when you get to the insane grind part of the game (combat and leveling are actually very fun) you'll be too invested in it.
Better use your time - we only have it in limited supply, after all - for something else.

13 hours ago, Shintuan said:

The publisher already doesn't care really. Someone asking about how the game is and how the publisher is handling things, deserves honest opinions. Even if those opinions may make them decide not to play. As for the last part of your sentence. You do realize petty attacks on those with a different opinion doesn't strengthen your argument right?

Please show me where OP asked about how 'the publisher is handling things' and I will eat my Tshirt. 

Don't even bother with replying, please.

7 hours ago, Kohashi said:

@Bezerko TERA used to be a lot of  grind before but they changed this policy like 1 + years ago. Now you can easily achieve a tier bellow gear (like tier 9 now) and it will be sufficient to do most of the dungeons. You will have to get tier 10 ONLY to do like 1 or 2 dungeon max (which are the Hard mode/nightmare). Rest of the content was made accessible for all.

Also they changed a lot of the mechanics. If before you had to endlessly farm the daily reputation with the guilds (like enlighten union, Jax trust.. etc) to get some accessories , that does not exist any more. You are given alternatives and ways to get accessories within the dungeons available.

• The way you get your secret Techniques (BnS equivalent)/ skill advancement has also been heavily simplified and made really affordable where any lvl 58-65 can que now for the 2 (new) dungeons and get what they need. If before in TERA it was actually quite complicated and the dungeons were actually hard and punishing ,  now it's easy and newcomers stand a chance. In BnS however is far more grindy and less likely to get it and a lot more costly as some of the skill advancements can only purchased from specific NPCs
  • The premium/ subscription differences is that TERA= commodity and doesnt offer a true edge over the non user where BnS is made  to widen the gap between premium and non premium.
  • The shop differences TERA vs BnS is that BnS offers materials to upgrade your gear. Something I was frowning upon on when i first saw this as it's a clear indication of Pay to win content being pushed + RNG boxes which do NOT exist in TERA to further widen the gap of wallet warriors vs ppl who dont pay.
  • The only way to get XP and lvl up is to do quests and main story (1-50). Mobs offer very little experience 200 xp approx at end game mobs when you need starting with HM3 over 1 mil xp. The bosses give close to no xp, there are no BAMS, dungeons hardly give xp but they drop xp charm fragments which gives 100k xp.
  • The gold you can get via quests and dailies is heavily nerfed compared to KR (for example). At lvl 50 strictly from dailies you can get around 10-13g?(somebody correct me if I am wrong) and based on luck and RNG you can get more by selling some of the loot + quest rewards. Put this in perspective with a weapon advancement costing starting with somewhere around 40g to hundred of gold to even thousands in current content.
  • the only game ive personally played where a weapon upgrade would put you below the attack power of the previous version. Lets say you currently have 273 at lvl 10 and you "upgrade" into next tier with 265 AP at lvl 1 and 281 at lvl 10. In other words the gear progression feels heavily underwhelming, at least to me.
  • you have ZERO possibility to kick somebody AFK in dungeon unless they are offline. The afk/bots in some of the dungeons is  frequent practice here unfortunately.
  • The loot cannot be restricted on class. It's anybody's game and ninja looting happens a LOT. Also you arent offered the possibility to randomly and equally split the loot within the party (as you can in TERA ). Also this is not possible as the loot number is often less than the party size. 

For example you get 4 perfumes and there are 6 ppl in party which basically mean either all bid or 2 give up.

Also BnS community is a tons more greedier and unlikely to share loot than TERA is. 

• Here the loot is bid upon and not dice based (tera) so you will see a lot of timess, 1 person gets all the loot or tries to and endless bidding wars.

Umm i am going to stop you right there. As someone who played tera since f2p came out. I hate to tell you there is a big difference between wallet warriors and non wallet warriors in TERA. Even BNS  Shop is no where as bad as TERA shop when it comes to materials and p2w. Tera +15 makes a huge difference in pvp  and pve. TERA sells Alk with no daily limit on how many you can buy. There is a lot more heavy money grubbing in tera to make you want to spend. Don't get me wrong i love the game still

BNS has material in the shop currently for lower level weapons, Which has a daily limit you can buy. Yes they have the treasure trove and spring boxes once and while. again so does TERA. BNS Legionaries are not even that good right now, so there is the only the grind to true scorpion, which makes you able to do everything until probably desolate tomb comes out.  I enjoy the game so that is all matters to me

Anyway don't listen to me and don't be asking other people. Because you will get different opinions. Your best bet is just to try to the game out and see if you like it. I recommended juwol server

2 hours ago, qq00pp said:

Please show me where OP asked about how 'the publisher is handling things' and I will eat my Tshirt. 

