Sign in to follow this  
Shelly

How can you tell when people are bots

Shelly   

So those summoners that have no hm accessories and profane weapon. Are those bots or lazy summoner alts? 

Cause sometimes they speak. But I'm like I kind of want to kick you in my awk necros and yeti's because you look like a bot. 

I'm confused. ;-;

Quantum   

They throw me off as well, I see some of them with "wtf is this" type of gear and with gibberish names but sometimes they actually talk.

Winner   
4 hours ago, United17 said:

If you see 10 players in an area it means 7 of them are bots.

I see. I better watch out.

Volinus   

Bot can speak too if their owner is on the keyboard.

Ppl cannot speak if they're afk.

You cannot judge things by the ability to speak alone....

Daktaro   

I wanna say if they're speaking they're probably not a bot but in some cases that isn't even true.

Have experienced bots with some kind of automated speech.. they afk in the dungeons but say some general phrases that don't make sense.

When we get to the boss room they type 'r' when other people type 'r' to say they're ready but still stand to the side doing nothing :\

In arena though yeah... did a tag match just today with me and 5 bots. The bots get sent in first and literally just stand there doing nothing until the timer runs out. Usually you can use interference and kill them like that but today they stood at opposite ends of the arena, at the very edges. So in the 6 seconds I have - you enter the arena already in combat mode so can't sprint, then I only just made it to the other person even with my longest range gap closer and didn't have time to do any damage. So I have to wait while they afk and then face roll them all when it's my turn. Rip arena. 

Dungeon bots that I've seen usually afk and don't really fight so it's easier to tell kinda. They just wait and bid on the loot. 
No accessory could be lazy but... imo it's a red flag. 
In arena Summoner can use sunflower/doom'n'gloom but doesn't aim properly and then uses cat taunt at weird times. Destroyer kinda tries to spam anicancel and doesn't really defend much or if you grab them they don't try to escape. Sad there's even warlock, forcemaster, blademaster bots in arena now too.. fm and bm usually afk and wl will use some random attacks but not proper rotations. Some bot today ran up to the anvil in the waiting area and then try to repair weapon and stop and try again and stop all the way until the match started. It's really a joke and I kind of laughed out of disbelief and hopelessness lol. 

53 minutes ago, Daktaro said:

I wanna say if they're speaking they're probably not a bot but in some cases that isn't even true.

Have experienced bots with some kind of automated speech.. they afk in the dungeons but say some general phrases that don't make sense.

When we get to the boss room they type 'r' when other people type 'r' to say they're ready but still stand to the side doing nothing :\

In arena though yeah... did a tag match just today with me and 5 bots. The bots get sent in first and literally just stand there doing nothing until the timer runs out. Usually you can use interference and kill them like that but today they stood at opposite ends of the arena, at the very edges. So in the 6 seconds I have - you enter the arena already in combat mode so can't sprint, then I only just made it to the other person even with my longest range gap closer and didn't have time to do any damage. So I have to wait while they afk and then face roll them all when it's my turn. Rip arena. 

Dungeon bots that I've seen usually afk and don't really fight so it's easier to tell kinda. They just wait and bid on the loot. 
No accessory could be lazy but... imo it's a red flag. 
In arena Summoner can use sunflower/doom'n'gloom but doesn't aim properly and then uses cat taunt at weird times. Destroyer kinda tries to spam anicancel and doesn't really defend much or if you grab them they don't try to escape. Sad there's even warlock, forcemaster, blademaster bots in arena now too.. fm and bm usually afk and wl will use some random attacks but not proper rotations. Some bot today ran up to the anvil in the waiting area and then try to repair weapon and stop and try again and stop all the way until the match started. It's really a joke and I kind of laughed out of disbelief and hopelessness lol. 

I afk in arena but I'm not a bot. I'm just usually half dead by the time I actually load in anyways and I'm only doing it for the HM skill. I know this might frustrate some players but once they get into silver they'll be rid of me anyways. 

Can you gear check in arena? Cos id hate to be reported for botting; even though I have a normal name and all....

Daktaro   
1 hour ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

I afk in arena but I'm not a bot. I'm just usually half dead by the time I actually load in anyways and I'm only doing it for the HM skill. I know this might frustrate some players but once they get into silver they'll be rid of me anyways. 

Can you gear check in arena? Cos id hate to be reported for botting; even though I have a normal name and all....

Awww that sucks you have the lag loading in, I know someone who has this problem too. Afking in the arena is probably not a good idea though because yeah you will look like a bot.. not necessarily the gold seller kind of bot either, some people just make scripts for arena to farm zen beans or do dailies afk no effort. Especially on the tag match side because if they get an alive player, that one player can carry the whole team sometimes and get wins for the botters. 

I held a warlock bot hostage in the lobby once. Did the tag team with him, he was the kind that stood for a while then randomly cast a spell then back to standing. Then after the match he stayed in the lobby just changing status "ready" then "waiting" then back to "ready" then "waiting" etc. I had things to do irl but curious to see if he stays there so I leave the game on, afk, and come back 2 hours later and he's still there. Seems like he didn't add 'leave party' to script or something..

I dunno if you can check gear, probably not, but if you're not gold rank people can't see your name anyway. Not that it helps, bots are using more normal names now too instead of keysmashes. For example a summoner one was called 'nine degrees'. Sadly, silver is still filled with afkers so can't escape them there T v T

Edit: didn't think.. you can see the names of your own team o: oooooooo

Edited by Daktaro

Natose   
8 hours ago, United17 said:

If you see 10 players in an area it means 7 of them are bots.

actually they could be a multiboxer

its not the same as a bot

a bot runs off a program automated

a multiboxer has someone live on the main acct and the slaves copy what the master does

1- Bots usually wear HongMoon Uniform or Jiangshi outfit (from the 1st world boss you encounter)

2- Name can be either gibberish or if it's not gibberish, it's all lowercase (ex: businesswoman)

3- Bots doesn't upgrade weapon or accessories (they don't wear belts or bracelet), they use the NPC reward weapon or the weapon from the Wheel of Fortune

4- They go in group (massive) like a train... I have found some that go alone or in a duo

Some bots will try to invite you to party. I get that occasionally.

Shelly   

Yeah. I think since bots can spam phrases in the game, can't they be programmed to say simple shit. So I'm LIKE ARE YOU STILL A BOT EVEN THOUGH YOU SPEAK. AHHHHH. D: cause I feel bad for people getting kicked so much in this game, but then why must you look like a bot. =-=

edit: like can bots be programmed to attack when they need to?! WHAT MAKES A BOT DIFFERENT FROM STUPID SUMMONERS. 

Edited by Shelly

Some peeps apparently want to kick me in naryu run because im wearing Ashes in Fall ;w;

just because bots wear them in Shiverfrost..doesn't mean everyone wearing them is bots.

Bezerko   

Bzzz... whrrrr...  tHeRe ArE nO bOtS iN tHiS gAmE, fLeShLiNg.  It'S yOuR hUmAn ImAgInAtIoN.