Feature Suggestion - Move Clan

Franny

Hello, and thanks for the interest.

It has been discussed in the game and on Twitter before by a handful of players, and I just wanted to bring it to more attention here, on the forums as well.

We would like to have the chance to move the clan all together to either 1. Other Faction and/or 2. Other Server after implementing Server Transfer option. It will not only help different servers to combat the one-sided effect, but will also give players and communities a chance to shake up things and/or give players stranded on the dead side some hope.

We, for example are stranded at a low population server with the other faction dominating, and now, apart from a handful of people, everyone switched sides, however we do not plan on letting our maxed out guild go to waste. The only solution we see (because we wouldn't want to switch faction) is to get some help from Customer Support when Server Transfer comes, and move the guild to another, higher populated, and faction-wise not dead server. However, @Babbletr0n confirmed on Twitter that it is not possible and they are not planning on implementing it at all.

Now I would like to ask all of you, who are in a similar situation and/or supporting the idea to please show your side of the story, so maybe we can get the devs to consider implementing a "Move Clan" feature.

Thank you! 

I agree with the faction move ability, people put a lot of time and money and soulstones into leveling clans, but no ability to move the clan if say one faction dies or that faction becomes so toxic they destroy the game for others. We wanted to move to the other side several times in the past but having a level 5 clan (i know seems small but we're like a 5 man clan of very casuals) it was too high a loss to leave and restart.

As much as the option would be nice i am against it completely. Why? Simple, you decided to join a faction, you decided to build a guild there and gather players, invest time / resources to level the guild up. You suddenly want to decide to move to a different faction / server? sure thats on you and you should start over if you decide to change. Might sound harsh but thats my opinion. will at least stop ppl from switching back and forth to whichever faction is the flavor of the month, cause thats what causes all imbalance issues, the ease to swap factions back and forth.

I wouldn't mind clans being able to swap servers ASSUMING that they can only swap to a server where their faction is not already overpopulated.

I don't think clans should be able to swap factions though.  That would only make things worse.

18 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

As much as the option would be nice i am against it completely. Why? Simple, you decided to join a faction, you decided to build a guild there and gather players, invest time / resources to level the guild up. You suddenly want to decide to move to a different faction / server? sure thats on you and you should start over if you decide to change. Might sound harsh but thats my opinion. will at least stop ppl from switching back and forth to whichever faction is the flavor of the month, cause thats what causes all imbalance issues, the ease to swap factions back and forth.

I do agree with you completely, however our clan already suffered from a big wave of players switching factions/leaving the game because of the imbalance, and all we want to do is to save what's left (35 players) without having to start over again. As I said we never planned on switching faction - only server -, but I would see a point in having the option to fight the imbalances.

Me, personally wouldn't even bother with this, but for the sake of our small community I have to look for a solution, because we will disband if we can't come up with something.

I am for and against the idea.

Why am I for? Being a player of the Mushin server, Cerulean outweighs the Crimsons in numbers; my clan started off as a Crimson, but never got far as a lot voted for the sake 'move to Cerulean,' so we did. As time goes on, we get many to ask 'why did we never stick to crimson?' (Of course, here I am screaming in my head "BECAUSE YOU GUYS WANTED TOO!", but that's beside the point) I'd love to have something like this implemented, as it would be a nice ease from not having to rank up all over again.

Now, why am I against? Grimoir made a great statement: "... you should start over if you decide to change," and that philosophy is true, so I do have to agree with that. Now, I personally think the faction switch should have never been an option (*prepares for a flame thrown at me*); you should be on your starting faction, and that's that, but NCSoft encourages the change of factions (i.e. Double Agent achievement), so makes it hard to stick to one faction. Do I expect a clan to move entirely to the opposing faction for a month to get that achievement, then come back? I don't expect it at all (but it wouldn't surprise me, sadly >_>).

I say if the idea is ever considered, sure it would have its positives, but can also come with negatives. In the regard of a clan being transferred from a different server, however, I do think you should have to restart the clan over; for a faction switch, maybe not? I think it would depend on how populated the opposing faction is (and with the current balancing system, LOL bad idea). -shrug-

54 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

To add:

they should only allow you 1 faction change every 6 months. Would stop people hopping over because "oh that faction is IN right now".

I wouldn't even allow the change at all; these imbalances wouldn't have happened probably at all, or would have sorted themselves out by now.

8 minutes ago, Franny said:

I wouldn't even allow the change at all; these imbalances wouldn't have happened probably at all, or would have sorted themselves out by now.

Well they need to allow it at least 2 times cause u know...Double Agent LOL

Archived