Can we stop undercutting each other?

RoyalMiku

so today I check currency exchange to see if the rate is getting better or still the same , but then :

344rwqd.jpg2aihfux.jpg

so for 1199hm coin outfit = 150g and 999hm coin outfit = 125g

that's ridiculous! are we going for 1:1 ?

stop undercutting each other

Yes at this rate we are going to 1:1 and as NCSoft would say, it is decided by community, so where you have it. Our beautiful, toxic community is driving this thing towards hell.

Here's what actually going on. People want to sell their gold instantly, so they always put the lowest to be on top of the first page. It's logic. And that happens with the marketplace too, except there many people just leave it for 24 hours at higher prices so when the low priced ones are gone people are required to buy the higher priced one hence causing an inflation because the next user will put up his item a little bit lower than the high priced one ...

3 hours ago, Rog said:

Yes at this rate we are going to 1:1 and as NCSoft would say, it is decided by community, so where you have it. Our beautiful, toxic community is driving this thing towards hell.

This is why I keep stating to them that again, it's THEIR GAME! And THEY Should set the limit on selling gold, leaving it to a bunch of dumb*** kids will destroy it like the market!

I don't really see a problem with people doing this. They have money to throw away, they want to throw it away as fast as possible, let them. :P If enough people have spare gold around to do this, then the rest of us get the short end of the stick, but that's just how the market works.

The real problem, to me, is that the shop fixes relative prices. So, for instance, imagine that 95% of all that trading is to buy legendary hammers, brilliant keys or whatever-current-event-reset item is available. The high demand for these items causes the exchange rate to drop, yet.... low demand, but expensive, items are dragged around, too (ie: costumes).

If the shop only had costumes, the exchange rate would be lingering at a 20~25g per outfit, perhaps. Now, because of those consumable which are in high demand, they are +100g each.

This works great for NC-Soft and RMT-people, yet it's awful for those of us who just want to look pretty.

6 hours ago, Rog said:

You make it sound like the staff were wrong. Like... it IS the community doing this.

The only things that stop the 1:1 rate now is the minimum ratio, which will be soon to reach that low.

The only thing, IMO, to stops this from happening is increase the tax on minimum sales to discourage low rate exchange. If you sell 1:9, you will have to pay 30% the tax, so you only gain 6 coin for one gold. Meanwhile, if you sell at maximum rate (1:11), the tax is still 10%, so you will get 10 coins for one gold.

Similar to how anti-dumping tax works If someone tries to undercut the steel prices, he will suffer from additional tax that makes his steel products become less competitive in prices.

Honestly.. with the rate were making gold now (or atleast to some people), I actually saw this coming. The only one who buys at these rates are those who has a lot of money and just don't care/ just wants the gold now or those who can't invest the things in the store into the marketplace. If it were to go up again it would become daylight robbery to those who buy from exchanger... or most likely they'll buy from RMT sellers instead. So yeh, expect it to keep going lower than higher. :( Imma miss buying costume with hmcoins but can't do anything about it *sighs* Would be nice if we could get more hmcoins somewhere or venture coins drops more(my RNG sucks) but... it most likely won't happen.

Not 1:1,  but 1:4/1:5 would probably be the balancing point..

Real Money > the Game Gold

That 999NC/HMC Outfit cost $12.49 USD, the 1199 Outfit costs $14.99USD. 125 or even 150 in game gold is damn good deal.

Definitely not going to pay you more for playing a video game then I pay my teenage babysitter considering she does a great deal more work. Its not a real job so you don't qualify for min wage she gets $5 an hour, at that rate your still getting overpaid. Really the fact that your getting paid to play a game is awesome in the first place! :)

Every single time I see this post I wonder if the poster has ever played a game with any form of currency exchange before. 1:2-1:5 are the most common rates depending on how easy/hard it is the generate game currency. I would put BnS towards the harder side so a 1:5 wouldn't be bad. There is always a part time job at the local Burger King for your costume needs.

