Why to Quit Blade and Soul (PVP)

SupaKlab

Note: I have not played any other servers other than Yunma. Other servers do not matter as I would imagine that each would have the same or similar problems. I am Cerulean Order and will not change because I've invested too much into my clan.

1. The balance between Cerulean Order and the Crimson Legion in the Soul Stone Plains is overwhelmingly pathetic. The balance is at least (obviously guessing) 1-20 and there is nothing that is going to change that. That 5% is either bots, people who just arrived and don't know what the place is for, people who think the idea is cool and can't do anything because there's nobody there or people who just want to kill Crimson (good luck to those people).
  2. The mats required for weapon/accessories is outrageous compared to how difficult it is to farm the required components with the faction that cannot participate effectively in PvP content. You want moonstones? Well guess what, you have to do Soul Stone Plains.. Or you can pay 4.5g for each one. Have fun! Oh wait, I need 110 to upgrade my weapon? >.<
  3. That brings me to Soul Stones, yes.. I can do the dailies everyday in -just- Misty Woods to get them (however few that is), but why would I do that if I can never pick up my quests because the Crimsons are 90% of the time killing the NPCs in the main base? How is this fair? Who wants to go through this everyday? Well I'm tired of it... especially when countless soul stones are needed and there is only PvP means to get them. (If you say arena, I will cut you)

Overall I hate the amount of items required to upgrade gear and for those that do not want to be Crimson, they are punished for it. It is quite obvious this game is not made for everybody, but that should not be what the developers are thinking. They should be trying to make it for everybody, because the more people, the more money they get. I mean afterall.. that's all this game is for right?

If anyone has any suggestions on how to progress in this game with Cerulean Order despite faction dailies please do comment.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2016 at 8:55 PM, SupaKlab said:

Note: I have not played any other servers other than Yunma. Other servers do not matter as I would imagine that each would have the same or similar problems. I am Cerulean Order and will not change because I've invested too much into my clan.

1. The balance between Cerulean Order and the Crimson Legion in the Soul Stone Plains is overwhelmingly pathetic. The balance is at least (obviously guessing) 1-20 and there is nothing that is going to change that. That 5% is either bots, people who just arrived and don't know what the place is for, people who think the idea is cool and can't do anything because there's nobody there or people who just want to kill Crimson (good luck to those people).
  2. The mats required for weapon/accessories is outrageous compared to how difficult it is to farm the required components with the faction that cannot participate effectively in PvP content. You want moonstones? Well guess what, you have to do Soul Stone Plains.. Or you can pay 4.5g for each one. Have fun! Oh wait, I need 110 to upgrade my weapon? >.<
  3. That brings me to Soul Stones, yes.. I can do the dailies everyday in -just- Misty Woods to get them (however few that is), but why would I do that if I can never pick up my quests because the Crimsons are 90% of the time killing the NPCs in the main base? How is this fair? Who wants to go through this everyday? Well I'm tired of it... especially when countless soul stones are needed and there is only PvP means to get them. (If you say arena, I will cut you)

Overall I hate the amount of items required to upgrade gear and for those that do not want to be Crimson, they are punished for it. It is quite obvious this game is not made for everybody, but that should not be what the developers are thinking. They should be trying to make it for everybody, because the more people, the more money they get. I mean afterall.. that's all this game is for right?

If anyone has any suggestions on how to progress in this game with Cerulean Order despite faction dailies please do comment.

Thank you!

I actually don't think the game should 'cater to everyone'. That leads to a watered down experience that nobody truly enjoys. My issue is this bait and switch. As you know, right up to lvl 39 you didn't need to pvp-pvp was OPTIONAL. Once you start needing soulstones, the game pulled the rug from under you and go 'surprise...you need to pvp *cricket*!'. I'm more annoyed I wasted so much time and started to get invested in the story and lore, only to have to drop it at lvl 39.

If you want to make the game nothing but pvp then make it obvious and implement it from the get-go. You won't 'trick' or 'lure' people who aren't interested in pvp into pvping if you give them the pve experience they like for 39 levels-you'll only *cricket* them off and make them not recommend the game to their friends.

That's my experience as a new player of roughly 1 week. I haven't uninstalled yet because I'm watching to see if there's any changes incoming in the coming days/weeks.

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 7:55 PM, SupaKlab said:

My server was a Cerulean minority, so I have made a Crimson alt to double-dip the SSP and Mistywoods.

I am not great in PvP, but if I were, and could advance rank, I'd actually do arenas for more Soulstones and buy moonstones, because SSP has its breaks, faction war has to be won, and moonstone drops are so RNG. Crafting MTS is fairly profitable on multiple alts (they only need to be level 16), and I would have loved to do two orders a day and just buy Moonstones.

