New KR Assassin patchnotes

Ch4oskn1ght

Admittedly I do run dark strike in arena.  I jut don;t like close shave, can't really explain why that well, but it just....doesn't fit my play style i guess?  I have just never felt comfortable using it for whatever reason.

On 6/16/2016 at 8:31 AM, XianRen said:

Admittedly I do run dark strike in arena.  I jut don;t like close shave, can't really explain why that well, but it just....doesn't fit my play style i guess?  I have just never felt comfortable using it for whatever reason.

Close shave's purpose in arena is to cause a long animation follow-up after a stun to extend the duration of cc so that your cooldowns can come back up for you to continue your combo. I didn't like it at first, but it's really nice when you get a nice CC chain going with it. 

11 minutes ago, Nabzy said:

Close shave's purpose in arena is to cause a long animation follow-up after a stun to extend the duration of cc so that your cooldowns can come back up for you to continue your combo. I didn't like it at first, but it's really nice when you get a nice CC chain going with it. 

In specific matchups I think Dark Strike is superior to close shaved though. 

Mainly against summoners because 1. comboing a summoner is difficult af without getting interrupted by the cat and 2. you reduce its healing with the bleed stacks of dark strike. 

Ofc many ppl would more tend to use lighting pierce for this purpose but I prefer dark strike over it. 

Also against FMs it's a pretty good choice. 

1 hour ago, Shiune said:

In specific matchups I think Dark Strike is superior to close shaved though. 

Mainly against summoners because 1. comboing a summoner is difficult af without getting interrupted by the cat and 2. you reduce its healing with the bleed stacks of dark strike. 

Ofc many ppl would more tend to use lighting pierce for this purpose but I prefer dark strike over it. 

Also against FMs it's a pretty good choice. 

I'm by no means a great assassin PvP player. I just understand close shave's purpose in PvP and was explaining why most sins prefer it over Dark Strike.

However, as a FM main.. I would disagree that  you should use Dark Strike in the Sin vs FM matchup. A good FM will not let you get away with PvE against them and then stun lock you with impact by keeping three Frost Orbits on themselves so that every 3 hits you perform on them end up with you freezing yourself in place. 

Anyways, now we're beginning to change the topic, there's no need to get into a PvP debate in the KR patch notes forum, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't use Sweeping Gale after Lightning Rod stun anymore. Big nerf right there.

----

Pre:

According to KORDJMAX, who is one of the best KR Sins, the Mist Slash change (guaranteed critical Heart Stab -> proc Dark Strike) is a nerf overall.

Couldn't they just have made Dark Strike proc on Heart Stab hit? It's only fair given Lightning Pierce procs on hit now too.

EDIT: Actually, the Soul Badge that made Fighting Spirit provide 350% Heart Stab damage got nerfed to 200%, though admittedly that kind of value is way too strong. Still, arguably Mist Slash is still a nerf.

On 7/4/2016 at 2:13 AM, Minity SN said:

so overall we got nerfed?

In terms of poison stacking we're buffed which highly benefits lightning build, but that makes the Venom Pierce part of Mist Slash pretty useless. Dark Strike proc on Mist Slash not only eats a lot of chi overall (though Lightning Rod cooldown reverted to 12 seconds might alleviate that), the loss of guaranteed critical Heart Stab could severely hamper our DPS, so a bunch of KR Sins do claim it as a true nerf.

----

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4s7lof/kr_new_assassin_skillstrees/d57rs9t

Sidewinder is a 9 second cooldown shadow dash that applies poison, doesn't provide evasion, and deals a little damage.

Enhanced Decoy just makes your left side decoy act like party dandelion, you cast it once, and then while you're casting it you can cast it again to provide party protection like party dandelion.

The restraint skill is just a skill that does massive damage while a target is grabbed by a des or bd. I don't know if it's a dps up or not.

I think the cyclone sweep replacement skill is just a longer cooldown shadow dash, but I can't recall exactly.

EDIT: just checked, Shadow Infiltration is just a 30 second cooldown shadow dash that's used in stealth with 3 chi regen and no evasion bonus. The new sidewinder is 12s cooldown with no damage and can be used at any distance from the boss, otherwise it's what I said earlier. The restraint skill deals about 4.5x the damage of heart stage over 2 hits, and restealths you if you use it while you're in stealth. I'm not sure about its speed.

A 12 second cooldown poison stack on dash skill seems nice, but 30 second cooldown in-stealth dash seems rather excessive just like Stun Sidewinder.

Lightning Stride (RB)
– will not dispel Poison status on hit
–  add effect: deal additional damage on enemies with 5 stacks of Poison
– add effect: refresh Poison status on enemies with 5 stacks of Poison
– CD is changed to 60 sec

I hope that cd will not come.

7 hours ago, zentoorama said:

can som1 post anything about new  "1" (button) skill?

also about changed Decoy?

• Shadow Dash Stage 2 (Sidewinder Stun) got moved over to Stage 3. In its place is a new branch of Sidewinder that inflicts 1 poison stack, 0~16 meter range, and 12 second cooldown.
  • Cyclone Kick Tier 2 Stage 2 Daze got moved over to Tier 2 Stage 1 (and the KD got moved over to Tier 1. In its place is Shadow Infiltration, which is basically a Shadow Dash on a 30 second cooldown.
6 hours ago, RavTH said:

Lightning Stride (RB)
– will not dispel Poison status on hit
–  add effect: deal additional damage on enemies with 5 stacks of Poison
– add effect: refresh Poison status on enemies with 5 stacks of Poison
– CD is changed to 60 sec

I hope that cd will not come.

24 second cooldown on poison refresh and massive damage would be extremely broken.

Archived