Faction balance and toxicity on Soha

FaeQueen

The faction balance is so skewed it's not even funny. Crimson controls all channels in ssp and misty. I was a crimson until last night. Crimson has become very toxic with the attitude of, if Ceruleans wants a channel they need to fight for it. How can they when most of them are under geared and crimson out numbers them 10:1. All I would like to see is the crimson give Ceruleans one channel in ssp and misty woods. Soha server is slowly dying and this game is slowly dying. Monopolizing the channels will only kill the server faster. The Ceruleans I met reminded me of head Start when everyone was kindhearted and helpful. Crimson was like that but now it is filled mostly with trolls and jerks. Don't get me wrong there's a lot of nice people too but the trolls outnumber them.  

TL;DR please allow Ceruleans to have a dedicated channel so they too can enjoy the game as much as you get too. If we can come to an impasse this would make Soha great again. 

It's not just Soha, Master Hong is reaching that bad now too, though it's the CU that control SSP during the day while Crimson seem to have it at night. The factions though are toxic, though for us it's both sides. Members of CU seem to go out of their way to screw their own faction over and crimson is well known to be full of hacker and botters. (Seriously what 50 HM 8 can withstand the attacks of 12+ HM 6+ players and not take a single ounce of damage.) I have characters in both factions, half my block list is my own faction and red good luck getting anyone to talk anymore.

18 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

It's not just Soha, Master Hong is reaching that bad now too, though it's the CU that control SSP during the day while Crimson seem to have it at night. The factions though are toxic, though for us it's both sides. Members of CU seem to go out of their way to screw their own faction over and crimson is well known to be full of hacker and botters. (Seriously what 50 HM 8 can withstand the attacks of 12+ HM 6+ players and not take a single ounce of damage.) I have characters in both factions, half my block list is my own faction and red good luck getting anyone to talk anymore.

I am happy and sad to see this issue is on multiple servers. I feel validated because it's not just me but sad because no one should suffer. I love Blade and Soul. This is by far one of the best mmo's I have EVER played and I've been playing games for 27 going on 28 years now. It would be nice if crimson and cerulean can make a pact like channel 1 ssp is crim channel 3 is ceru and channel 2 is for faction fights. That's how it was in head start. in Misty woods channel 1-3 crims won. Channel 4-6 Ceru won and channel 7 was faction battles. This was very fun and amazing. I only hope we can once again have this design. Good luck DirectorTseng.

52 minutes ago, FaeQueen said:

The faction balance is so skewed it's not even funny. Crimson controls all channels in ssp and misty. I was a crimson until last night. Crimson has become very toxic with the attitude of, if Ceruleans wants a channel they need to fight for it. How can they when most of them are under geared and crimson out numbers them 10:1. All I would like to see is the crimson give Ceruleans one channel in ssp and misty woods. Soha server is slowly dying and this game is slowly dying. Monopolizing the channels will only kill the server faster. The Ceruleans I met reminded me of head Start when everyone was kindhearted and helpful. Crimson was like that but now it is filled mostly with trolls and jerks. Don't get me wrong there's a lot of nice people too but the trolls outnumber them.  

TL;DR please allow Ceruleans to have a dedicated channel so they too can enjoy the game as much as you get too. If we can come to an impasse this would make Soha great again. 

Everybodies already heard this story before.

54 minutes ago, FaeQueen said:

Switch to Crimson like I did. AFter trying for two weeks to get the insignias from MW I gave up. To make it worse I had to wait an additional week just to switch.

NC doesn't care. Their suggestion was "swap factions".  The community doesn't care, for all the complaints in the forums about faction balance the vast majority of players simply hop onto the overpopulated side and ride the bandwagon.  The average player seems too busy masturbating to their stats to bother with things like pvp or thinking.  

The only people who actually care are the ones who want to play the game as intended.  There are very few of them.  Most people want to PVE in their pvp uniforms with impunity, gank you when they have numerical superiority, use the menu escape function when they are losing a fight, and tell you to (and this is a direct quote from someone i killed in misty woods, someone who attacked me first mind you) "die of cancer in real life" if they get killed.

I think this problem exist on all servers. I just stop bother with pvp areas. MM quests doable as CU, getting insygnia well... almost impossible. SSP hmmm... whats that? I wasn't able to do 1 single quest there since im playing game! Lol just Lol. And no not planning to change faction. Combat system is great but pvp overall its worst I ever seen in MMO. And years ago I though nothing can be worst than AoC PVP :D Sad part ---> Im forced to buy Soulstones and moonstones from market and prices are so low ;)

Yeah Faction dominance has switched back and forth in Junghado. I am cerulean and fortunately we have one clan leader that is able to make truce with "most" of the the crimson clans so that SSPs are mostly peaceful (with the exception of a couple trolls who want to PvP and have fun). At first I believe crimson had dominance in our server, then for a looong time it switched Cerulean. Now Crimson has most of the stronger players and more and more ceruleans are switching to join them. If it weren't for this SSP truce, I feel like many of players in both factions would be much more behind. 

2 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

Switch to Crimson like I did. AFter trying for two weeks to get the insignias from MW I gave up. To make it worse I had to wait an additional week just to switch.

I guess you don't read my full post. I was crimson. I have been so since head start. I had 8 chars in crimson. I left crimson because of toxicity. If I have to struggle to get insigs that's fine. However being toxic is not how you play games. I know my message will fall of deaf ears for most, however for those who listen may at least want to see a change.

on my se3rvier Yehra. Is most CM. Kinda of sad some CM will go out of just to screw the other faction. I personally only did OWPVP when I farm the misty woods necklace.

Several times I see CM askt he new players who went CE to wear their faction unifroms and just killing them non stop. Like come on they are lvl 4 at most and keep getting kill by a bunch lvl 30s, then those that kill him would help him recover chi and kill him again. Is not a fun way to experience the game. If it was me getting kill like that I would have quit the game and never look back.

2 minutes ago, spongemike said:

on my se3rvier Yehra. Is most CM. Kinda of sad some CM will go out of just to screw the other faction. I personally only did OWPVP when I farm the misty woods necklace.

Several times I see CM askt he new players who went CE to wear their faction unifroms and just killing them non stop. Like come on they are lvl 4 at most and keep getting kill by a bunch lvl 30s, then those that kill him would help him recover chi and kill him again. Is not a fun way to experience the game. If it was me getting kill like that I would have quit the game and never look back.

I agree that is no way to act. We're all adults or should be. Let's act like it.

My seizure is back.... thinking about those ppl in underdog faction. how they could properly progress if their camp is ganked 24/7.

Yeah the separate channel idea is good.  Thing we need now is more channels.  In master hong we only have 2 channels for SSP (as far as i remember) and 2 for Misty.  but 6 for scorching sands.  I think ideally it should be 6 too for SSP and Misty. Giving allowance for undergeared to progress with minimized probability of being ganked to death or unable to get the faction quest at the first time.

Archived