But in silver tier it makes more sense for me to trade my beans for HM skills.

Right now the prices of the stingers are depressed, but once the event is done, they will probably bounce back to 2.5 gold they used to be before the event, so if farming dungeons is something you can do, you can trade some of your stingers for moonstones and soulstones. I can't really advise on farming the stingers, since the event is a god-send to me in terms of getting them.

On 6/14/2016 at 6:55 PM, SupaKlab said:

Thank you!

Well Ncsoft suggestion for you is to swtich faction. So maybe follow their advice. OH WAIT! YOU can't coz the other faction is full already so you can't switch......

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the soulstones were very close to making me quit as well, but I like the story, mechanics and challenge in soloing bosses so I tried to think of a way to still play. Luckily soulstones are available on the market, and while it will be slower, I've found doing other pve oriented tasks to make money to buy the soulstones as being an acceptable compromise for me personally. However I literally just ran into an even bigger problem just five minutes ago-there's gear from misty woods that NEEDS pvp oriented tasks to acquire that's necessary for your equipment upgrades.

Buying from the market isn't even a posibility; your only options are to flag yourself and place yourself in a pvp environment. Not only do you need a separate currency to get this pvp gear, but you also need to attain a certain pvp rank to even be able to buy the damn thing apparently. Furthermore those items are needed for not just the necklace, but will be needed for other item upgrades, which means even more pvp currency.

Since there's literally no way around this, I shall take my leave. Now I see why the game needed to have server merges less than 1 year after release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 6:37 PM, ErosNova said:

Yeah the soulstones were very close to making me quit as well, but I like the story, mechanics and challenge in soloing bosses so I tried to think of a way to still play. Luckily soulstones are available on the market, and while it will be slower, I've found doing other pve oriented tasks to make money to buy the soulstones as being an acceptable compromise for me personally. However I literally just ran into an even bigger problem just five minutes ago-there's gear from misty woods that NEEDS pvp oriented tasks to acquire that's necessary for your equipment upgrades.

Buying from the market isn't even a posibility; your only options are to flag yourself and place yourself in a pvp environment. Not only do you need a separate currency to get this pvp gear, but you also need to attain a certain pvp rank to even be able to buy the damn thing apparently. Furthermore those items are needed for not just the necklace, but will be needed for other item upgrades, which means even more pvp currency.

Since there's literally no way around this, I shall take my leave. Now I see why the game needed to have server merges less than 1 year after release.

If you can't even farm a few Misty Woods insignia and already whine, your quitting does not imply anything significant about the game. I play in a server where my faction is dominated by the opposite side and I can still get those.

As soon as something a little challenging hits you, you rage quit. While you're free to play how you like, but your pathetic gameplay is not evidence of a bad game.

It sounds to me like you want very easy upgrades because you're so hung up on them and can't get them fast. You want legendary stage 6 in just easy 1,2, or 3 months?

Note: SSP is still a cancer. I seriously hope they will develop better new open world pvp contents for this game. At the moment, open world pvp content is de facto non-existent. 

On 6/14/2016 at 6:55 PM, SupaKlab said:

Thank you!

1. The faction balance will never be balanced. There will be people switching side for easier BnS faction life, but in your case, you choose to stay in the faction in a server that I am guessing Ceru is losing to Crimson. That's your choice so you need to stick with it and endure it. I am on OMC where Ceru outnumbers Crimson (so opposite with your server) so yea, whatever you are going through, I am going through too.

2. Rather than complaining about the material requirement for weapon/accessories upgrades, you should invest some more time in dailies the lv50 purple, 4men it if you want some rare drop, pick up merry potter or soul warden and craft stuffs to sell on market to earn coins. Then I bet you, you will have enough money to afford the moonstone you need. Why I dare to say so? Because that's what I did and is doing when SSP went down to the toilet. Moonstone and soulstone is no longer a concern to me; the only concern for me now is Naryu Tablet and Honorary Ornament --> more dungeons! It took me close to a month to go from True Breeze to True Scorpio but by the time I got to True Scorpio, it was a huge accomplishment "Yes! I did it!" if it was easy, it would be "Meh, I got it"

3. Same as the above. You can't farm in faction? Run the dailies -- not just the challenges but all lv50 purple. You should at least get 10g if you didn't have any lucks for rare drop and if you get rare drop like my buddy who got the offal from Gloomdross 4men -- it's payday.

I do agree that the mats requirement is a bit ridiculous but hey, lower mats requirement patch is coming so maybe it should be a good news to you.

At the same time, if every thing in a game is easy...it's boring -- gotta have some challenges.

Archived