Don't even bother with replying, please.

He didn't. But nice straw. I was speaking in more of a general sense for anyone asking about the game. The thing is the publisher could quite easily turn this bleeding around. In which case we could've mentioned some positive things inbound. But alas fixing the issues to actually entice more players to stick around would cost time/money/potential sales to whales.

14 hours ago, Kuronee said:

Umm i am going to stop you right there. As someone who played tera since f2p came out. I hate to tell you there is a big difference between wallet warriors and non wallet warriors in TERA. Even BNS  Shop is no where as bad as TERA shop when it comes to materials and p2w. Tera +15 makes a huge difference in pvp  and pve. TERA sells Alk with no daily limit on how many you can buy. There is a lot more heavy money grubbing in tera to make you want to spend. Don't get me wrong i love the game still

BNS has material in the shop currently for lower level weapons, Which has a daily limit you can buy. Yes they have the treasure trove and spring boxes once and while. again so does TERA. BNS Legionaries are not even that good right now, so there is the only the grind to true scorpion, which makes you able to do everything until probably desolate tomb comes out.  I enjoy the game so that is all matters to me

Anyway don't listen to me and don't be asking other people. Because you will get different opinions. Your best bet is just to try to the game out and see if you like it. I recommended juwol server

To be honest I dont know what you are talking about.

1.Most of the pvp in TERA is equalized unless you are talking about open world pvp servers and then I would probably agree.

2. I dont know when you played last but many things have changed.

3. PvP gear is what gives you an edge which has to be farmed and cannot be obtained with your wallet im afraid and you dont have any mats to buy in shop either like you do here.

4. +15 means nothing now. Sure you can have it.. and it's a lot more accessible and obtainable than it used to be but now 100% content can be done with +12 which ANY player can get and believe me they dont need to go to the moon and back and waste half their youth to get it either, as you have to do it here. They reworked the system by a lot.

5. I played TERA a bit after it went F2P model and I still do, on occasions (like weekly) but I was never hardcore player, just as a sidekick a bit on the side when I got tilted with LoL XD.

6. lets not forget RNG boxes ... which actually do influence a lot since all do have mats which you can use on your high lvl weapons...so??

Well anyway I just made my points with the differences between tera and bns.. I never said.. no.. dont play.

I think BnS is subar TERA  in almost every aspect and will always be if the devs dont get a clue . Its the only game I've played in recent time which after so many years still does not have a guild stash, for example, which all of the guild members can use

BUT.. I play BnS... I find the combat a lot more rewarding and satisfying than I find it to be in TERA, and I like the lore. I am personally a huge sucker for good stories. The story is not all that amazing, in my opinion, but it's not as bad as TERA one is XD... it's decent.

BnS is ten times better than lol TERA,  and im saying that becose i played TERA 1 year until lvl 50 patch. In BNS you got equalized arena  and multiple ways to get money ingame , you dont like pve its no problem you grind arena all day and still progress , oh you dont like pvp  go do dungeons or Soulstone plains , you dont like both pvp and pve  okeeeeeeey  stare all day at your charcter boobs until you playing with market prices. Dont get me start at combat system in Tera i was playing healer and could keep all my party alive even if they were complete crap , in BNS if you dont time your skills in 1-2 sec interval you are dead. And actualy i think grind is good for any MMO becose after puting some effort in it it feels rewarding, if you dont like grind that kind of games arent for you , better play CS or Tetris.Im playing in EU servers where arena isnt at bad condition at all not many cheaters and bots after gold rank and in my server(Cardinal gates) SSP is balanced (fraction pvp exist) not like in some other servers where fractions are heavily 1 side. Imo the biggest problem with fracton is that you can swich sides easy and join dominant side, if there was no such option ppl will actualy organise and grow ballz to fight .

Archived