50 minutes ago, Mythbinder said:

Every single time I see this post I wonder if the poster has ever played a game with any form of currency exchange before. 1:2-1:5 are the most common rates depending on how easy/hard it is the generate game currency. I would put BnS towards the harder side so a 1:5 wouldn't be bad. There is always a part time job at the local Burger King for your costume needs.

Burger King is in decline in my country. And any person who decides to take part-time jobs at these are mostly students who are in dire need of money for their living XD

I have a full-time job, but don't want to spend more than premiumship as a way to support the developer (P2P for a F2P-quality game, lol).

I know the ratio will keep decreasing to the point of 1:1, but it would be nice to slow down the progress a little. Let say I need 1,300 gold per outfit, then I should have the time and the means to grind for 1,300 gold within two weeks, so I will have to generate at least 100g in daily basis. If I count the equipment upgrade, I will have to get a stable income of 150-200g per day. I hope there will be enough a way to generate that much income when the time comes.

But it it's balanced at 1:5, it still sounds feasible to me.

48 minutes ago, Mythbinder said:

Never played the one that destroyed in just 6 months or so

And where those gold came from? i think its kind like a black magic or something

I traded 1000g when it still 1:50-60 so yeah, no burger job :3

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

The only thing, IMO, to stops this from happening is increase the tax on minimum sales to discourage low rate exchange. If you sell 1:9, you will have to pay 30% the tax, so you only gain 6 coin for one gold. Meanwhile, if you sell at maximum rate (1:11), the tax is still 10%, so you will get 10 coins for one gold.

I like this idea

7 hours ago, Zuf said:

Yeah, because full free market has always worked so well ;D

It does work.  Some just don't like it.

The question becomes.  How many hours of game time do you think is equal to people's RL working time?  :p

We'll make it simple...Federal Minimum wage is 7.25/hour.  So a player has to work 4 hours to buy a 25 dollar NCSoft card (to also get 20 extra soul stones) and then sell those 2000 NCoin.

How much game time do you think is equal to that?  A quick read of the forums sounds like people might be thinking 5 gold (less than an hour of play time) for every 400 NCoin.  Pretty sure 1 hour real work is greater than 1 hour play time.

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

It does work.  Some just don't like it.

The question becomes.  How many hours of game time do you think is equal to people's RL working time?  :p

We'll make it simple...Federal Minimum wage is 7.25/hour.  So a player has to work 4 hours to buy a 25 dollar NCSoft card (to also get 20 extra soul stones) and then sell those 2000 NCoin.

How much game time do you think is equal to that?  A quick read of the forums sounds like people might be thinking 5 gold (less than an hour of play time) for every 400 NCoin.  Pretty sure 1 hour real work is greater than 1 hour play time.

2,000 HM coin at 1:10 exchange rate is about 220 gold (plus the 10% tax). Currently, you can get an average income of 50-60 gold per day if doing all dailies and get lucky with big loot, so it's about 4-5 days for 2,000 coins. However, I need money for my upgrade too, so I only sell 10-20g per day, thus it will take me about 10-20 days for 2,000 coins.

My income is about US$5-7 per day (sorry that it's worse than Burger King's flipper job or unemployed wage, but that's enough to feed me if I live alone), so it also take me either 4-5 days if I eat air and drink rain water, or eats instant noodle and drink boiled tap water for 10-20 days to get 2,000 HM coins :D

The difference thing is that if I spend time in-game to get gold, I actually progress my character in some way (achievement, for example), and I have chance for great loot from dungeon runs and daily challenges, and I get my outfit in the end. Plus, I have fun playing the game and dressing up my Momo. Meanwhile, if I go with real-life route, I only get the outfit, no game progression, and a declining health. To me and some people, wallet is not always the quickest way.

Reasons why it is like this:

- supply and demand (easier to farm gold vs more stuff to buy)

- money > time (in this case)

As much as I hate this exchange ratio, it is set by people and it will go even lower.

4 hours ago, Zuf said:

It doesn't, though.

It does work.  People just aren't liking their return or investment.

Before people complained they weren't getting enough gold for their coin.  Now people are complaining they're not getting enough Coin for their gold :p

Basically, whatever side you are on, you want to be the one making out like a bandit. :p

Archived