Would you like to have a new Lyn Class Based around Scythe?

Alanstar

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, XianRen said:

Call it what you will, but there is a reason that even 5 years after launch it has no race specific classes.

Care to tell me that "reason"? x'D Just because Yun is a female-only race? That's stupid. Hell, Lyn even have two exclusive classes!

12 minutes ago, KhaosThanathan said:

Care to tell me that "reason"? x'D Just because Yun is a female-only race? That's stupid. Hell, Lyn even have two exclusive classes!

Lynn isn't gender locked on top of being race locked.  There is a reason why Yun is the ONLY race with no exclusive class.  Whether you personally think it is stupid or not isn't relevant.

IIRC Warlock was originally Jin Exclusive, and SF was Gon Exclusive.   So it would have worked out that every race except Yun had two exclusive classes. Obviously that changed with WL being available to Lyn and SF being available to Jin now, but the point remains valid.

When talking about the present classes, there are:

-5 melee classes: BM, KFM, Des, Sin and BD.

-3 ranged classes: FM, SM, WL

-1 hybrid class of melee and ranged: SF.

We have 5.5 (0.5 from SF) melee classes, and 3.5 (0.5 also from SF), and I think the ratio of melee/ranged is pretty unbalanced here. In short, I don't want to see more melee classes, unless they're very unique to overlook it.

If we're going to have a new class, I think it's should be a ranged class with different feel from tank-and-solar-beam Sum, merry-go-round FM, and cool-bursting WL. Gunner/Archer/any class with weapons that causes physical damage from a distance, would provide something a little fresher than the 'magic-casters' nom (fire/ice/dark/solar beam).

Let not start another 'gun/bow not suitable for kungfu world', cuz it just proves that you just limits your own creativity to punches & kicks, while NCSoft already goes that far to have fire/ice elelment wielders, dark casters with their thrall sidekicks, and solar-powered cat handlers.

Next class will be like Kimi Aoi from Horizon in the middle of Nowhere. Said class will be a Yun exclusive rhythm based class that will deal rhythmic based combos in rhythm game style fashion (example: Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero, or Hatsune Miku).

AoiKimi600889684.jpg

13 hours ago, KhaosThanathan said:

Seems like it; I simply don't like the discrimination that each race but Yun have their exclusives.

That's because yun is the most aesthetically popular race in Blade and Soul. Why you ask? Because the majoirty of BnS's player base is a bunch of horny asian men or wannabe weebos, and anyone in who has lived in eastern Asia knows that skinny, sickly looking aliens are the standard of beauty over there. I like thin women myself, but the yuns have no muscle definition whatsoever, thus making them look alien-like. Because yun is the most popular race because of its appearance, BnS has to encourage players to play other races by giving them race-locked classes. 

Anyways, there already are scythes in game.

11kzity.jpg

I personally love scythes; I will love to play a new char if a scythe class is released, I don't care about the race, I will just simply take it. The last game I played with a scythe was on C9 with my Reaperess.

On the other hand, I will like an archer class too, something like my Windwalker on Dragon Nest, probably? But Windwalker is kind of a melee/ranged mix, reason of me liking it.

On 17/06/2016 at 11:20 PM, Emma Frost said:

Because yun is the most popular race because of its appearance, BnS has to encourage players to play other races by giving them race-locked classes.

Sad, but true.
The last thing we want is another TERA.

Yeah I'd like to see it and I'd enjoy playing something like that. But I don't see much reason to restrict it to Lyn that'll just make people hate them (or hate them more).

Plus that would make it seem like TERA and anything that reminds me of TERA and their approach to class locking is automatically a bad idea.

P.S. I wouldn't mention all this bad stuff (cough TERA cough) but it looks like the thread is already full of naysayers so I figured it couldn't hurt to join the bandwagon.

Although what I really want is a Lyn assassin. And for the Yun to have more class options. Just because people would likely be annoyed if you gave the Yun an exclusive class that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed more options.

On 6/17/2016 at 9:20 PM, Emma Frost said:

That's because yun is the most aesthetically popular race in Blade and Soul. Why you ask? Because the majoirty of BnS's player base is a bunch of horny asian men or wannabe weebos, and anyone in who has lived in eastern Asia knows that skinny, sickly looking aliens are the standard of beauty over there. I like thin women myself, but the yuns have no muscle definition whatsoever, thus making them look alien-like. Because yun is the most popular race because of its appearance, BnS has to encourage players to play other races by giving them race-locked classes. 

Anyways, there already are scythes in game.

11kzity.jpg

You are making your yun all wrong, if you think they're sickly looking :p  Mine does not look sickly or alien at all (well, except for maybe the pointy ears).

That said, that is a nice weapon.  Which is it?

On 6/20/2016 at 0:01 AM, Brand X said:

You are making your yun all wrong, if you think they're sickly looking :p  Mine does not look sickly or alien at all (well, except for maybe the pointy ears).

That said, that is a nice weapon.  Which is it?

That is the Cinderlands Baotite axe, a surprisingly cheap but beautiful weapon skin. This is my yun. I put ten times more work into trying to make her look proportional and normal but she still comes off as too sickly looking. (I made the legs long on purpose because the clothing styles in BnS tend to sit lower on the waist, thus shortening the legs)

2f0dq2b.jpg

s591y9.jpg

On 6/14/2016 at 1:11 PM, Alanstar said:

%5Banimefullfights.com%5Dfox%20girl%20de

I would want a class that looks little something like this, maybe find some fighting style that incorporates the scythe in the combat? Maybe call it something fancy or just go with Reaper. What I think the fighting style should be combined with Warlock's CC and Lock downs with Melee combat, with spinning deflect.

No. If you want to live that fantasy, go play Tera and make Elin reaper.

Give me a Yun class that plays like Abel Nox from SO:SS.

I didn't know BDO had some kind of Fan / Chakra  type weapon user. Although I miss playing a good Gunner type class. Dual Pistols or  Rifle.

latest?cb=20081019212324

27 minutes ago, Jurisz said:

No. If you want to live that fantasy, go play Tera and make Elin reaper.

Never played Tera but the class doesn't play half bad from what I saw on Youtube, closest thing I played for a few daywas Queen's Blade / Whipper lol.

• 1 year later...

If there is a gender specific or yun people will go through the sexist argument

if it goes lyn we all go for the too many classes specific,

If it goes to universal people just say random stuff and create an argument

I think we could create an argument with half or 1/64 of blade and soul player with any class

I support the lyn but at least to the extent to gon screw it im ready for the imaginary dislike button

2 hours ago, blue foxxi said:

If there is a gender specific or yun people will go through the sexist argument

if it goes lyn we all go for the too many classes specific,

If it goes to universal people just say random stuff and create an argument

I think we could create an argument with half or 1/64 of blade and soul player with any class

I support the lyn but at least to the extent to gon screw it im ready for the imaginary dislike button

Topic ended in June 2016, hello!

Grave digger.

Archived