Would you like to have a new Lyn Class Based around Scythe?

Alanstar

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

Just need to get this to Team Bloodlust! ;)
http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/124890-iron-fan-master/

@OP

While the idea is cool, a reaper style loli class is wayyy overdone. And it's not in any way martial arts =/
Plus we already have a warlock.

Fan master is what I have wanted forever in this game D: Please do this team bloodlust

14 minutes ago, Inugami said:

Fan master is what I have wanted forever in this game D: Please do this team bloodlust

Me too x.x </3

I would main it like I've never mained a class before!!!!!!

But it will take a lot of player support to get the idea to them. A LOT of work went into creating that polished idea. Big team effort. So it would really be nice to get their attention on it.
Julianne was even kind enough to assist us with creating it. So I hope it can continue to grow. The game is desperately missing this class and I feel it should've been there in the first place.

4 hours ago, Faline said:

As a Lyn player, I would love another class available to them, maybe not exclusively just for Lyn though, because alot of players liek playing other races...and as for your reaper suggestion...well, imo it looks alot like Destroyer...and as for the name Reaper...well that's a TERA class. Id like to see something like a nunchucks class!

Bruce-Lee-Nunchucks.jpg

This! I want this! Because it's the closes to a lyn fighter (like kfm/sf) to me. Nunchucks yeeeeeeh! 

Yeh, that reaper class that's being suggested, the destroyer long ass axe would almost fit like a scythe.. hell if there was a scythe skin for bd.. maybe they could pretend to be destroyer/reaper. (I dunno maybe I just want a fighter class lyn that doesn'tinvolve  blades (yes for nunchucks!)

59 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

Me too x.x </3

I would main it like I've never mained a class before!!!!!!

But it will take a lot of player support to get the idea to them. A LOT of work went into creating that polished idea. Big team effort. So it would really be nice to get their attention on it.
Julianne was even kind enough to assist us with creating it. So I hope it can continue to grow. The game is desperately missing this class and I feel it should've been there in the first place.

I hope it gets the support it deserves, has anyone ever made a thread here about it or pinged any of the other community reps with it? The fact that Julianne assisted with it speaks highly of the idea.

The only thing I'm against is having it be Yun exclusive since I prefer playing Jin males XD Otherwise its perfect.

9 minutes ago, Inugami said:

I hope it gets the support it deserves, has anyone ever made a thread here about it or pinged any of the other community reps with it? The fact that Julianne assisted with it speaks highly of the idea.

The only thing I'm against is having it be Yun exclusive since I prefer playing Jin males XD Otherwise its perfect.

Yea we decided not to limit it to a specific race or gender. I would LOVE to play a bad-ass and sexy Jin male fan user <3333 hehe

We haven't yet moved it to these forums, but it was part of the plan originally. I will have to talk to ZDestiny about what we want to do about it moving forward.

11 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

Yea we decided not to limit it to a specific race or gender. I would LOVE to play a bad-ass and sexy Jin male fan user <3333 hehe

We haven't yet moved it to these forums, but it was part of the plan originally. I will have to talk to ZDestiny about what we want to do about it moving forward.

I like the way you think! XD Also your avatar over there is amazing <3 I need to sign up on that forum and give that topic some support.

But yes hopefully it can move forward, because I seriously want to see this happened. When I heard there would be a 10th class this was basically what I wanted

2 minutes ago, Inugami said:

I like the way you think! XD Also your avatar over there is amazing <3 I need to sign up on that forum and give that topic some support.

But yes hopefully it can move forward, because I seriously want to see this happened. When I heard there would be a 10th class this was basically what I wanted

Oh thank you!! =D
He's literally my exact fantasy persona <3 hehe

giphy.gif     1465953066993726.gif?1465953066

14659532302532746.gif?1465953231

;)

11 hours ago, XianRen said:

How about we not lock any more classes into the shitty chibi race.

Also, why does it seem people feel that every single mmo should have a scythe class?  There are thousands upon thousands of weapons in the worlds and yet people always scream for an oversized gardening tool instead.

Because it's lacking.  :p  Sword class?  In every mmo!  Scythe?  Not!

Go play TERA if you want to play a Reaper.

I finally want to have a Yun-exclusive class; every other race has their exclusive(s) thus far:

• Lyn: Bladedancer, Summoner
  • Gon: Destroyer
  • Jin: Assassin

Now Jins also get SF though that was supposed to be for Yun and Gon only...

38 minutes ago, KhaosThanathan said:

I finally want to have a Yun-exclusive class; every other race has their exclusive(s) thus far:

You actually want classes locked exclusively to races? I think something's a little wrong with you.

51 minutes ago, KhaosThanathan said:

Agree, more like an Elf with buffing skills(reduce damage received skills, increase defense, increase evasion, increase attack speed, etc) and probably harder to kill in PvP especially in SSP. Imagine we will have a good faction war if we have Buffer.

Earth type skills.

51 minutes ago, KhaosThanathan said:

I'm actually looking forward to Yun exclusive class too but I hope the class they get is elegance related since they are afterall a race of elegance and beauty.

Like someone suggested fan class, maybe umbrella class like in moonlight blade online. Just want something elegant.. *nods* 

no love for tetsugen? Its ranged melee dps (so not pew pew but more of a tight wire act where you deal dmg with strangles/grips/lacerations (think of a garrote). For reference refer to Kurenai of Red Ninja. 

Or boken? (melee staff-high range/reach but weak with close combat)

Or kyudo? (yes a range class but one that is slow cast for high single target dmg, cc aoe's only, and rather than range this ranged class utilizes strong defense or hp absorption as it is a highly static/non-moving class.)

I think they'd be cool >_> and they're asian martial arts too :x

The idea of a scythe based class sounds....

amazing!

I think this class would fit Lyn's well since I've seen other MMO's have the cuter/smaller class usually wielding a weapon similar to a scythe or a scythe itself.

Maybe this could be a fully universal class.

I would love if this class was also considered "hard" just so the Lyn race has a difficult class rather than easy and normal.

Also, it can fit for any race, perhaps it would be normal or easy for every race but a Lyn.

The reason I say that it could be only considered hard for a Lyn is for a sort of handicap to be there. 

A new class for all, but different in the setting of difficulty.

However, a scythe may seem out of fit with Blade and Soul. I was thinking this, but then thought, is it really out of the complete theme?

A scythe is actually an agricultural tool, used in both Europe and Asia; Asia being where Blade and Soul takes place. 

Thus, a scythe can fit within the Blade and Soul world

and

be able to accommodate each class but perhaps have a different spin for each class or just difference in difficulty setting.

7 hours ago, HungryTaro said:

I'm actually looking forward to Yun exclusive class too but I hope the class they get is elegance related since they are afterall a race of elegance and beauty.

Like someone suggested fan class, maybe umbrella class like in moonlight blade online. Just want something elegant.. *nods* 

What about music ! Something like a dancer with dual large circles weapons or magical flute/kind of asian guitar (idk what the name is I saw that in Perfect World or Jade Dynasty I don't remember)

I would love a sort of bard (buffer) but it would completely change the balance.

To me, Yun exclusive is a nice idea

On 14/06/2016 at 4:19 PM, RyuueLaview said:

Possible new classes (maybe?)?

It exist also the gunner class.
But this class is kind obvious.
The game has a lot gunner enemies and even one of main characters is a gunner (Soha). They will put a gunner class. Probably Jyn exclusive.

19 minutes ago, KhaosThanathan said:

Seems like it; I simply don't like the discrimination that each race but Yun have their exclusives.

Yun is race AND gender locked.  Will likely never have an exclusive class.

Archived